Metal Storm logo
Static-X

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 02.02.2007 - 19:15
I used to be an asbolute huge Static-X fan, but then - as it does - I moved away from them to the point where I hadnt bothered with them all at all for a few years.
I decided this afternoon to go and have a listen to their 'Start A War' album and see what I made of it properly - as before it really didnt get much attention at all. I thought it was rather ok, but it wet my appetite and in a half-nostalgic way I have worked my way through all of their albums this afternoon.

I think their first two albums are probably my favorites, but the others arent bad either.
Is there anyone else out there that actually likes Static-X? All opinions are welcome..
25.11.2009 - 05:36
SerratedSyringe

Static-X was probably the band that really got me into metal. I don't listen to them as much as I used to, but I think that might change after reading this thread. My favorite thing is the guitar riffs, it just sounds like they are about to bludgeon you to death with their guitars. Also, Wayne's hair is total win.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
23.12.2009 - 21:43
I_Die_Often

They're good!
Play them more than some of the bigger names in metal

Need a smilie on here with Wayne hair!!!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
24.12.2009 - 10:27
The Shape

Written by I_Die_Often on 23.12.2009 at 21:43

They're good!
Play them more than some of the bigger names in metal

I 100% agree, they are great
----
16.01.2010 - 21:31
Fat & Sassy!

I've always seen them as a Ministry worship band. I think it's funny too that they label themselves "disco-metal", as if they are super original enough to make up a fancy new genre. Their music is fun to listen too for a while, but I think I've heard TOO much of them growing up to not get annoyed when listening to them a lot. :/

Oh, and the vocalist's hair is pretty fucking ridiculous looking too.
19.01.2010 - 05:08
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
In which album they have recorded the Ministry's cover ''Burning Inside''?

I loved that song, but downloaded from Kazaa a long time ago and can't find it anywhere... : / Not as good as the original but very catchy and fun.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
04.02.2010 - 02:25
Scourge

Cool band. cool music, cool name and cool hair!!:lol:

they were one of the first metal bands i heard and one of the bands that were the reson i started listening to metal
----
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and bitter...
04.02.2010 - 21:47
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Uirapuru on 19.01.2010 at 05:08

It's on a B-sides album, I think.
04.02.2010 - 23:06
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 04.02.2010 at 21:47

Written by Uirapuru on 19.01.2010 at 05:08

It's on a B-sides album, I think.

Yeah, Im gonna look through their rarities
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
17.12.2012 - 16:05
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
New album in 2013?!

Source : here.

it isn't confirmed yet I guess.
10.01.2013 - 16:36
Jtbmetal123

Static-X got me into metal. Waynes vocals are awesome and the way the band uses the Industrial sound. Wisconsin Death trip is their best album to me. Plus, Waynes hair is cool as ever. I want to see them live when they come to town.
16.01.2013 - 00:50
Lit.
Account deleted
I've been playing out their first album. Really enjoy it, especially the first 4 songs. Haven't thought much of listening to anything else they did. Perhaps I should...
23.01.2013 - 02:23
stupid noob
Account deleted
This band and Fear Factory are the only reasons I think industrial metal is any good, and Rammstein too I guess. I prefer Static-X to Rammstein though because they don't just make music to dance to, and they can sound pretty evil sometimes! They almost remind me of Coal Chamber sometimes, which is definitely not a bad thing. Plus the guy has some badass dreads! My work would never let me grow out my hair like that. HA!
05.06.2016 - 23:36
WayTooManyCDs

Wisconsin Death Trip was one of the coolest albums ever to my then teenage ears. I was super excited for Machine and probably listened to it more than it deserved. Then for some reason Static-X started moving in the wrong direction, sounding like every other Nu-Metal band instead of trying to expand their own sound. It definitely worked out for them in the short term but it killed a lot of my interest and that of a lot of others in the long run. It's too bad, Wayne Static was a larger than life character and deserved a lot better than where he ended up. R.I.P.
26.03.2020 - 15:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
The official lyric video for the song "My Parasite" from FACE WITHOUT FEAR, the new industrial rock band featuring ex-STATIC-X and DOPE guitarist Tripp Eisen, can be seen below. The clip was created by NotFallingStudios.com from the U.K.

----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.12.2021 - 13:14
VileVick-Bryant

So what does people think of the album Project: Regeneration Vol. 1? and who can't wait for part 2
21.12.2021 - 15:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Thus band i did listen at age 19 whit my first year university mste, when we drink, had party and so on, I did not like it but I was silent. He had cool parties. Now few months ago listened and dont like it now to.
----

apos;'
[image]
21.03.2022 - 10:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
STATIC-X has canceled all of its previously announced 2022 tour dates in Europe "due to the ongoing situation" on the continent.

Earlier today (Friday, March 18), the California-based outfit released the following statement via social media: "Due to the ongoing situation in Europe and Russia, STATIC-X is canceling all of our summer and fall overseas touring plans for 2022. We look forward to seeing all of you in 2023 when we will officially be celebrating the 20th anniversary of [STATIC-X's second album] 'Machine' with you all around the world."
----

apos;'
[image]