02. Ophidian Strike
03. L.O.T.P. Vomit Vomit Vomit Bastard
04. Precipice Of Fire
05. Sips Of Sarin
06. Scavengers Of Vengeance
07. Moment Of Mania
08. Bleed On My Teeth

Welcome back!

Adorior are a UK band with the mission statement of representing the “essence and the epitome of Extreme Heavy Metal”. And, with their aggressive mix of blackened speed, thrash, and death metal, I'd say that they've done a damn good job of reaching their goal.

2024's Bleed On My Teeth marks a triumphant return for the band (their first album in 19 years) and also celebrates their 30th anniversary as a band. Characterized by their unapologetically vulgar cover artwork, typically involving lots of genitals and sexually violated religious figures, Satanic symbolism and demonic monstrosities, it's clear that Adorior don't hold back in presenting wickedly offensive visual material. The same can be said of their music, which channels all the angry, rebellious, evil energy of extreme metal's founding fathers. And, let me be clear, all that gory Satan-worshipping imagery could be seen as quite edgy and ridiculous nowadays, but Adorior manage to convincingly pull off this super evil sound through their impressive and genuinely terrifying performance.

Adorior play primarily high-speed metal that is perhaps most similar to the classic styles of Kreator’s Pleasure To Kill and Slayer’s Reign In Blood. Relentless percussion, crazed, shrieking guitar-work, and mean riffs aren't anything new in extreme metal. But Adorior’s execution of these elements is so well done, that lack of originality simply doesn't factor into the equation. It should be noted that Adorior don't solely rely on fast pace; they also know how and when to slow it down and focus on crafting an immersive sound. A great example of both their intense ferocity and terrifying atmosphere is demonstrated on the song “Precipice Of Fire”, which culminates in an eerie combination of shrieking guitars and overlapping vocals.

Speaking of vocals, let's turn to the clear stand-out member of Adorior: their female vocalist and co-founder Melissa Gray, who provides one of the most perfectly wicked voices I've heard in a while. Her rapid delivery of raspy shouts seems to accelerate the already fast pace of the instruments, and her monstrous voice is simply awe-inspiring. At times, I wonder if she's really human, or whether she's already been possessed by an eldritch demon. Despite some Kreator influences, the vocal style also ends up sounding quite unique by adding variety with occasional high-pitched, feminine screams. In the end, the combination of absolutely devilish growls and clean shrieks emphasizes the hellish soundscape of Bleed On My Teeth, invoking the imagery of tortured souls wailing in a pit of fire as wrathful demons cackle and mock the damned.

With the fast riffs of thrash, the nightmarish atmosphere of black metal, the brutality of death metal, and an unforgettable, demonic vocal performance, Bleed On My Teeth offers an unstoppable, addictive assault on the senses that every extreme metal fan needs to experience.

Written on 26.09.2024 by The sign of good music is the ability to both convey and trigger emotion.

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 29 users
28.09.2024 - 09:38
nikarg
Staff
Quote:
tortured souls wailing in a pit of fire as wrathful demons cackle and mock the damned

This is exactly what this album sounds like. Fantastic cover artworks, by the way, the ones you linked, which also applies to Bleed On My Teeth (I love how the cover is the actual image of the title). Musically, when someone asks, "what do you mean with the term 'extreme metal'?", you can play them this album. Super-evil vocals and maniacal riffs, too.
28.09.2024 - 15:25
Cynic Metalhead
Ambrish Saxena
Good review, but it tremendously lacks something if an album is somewhat making return after 19 yrs -- comparisons with initial offerings which I thought will be covered here. For me, it makes a clear distinction of the reviewer how well-versed he is with band and how new album will sound to us taking elements from previous albums.

Nonetheless, putting this in my wishlist as it looks interesting.

Hits total: 498 | This month: 498