Metal Storm logo
Hercules - The Final Stand

4 | 9 votes |
Release date: 6 July 2023
Style: Epic heavy metal

Owners:

1 wants it

01. The Fire Of Prometheus
02. Final Stand (By The Legion Of Spartakus)
03. Hammer Of Thor II
04. Indian Warrior
05. Young N' Hungry
06. Call To The Power
07. In The Sky (Flight Of The King Eagle)
08. Back To Navaho Land
09. The Bruisers Of Metal
10. Thrash Force
11. Merciless Rape
12. Camera Magnet (The Trendy Shit)
13. Attack

Found in 2 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 49   Visited by: 135 users
14.08.2023 - 17:33
Nejde
I totally missed that Hercules released yet another epic masterpiece of true heavy metal. The instrumental "Merciless Rape" is up there giving Van Halen's "Eruption" a fight for its money. I would've loved some epic and dreamy lyrics on that one. "Indian Warrior" is probably offensive to both Native Americans and Indians alike. We also get some true epicness in the 9 minute long "In the Sky (Flight of the King Eagle)". I just wish it was even longer. "Thrash Force" sums it up perfectly as Hercules pronounces 'thrash' trash. In Hercules' defense though, this album actually isn't as bad as Waiting For The King, but that's just by a small margin. It deserves a generous 3 just because "The Bruisers Of Metal" clocks in exemplary in less than a minute.

Bow to the King Hercules
14.08.2023 - 17:44
JoHn Doe
I skimmed a bit through the first two songs. Unlistenable stuff. Was this band added to MS as a joke? That would explain a few things...
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
14.08.2023 - 18:06
Nejde
Written by JoHn Doe on 14.08.2023 at 17:44

I skimmed a bit through the first two songs. Unlistenable stuff. Was this band added to MS as a joke? That would explain a few things...

Hercules is no joking matter. This is true epic heavy metal
14.08.2023 - 18:23
A Real Mönkey
I like how they have an actual Native American tribe name (spelled incorrectly by the way; it’s Navajo with a J) but still use “Indian” in an earlier song.

Fine they’re from Greece but crack open a book once in a while, Hercules.
----
"Change the world. My final message. Goodbye."

~Last words of Harambe, seconds before he was shot, according to child he shielded from gunfire
14.08.2023 - 18:26
JoHn Doe
Written by A Real Mönkey on 14.08.2023 at 18:23

I like how they have an actual Native American tribe name (spelled incorrectly by the way; it’s Navajo with a J) but still use “Indian” in an earlier song.

Fine he’s from Greece but crack open a book once in a while, Hercules.

Cracking the book open is not enough, he's got to read, too.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
14.08.2023 - 20:29
Rating: 3
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
I thought the sound quality would at least improve slightly but the production is still amateur at best, the vocals have expectedly not improved in the slightest, they're still awful, almost parody-like, and an annoyingly, unfunny parody at that. However there are some decent riffs and a few decent solo's here and there, which is an unexpected surprise and certainly an improvement imo. There are still tracks that he could definitely have done without putting out, "Merciless Rape" for instance, is just dreadful.

Overall it's only what I can call another amateurish effort, even if a slight improvement on his last release, and oh yes, I've endured this album as a whole now, although I admit it's not as suffering as some albums I've painfully endured in recent years, this does kinda have it's slight entertainment value, even if it's for having a good ol laugh at in parts.

And sorry Hercules, I shall never bow to some mortal being who believes to consider themselves a true demigod. The only person I kneel before is the King of England, and that's all due to respect and at a push.
14.08.2023 - 20:41
Nejde
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 14.08.2023 at 20:29

"Merciless Rape" for instance, is just dreadful.

Like I said. It needs lyrics. Then it would have been EPIC.

And sorry Hercules, I shall never bow to some mortal being who believes to consider themselves a true demigod. The only person I kneel before is the King of England, and that's all due to respect and at a push.

You kneel to the King of England, but you BOW to the King Hercules. Someone who makes music this epic truly cannot be a mere human.
14.08.2023 - 21:00
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Written by Nejde on 14.08.2023 at 20:41

Like I said. It needs lyrics. Then it would have been EPIC.

Lyrics would have been epic indeed, but here I guess he finally puts his 'so called' epic sound effects to good use
14.08.2023 - 21:34
JoHn Doe

I thought the sound quality would at least improve slightly but the production is still amateur at best, the vocals have expectedly not improved in the slightest, they're still awful, almost parody-like, and an annoyingly, unfunny parody at that. However there are some decent riffs and a few decent solo's here and there, which is an unexpected surprise and certainly an improvement imo. There are still tracks that he could definitely have done without putting out, "Merciless Rape" for instance, is just dreadful.

