Metal Storm logo
The Strangest Thing That Has Happened To You At A Show

14.12.2009 - 21:59
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I haven't had any myself, but I'm interested. So has anything unexpected, strange, weird or flat out ridiculous ever happen to anyone while seeing a band? Something you never thought would happen EVER...?
15.12.2009 - 02:34
DoomGuard
I got called a faggot by Rob Dukes in between songs, just because I knew the words to the songs they have played so far haha, It's not THAT weird...but i never expected to get called a faggot by the lead singer of Exodus...
15.12.2009 - 03:57
Sonic MrSumo
The strangest thing I ever saw at a concert was at Converge a few years ago, and this young teenage girl was wearing a crash helmet in the mosh...hilarious!
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
15.12.2009 - 05:59
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I saw a guy in a wheelchair crowd surf during Nile.
15.12.2009 - 06:39
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Dangerboner on 15.12.2009 at 05:59

IDK if this is the Nile concert, but this pic is really cool. That is what friends do for you:MAke you croud surf in a Wheelchair so you can actually see the pband playing.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
15.12.2009 - 07:03
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yeah I've heard about it happening before, but never thought I'd actually see it until I did The guy in the pic looks pretty similar to the guy at the show I was at, but it was probably two different people.
15.12.2009 - 12:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Hm.... i don't really know, probably people telling me off because of me wearing earplugs, like a drunk guy shouting at me in German "it has to be loud, loud and FILTHY!!!"

if we're talking about the strangest thing that has happened to you at a festival, then i have a whole list here are the "highlights":
-once i returned to my tent, i had as a landmark a huge tent nearby, so i return to it and see it's all packed up and nothing is in it. i got really angry and asked some guys who were standing around what the fuck just happened there and they had no idea what had happened. so i start looking around for my stuff, and of course then i go a little farther and see my tent, all safe and sound, i go back to those guys and say it wasn't my tent, they burst in laughter hahah.

-i was hunting for beer glasses which can be recycled for 1 euro each, and i see one on the ground. i pick it up and 2 girls nearby simply assault me trying to take it. the situation was so strange and unexpected i didn't really know how to react so i just kept it away from them while they were trying to reach it, then after about 1-2 minutes of "fighting" over the glass i get this incredibly bad tearing sensation in one of my eyes, i sometimes get that but i have absolutely no idea why.

so i just push them aside and find somewhere to sit down until the tearing passed off. they go away and about 10 minutes later, they were sitting at a table in the beer garden and i see another beer glass on the ground nearby, but then they shout at me telling me it's theirs and whatnot. so i give it to them, but then one of them goes something like (they were German so i don't know how exactly she worded it, i only clearly understood the last part, "hier, wir schenken dir!", translation in the next line ) "ah, okay, thanks for the glass. but then again, do you want it?? do you really really want it?? here, it's our present for you!" i was something like oO and after about 10 seconds trying(and failing) to find some logic in what she did in the past 10 minutes, i take the glass. never saw those girls again
20.12.2009 - 12:26
Hylia
At Alestorm and Primordial an old lady, maybe late fifties takes off her top and starts swinging it around and cheering for the bands, then she tries to get close to all the guys in the audience. It was so hard to hold in my laughter.
08.01.2010 - 06:25
FoxZdemoN

I think I saw a pic of this somewhere! A different one than the post up there. This one was an inside concert.
----

You can listen to my show "Diabolus Templum" on Thursdays 4pm till 7pm EST. on~
http://www.brutalexistenceradio.com/
08.01.2010 - 17:18
MetallicA
Written by FoxZdemoN on 08.01.2010 at 06:25

I think I saw a pic of this somewhere! A different one than the post up there. This one was an inside concert.

Yeah I've seen pics of this happening too...pretty cool haha

and speaking of wheelchairs, my boyfriend broke his leg in May 09 and in July of 09, we went to an outdoor show (Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth all played along with some other shitty bands) Since his leg wasn't healed yet, he was in a wheelchair. I went to find one of my friends and left my boyfriend on the lawn (he was talking to some people) and I found who I was looking for AND I found George Fisher! I asked him if he would go to the lawn and say hi to my b/f who's stuck in a wheelchair. He did and that made my boyfriend's summer

It's not exactly something strange but it's not a common situation either
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
08.01.2010 - 18:24
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by MetallicA on 08.01.2010 at 17:18

I asked him if he would go to the lawn and say hi to my b/f who's stuck in a wheelchair. He did and that made my boyfriend's summer

That was extremely nice of you, if I ever have a girlfriend who do the same to me... I will ask her to marry me after that
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass

Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.

