Metal Storm logo
Egyptian Metalstormers

12.07.2010 - 23:55
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
So, the thread that would probably be buried at the bottom of the forum considering the sheer amount of Egyptian Metalstormers
what's next? Antarctic Metalstormers thread ?
there goes nothing...
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
13.07.2010 - 15:08
Kennoth
Egyptian metalstormers unite!
----
*insert something deep and profound*
14.07.2010 - 01:21
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
I'd better go post on Italian Metalstormers... i doubt there are egyptians who use the site anyways (except for Roro)
----

14.07.2010 - 01:26
Kennoth
If it makes you any better, my native thread is as empty as they come

But I can play Egyptian if you like
----
14.07.2010 - 01:30
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
LOL ... remind me to buy you a cookie, you're okay

i'll go post on the italian metalstormers thread (my second nationality) even though its as empty as this one ... apparently 'just elio' is the only active italian on the forum !
----

14.07.2010 - 01:30
Kennoth
Buy me a beer instead, or chocolate corn flakes
----
14.07.2010 - 01:40
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Next time you're in Egypt i'm buying you a 'Luxor Weizen' and 'choco pops'
----

16.07.2010 - 04:53
Kennoth
Haha, I don't know what those are, but sure thing
----
28.08.2010 - 19:07
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Lonely, i am so lonly, i have nobody, i'm on my owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnn ... LOL .. goddamn i hate that song

so, still no Egyptians ? ...
----

28.08.2010 - 19:14
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
As many Egyptians here as Austrians
28.08.2010 - 19:20
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Well, Supposedly there are 86 Egyptian Metalstormers on the site ... i think the memberslist needs a massive clean-up of all the inactive accounts
----

28.08.2010 - 23:45
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Zombie on 28.08.2010 at 19:20

Well, Supposedly there are 86 Egyptian Metalstormers on the site ... i think the memberslist needs a massive clean-up of all the inactive accounts

Well, there are also 85 Austrians here
29.08.2010 - 00:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Zombie on 14.07.2010 at 01:21

(except for Roro)

Do you know her personaly?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.08.2010 - 04:49
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Yeah, the metal scene here is pretty small so almost every metalhead knows eachothers
----

30.08.2010 - 04:00
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Zombie on 29.08.2010 at 04:49

Yeah, the metal scene here is pretty small so almost every metalhead knows eachothers

Hehehehe
this rings some massive bells
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
01.09.2010 - 16:31
Wishmaster
Account deleted
ME! ME! Egyptian metalstormers unite!
04.09.2010 - 20:59
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by [user id=108163] on 01.09.2010 at 16:31

hehe, welcome aboard .. although the i cannot say thet the "everyone knows the other" rule applies on you as i dont know you personally (probably coz the last decent metal concert took place in Egypt was about 4 years wgo when u were 12 years old .. so, i doubt i ever saw ya)

so, what got you into metal ? .. and what concerts do you go to ? (alexandria bibliotheca or sakia ?)
----

04.09.2010 - 21:24
Ernis
狼獾
Quick question... does anyone here dig Egyptian/Coptic language?
04.09.2010 - 21:58
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Only orthodox christians speak coptic language as when egypt was occupied by the romans, they persectuted early orthodox christians and they all fled to the south and setteled their preserving the old coptic egyptian language.. while the north was invaded by romans, greeks, persians, arabs, french, turks, and the english .. and that created a weird blend of deformed version of the arabic language that we -egyptians- speak nowadays lol ... so, the old coptic language now is only spoken in the south by christian orthodox. i wish to learn it though but no one would teach me.. even though the language has nothing to do with christianity (its the ancient egyptian language basically) but since only christians only speak it now they do not want to share it with anybody else and use it to write their religious documents n stuff, which is very unfair in my opinion .. i mean, they dont even share their knowledge of the coptic language it with catholic christians and other christian sects.

anyways egypt is a fucked up religious country, both muslims and christians in it are absolutely extremists and prejudice. we need democary so badly (real democracy, not the USA's "demockery")
----

05.09.2010 - 14:52
Wishmaster
Account deleted
Written by Zombie on 04.09.2010 at 20:59

Written by [user id=108163] on 01.09.2010 at 16:31

hehe, welcome aboard .. although the i cannot say thet the "everyone knows the other" rule applies on you as i dont know you personally (probably coz the last decent metal concert took place in Egypt was about 4 years wgo when u were 12 years old .. so, i doubt i ever saw ya)

so, what got you into metal ? .. and what concerts do you go to ? (alexandria bibliotheca or sakia ?)

