Metal Storm logo
Your one man project/band

Original post

Posted by Soliloquy, 20.09.2006 - 23:58
i know a bunch of you have your lil one man bands or stuff on myspace or whatever. post em here, instead of creating 100's of different pages.

and i'm doing a crappy job at it too. but meh, i'm having fun
24.03.2018 - 00:00
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Here's a link to my Bandcamp page: https://coderathegreat.bandcamp.com/
I also have more recordings on my Soundcloud page as well: https://soundcloud.com/codera

I'm not a metal musician as I don't have a electric guitar, bass, or drums, just an acoustic guitar and piano, but I have been influenced by various metal bands with my sound. I'm not a pro by any means, it's just a fun hobby being able to create my own music.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
01.07.2018 - 00:49
New song and video online, check it out!

Cheers!
14.07.2018 - 03:12
Hi folks!

We are open minded metal band from Poland called Valdenburg and we recorded our first album for literally zero money. We done everything (even with cover art) by our hands, so if you have a moment, please take a listen of our year work record and say us what do you think! Thank you from bottom of my hearth for all opinions and thoughts, and have a great day/night or meal if you have one now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud__YLP3V54&t=1677s

Gorilla (Valdenburg drummer)
14.07.2018 - 19:32
Metren
Chameleon
What kind of an insanobrain musician uploads an acoustic ambient interlude from his upcoming album to Youtube before the album's title is even revealed? Apparently, this one.

----
I am not nor have I ever been a musician or a member of a one-man band, especially a band that has a name that starts with "D".
01.09.2018 - 16:24
Sarang

Hi guys. Maybe we are not one man project but we would definitelly like to share with you what we do. Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3_aX4d9Co8
23.11.2018 - 19:01
whack

Hi guys, check this underground things:

Kolaps systému (noisecore / ambient)

Posledná minúta (blackened grindcore)
19.12.2018 - 20:09
Hi.

This is my one man project. First music release of any kind, really. Estonia.

https://thunraz.bandcamp.com/album/bloodstone

A lot of bitterness, rage and despair. Enjoy (or don't).
13.01.2019 - 18:29
Atomization

My project Atomization which I started in 2013 contains many different styles like funeral doom metal, atmospheric black metal, grindcore, goregrind, cybergrind, noisecore and dark ambient. Check it out on Bandcamp, some releases are still available on cassette and cdr. Nuclear Twilight, the black metal album is also on Spotify. Follow me on Twitter, YouTube or Facebook.

https://atomization.bandcamp.com
27.03.2019 - 21:57
Metren
Chameleon
I took a break from all things metal to compose some potential video game music with VSTs like Era II - Medieval Legends and EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra.

----
I am not nor have I ever been a musician or a member of a one-man band, especially a band that has a name that starts with "D".
03.04.2019 - 20:12
Saurion

Hello,
I want to show you new release of my black metal project Saurion.
I recorded two instrumental tracks. Here you can find them:

If you enjoy it you can find also first demo from 2013 on my chanel.
10.10.2019 - 10:47
LtArWoLy

https://youtu.be/gyBsIFH9LUQ

https://youtu.be/mJXk5MXOaTk

https://youtu.be/7u7my1BTBeA

https://youtu.be/eYGCAskOd7I

This is all the solo stuff i've been working on recently. Please like and sub if you enjoyed any of it, it really helps a lot.
Btw my name is Troy! I hail from florida, used to be in a band called Orion. Now I just do my own stuff and am currently trying to get a 7 string guitar and some recording time. Thank you in advance for any support or feedback!
21.12.2019 - 22:08
Metren
Chameleon
This would've been the 3d song from the 2nd Dreadrealm album. I am quite saticfied with it myself, but the rest of the material I wrote wasn't up to standard, so to hell with a 2nd album.

----
21.12.2019 - 23:30
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by Metren on 21.12.2019 at 22:08

This would've been the 3d song from the 2nd Dreadrealm album. I am quite saticfied with it myself, but the rest of the material I wrote wasn't up to standard, so to hell with a 2nd album.

Dude, what is wrong with you?

The sole criticism you received for The Essence Of Winter was that some people would have loved to hear more of your (harsh) vocals.
Then you deliver just to point out that there'll never be a sophomore album?

