Metal Storm logo
Khemmis - Debut Animated Video For 'House Of Cadmus'

Denver (CO)-based doom metal bringers Khemmis are ready to release their next studio record, Deceiver, on November 19th via Nuclear Blast. To share a piece of the new music, the band premiere a Costin Chioreanu-created animated video clip for the newest single - "House Of Cadmus".

Vocalist/guitarist Phil Pendergast says of the new song: "House Of Cadmus" represents the lowest emotional point on Deceiver. In it, we explore the seat of our deepest fears, the anchors that we drag behind ourselves for our entire lives. It is also maybe the most important song for me, personally, in our entire catalog. With it, I cut away the chains that have long held me captive and offer an invitation for everyone who hears it to do the same.

"We are all weighed down by some aspect of our lives: addiction, abuse, mental illness, fear, regret, and shame, to name a few. These traumas distort our views of ourselves, of each other, and of the world around us. But these are merely stories we tell ourselves, and no matter how all-encompassing they may feel, these stories cannot define us."

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Khemmis
Posted: 16.10.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 20 users
17.10.2021 - 12:58
Rage10000
I like this new tune. Can't wait for the album.

Hits total: 813 | This month: 6