Metal Storm logo
Megaforce Records - Co-Founder Jon Zazula Passed Away

Jon Zazula, who co-founded longtime independent record label Megaforce Records with his late wife Marsha back in 1982, has passed away at the age of 69. Megaforce released the first two Metallica albums, Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning. The label also put out the Anthrax's debut album, Fistful Of Metal, in 1984. Some of other metal acts that have collaborated with the label: Overkill, Ministry, Testament, Mercyful Fate.

Statement from Rikki Zazula, Jon's daughter: "The world lost a true legend today… Our Dad lived a life as fast, hard, heavy, powerful, and, impactful as the music he brought to the world. His passion and persistence fueled the careers of arguably the most influential metal bands, and, industry greats of a generation. To us he was simply daddy… Our father and mother were a powerhouse partnership in love, life, and business. Together they believed in the unbelievable, their passion, rebel perspective, and persistence built an empire from a box of vinyl in a flea market - into a multi platinum selling record label, management company, and publishing house. Although we are devastated he is gone, they are finally reunited. And it feels impossible to imagine a world without him in it. For all of us who knew and loved him … by the way… keep it heavy! RIP daddy you will truly be deeply missed, but, never forgotten…your LegaZ will live on forever, not only in us and your grandchildren, but, in every headbanger on this planet for all of eternity!"

Source: megaforcerecords.com
Posted: 02.02.2022 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 11 users
03.02.2022 - 00:09
nikarg
Staff
Rest in peace. Amazing couple. They have released some of my most beloved music.
04.02.2022 - 11:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Rip.. A begginer what later becaume bigger as they thought it will be...
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 658 | This month: 17