Metal Storm logo
Öxxö Xööx - + (The Opening Of The Hypercube)

6.4 | 10 votes |
Release date: 9 September 2024
Style: Avantgarde metal, Gothic metal

Owners:

1 has it
2 want it

01. Cündü(-) (Puesanteur)
02. Säntä(S) (Deception)
03. Däë(8) (Intrusion)
04. Dïrïün(X) (Rebellion)
05. Ämä(I) (False Light)
06. Ör(O) (Imprisoned Souls)
07. Füch(C) (Broken Ouroboros)
08. Krïs(T) (Repair)
09. Düntö(+ ) (Fly Away)

Found in 1 list
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 23 users
12.09.2024 - 01:27
Rating: 8
thebenfo
I've never heard this band but I'm about 5 minutes into the first track of this album and gotta say, I'm very intrigued. They have their own lexicon?! What the hell. This is some wild stuff.

EDIT: If you love artsy avant-garde metal from France, you've probably heard of this band. That's not really my scene, but this band turned my head with their dedication to their craft, not only musically, but thematically: this band has their own LEXICON filled with a language created by the band. They sprinkle these newfound words throughout the lyrics. That's dedication! The album is very percussive-heavy, with maniacal toms constantly pushing the songs into place. This is contrasted with beautiful, majestic vocals from men and women of all vocal ranges. This one DEMANDS your attention with its chaotic yet cinematic nature and at 78 minutes, you should put this one aside for a long commute or something. This band has no comparisons, really. All I can say is it's like Frank Zappa directing a cirque de solei metal band.
----
These are my opinions. You're welcome to discard them.

Find out more of my thoughts on Forgemaster Metal www.youtube.com/@forgemastermetal
19.09.2024 - 21:24
MetalManic
The vocal harmonies and presentation are utterly fascinating.

Hits total: 585 | This month: 237