Metal Storm logo
The origin of your username

Original post

Posted by GT, 29.05.2006 - 21:04
What is the story behind your username (and your custom title if you have one)?

In my own case it quite simple. Just the first letters in my first and last name. Boring and easy to remember
27.04.2008 - 13:30
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Ether: oh that's what it means...I can see it now when I know it, but I couldn't before
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
27.04.2008 - 22:49
Mosquiller
@Ether: got it, but its kinda strange and hard to read.
----
Written by Konrad on 10.12.2009 at 22:41

Hey, if you put your mind to something, you can accomplish it...just don't give up.

02.05.2008 - 13:17
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
i wanted to call myself metalhead but since that nick was already taken i had no choice than to make my nick metalhead2
19.05.2008 - 01:32
Hamird
Lieutenant
my name is Hamid Reza. so long to write, mostly on video games' username. so i just cut some part. hamid r... but this one could make the reader doubt which what the hell r is doing in the username. so i just put i one word back, before d of hamid. and it has turned to hamird
hope you enjoyed this way of making names (did you understand? huh)
19.05.2008 - 10:38
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
my username is artia , artia is Headed in primeval king of Iran's army
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
19.05.2008 - 15:23
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by ArtiA on 19.05.2008 at 10:38

And your Custom Title? Why Robin Goodfellow?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
19.05.2008 - 17:03
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 19.05.2008 at 15:23

Probably from this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Goodfellow
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
19.05.2008 - 19:20
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by hanna of steel on 19.05.2008 at 17:03

Good point. I should have Googled it first lol.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

20.05.2008 - 10:17
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 19.05.2008 at 19:20

Written by hanna of steel on 19.05.2008 at 17:03

Good point. I should have Googled it first lol.

I hope to saw what is the Robin Goodfellow in wikipedia but I explain my username in metalstorm u can see in my profile
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
26.05.2008 - 00:16
Baalzebub
Baalzebub - lord of the flies,prince of demons...has many different descriptions...,i think this username doesnt have to be described so much..everyone knows what it means...bwahahahhaha

btw: grettings from croatia to all metalstormers here!
----
--Death is path to freedom--
26.05.2008 - 00:41
Ka Tet
Ka Tet - from the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. A Ka Tet is a group of friends brought together by Ka, the force that binds all creatures together. One from many.

It's both a tribute to my favorite series and a reference to how all the aspects of myself create who I am.

Also, I think it sounds cool and it's usually not taken when I join a new forum.
26.05.2008 - 11:23
MadGatsu
Welcome Baalzebub and Ka Tet! Enjoy your stay at MS /m/
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
29.05.2008 - 05:03
Haightredy
Well, my last name is Haight (pronounced "hate"), and "Hatredy" is the name of a Dethklok song (from Metalocalypse), so I just combined them into "Haightredy".
29.05.2008 - 11:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i changed my name from Cursed to Valentin which is my real name, and B is the first letter of my family(first name) i felt the need to make a change.
29.05.2008 - 18:43
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Valentin: just keep the avatar for a while so we can recognise you
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
29.05.2008 - 18:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by GT on 29.05.2008 at 18:43

@Valentin: just keep the avatar for a while so we can recognise you

Its be easy even knowing his name Valentin
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.05.2008 - 18:52
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Valentin B on 29.05.2008 at 11:59

i changed my name from Cursed to Valentin which is my real name, and B is the first letter of my family(first name) i felt the need to make a change.

Damn, I liked "cursed" But ok, I recognized it is you, even without seeing the avatar
----
29.05.2008 - 18:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Stalker on 29.05.2008 at 18:52

Damn, I liked "cursed" But ok, I recognized it is you, even without seeing the avatar

how the hell did you know it was me if you didn't even see my avatar? you should visit the supernatural thread more often lol
29.05.2008 - 19:42
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Valentin B on 29.05.2008 at 18:55

how the hell did you know it was me if you didn't even see my avatar? you should visit the supernatural thread more often lol

Because I already knew your name is Valentin
----
04.06.2008 - 01:11
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Stalker on 29.05.2008 at 19:42

Written by Valentin B on 29.05.2008 at 18:55

Because I already knew your name is Valentin

Also because he's the Angry Atheist
----

05.07.2008 - 10:41
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 04.06.2008 at 01:11

Also because he's the Angry Atheist

yeah!