Overall it's only what I can call another amateurish effort, even if a slight improvement on his last release, and oh yes, I've endured this album as a whole now, although I admit it's not as suffering as some albums I've painfully endured in recent years, this does kinda have it's slight entertainment value, even if it's for having a good ol laugh at in parts.

Did you listen to the whole thing? There are better things to do, better, more interesting and more competent music to listen to. There, I said it.
----
14.08.2023 - 21:56
Nejde
All jokes aside. This album isn't as horrendous as Waiting For The King, but that's not saying much since this album still is god awful. Thankfully there's no "Dream Of The Golden Path" here. Although there is "Indian Warrior" that I mentioned in my first comment. This song really is offensive as it sounds like he's mocking Native American culture and spiritualism when he's trying to mimic their chanting. I'm 100% sure that those "lyrics" are just made up and not an actual Native American language.
14.08.2023 - 22:16
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by Nejde on 14.08.2023 at 21:56

Although there is "Indian Warrior" that I mentioned in my first comment. This song really is offensive as it sounds like he's mocking Native American culture and spiritualism when he's trying to mimic their chanting. I'm 100% sure that those "lyrics" are just made up and not an actual Native American language.

Blackbraid needs to listen to this
14.08.2023 - 22:35
Nejde
Written by F3ynman on 14.08.2023 at 22:16

Blackbraid needs to listen to this

If he wants to make his ancestors cry, then yes.
15.08.2023 - 08:29
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Written by JoHn Doe on 14.08.2023 at 21:34

Did you listen to the whole thing? There are better things to do, better, more interesting and more competent music to listen to. There, I said it.

Just a heads up, it doesn't get much better than the first few tracks, but I gather you aren't planning on listening to it in it's entirety anyway, and I don't blame you
15.08.2023 - 11:17
24emd
Theory Snob
----
"I am too stupid to be human, and I lack common sense." - Proverbs 30:2
"Music? Well, it's just entertainment, folks!" - Devin Townsend

Best 2024 Albums
17.08.2023 - 05:37
Rulatore
I might have been hit by a crazy beam (or really bored), but I went into this expecting something like a joke, like not even trying

For what it is, I dont think it's that stupid....
19.08.2023 - 10:14
Rating: 5
Ansercanagicus
endangered bird
Call me crazy or I'm listening to this with crappy headphones, or just on the first songs, but it doesn't sound that bad. Still bad, but it's an improvement from previous album. Cram in real drums and a better production and it's gonna be alright.

Written by A Real Mönkey on 14.08.2023 at 18:23

For Europeans it's common to refer to Native American by the expression 'Amercian Indian', this is likely a translation/localization problem. Also somewhat an insult to India since nobody here would picture a warrior from India if you tell them "Indian Warrior", rather an American one.
----
19.08.2023 - 15:27
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by Ansercanagicus on 19.08.2023 at 10:14

For Europeans it's common to refer to Native American by the expression 'Amercian Indian', this is likely a translation/localization problem. Also somewhat an insult to India since nobody here would picture a warrior from India if you tell them "Indian Warrior", rather an American one.

Yeah. In German, for example, we have two distinct words: "Inder" for a man from India and "Indianer" for a Native American
19.08.2023 - 15:36
Nejde
Written by Ansercanagicus on 19.08.2023 at 10:14

For Europeans it's common to refer to Native American by the expression 'Amercian Indian', this is likely a translation/localization problem.

I've never heard anyone English speaking say American Indian, only heard them referred to as Native Americans. And at least in Swedish we differentiate the two. Indians are 'indier' and Native Americans are 'indianer'. Also the word 'indianer' isn't really used anymore in common speech. We use the Swedish word for the American indigenous population.
19.08.2023 - 15:53
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by Nejde on 19.08.2023 at 15:36

I've never heard anyone English speaking say American Indian, only heard them referred to as Native Americans.

Here ya go
https://americanindian.si.edu/
19.08.2023 - 16:03
Nejde
Written by F3ynman on 19.08.2023 at 15:53

I interpret it as that American Indian refers to the whole of America, both North, South and Central, while Native American more specifically refers to the ones in the USA. But I could of course be wrong.
19.08.2023 - 16:16
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by Nejde on 19.08.2023 at 16:03

Written by F3ynman on 19.08.2023 at 15:53

I interpret it as that American Indian refers to the whole of America, both North, South and Central, while Native American more specifically refers to the ones in the USA. But I could of course be wrong.

