Metal Storm logo
Winds

23.05.2006 - 20:31
Dam3k
Well as far as I know Winds is a symphonic progressive//alternative band from Norway, they have a very personal style and a weird atmosphere, what do u think about this band?? I'me very interested in it but I cannot reach any kind of stuff by them, it's a shame!!
----

24.05.2006 - 01:04
Kami-Sama
Account deleted
I have two of their albums, but i wonder what they're doing here in "alternative metal", they're just a no-classical progressive metal. But their music is exelent, the use of violins and other classical intruments is very achieved. Not only that, but the lyrics are exelent also.
But the main characteristic of this band is that all of their members belong to the black metal scene, you have hellhammer in the drums for example, and other members from khold, Arcturus and other BM bands.
Fans of progressive and just quality metal should give it a try.
24.05.2006 - 06:39
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I agree with Kami-Sama, this should be in the Melodic Forum. Anyway, on to the band. I can say that I am a fan. I own their first album 'Reflections of the I' which also came with their EP 'Of Entity and Mind'. Their music is indeed very good. Nothing that amazing but indeed a talented band. Mixing two of my favorite styles of music, Metal and Classical, I greatly enjoy the combination. Try the links below for two songs.

http://www.winds.ws/sounds/Winds_ReflectionsOfTheI_ReasonsDesire.mp3
http://www.winds.ws/sounds/Winds_TheImaginaryDirectionOfTime_FireworksofGenesis.mp3
----
The force will be with you, always.
31.05.2006 - 18:47
Dam3k
Ye ye I've listened that already =)), but I want more stuff and I cannot reach, anyway why don't u considere them alternative?? We all know that alternative is similar to progressive and people is used to confuse that genres, so I think this band fits better on alternative than in progressive
----

01.06.2006 - 02:29
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Alternative is not really a genre. If you look on the Alternative Forum you will see a lot of different bands that don't even have similar sound or qualities in their instrumentation. I say Winds is a belongs more in the Melodic Forum because that is just what the music is. It has both Classical and Progressive tendencies in the music, both instrumentation and song writing. Understand? The only way you are going to find more music is if you download or buy.
----
The force will be with you, always.
01.06.2006 - 21:14
Dam3k
Ye, but not so many people has stuff from this band and there's not an underground metal shop here in my city where I could buy a Winds cd.... =) I mean here I can get whatever from rock to metal but not the alternative, progressive metal stuff I'll try to solve it DDD
----

02.06.2006 - 07:51
Proud Autumn
Account deleted
I've just listened to Reflections of the I, actually... It's a masterpiece, that album. It's the only one I've heard from them so far but I find it quite enjoyable, somehow similar to Haggard. They come up with some pretty interesting arrangements, and change pace quite a lot. Anything but boring!
03.06.2006 - 07:02
Icewings
La Luna
Well I only can call it one thing ... A MASTERPIECE ..since the first time I heard about them , I must tell you I was surprised and I just love the way they use the violins and all the instruments ..ahhh so beautiful and all the changes tehy do ..it just a great band and well I hope to see them one day live ....
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
07.08.2006 - 01:34
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
These guys are absolutely amazing and talented. Jan Axel van Blomberg is absolutely amazing on the drums.And the lyrics of this band are too die for.And these guys are definitely neoclassical progressive metal,not alternative at all,not quite sure who started calling them that.Lars Eric Si is also a very enchanting vocalist.This band however is not for everyone,its very complicated stuff.I highly recommend them though!
27.08.2006 - 13:26
Dam3k
woho cool critics indeed!! everyone seems to like them
----

27.08.2006 - 16:24
Windshear
Account deleted
Yeah, Winds is awesome. All the musicians are top notch. Lars is a completly unique vocalist. It's kinda a weird band to find Hellhammer though.
21.09.2006 - 00:16
Dam3k
Nah... Hellhammer does an awesome performance as always I think ^^
----

22.09.2006 - 12:22
Eternal Flames
This band is simply brilliant. A friend sent me some of their songs about a year ago and ever since I have absolutely loved them. I only have Reflections Of The I and it's amazing. The use of strings and piano really attracted me to the music. They're all great musicians. They aren't a band everyone could listen to, but I would certainly recommend anyone give it a listen.
18.10.2006 - 11:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dam3k on 21.09.2006 at 00:16

jajaja I agree man he do it always

About band I know only first EP ''Of Entity and Mind'' and I like its ist great and amazing, lil Norvegian verse about Yngwee
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.10.2006 - 16:09
Dam3k
Written by Bad English on 18.10.2006 at 11:11

Written by Dam3k on 21.09.2006 at 00:16

jajaja I agree man he do it always

About band I know only first EP ''Of Entity and Mind'' and I like its ist great and amazing, lil Norvegian verse about Yngwee

And what do u think I know about the band? I just have several songs and I've listen some stuff in my space, but here I cannot buy the cd :S
----

18.10.2006 - 19:49
Renessanss
Grand Gardener
Just lately found this band... only heard samples so far but these sampels are indeed good... One thing that slightly bothers me are the quite avarage vocals... Although everything else seems to be way above the avarage, if not perfect. I'll be certainly waiting to hear more from them... I even concidered buying an album.
----
19.10.2006 - 00:00
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I am also a fan of this band...I have their Imaginary Direction Of Time album...wow...what an album..that's all I can say...there are so many different parts to their songs and I really love the use of violen...metal guitar riffage and violen/flute always works well!
13.09.2009 - 01:54
RyanH
Winds! Ya, very deep band

Reflections Of The I

Within is the path to find my way
I search the inner depths of my soul
Yet how I would find my serenity
I never could foresee...
13.09.2009 - 10:14
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I own "Reflections Of The I" physical copy and it is quite nice music