Metal Storm logo
Thy Catafalque - New Album Details, Song Online

Meta is the new album from Thy Catafalque and it has just been announced! The Hungarian avant-garde metal outfit of mastermind Tamás Kátai shared its first details today. The album is set for release on September 16th, 2016 on CD and LP on Season Of Mist. For now, you can check out the cover art, tracklist, and also stream the first single "Mezolit" here. So, how is the successor to last year's Sgùrr sounding so far?

Tamás Kátai commented: "The track 'Mezolit' ('Mesolithic') features two vocalists taking my place - my old friend, Lambert Lédeczy from Ahriman, Mörbid Carnage, and Tyrant Goatgaldrakona and Gyula Vasvári from Perihelion delivering the clean vocals. The song itself is set in prehistoric times, we cannot fully comprehend and at least for me it breathes a feeling of timelessness, like existing through aeons."

"The Greek term 'Meta' originally meant 'beyond, over, through', which corresponded to my vision of a journey through different times and life forms. I am fascinated by the idea of a circle of life, of existence in another form after the disintegration of our bodies, how we dissolve into earth, and how something very different is built from our cells that is still derived from the most basic elements of life. Musically speaking, a great number of guest musicians have contributed to 'Meta'. Apart from Gyula and Lambert, Attila Bakos and Ágnes Tóth are each back for one song, and also Zoltán Kónya (Gire). Balázs Tóth from Casketgarden appears on lead guitar in one track and there are some oboe and cello as well. I assume all in all, 'Meta' comes across a tad friendlier than Sgùrr was."

Cover by Agnessa Kessiakova

Tracklist:

01. Uránia
02. Sirály
03. 10^(-20) Ångström
04. Ixión Düün
05. Osszel otthon
06. Malmok járnak
07. Vonatút az éjszakában
08. Mezolit
09. Fehérvasárnap

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Thy Catafalque
Posted: 19.07.2016 by Paz

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 118 users
19.07.2016 - 21:23
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Meow
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
19.07.2016 - 21:37
Paz
elite

Sorry, I couldn't resist
19.07.2016 - 21:57
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Well, nothing remarkable came along as Alföldi Kozmosz did in last record. I caught this track on youtube and it started pretty fine, then it just went into the more folk-y path and started enjoying it more.

I've no idea how "Sgurr" shaped up until i saw they lift the Experimental category with that release.

Now, another release on its' way i hope they surprass successor and get into new direction.
19.07.2016 - 21:59
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Sounds very melodic and quite generic too, as every first single is supposed to. And he said it will be friendlier than Sgurr. Now that's sad news considering how much I enjoy the adventurous brutality of that album. But I still believe he can surprise me.
20.07.2016 - 00:21
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
I was pretty blown away by this song actually. Love the Doomy influence and vocals all around. I loved Sgurr, and can't wait for this one.
20.07.2016 - 00:55
Gothmog_Motsham
My god I still can't get over how awesome Sgùrr was. ME-fucking-OW!
20.07.2016 - 00:56
Gothmog_Motsham
Written by Karlabos on 19.07.2016 at 21:23

Meow

You're goddamn right. MEOW
20.07.2016 - 01:53
Curumir
Sounds already better than the whole of Sgúrr imo.
10^(-20) Ångström is pretty fucking small tho
20.07.2016 - 05:08
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Boring
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
20.07.2016 - 07:32
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Curumir on 20.07.2016 at 01:53

Sounds already better than the whole of Sgúrr imo.

This generic single better than Sgurr? I think you have forgotten all about that album.

Hits total: 2752 | This month: 4