PS: great track, I'm really digging the interplay of harsh vocals and cleans
----
signatures = SPAM
21.12.2019 - 23:39
Metren
Chameleon
Written by Starvynth on 21.12.2019 at 23:30

Dude, what is wrong with you?

Umm... probably a lot of things as far as my brain is concerned...

The sole criticism you received for The Essence Of Winter was that some people would have loved to hear more of your (harsh) vocals.
Then you deliver just to point out that there'll never be a sophomore album?

TEOW was very well received indeed... and I made a promise in a video back when I released it. "If the next album isn't better, I won't release it". As I've said, the music is kind of just not in me anymore. Even that one song I posted here was completed almost 2 years ago. Since then I've had no inspiration for riffs, melodies, lyrics or anything. That's just how it is. I honestly don't know what else to do about it other than to let people know that there is no point in them waiting for the next album (I made a post on FB too a few months ago).

I know that's all pretty weird. I am weird. Sorry.

PS: great track, I'm really digging the interplay of harsh vocals and cleans

Thank You! I'm glad You enjoyed it. I hope everyone else can too. It's like a farewell gift or an apology to folks who wanted a 2nd Dreadrealm I suppose.
----
22.12.2019 - 02:05
Zap

Written by Metren on 21.12.2019 at 23:39

It's like a farewell gift or an apology to folks who wanted a 2nd Dreadrealm I suppose.

Well, thanks for that. I enjoyed it more than I remember enjoying the first album. Maybe I should give that one another spin.
----
And the tears that we will weep today
Will all be washed away
By the tears that we will weep again tomorrow
22.12.2019 - 03:42
Metren
Chameleon
Written by Zap on 22.12.2019 at 02:05

Well, thanks for that. I enjoyed it more than I remember enjoying the first album. Maybe I should give that one another spin.

That I find surprising, honestly. I always felt that this song was sssssssslightly below the level of TEOW. But I am glad you enjoyed it of course.
----
22.12.2019 - 11:38
nikarg
Mod
Written by Zap on 22.12.2019 at 02:05

You really do need to give the album another spin. It is just great.

Metren, thanks for sharing the farewell gift. Now, I would start the rant but Starvynth already did that for me and you have justified your decision to call it quits properly so there's not much left to say. I love the interplay between the harsh and the clean vocals as well, but just like you I feel that the song overall is slightly inferior to what you did in TEOW. Maybe it's the keys I don't dig as much, I don't know. Still, it's better than 90% of the atmoblack I generally come across.

Just so you know, I am probably one of the biggest fanboys of TEOF. I rarely come back to albums I review because I listen to them so many times in order to review them that I get a bit fed up with them. But I still revisit this debut of yours, especially at this time of the year, it is great company for winter days. It's such a shame it never got a physical release.
22.12.2019 - 12:56
Zap

Okay guys I will give it another spin soon I haven't really listened to it since it came out (sorry!)
----
And the tears that we will weep today
Will all be washed away
By the tears that we will weep again tomorrow
20.04.2020 - 19:29
nikarg
Mod
^ I like it, Metren. I would be very interested to listen to the whole thing if and when you finish it.
20.04.2020 - 19:38
Metren
Chameleon
Written by nikarg on 20.04.2020 at 19:29

^ I like it, Metren. I would be very interested to listen to the whole thing if and when you finish it.

Good to know! Be warned however, that is one of the less cheesy tracks XD. I think I actually have a decent shot at completeing this because of the lack of pressure and expectations (especially from myself), since this is just a quarantine-era hobby/pet project.
----
25.10.2020 - 06:46
LesbianWithAGun

Love my guitar.
25.10.2020 - 06:56
LesbianWithAGun

28.11.2020 - 20:57
Metren
Chameleon
I composed this a few months ago. It's folkish and blackish, I guess. NB! This doesn't mean the return of Dreadrealm, but perhaps some will find the track at least somewhat enjoyable.

----
31.07.2021 - 23:26

Greetings from Estonia. Here is a single by my death metal project that will have a full album release on the 20th of August by Kvlt und Kaos Productions. Enjoy!