Children Of Bodom & Nightwish got me into metal. Neither, no concerts yet, I feel ashamed. lol
Metallica was like the first metal band I knew, but I always ignored them. Same with Iron Maiden, Megadeth, and a couple of others. Shame on me! haha
KISS, Def Leppard & Motley Crue were also there to get me into metal.
05.09.2010 - 17:23
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by [user id=108163] on 05.09.2010 at 14:52

Children Of Bodom & Nightwish got me into metal. Neither, no concerts yet, I feel ashamed. lol
Metallica was like the first metal band I knew, but I always ignored them. Same with Iron Maiden, Megadeth, and a couple of others. Shame on me! haha
KISS, Def Leppard & Motley Crue were also there to get me into metal.

Good Choices, i -used- to like Bodom but they're not my thing anymore ... never listened to Nightwish though, as i generally dislike clean female vocals so never gave'em a try ...

anyways you didnt miss out on much, the metal scene in Egypt has always been super-crappy .. all local bands and they play covers with a few exceptions, maybe two or three bands max. who started writing their own material .. we had one good gig and that was it, when Nervecell played in Cairo, if was probably the best concert Egypt ever saw (and the only one really to be called a concert) .. afterthat it just went straight downhill until they stopped doign metal gigs completely.. now every now and then there's a rock concert or a guitar contest in Alexandrina Biblioteca or in Sakia in Cairo. oh, and "Pain of Salvation" played in Cairo too a few years back, but it was an overall lame concert... ... RIP Egyptian metal scene !!
----

05.09.2010 - 20:25
Wishmaster
Account deleted
Quote:
Good Choices, i -used- to like Bodom but they're not my thing anymore ... never listened to Nightwish though, as i generally dislike clean female vocals so never gave'em a try ...

anyways you didnt miss out on much, the metal scene in Egypt has always been super-crappy .. all local bands and they play covers with a few exceptions, maybe two or three bands max. who started writing their own material .. we had one good gig and that was it, when Nervecell played in Cairo, if was probably the best concert Egypt ever saw (and the only one really to be called a concert) .. afterthat it just went straight downhill until they stopped doign metal gigs completely.. now every now and then there's a rock concert or a guitar contest in Alexandrina Biblioteca or in Sakia in Cairo. oh, and "Pain of Salvation" played in Cairo too a few years back, but it was an overall lame concert... ... RIP Egyptian metal scene !!

Nightwish and Bodom aren't good anymore.
Nervecell played in Cairo? If I knew, I would've went to see them, though I don't live in Cairo, I would still go, try to at least. Pain Of Salvation? meh, maybe.
How about Scarab?
I wish good bands would come and play in Egypt! But they never do. Only Beyonce, Akon, and crappy artists come.

Btw, do you listen to the mainstream artists we have? You know, like Tamer Hosny, Amr Diab, etc. (No offense!, you probably don't haha)
Everyone, most Egyptians to be specific, listen to them, but I can't tolerate them. I won't give up to peer pressure!
05.09.2010 - 21:27
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
I attended many Scarab shows, but last time they told us -fans- to fuck off and that they're not going to play for us again ... real mature !!
Bilocate played a show in Egypt, Greiving Age too ... they were good.

so, NO i do not listen to mainstream arabic pop ... i'm into metal since i was 8 or 9 years old.. so i never really got to be a 'regular' egyptian and always secluded myself from people who like this stuff as i couldnt tolerate peer pressure too.

so, what city are you from ?
----

06.09.2010 - 03:22
advent
Quote:
Written by [user id=108163] on 05.09.2010 at 20:25

Nightwish and Bodom aren't good anymore.
Nervecell played in Cairo? If I knew, I would've went to see them, though I don't live in Cairo, I would still go, try to at least. Pain Of Salvation? meh, maybe.
How about Scarab?
I wish good bands would come and play in Egypt! But they never do. Only Beyonce, Akon, and crappy artists come.

