Metal Storm logo
The Beatles

18.05.2006 - 04:32
rebel4life
Account deleted
Anyone listens to the creators of rock or anything that has to do with it
i admit i dont own their complete discography but they composed so many great songs its sick
here are my favorites:
hey jude
all my loving
i wanna hold your hand
let it be
yesturday
come together
18.05.2006 - 13:43
Eight
Shapeshifter
A great band, still my dad loves it much more than me (wonder why lol).
Heres a little jokebout them, if your parents love Beatles,and if you want todie slowly and in hellova pain, tell that joke to them.
Here goes:
Young boy comes home from school, and asks his dad:
-Pa! I love Beatles, but what will reunite them ?
-Only three bullets my son....only three bullets...

Painful memories comes up.
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
18.05.2006 - 13:54
__Az__
Ahhh The Beatles... So many classic tracks... Nobody can deny that The Beatles are among one of the most succesful bands in the wolrd ever.. For me, my favourite track is 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps'
19.05.2006 - 21:58
Milan
Account deleted
They are good, but for today's standards they are shit. But then they were very ahead of their time.
20.05.2006 - 07:56
Herzebeth
Well they are my personal favorite band...as simple as this "without the beatles music wouldn't be what it is today" I love everything they made, I also love the work Lennon did as a solo project

I think we all owe respect to them..as they created the music we all love...well, maybe they didn't create rock because it was created by dudes like chuck berry and others...but The Beatles re-invented the genre and experimented enough to create the experimental genre and the Alt. Rock genre...they are truly gods of music...were? are? whatever
----
20.05.2006 - 08:21
Icewings
La Luna
Of course one of the most influential bands ...I still love them even that I have listen to them for so long since I was little ..and well after all I am marked by them , because my parents really love them so they named me Michelle after that song michelle my belle ....

I really like their melancholic songs... and just love the way they do their music ...one of the greatest bands that will never be forgoten ..Great Thread
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
20.05.2006 - 17:13
Darken
Account deleted
They are one of my favourites. They've got unique sound and their songs are just beautiful.Especially Yesterday,Let it be,Imagine and for me Power to the People is the most rebellious song they've ever sung.
20.05.2006 - 22:27
__Az__
Written by Herzebeth on 20.05.2006 at 07:56

Well they are my personal favorite band...as simple as this "without the beatles music wouldn't be what it is today" I love everything they made, I also love the work Lennon did as a solo project

I think we all owe respect to them..as they created the music we all love...well, maybe they didn't create rock because it was created by dudes like chuck berry and others...but The Beatles re-invented the genre and experimented enough to create the experimental genre and the Alt. Rock genre...they are truly gods of music...were? are? whatever

Lennon's - Imagine is an amazing track...
21.05.2006 - 01:14
Horlequism
Account deleted
The Beatles are such a legendary rock band...without them so many bands wouldn't exist...they made rock poppy, commercial and assesible to the masses and really popularized it...I only have one of their albums though...the White Album although yes, like the rest, I've heard all their songs because of how much their music is played...
29.05.2006 - 15:32
TheKreator
Account deleted
it was inevitable to see a thread on this theme The Beatles are kings of rock music....great band...i owon only a best of....but i'm looking forward to buying the discography
11.09.2006 - 19:43
matthioso
I don't like their music, still I've got lots of respect for them, because thanks to them we can hear the music we're listening to
----
www.seedofrock.be
11.09.2006 - 21:55
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
"Abbey Road" is a perfect album, absolutely falwless, beautiful and well, I would dare to say the best album ever made (which doesn't mean that is my favourite)... just listen to the song "Something"... otherwordly.
12.09.2006 - 06:14
thefadedline
I am the only person amongst my friends who (openly) likes The Beatles. I have a feeling some of them do but they won't dare say.

They were brilliant musicians. I wasn't even alive at that time but I am glad it fell apart when it did because they went out at the perfect time. They have influenced so many people, it's become silly.

Has anyone heard 'Helter Skelter' by these guys? Some early heavy metal for you right there. Go download it right now!
----
Relax and let the seat take the battery
12.09.2006 - 06:17
thefadedline
Written by [user id=7484] on 19.05.2006 at 21:58

They are good, but for today's standards they are shit. But then they were very ahead of their time.