08.01.2010 - 21:39
MetallicA
Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.01.2010 at 18:24

I asked him if he would go to the lawn and say hi to my b/f who's stuck in a wheelchair. He did and that made my boyfriend's summer

That was extremely nice of you, if I ever have a girlfriend who do the same to me... I will ask her to marry me after that

Nice! yeah I thought it wasn't fair I get to meet him and that my b/f can't just because he can't walk. He can now though.
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
08.01.2010 - 22:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.01.2010 at 18:24

lol i'm presuming you're thinking about the real mr. Doctor or Mikael Akerfeldt or something, not George Fisher.. anyway that guy is fucking funny, must be a blast to hang out with him even for a short chat.
08.01.2010 - 22:57
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 08.01.2010 at 22:42

lol i'm presuming you're thinking about the real mr. Doctor or Mikael Akerfeldt or something, not George Fisher.. anyway that guy is fucking funny, must be a blast to hang out with him even for a short chat.

Hahhaha yeah, I'm just thinking of whatever musician I admire or something
----

Rod, let me love you.

09.01.2010 - 05:20
MetallicA
Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.01.2010 at 22:57

Written by Valentin B on 08.01.2010 at 22:42

Hahhaha yeah, I'm just thinking of whatever musician I admire or something

ofcourse!

Yeah my boyfriend loves Cannibal Corpse so it was perfect timing
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
14.01.2010 - 18:35
flickaa
Written by Irritable Ted on 14.01.2010 at 16:26

It did not happen to me directly, but a woman in front of me at a Def Leppard concert set her hair on fire and did not notice until it was well ablaze, the smell was really bad.

GROSS!!!!!!
14.01.2010 - 19:47
SerratedSyringe
I was at a Behemoth show last weekend, and the band before them started a wall of death. I was at the very front of the wall. Directly opposite of me was a girl who was apparently pregnant, and had her shirt rolled up to show off her would be baby. As we were standing there, she looks directly at me and gives me the 'bring it on' hand motion. I ran into her, but not as hard as I would have normally.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
14.01.2010 - 22:29
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by SerratedSyringe on 14.01.2010 at 19:47

I was at a Behemoth show last weekend, and the band before them started a wall of death. I was at the very front of the wall. Directly opposite of me was a girl who was apparently pregnant, and had her shirt rolled up to show off her would be baby. As we were standing there, she looks directly at me and gives me the 'bring it on' hand motion. I ran into her, but not as hard as I would have normally.

She was probably only there to get a cheap abortion. Way to go for ruining that for her, pal.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.01.2010 - 23:05
SerratedSyringe
Written by Lucas on 14.01.2010 at 22:29

She was probably only there to get a cheap abortion. Way to go for ruining that for her, pal.

Yeah, I try.
----
15.01.2010 - 03:09
Mmmmmmmmm a cute goth girl flrting at me
----
i'm going to wacken 2011, if someone wants to join me please contact me. also looking for a german pal (english or spanish spoken) who let me stay with him/her at his/her place for a month.
PLEASE HELP A METAL BROTHER IN NEED
15.01.2010 - 05:11
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by WeinerShrinkerMX on 15.01.2010 at 03:09

Mmmmmmmmm a cute goth girl flrting at me

Only once? You gotta up yer game, Player.
----
Coldgrits
16.01.2010 - 12:25
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Irritable Ted on 14.01.2010 at 16:26

It did not happen to me directly, but a woman in front of me at a Def Leppard concert set her hair on fire and did not notice until it was well ablaze, the smell was really bad.

That's hilarious ahah
----

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
19.01.2010 - 17:41
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff

Holy shit, that was brutal... I would like to think that she was just fat but you can make the difference between fat and pregnant.
----

Rod, let me love you.

19.01.2010 - 19:02
SerratedSyringe
Written by X-Ray Rod on 19.01.2010 at 17:41

Holy shit, that was brutal... I would like to think that she was just fat but you can make the difference between fat and pregnant.

