Yuri Vilar - flute
Bruno Serroni - cello
Joe Zeitlin - cello

Additional info
Drums Recorded at Estúdio Mata, Niterói
Additional Guitar Engineering by Zach Wish

Artwork by Rada Niţă Josan
Design and Layout by Moornebheym

Music by Luiz Felipe Netto, except ‘Terra Dois’ by Luiz Felipe Netto & Igor Meira
Lyrics by Luiz Felipe Netto

Recorded, Produced and Mixed by Luiz Felipe Netto at Recanto do Curió Studios.
Mastered by Tony Lindgren at Fascination Street Studios

Staff review by
musclassia
Rating:
By this point in time, saying that a new progressive death metal band sounds like Opeth has arguably become such a habitual comparison that reviewers have to take conscious effort to avoid doing so reflexively. However, there are some bands out there that genuinely do sound an awful lot like Opeth, and Piah Mater rank highly among them.

Read more ››
published 26.07.2024 | Comments (1)

Found in 15 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 12   Visited by: 194 users
05.07.2024 - 16:49
Rating: 9
Caio
Great stuff! Highly recommended for old Opeth fans
06.07.2024 - 23:22
Grouch Douglas
Enigma
This is great! Very Opeth like, with Enslaved like vocals. Their debut album is name your price on Bandcamp so I recommend people check that one first and if you like it, check out their other two.
08.07.2024 - 14:20
Hrodebert
Written by Caio on 05.07.2024 at 16:49

Great stuff! Highly recommended for old Opeth fans

Agreed!
08.07.2024 - 17:56
Caio
Written by Grouch Douglas on 06.07.2024 at 23:22

This is great! Very Opeth like, with Enslaved like vocals. Their debut album is name your price on Bandcamp so I recommend people check that one first and if you like it, check out their other two.

I went back to the first 2 albums and both are really good! I think this probably will be my AOTY, sounds really fresh. Can`t stop listening.
09.07.2024 - 13:08
Zap
Usually when I see something like "recommended for fans of Opeth" I listen to a few songs and think "pretty good" and forget all about the band. This one is different. I'm not entirely sure what makes the difference. On first impressions, I feel like the influences are more varied than most bands that get the Opeth-like tag. The non-metal sections are also more interesting and don't feel shoehorned in (sometimes it feels like bands are trying to emulate Opeth without really understanding what makes Opeth great).

Nice album, I'll definitely listen to it again.
09.07.2024 - 21:07
Rating: 8
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
There's such a high quality level of musicianship on display here, and some very impressive songwriting with wonderful moments throughout, but it's obviously not the easiest to fully digest in one sitting.
14.07.2024 - 15:55
Hrodebert
This is such a good album! Nothing more to add than Grouch said... it's very old school Opeth like... anyone wishing they could get a new old school Opeth album should really check this out
19.07.2024 - 17:28
pythia
This fills the Oldpeth-shaped void within me.
23.07.2024 - 14:11
Rating: 6
Raddz
Another Opeth clone
26.07.2024 - 14:22
Rating: 7
Liafev
When I checked bits of the album to decide whether I'd give it a spin, it seemed very promising. Unfortunately I've never liked Opeth too much, and this is too Opeth-y for me. It has good moments, but the Opeth type of accoustic passages always gets on my nerves.
28.07.2024 - 06:21
Lulucifer
Great album overall. My favorite was actually the last two tracks with portuguese lyrics, very magestic.
The saxophone, flutes and cellos provide a real mix up to the death metal era Opeth that clearly influences this album.
27.08.2024 - 19:52
Rating: 8
ChrisWinther94
I’ve been so sleeping on this. Heard it a couple of months ago, and totally forgot about it. This album’s great, and yes a must listen for every Opeth fan out there. Really enjoyable listen

Top Releases of 2024

Hits total: 1950 | This month: 54