Metal Storm logo
Vital Remains - To Release New Album This Year

Tony Lazaro, guitarist of US death metallers Vital Remains, was recently interviewed by Metal Hangar 18 after the band's March 2nd performance in Sofia, Bulgaria, and confirmed that the band will record their new album in the summer and plan to release it this year.

Tony Lazaro said: "The songs (for the new album) have been written (for a long time) ? some of them since 2008. I've written, like, two albums' worth of material; I have almost 20 songs."

"We will record the new album this year. Everything is kind of in place. We can't wait ? after this tour ? to get working on it again before we have another tour in the U.S. in May with Destruction. And then after that it's all about recording the new album this summer. So hopefully everything's gonna work out and we'll have the album recorded and it will be out finally this year."

"The new album, the new songs are shorter. I've been writing the music since the beginning, since '89. I write all the music, and this is the first time that I wrote the songs shorter. The songs are averaging only about four minutes; the longest song, I think, is four and a half minutes. First time ever. But I tried to keep my style of writing in there ? keep the speed, the brutality, the melodic stuff, and also put some old-school stuff in there and some classical stuff in there; some solo stuff, really good solos and melodies. It's everything you'd expect from Vital Remains, but just in a shorter package."

The full interview is available for viewing at this location.

Source: legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Vital Remains
Posted: 12.03.2012 by DEATH666

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 101 users
12.03.2012 - 12:33
vezzy
Stallmanite
Nice, can't wait to see what they've come up with, with Glen and Dave out.

I'm actually looking forward to the shorter songs. Icons of Evil would have been better if they cut it down, then again it had a lot of other flaws too.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
12.03.2012 - 13:13
Kuroboshi

OMG yes! Been waiting for many years now.
12.03.2012 - 13:17
Absak

Dave Suzuki was the best thing that happened to this band, I hope they can pull off the epic neoclassical solos without him.
12.03.2012 - 13:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Absak on 12.03.2012 at 13:17
Dave Suzuki was the best thing that happened to this band, I hope they can pull off the epic neoclassical solos without him.

Doubt it. This is going to be like Deicide without the Hoffman brothers. Maybe Ralph Santolla will make a guest appearance?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.04.2012 - 19:19
MesiasDesmorphus

Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.03.2012 at 13:41

Written by Absak on 12.03.2012 at 13:17

Doubt it. This is going to be like Deicide without the Hoffman brothers. Maybe Ralph Santolla will make a guest appearance?

lool, I don't mean to sound insulting but are you kidding me? The Stench of Redemption was better than Scars of the Crucifix, In Torment in Hell and Insineratehymn. I realize that those album were rushed, but I don't think that the Hoffman Bros would've done a better job on that album than Ralph and Jack.
22.04.2012 - 04:58
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by MesiasDesmorphus on 21.04.2012 at 19:19
The Stench of Redemption was better than Scars of the Crucifix, In Torment in Hell and Insineratehymn. I don't think that the Hoffman Bros would've done a better job on that album than Ralph and Jack.

Maybe you misinterpreted my point? Because I'm in agreement with everything you said. :/
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 6976 | This month: 3