Metal Storm logo
Bug in "Fans also like"

‹‹ Back to Bugs
29.12.2022 - 13:07
theFIST
This little bug might occur more frequently, it may just be mostly not noticable on profiles more have added to their favourites.
With Profanity, 3 people have added them as fans so far, meaning the 6 bands with 3 shared fans should be favourites of all Profanity fans, however Agathocles is a band i had no idea existed before having seen that, from this logic, they should have been in my favourites.
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
29.12.2022 - 14:54
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by theFIST on 29.12.2022 at 13:07

This little bug might occur more frequently, it may just be mostly not noticable on profiles more have added to their favourites.
With Profanity, 3 people have added them as fans so far, meaning the 6 bands with 3 shared fans should be favourites of all Profanity fans, however Agathocles is a band i had no idea existed before having seen that, from this logic, they should have been in my favourites.

Good catch. But this is actually not a bug, it's a feature.
The incorrect numbers result from the fact that in some areas of the site, the preferences of certain users are weighted differently. For example, an official contributor's favorite band counts twice. Both bands, Agathocles and Profanity, can be found in ChapuLviz's profile, which explains the discrepancy in this particular case.
----
signatures = SPAM
29.12.2022 - 17:14
theFIST
Should double weighted users count as 2 fans in that case too, to have matching numbers?
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
29.12.2022 - 17:40
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by theFIST on 29.12.2022 at 17:14

Should double weighted users count as 2 fans in that case too, to have matching numbers?

Yes, that's what it should do and that's what it does, but not in an instant. Some of the site's queries only run periodically or are triggered by specific events.
Please check again, Profanity has 4 fans now and I'm pretty sure it's the same bunch of users than before.
----
signatures = SPAM