By 'today's standards' they wipe the floor with 99% of the commercial pop plaguing our charts. STILL - 40+ years later. Have you never wondered why even someone who dislikes The Beatles knows so many of their songs? They are unescapable!
----
Relax and let the seat take the battery
12.09.2006 - 10:46
Warman
Erotic Stains
Maybe they had something to do about rock being born and all, but do they really fit in the "rock forum"?
----
14.09.2006 - 00:16
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Warman: Why wouldn't they fit into the 'rock forum' context of MS? They were rock and roll and still are rock and roll...where would you put the Beatles...in the General Music forum?
25.09.2006 - 23:51
Sineepoka
Account deleted
one of the best bands, one of the bands that I grew up with
04.11.2006 - 02:54
Gothya
of course I've listened to some of their music, pretty great band and great stuff, that's why they were so damn successful and still nowadays (incredible); and agree, it's amazing that people still like them and listening to their music, and get all their records, and stuff like if they were still playing or something like that (admirable); plus get into the teenagers world, not everyone Some of their songs I like: help, let it be, aint she sweet, yesterday(beautiful song), so on; and from john Lennon, imagine, I love it such a beautiful song; unfortunately I don't have too much stuff from them but pretty great band
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS
28.11.2006 - 13:24
Warman
Erotic Stains
@Kap'N: Yeah, sorry ... they probably fit in this forum but I keep seeing Beatles as pop But sure, they're rock 'n' roll.
----
29.11.2006 - 02:42
Bitch Boy
I also think that The Beatles are pop, but for sure they influenciated many many rock bands.

My favorite songs are Eleanor Rigby, LSD, Think for yourself, With a little help from my friends, Hey Buldog! and many more...
30.11.2006 - 06:03
-Painkiller-
Account deleted
i love this great band
after all theyre some of the creators of rock music xD
11.12.2006 - 20:05
Valentin B
Iconoclast
like in many of the classic rock bands, the sucky parts kinda suck but the awesome ones are really awesome. like imagine or *tear* let it be....:(( probably their best song and unbelievably depressive(more than i daresay stairway to heaven)
11.12.2006 - 20:29
tulkas
el parcero
well, my dad is one of the biggest beatle fans, so I grew up listening to them. even if I don't want it, I can actually sing along almost every song Anyway, although they may not be one of my favorite bands, I do like some songs, and also some of the lyrics are really good too. I do also think they were very influential to what music is today, so I think that beacuse of that they are a really good band
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
15.12.2006 - 23:54
Strid
Account deleted
I don't like The Beatles. At all. My mom has their entire discography and I think I like.......hmm...lessee.....three of their songs. In total. My dislike for them verges on hatred sometimes, they're highly annoying in general. I completely get how they were pioneers and a major shaping force in music etc....and I totally give them props for that.

But I still dislike them.
16.12.2006 - 08:33
HeathenBlood
Account deleted
hey have marked good part in music....i used to listen many songs of Beatles six years ago..i used to like the band...but it was just in one phase..although i don't listen to the band anymore i respect their music!!
16.12.2006 - 09:21
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I listened to them when I studied in class 6.I liked their music very much then.In their song 'let it be' there is a line 'mother mary comes to me'. This shows their weak christian mentality. In difficult hours, no such 'Mary's come, believing in it would just be hypocrisy.Our family, friends and other people are the ones who will help us in our difficult times.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
18.12.2006 - 10:30
Feathers
Account deleted
ooh, i'm a total Beatles freak!! i own their full discography, the anthology dvd's too... hehe yeaah i know i'm weird... personally i enjoy their later stage a lot more i think it is more interesting, serious music from rubber soul to the end... and i love the influences from India they have.
btw, have you watched the Concert for George? omg! i love that concert, a master piece for all Beatles lovers
18.12.2006 - 17:51
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Paganblood on 16.12.2006 at 09:21

I listened to them when I studied in class 6.I liked their music very much then.In their song 'let it be' there is a line 'mother mary comes to me'. This shows their weak christian mentality. In difficult hours, no such 'Mary's come, believing in it would just be hypocrisy.Our family, friends and other people are the ones who will help us in our difficult times.

I think that the 'Mother Mary' referred to was in fact Paul McCartneys deceased mother and not a religious reference at all.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
18.12.2006 - 19:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
her name was mary? regardless let it be is one fuck of a tearjerker ballad.
18.12.2006 - 20:46
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Valentin B on 18.12.2006 at 19:14

her name was mary? regardless let it be is one fuck of a tearjerker ballad.

Yes her name was Mary.

And I agree it is a very sad song.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre