Metal Storm logo
Possessed - Update On New Album From Jeff Becerra

Bay Area thrash metal/death metal pioneers Possessed are continuing to support their most recent album Revelations Of Oblivion, which came out more than five years ago, by opening for Testament and Kreator on the 'Klash Of The Titans Tour'. But in a new interview with MetalMasterKingdom.com, vocalist Jeff Becerra confirmed that the band has been hard at work on their next album for a possible 2025 release.

Becerra said: "I have like two songs left [to finish]… It sounds very different, very cool, very heavy. But a lot more tempo switching. And it's cool. Possessed will never sell out. I'd rather die. But it's still very, very heavy. It's probably gonna be one of our darkest albums. And also something that you don't have to grit your teeth to get through the whole thing."

Commenting further on songwriting, he said: "We all write. I think I wrote 63 or 64 percent of the last album, so 50 percent and that extra music. 50 percent would be lyrics, if we're doing it at 100. Even though it's not really broken down that way, it's easier to explain that way. So I'll write riffs, definitely, I'll send them to Dan [guitarist Daniel Gonzalez]. Me and Dan are kind of the main guys, but more and more, on this one you're seeing Claudeous [Creamer, Possessed guitarist] and Robert [Cardenas, Possessed bassist] coming out and showing off the riffs. This [version of] Possessed has been around more than three times as long as the first one, so, yeah, we work well together. And they're not afraid to say, 'Hey, no, this is not good' to me and vice versa. But we're looking for what's good or what is mendable or what is perfect as is. And so I think we're all super picky about what we do."

As for a possible release date, Jeff said: "Well, Possessed is definitely not one of those bands that just puts out album after album. That's why I don't think we're label darlings. But I want to put this one out as soon as possible, definitely within the next year — that's very conservative; should be sooner — and then immediately keep writing the third one 'Cause we have three on this contract [with record label Nuclear Blast], and then we either re-up or whatever. But Nuclear Blast has been really kind and understanding with health and touring. They help with everything. They're really, really gracious."

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Possessed
Posted: 23.10.2024 by Metal God

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 16 users
23.10.2024 - 18:13
sbgmetal
Didn't know Jeff wrote a good amount of the riffs

Hits total: 734 | This month: 734