05. Emerging From Her Weepings
06. Failing Wings
07. Vittra
08. Sunless Dawn
09. Exalted Above Thrones
10. 12th Rising [demo] [2002 Reissue bonus]
11. The Evil That Men Do [Iron Maiden cover] [live] [2002 Reissue bonus]
12. Pleasure To Kill [Kreator cover] [2002 Reissue bonus]

The kings of re-issues are back with another amazing and blasphemous Black Metal assault; yes, Regain Records decided to re-release some of the most outrageous old albums in the Metal scene, we already gave raging reviews for some Marduk and Arch Enemy now it's turn for the almighty Naglfar to show us some gloomy intensity with their debut album "Vittra".

You all know how this sounds like, it's Melodic Black Metal at its sickening best, music that you will be praising if your collection is packed with bands like Dissection or Dimmu Borgir, Black Metal for the delicate but powerful ears. The music here is very raw though, this was the first album the band ever released so the arrangements and the structures are quite unpolished, but they never stop sounding oddly beautiful and heavy, just how "The Somberlain" sounds?really great.

People could hate this band and talk dirt about this album while spitting their own knees, they just don't understand that this is a Re-release, an album that's meant for true fanatics only or for people who didn't have the chance to buy the original pressing, no one is attempting to increase their fan base with this, they are just offering extras and goodies for the followers, and that's exactly what this CD does, the bonus material is actually quite rare and impressive, so the right people will appreciate everything inside this record that's for sure.

If you saw "Vittra Re-Release" and got excited about it, this album is just for you?Enough said!

Written by Herzebeth | 08.12.2007

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 135 users
08.12.2007 - 23:14
Ask

Nice review. This is the only Naglfar full-length I don't have. I guess I'll have to get it now. Rating?
26.03.2008 - 08:18
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
great band, just the perfect kind of melodic black metal that i like. I think Naglfar only loses musically to Anorexia Nervosa in this style. This album is very good, best tracks to me are ''Emerging From Her Weepings'' and ''Enslave The Astral Fortress''.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
30.06.2008 - 02:33
Rating: 10
selken
Irreligious
I love this album, dark, melodic, beautiful melodies combined with the nature of black metal.

totally a masterpiece
----
20.12.2018 - 22:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Nice revive man and after BM awesomenes, specially this band, I dont understand people who likes extreme metal, are fallen for grind or DM, I think BM must be labeled as BM and separate from extreme metal family. I am blown away by this album, I have not hear anything so good for ages, and never will from new bands, ... sad but true
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.01.2024 - 11:20
necro_lord

I have the genuine from 1995. I will enjoy for sure.
----
old metalhead

Hits total: 7748 | This month: 18