05.07.2008 - 21:48
Dagorwen
Dagorwen is the first roleplay character I created, it was in the LoTR universe. It's in Sindarin (an elfic language) "Dagor" means battle, war..., and "Wen" means maiden, virgin, girl... it resumes my life ideal
ironicaly enough, it's not so far of the meaning of my real name, which means "powerfull warior" or "power in the battle"
05.07.2008 - 23:05
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
well, i took it from the movie 'the usual suspects'. that's all...
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
06.07.2008 - 21:13
Deadgirl
Written by Dagorwen on 05.07.2008 at 21:48

Dagorwen is the first roleplay character I created, it was in the LoTR universe. It's in Sindarin (an elfic language) "Dagor" means battle, war..., and "Wen" means maiden, virgin, girl... it resumes my life ideal
ironicaly enough, it's not so far of the meaning of my real name, which means "powerfull warior" or "power in the battle"

LOL, I was actually wondering about whether Dagorwen was a translation of your real name or you just chose it for its meaning... If I remember correctly, Dagorwen would translate in terms of names to Matilda, so... that's kind of interesting I suppose..
But "powerful warrior"?? I know that my first name (Kelly -- in Sindarin it's Maethoriel and in Quenya it's Ohtarë) translates to "warrior", but I don't know any female names that mean a particularly powerful warrior... Only one that means "powerful" or "mighty" ... That's cool though. ^_^
----
Remember that you are mortal.
06.07.2008 - 23:22
Dagorwen
Written by Deadgirl on 06.07.2008 at 21:13

LOL, I was actually wondering about whether Dagorwen was a translation of your real name or you just chose it for its meaning... If I remember correctly, Dagorwen would translate in terms of names to Matilda, so... that's kind of interesting I suppose..
But "powerful warrior"?? I know that my first name (Kelly -- in Sindarin it's Maethoriel and in Quenya it's Ohtarë) translates to "warrior", but I don't know any female names that mean a particularly powerful warrior... Only one that means "powerful" or "mighty" ... That's cool though. ^_^

Great, you got it!

my name is Mathilde, as Macht means power, and Hild battle, war and also walkyrie (if I correctly understood my Introduction to Norwegian, "Hyldr" is the walkyrie designation at the end of a name, so it could be understood as power in the battle, or powerfull walkyrie.

I didn't know for Kelly, great ^^ I'm found of names meanings!!!

PS: now that you found it, there's no use not to write it in my profile anymore... ^^
02.08.2008 - 19:11
Elio
Red Nightmare
my nick comes from one of my death fav song, empty words, and 90 is the year of my birth...
not so original i guess :
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
02.08.2008 - 19:35
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Elio on 02.08.2008 at 19:11

my nick comes from one of my death fav song, empty words, and 90 is the year of my birth...

well, on a metal forum most usernames are better than Hell_Grinder_666 or ChristianRoadkill or something so yours is definetely not as lame as those lol
03.08.2008 - 05:21
Deadgirl
I don't think I have actually posted the origin of my username here...

Lolita fashion has several sub-genres, and most of them are shortened from [Type] Lolita to [Type]loli. For example, Gothic Lolita becomes Gosuloli or Gothloli, Sweet Lolita is often called Amaloli (because "sweet" in Japanese is amai, the base of the word is ama), Wa Lolita -> Waloli, etc.
For a long time, some of my friends have been joking with me that I am Metal Lolita, so... Metaloli. (At first it was going to be Metalloli, but I think it looks better without the double-L.) ^_^
----
Remember that you are mortal.
03.08.2008 - 14:55
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Valentin B on 02.08.2008 at 19:35

Written by Elio on 02.08.2008 at 19:11

well, on a metal forum most usernames are better than Hell_Grinder_666 or ChristianRoadkill or something so yours is definetely not as lame as those lol

loool @ those names
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
12.08.2008 - 14:20
Dagorwen
Written by Deadgirl on 03.08.2008 at 05:21

I don't think I have actually posted the origin of my username here...

Lolita fashion has several sub-genres, and most of them are shortened from [Type] Lolita to [Type]loli. For example, Gothic Lolita becomes Gosuloli or Gothloli, Sweet Lolita is often called Amaloli (because "sweet" in Japanese is amai, the base of the word is ama), Wa Lolita -> Waloli, etc.
For a long time, some of my friends have been joking with me that I am Metal Lolita, so... Metaloli. (At first it was going to be Metalloli, but I think it looks better without the double-L.) ^_^

But what actually is the "lolita fashion" ?