Metal Storm logo
Chelsea Wolfe - Treats Fans With New 'Offering'

Chelsea Wolfe premiered another new track with "Offering", taken from her upcoming album Hiss Spun, which will be released on September 22nd via Sargent House. She has already haunted us with songs such as "16 Psyche" and "Vex" and now we get to enjoy the "Offering" inspired by California's Salton Sea.

Chelsea Wolfe commented in an interview by Cosmopolitan: "'Offering' is written from the perspective of the Salton Sea in southern California. I've always been intrigued by this place. You get out of the car and the smell of the place is almost visceral. It really leaves this kind of physical impression on you but it's still really beautiful. It's this strange resort anomaly to see in the middle of the desert. I wrote this song imagining the Salton Sea as this female character, and writing from her perspective. She's this wonderful resort but she couldn't keep up - the world wanted too much from her and eventually she started to wilt, becoming poisonous and toxic to the point where everyone abandoned her. The Salton Sea sits right on the San Andreas Fault and late last year, there was a swarm of almost 200 earthquakes directly beneath it over a couple days. That's what caught my attention again because I haven't visited there in many years so I wrote the song after that. It's a really strange place. When you walk along the shore, you're basically walking on the skeletons of fish."

Hiss Spun is available for pre-order here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Chelsea Wolfe
Posted: 25.08.2017 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 33 users
26.08.2017 - 13:09
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
This one is less metallic but I still like it No doubt this will be amazing.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
29.08.2017 - 23:48
Ocean Sage
All 3 singles are great. I already pre-order her album on CD and bought a ticket for her Oct. 24th show in Chicago. I'm excited as hell for Hiss Spun!
05.09.2017 - 19:40
mz
Setting myself for a disappointment after 3 singles.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
06.09.2017 - 16:34
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by mz on 05.09.2017 at 19:40

Why?? It's so good though
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
06.09.2017 - 19:27
mz
Written by BloodTears on 06.09.2017 at 16:34

Written by mz on 05.09.2017 at 19:40

Why?? It's so good though

all the singles lack the atmosphere. The first two were too metalic, and this one just does not work. It sounds too, ehm. chaotic ?
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
06.09.2017 - 19:46
Paz
Elite
Yeah, it is her most experimental work to date.

Hits total: 2022 | This month: 8