She might have been; it was hard to tell. I like to think she was pregnant though, it makes for a better story.
----
19.01.2010 - 23:47
Winterthrone
That's not so strange, but really stupid: At Ozzy Osbourne's concert in Quebec city in 2003, that guy just in front of me and my girlfriend was very drunk and annoying like 1 hour before the first act of the night was on the stage. He continued drinking heavily and then he collapsed like 20 minutes before the show started and was taken out on a stretcher totally unconscious... FAIL! 65$ for nothing: remember to start drinking heavily after the show is started not before!

At Satyricon's concert in Montreal this Fall, there was this little group of ugly Emo teenagers near me in the front row (one of them was really fat and had the most hilarious Emo haircut you can imagine) that ruined the whole performance of Chthonic by heckling, laughing at the people who were liking that band and turning themselves towards the crowd instead of looking at the band. At one point one of them pushed the fat kid and he trampled my girlfriend's foot. He did'nt apologize until I started punching his shoulder and saying he'd better stop that or I would kick is ass. He then almost started crying and started saying it was not his fault.

What are these pussies doing in a Black Metal concert? If you don't like the band that's playing at the moment go grab a beer or look at the merchandise instead of disturbing the people in the front row or you'll get your ass kicked!
20.01.2010 - 00:02
MetallicA
This isn't exactly strange either but it's certainly not common at most metal shows: I saw Korpiklaani last night and there was an 'epic folk metal pit' what I mean is that in the moshpit, people were dancing It was awesome! There were still plenty of people moshing while this was going on and at one point about 5 dudes fell over because of it hahaha fun times!
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
20.01.2010 - 00:30
SerratedSyringe
Written by MetallicA on 20.01.2010 at 00:02

This isn't exactly strange either but it's certainly not common at most metal shows: I saw Korpiklaani last night and there was an 'epic folk metal pit' what I mean is that in the moshpit, people were dancing It was awesome! There were still plenty of people moshing while this was going on and at one point about 5 dudes fell over because of it hahaha fun times!

Hahaha I was at the Korpiklaani show on Sunday, everyone grabbed the shoulder of the person next to them and started swaying back and forth. Also, there was a guy in a bear suit that went stage diving. Fun stuff.
----
20.01.2010 - 00:33
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Winterthrone on 19.01.2010 at 23:47

That's not so strange, but really stupid: At Ozzy Osbourne's concert in Quebec city in 2003, that guy just in front of me and my girlfriend was very drunk and annoying like 1 hour before the first act of the night was on the stage. He continued drinking heavily and then he collapsed like 20 minutes before the show started and was taken out on a stretcher totally unconscious... FAIL! 65$ for nothing: remember to start drinking heavily after the show is started not before!

The guy was simply being economic. Usually it's cheaper to get drunk BEFORE the concert because the prices of beer, for example, in and out of the venue differ a lot. I guess he was way too excited.
20.01.2010 - 00:35
MetallicA
Written by SerratedSyringe on 20.01.2010 at 00:30

Written by MetallicA on 20.01.2010 at 00:02

Hahaha I was at the Korpiklaani show on Sunday, everyone grabbed the shoulder of the person next to them and started swaying back and forth. Also, there was a guy in a bear suit that went stage diving. Fun stuff.

hilarious! yeah we all were swaying like that too I also got drenched in the lead singer's beer lol (good thing I didn't get pulled over)

I know I just saw them but damn, they need to come back!
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
20.01.2010 - 00:46
MetallicA
Written by Ragana on 20.01.2010 at 00:33

Written by Winterthrone on 19.01.2010 at 23:47

The guy was simply being economic. Usually it's cheaper to get drunk BEFORE the concert because the prices of beer, for example, in and out of the venue differ a lot. I guess he was way too excited.

I got wasted at a Megadeth show 2 years ago and I'm still pissed at myself because I don't remember a damn song they played.
(no, I didn't get drunk beforehand, I actually spent alot on booze just to not remember anything) Either way, it sucks when you don't remember the show especially if it's a great band. I think we both were wayyy to excited! I know I was excited cause it was the first show I went to after I turned 21 (legal drinking age for the US). Let's just say, I haven't done that since then
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.