Btw, do you listen to the mainstream artists we have? You know, like Tamer Hosny, Amr Diab, etc. (No offense!, you probably don't haha)
Everyone, most Egyptians to be specific, listen to them, but I can't tolerate them. I won't give up to peer pressure!

loooool . i can't believe that Tamer Hosni's name will be mentioned one day in metalstorm , that is a disgrace

Anyway agreed about crappy artist that sings always in-front the pyramids(i dont know why there is no other place to sing in ) , but i think Opeth deserves that honor
06.09.2010 - 04:21
Wishmaster
Account deleted
Quote:
Loooool . i can't believe that Tamer Hosni's name will be mentioned one day in metalstorm , that is a disgrace

Anyway agreed about crappy artist that sings always in-front the pyramids(i dont know why there is no other place to sing in ) , but i think Opeth deserves that honor

Yes! All my friends who are girls love him, I don't know why? I don't like him at all! In fact, I hate him, his voice is mediocre at best! Opeth obviously deserves it. haha
It obviously is a disgrace to mention him haha, sorry for mentioning him lol.
Tamer Hosny is the Justin Bieber of Egypt.
06.09.2010 - 04:50
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Eh dah, another Egyptian.. ya hala !!
----

06.09.2010 - 15:44
Wishmaster
Account deleted
Scarab said that!? Holy crap! They don't deserve their fans, but maybe they are just kidding?
Bilocate is not bad at all. Grieving Age, too. Good bands, but sadly not that popular.

I am from Alexandria, and proud of it!
06.09.2010 - 18:00
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by [user id=108163] on 06.09.2010 at 15:44

Scarab said that!? Holy crap! They don't deserve their fans, but maybe they are just kidding?
Bilocate is not bad at all. Grieving Age, too. Good bands, but sadly not that popular.

I am from Alexandria, and proud of it!

well, they didn't litteraly say "fuck off", but marzeban their guitarist came up on stage and said: you guys have to grow up and stop acting irreponsibily, and that they're never playing gain for the 'dirty' (bel 3arabeyya el fos7a ) egyptian scene, and eno kol mabey7awel yenaddafna befendal wes7'een lol

he said that in the alexandria biblioteca this february or march.. 7aga keda... and they didnt play the show.
----

06.09.2010 - 21:14
Wishmaster
Account deleted
Quote:
Well, they didn't litteraly say "fuck off", but marzeban their guitarist came up on stage and said: you guys have to grow up and stop acting irreponsibily, and that they're never playing gain for the 'dirty' (bel 3arabeyya el fos7a ) egyptian scene, and eno kol mabey7awel yenaddafna befendal wes7'een lol

he said that in the alexandria biblioteca this february or march.. 7aga keda... and they didnt play the show.

Lol, Da bege7 baga7a and alil el adab. What did the crowd do to make him so pissed? What did the crowd do after he said that?
07.09.2010 - 03:40
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Well, its a little bit complicated ... the concert ws supposed to be "crescent, scarab, dark philosophy, ethereal credence, and some other band i dunno" .. anyways, crescent played, ethereal played, and then while dark philosophy while playing they shut down the lights, and the sound went off.. and we were being kicked out of the biblioteca ... then, after we refused to leave, the concert organizer asked us to leave ... and marzeban did his infamous speech of how much we sucked as a crowd .. and later after we were thrown out.. rumours circulate that it was the way we dressed that the biblioteca managament didn't like.. and others say that there were some emo kids doing drugs and cutting themselves infront of the entrance... and others said that some drunk guy hit a security guard.
anyways, whatever the reason was, we -as a crowd- did not participate in it.. and it would be one person's fault tht this gig got canceled ... so, i understand that marzeban was pissed coz they didnt get to play.. but fuck it.. he should have some respect. anyways, i went back to cairo dissapointed, after a three hour drive to only see two (and a half) bands and not see scarab who i drove all the way to see them in the first place... so it was a pretty much sucky day .. the only good thing about it is tht after the show we went and had 'kebda eskandarany' (liver) and each payed about 10 LE only lol.. Alex. isn't as expensive as cairo .. u guys rock !
----