Metal Storm logo
Rotting Christ - Sakis Tolis Launches Solo Project, Reveals New Song

Rotting Christ's mainman Sakis Tolis has announced the release of his first ever solo album, entitled Among The Fires Of Hell. A date for release has not been revealed yet but it will come out independently through the artist's own label and will be shared free of charge via all music platforms. The title track, featuring guest appearances from Fotis Bernardo on drums and Andrew Liles on narration, is streaming below.

Sakis Tolis commented:
"My dear friends, This is the first song from my upcoming solo album Among the fires of Hell that i would like to share exclusively via my Official Channel. This gonna be a D.I.Y. release with songs that i did write during harrowing 'Lock downs' and i felt like sharing with you these wild times free of charge. Thanks for your attention and hope you will enjoy my new creation."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Rotting Christ
Posted: 25.01.2022 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 186 users
25.01.2022 - 23:34
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Hm.
----
26.01.2022 - 00:50
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
It sounds like... Rotting Christ

I like it
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
26.01.2022 - 03:24
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Lol what is this dull shit?
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
26.01.2022 - 06:48
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
It's alright I guess.
26.01.2022 - 10:48
Callisto

It's a little more death'n'roll than Rotting Christ, kind of an extreme Johnny Cash. But yeah, 80% of this is already in RC.

I like this one but I'm more skeptical as to how it's work on a full record.
26.01.2022 - 11:07
Liafev

Written by Maco on 26.01.2022 at 03:24

Such a kind and respecful way to receive a new project.. must be so tough being an artist in the age of internet ...
26.01.2022 - 13:12
Charlotbk

Ok song, but Sakis over abuse of the words fire & hell in his lyrics!
26.01.2022 - 15:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Maybe he goes solo now and RC splits up? Cool song
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.01.2022 - 20:55
Blindearth

Great music from Sakis once again!
Reminds me of the golden era (imo) of A Dead Poem!
Can't wait for the whole album!
26.01.2022 - 23:25
Netzach
Planewalker
Wasn't Rotting Christ already more or less his solo project for at least the past three albums...
27.01.2022 - 00:42
nikarg

Rotting Christ have been a solo project since after Triarchy Of The Lost Lovers. Which makes me wonder why this release comes out under his name and not RC's. I can only assume that there is something going on with his brother because Fotis Benardo is playing drums here. I have no inside info, I am just assuming but it is common knowledge that there was friction between them during the recordings of The Heretics. Or maybe he has not been able (or bothered) to replace George Emmanuel and Vagelis Karzis who left in 2019. But that wouldn't have been a problem for a studio album, Sakis is used to composing and playing everything but the drums himself.

The song reminisces the era of A Dead Poem and Sleep Of The Angels; he even sings the lyrics "let me sleep the sleep of the angels". It travels back to the years 1997-2000, there is even the intro narration by Andrew Liles of Current 93 (RC covered C93's "Lucifer Over London" on Khronos in 2000). The part after 2:12 is recycled from "Heaven And Hell And Fire" (what did you expect?) but the song overall is good and it has a pretty decent solo (finally).

All that said, a musician of his calibre is putting out music at 'name your price'. That's also worth mentioning.
27.01.2022 - 09:56
Callisto

Written by nikarg on 27.01.2022 at 00:42

Rotting Christ have been a solo project since after Triarchy Of The Lost Lovers. Which makes me wonder why this release comes out under his name and not RC's. I can only assume that there is something going on with his brother because Fotis Benardo is playing drums here.

Can't it just be that he wrote extra material during the lockdown?
I'm no expert in RC, so I don't really know how good or bad their relation is, but Sakis own explanation seems plausible enough.

Anyway, I hope RC keep doing their stuff and if, from time to time we get some extra material from Sakis, all the better.
28.01.2022 - 00:06
nikarg

Written by Callisto on 27.01.2022 at 09:56

Can't it just be that he wrote extra material during the lockdown?

Of course it can and I really hope this is what it is actually. We will find out sooner or later anyway.
31.01.2022 - 18:27
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by Liafev on 26.01.2022 at 11:07

Written by Maco on 26.01.2022 at 03:24

Such a kind and respecful way to receive a new project.. must be so tough being an artist in the age of internet ...

Not all art is created equally, unlike what the media wants you to believe everything is as exciting as an advertisement.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

04.02.2022 - 16:50
Fabiano

I like Rotting Christ a lot, very excited about this new project. The song is pretty simple and straightforward, which I appreciate.
Let's see what will come next
17.02.2022 - 15:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]
17.02.2022 - 16:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Cool song a bit Idle Hands mix whit Tribulation, gothic rock melodies.
----

apos;'
[image]

Hits total: 3106 | This month: 6