Yeah, that's probably the way it's used by most people, even though I don't see how Native American couldn't refer to all the Americas too.
19.08.2023 - 16:32
JoHn Doe
Written by 24emd on 15.08.2023 at 11:17

I second this.
----
19.08.2023 - 19:00
A Real Mönkey
Referring Native Americans as "Indians" is an increasingly outdated (not to mention factually incorrect) term that stemmed from the Age of Exploration to when Columbus and the like attempted to make a seafaring trip around the world to actual India, the Indies and the rest of the Far Eastern World for trading after the Ottomans cockblocked Christians from using the Silk Road, not knowing that the New World stood in the way. When they landed I imagine the encounter with the Native Americans went something like "Hey, brown people! Must be in India!" Thus they were referred to as such.

Nowadays, referring to Natives as "Indians" has been slowly but steadily pushed back, I think nowadays referring to their actual tribes (like Navajo, Sioux, etc.) is more accepted. Thus, when someone refers to Indian, it's safer and a tad more politically correct to assume the actual people from India. There's actually been a bit of a fuss with one of our sports teams, The Cleveland Indians, calling for a name change to the Cleveland Guardians as a result.
----

~Last words of Harambe, seconds before he was shot, according to child he shielded from gunfire
19.08.2023 - 19:44
Nejde
Written by A Real Mönkey on 19.08.2023 at 19:00

Nowadays, referring to Natives as "Indians" has been slowly but steadily pushed back, I think nowadays referring to their actual tribes (like Navajo, Sioux, etc.) is more accepted. Thus, when someone refers to Indian, it's safer and a tad more politically correct to assume the actual people from India. There's actually been a bit of a fuss with one of our sports teams, The Cleveland Indians, calling for a name change to the Cleveland Guardians as a result.

We had the same issue with Gothenburg's hockey team. They we're called Frölunda Indians and had a chief with war bonnet. They removed Indians from the name and are called Frölunda HC now and also changed the logo to an ugly, generic one.

Going back to the topic, this shows how ignorant Hercules is. Just like you said, Indians today are the people from India. Calling a song Indian Warrior, referring to Native Americans, is just stupid, narrow minded and backward-looking.
19.08.2023 - 20:12
Redel
I wonder where the mastermind behind this project is now when people are actually discussing his music, his lyrics. Hasnt he written and published this review recently where he was praising the shit out of one of his opuses?
Where is he now to defend his work and explain the choice of his words when people are giving it more attention than he could ever have hoped for getting with it?
19.08.2023 - 21:17
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by Redel on 19.08.2023 at 20:12

I wonder where the mastermind behind this project is now when people are actually discussing his music, his lyrics. Hasnt he written and published this review recently where he was praising the shit out of one of his opuses?
Where is he now to defend his work and explain the choice of his words when people are giving it more attention than he could ever have hoped for getting with it?

I don't know if you read the "Proofreading" thread, but the 9.8/10 review was actually submitted for proofreading already in early June. We waited and waited for the user to accept the proofreading and publish it, but they never returned seemingly. Therefore, the staff decided after nearly two months of waiting to publish the proofread review by force for posterity and Metal Storm's endless enjoyment.

But you're right, it would be interesting if he returned to enter the discussion. His music seems it has potential to improve
19.08.2023 - 21:23
Redel
Written by F3ynman on 19.08.2023 at 21:17

it would be interesting if he returned to enter the discussion.

I mean, if you are serious with your music, not just looking for promotion and people to buy it, and if you are writing such a review I assume you are, you should be present when people are actually talking about the content, that would be your chance -- will you ever get one again?
19.08.2023 - 21:35
Nejde
Written by Redel on 19.08.2023 at 21:23

I mean, if you are serious with your music, not just looking for promotion and people to buy it, and if you are writing such a review I assume you are, you should be present when people are actually talking about the content, that would be your chance -- will you ever get one again?

The guy is delusional and a megalomaniac. I don't think anyone takes his music seriously or listen to it as such. I could maybe put it on at a house party just for the cringe and the laughs, but that's about it. No one would listen to it and think "this is actually some great heavy metal". Well maybe SSUS since he liked the latest Najand album, but he's the only one
24.08.2023 - 16:09
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Nejde on 19.08.2023 at 21:35

No one would listen to it and think "this is actually some great heavy metal". Well maybe SSUS since he liked the latest Najand album...

More like ScreamingSUS
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
24.08.2023 - 18:05
A Real Mönkey
----

Hits total: 2077 | This month: 14