Metal Storm logo
Sojourner - Ink Contract With Avantgarde Music

Atmospheric black metallers Sojourner are excited to announce their return to the Avantgarde Music label by signing a new contract. With this Italian label, the band had already collaborated on the releases of their first two studio albums, Empires Of Ash and The Shadowed Road.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Sojourner
Posted: 25.07.2024 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 23 users
25.07.2024 - 20:53
Chidder
Is this up-to-date photo? Becouse on the last EP the line-up was a little... bigger.
26.07.2024 - 12:22
Written by Chidder on 25.07.2024 at 20:53

Is this up-to-date photo? Becouse on the last EP the line-up was a little... bigger.

It's not fully up-to-date, but it's up-to-date as of the moment. After Tom joined he did backing vocals on the two EP tracks, but his band Battle Born got a lot bigger and that had to take precedence for him (especially since we had been basically on ice since the EP). Scotty, our live bassist who became the full bassist on the EP, left to pursue his band Goodhuman because it's a lot more in line with his style of music.

We do have some news regarding the bassist position, but it's not something we've 100% confirmed yet so we haven't posted anything
26.07.2024 - 12:33
Chidder
So a lot of things happened since I interviewed Sojourner. I did spoke with Emilio near the premiere of the EP. Something happened and You could not join
26.07.2024 - 14:18
Written by Chidder on 26.07.2024 at 12:33

So a lot of things happened since I interviewed Sojourner. I did spoke with Emilio near the premiere of the EP. Something happened and You could not join

Oh yeah! Sorry for not making it, I would've loved to have been there. But yeah a lot has changed since, we basically went into stasis for the last couple of years, I think we were feeling pretty stuck where we were and with what we were working with. Now that we've left Napalm and rejoined Avantgarde Music, we're in a much better place, and we're excited about the future! Obviously when a band goes on an unofficial hiatus some people will always move on and their lives will change, but the same core of the band writing/recording everything from the beginning is still here so we're looking forward to the next step! Reach out if you ever want a follow-up interview

Hits total: 569 | This month: 12