Metal Storm logo
Satanism

Original post

Posted by Sunioj, 24.08.2006 - 16:14
Satanism, from contemporary individualism to the sub categories of MLO and left hand path...
Plain and simple, what do you all think about it?

Im curious to hear people share thoughts and ideas of this philosophy and let me start by saying that contemporary Satanism is very interesting since it focuses on building oneself spiritually.

Lets take an example like Jon Nodveidt's recent decision to end his life....
He killed himself and his band claims it was a ritual suicide, does this make his form of Satanism a religion because it has rituals or is MLO another form of interpreting Satanism?
15.11.2007 - 14:42
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Torelli: Yes I am, well you are fortunate to not have recieved this treatment. I mean Satanism [LaVey] says not to force the beliefs on others and it seems sensible to me........Yet Christianity which is so much more popular doesn't say that at all.
18.11.2007 - 04:48
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I am just going to jump in and throw out my thought's on Satanism in general.

I think Satanism and all of it's derivatives is a total joke. Here a few key reason's why, first off the number 666 is not the number of the beast, it is actually 616 as revealed roughly 2-3 year's ago by an Italian researcher who was re-transcribing the old text's. Secondly, in the older Hebrew text's there is NO fallen angel nor a devil. Lucifer was a Babylonian king, nothing more! Thirdly, whether people are embracing the ideologies of the devil or Satan with having free-will or giving praise to the allegid deity itself, they are encouraging and pretty much endorsing Christianity. Not to mention, that if we do adhere to Christian text's then there is a big contradiction, such as the angel's not having free-will, and the entire reasoning for Lucifer rebelling against god was because god gave free-will to man... so how was Lucifer even able to rebel if he had not the will to make a free choice, and rise up against god??

Satanist and the like have built their belief's based off what the church has told them, and it serves them right for not doing their own research. Anton LaVey himself is a real piece of work, he couldn't even practice what he preached, there was no glory or wealth in his life, he died as a poor pimp in a slum; he scammed everyone, and despite his death his trickory still fool's moron's.

I wish all form's of Jeudo-Christianity would just parish, and they can take their Satanism and Luciferism with them.
18.11.2007 - 07:11
Stigmatized
Written by Bitter Dawn on 18.11.2007 at 04:48

Not to mention, that if we do adhere to Christian text's then there is a big contradiction, such as the angel's not having free-will, and the entire reasoning for Lucifer rebelling against god was because god gave free-will to man... so how was Lucifer even able to rebel if he had not the will to make a free choice, and rise up against god??

Do you know where it says that? I'm really curious to see this.
19.11.2007 - 10:15
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Perhaps this is similar to the "kettle calling the pot black" but I don't know exactly where it is per se, but my wife was forced to attend Catholic school when she was young, so she may have a better idea than I.

But that was the whole reasoning. The angel's were created as androgenis being's without free-will, and once god created man with free-will there was a fit of jealously amongst the angel's, particularily Lucifer whom I believe was the first angel. He was jealous that not only did god give man free-will, but that he seemed to love them more than his angel's whom served god endlessly, and because of all this Lucifer rebelled since he believed he could "run" heaven better.
23.11.2007 - 20:05
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Bitter Dawn on 19.11.2007 at 10:15

Perhaps this is similar to the "kettle calling the pot black" but I don't know exactly where it is per se, but my wife was forced to attend Catholic school when she was young, so she may have a better idea than I.

But that was the whole reasoning. The angel's were created as androgenis being's without free-will, and once god created man with free-will there was a fit of jealously amongst the angel's, particularily Lucifer whom I believe was the first angel. He was jealous that not only did god give man free-will, but that he seemed to love them more than his angel's whom served god endlessly, and because of all this Lucifer rebelled since he believed he could "run" heaven better.

Well, like Stigmatized said, could you show us where it says all of this in the Christian Bible? I would like to see it.
----
(space for rent)
24.11.2007 - 13:52
Remus
Written by Bitter Dawn on 18.11.2007 at 04:48

there is a big contradiction, such as the angel's not having free-will, and the entire reasoning for Lucifer rebelling against god was because god gave free-will to man... so how was Lucifer even able to rebel if he had not the will to make a free choice, and rise up against god??

I belive Lucifer, along with 2 or 3 other angels were arc angels. "Regular" angels did not have free will, but Lucifer and a couple of others were higher in rank and did enjoy the perk of having the ability to make their own decisions. I think...
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
24.11.2007 - 18:48
Stigmatized
Written by Bitter Dawn on 19.11.2007 at 10:15

If they didn't have free will, how were they able to become jealous?
25.11.2007 - 14:34
Smurfophagist
Ok, I have checked out a couple of satanic websites. I expected to find a load of rubbish, but some of the pages I have read actually make sense. I also noticed that none of these 'satanists' are trying very hard to convince you that Satan exists, they are more concentrated on proving that the catholic church is based on lies, that the Bible is nothing but a science fiction novel.
According to the High priestess of the church of Satan, Satan does not necessarily encourage people to do evil things. But it is very important to achieve vengeance. Also, according to the satanists, the only thing that makes people much different than animals, is their ability to be evil (which was recently scientifically proven).
Since I am an atheist I do not really know what to think of this, but these guys can sometimes prove their point.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
25.11.2007 - 14:50
Damnated
Churchburner
At LaVey Satan isn't an (evil) entity. It's only a metaphor.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
03.12.2007 - 23:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
hey those who dont like crsitainity I had quasten for you
You dont like islam and judaism too or only Cristianity?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.12.2007 - 21:37
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 03.12.2007 at 23:43

You dont like islam and judaism too or only Cristianity?

i despise every form of organized religion. including this church of satan pseudo-religion too.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
09.12.2007 - 06:35
El Vikingo
Written by Smurfophagist on 25.11.2007 at 14:34

Ok, I have checked out a couple of satanic websites. I expected to find a load of rubbish, but some of the pages I have read actually make sense. I also noticed that none of these 'satanists' are trying very hard to convince you that Satan exists, they are more concentrated on proving that the catholic church is based on lies, that the Bible is nothing but a science fiction novel.
According to the High priestess of the church of Satan, Satan does not necessarily encourage people to do evil things. But it is very important to achieve vengeance. Also, according to the satanists, the only thing that makes people much different than animals, is their ability to be evil (which was recently scientifically proven).
Since I am an atheist I do not really know what to think of this, but these guys can sometimes prove their point.

Where do people get this shit? All you need to know about Satanism can be found in the Satanic Bible or www.churchofsatan.com I have yet to see anybody in this thread who has a clue. Not even close.
----
"The worst kind of death is getting eaten by someone you love."
09.12.2007 - 06:49
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by El Vikingo on 09.12.2007 at 06:35

Written by Smurfophagist on 25.11.2007 at 14:34

Where do people get this shit? All you need to know about Satanism can be found in the Satanic Bible or www.churchofsatan.com I have yet to see anybody in this thread who has a clue. Not even close.

Please then, tell! Thrall me with your acumen.
----
The force will be with you, always.
11.12.2007 - 14:15
RockeRoy
it's just as stupid as christianity or anyother religion!!!
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
12.12.2007 - 16:08
SETHULHU
yogi_lb@hotmail.com
Elite
Written by RockeRoy on 11.12.2007 at 14:15

can you elaborate on your point of view?
----
This site is great. FOR ME TO POOP ON.

reBubblefuckered !!!BAAAALEEETEEED!!!
12.12.2007 - 16:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by RockeRoy on 11.12.2007 at 14:15

What you mean you wanna say thay satnaism are stpid(I agree he is) buta lso you wanna say cristianity or othe realigion are stupid?
in that case what is not stupid?
----

12.12.2007 - 17:33
RockeRoy
Quote:
can you elaborate on your point of view?

If God created Satan, and Satan is evil, is evil God's fault

I mean that it's meaningless to waste your life beliving in something that there is no proof of beeing tru, and the bible is definitly not a proof(I wrote my meanings on that in the Christianity thread) and don't you think a carpenter 2000 years ago whould have beaten the shit out of here wife if she got pregnant if he hadn't fucked here yet?:)
And as far as i know there would be no satanism without christianity according to the bible! the christians actualy made satan!
Satan is an angel created by god to "help him out" and god gave him some authority and power But he perverted that power. Lucifer wanted to be above God... rather than "just" being the Angel of God.
This sounds so stupid, that people belive this stories is to a big mystery!
So what i mean is you can't be a satanism without beliving in god? and i use to go to a pub where they play only metal music to drink beer, and there is always people there claime to be satanists, and if i ask them do you belive in god? they usualy answer NO NO!!! god doesn't exist! lol
But anyway i'm sure there are people who belive in satan as much as some christians belive very strongly in god and Jesus christ, and i belive this are sick sick twisted minds, specialy the satanists because even though i think the people who belive the bible story's to be tru are fucked up! but they do no harm! Satanists on the other hand does!! i know i live in Norway:) If i ever meat "Varg" from Burzum he better let himself on fire before i get to him! burning churches is not cool! murder people are not cool!
I can understand and respect christians who don't belive the bible stories to be tru, but in some way find's hope and releaf in beliving in something! thats realy why christianity is made up.. because we People are afraid of things we don't understand, and death, afterlife etc.. are things we don't understand and will never do so Christianety is a great way to fool you to belive in something nice when you get afraid! and Satanism is almoast the same! satanism gives satanists false Strength and selfestem! "satanism is not for the weak it's for the strong"" Every man kan be king and so on" it's obvisuly a religion for the outcasts and the outsiders the weak and the pople with lovest self estem! i have ZERO respect for satanism!
I am sure that these satanists are all virgins! they have never fucked!! exept the girls they have sacrifised and fucked after they are dead!
Religion is so comersial to! and comersial is something moast of us Metalheads don't like to much!!
In my opinion Black metal is one of the moast comersial generes of all kind of music! i mean Face-painting and Evil! to me Black metal is just great fun to listen to just like Kiss..:)
and i can't be a fan of Christian metal with christian lyrics no mather how great there music might be because of the christian lyrics!
To every christian, satanist or any other religious freak! Face the reality, and start beliving in yourself!
Rock on!
----

Walk with me in hell
13.12.2007 - 09:39
b0000mst1ck
Written by RockeRoy on 12.12.2007 at 17:33

specialy the satanists because even though i think the people who belive the bible story's to be tru are fucked up! but they do no harm! Satanists on the other hand does!!

christians do no harm? christianity teaches more intolerance and closed-mindedness than satanism does. christianity also causes wars. and i'm pretty sure satanism hasn't, but correct me if i'm wrong. so, no...christians DO cause harm. a LOT more than satanism does.

and i don't believe in religion, so don't think i'm a satanist based on those statements. i'm just trying to put a realistic angle on what you're talking about.
13.12.2007 - 15:35
RockeRoy
Written by b0000mst1ck on 13.12.2007 at 09:39

specialy the satanists because even though i think the people who belive the bible story's to be tru are fucked up! but they do no harm! Satanists on the other hand does!!

christians do no harm? christianity teaches more intolerance and closed-mindedness than satanism does. christianity also causes wars. and i'm pretty sure satanism hasn't, but correct me if i'm wrong. so, no...christians DO cause harm. a LOT more than satanism does.

and i don't believe in religion, so don't think i'm a satanist based on those statements. i'm just trying to put a realistic angle on what you're talking about
i know chritianity is the reasons for wars and so on, and i doubt satanism has started any wars(that would be funny though)
At least thats how it is in norway!

I diddn't mean it like that, i was thinking of singel persons! I know chritianity is the reasons for wars and so on, and i doubt satanism has started any wars(that would be funny though)
----

Walk with me in hell
13.12.2007 - 15:55
b0000mst1ck
Written by RockeRoy on 13.12.2007 at 15:35

Written by b0000mst1ck on 13.12.2007 at 09:39

and i don't believe in religion, so don't think i'm a satanist based on those statements. i'm just trying to put a realistic angle on what you're talking about
i know chritianity is the reasons for wars and so on, and i doubt satanism has started any wars(that would be funny though)

I diddn't mean it like that, i was thinking of singel persons! I know chritianity is the reasons for wars and so on, and i doubt satanism has started any wars(that would be funny though)

single persons? i'm not sure what you mean...
13.12.2007 - 16:14
RockeRoy
i mean if you take one christian person and one satanist i think the christian would be the nicest person! usualy!
----

Walk with me in hell
13.12.2007 - 16:49
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by RockeRoy on 13.12.2007 at 16:14

i mean if you take one christian person and one satanist i think the christian would be the nicest person! usualy!

lol, what a stupid thing to say. the religious views of a person, in case he/she's not a fanatic, do not determine whether or not the person is nice or not. it's only a stereotype that every christian is nice, kind and prays 24/7. and that satanists, or non christians are evil, rude and they like to torture.
----

13.12.2007 - 17:00
RockeRoy
thats not what i ment i have a little problem explaining to you exactly what i mean because my english is not very good, but when i talk about satanists i mean real satanists, and they are not good people, belive me i know!
----

Walk with me in hell
13.12.2007 - 18:21
Damnated
Churchburner
there are unreal satanists too? oO
----

13.12.2007 - 20:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 13.12.2007 at 18:21

there are unreal satanists too? oO

Hahhha yes all those grim faces who lsiten BM and had pentagrams ewery where and in end what thays ay fav bands HIM, CoF, ... I wnana laf about them ,
----

13.12.2007 - 20:56
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Real satanists are not good people, I'm telling this because I know a few people who are satanists, and I don't want to even know of them, let alone be their friend. And unreal satanists are just some sort of geeks, poor things with too much hatred... in fact, K7 said it all for me.
----
13.12.2007 - 22:39
Usvakorpi
Account deleted
I haven't read the satanic bible though so free feel to criticize if you have... But I've read many texts written by those who know better (and by those who don't) and IMO you can't say someone's a 'real' satanist and someone's an unreal satanist, because the latter isn't satanist, lol. It's so simple.

I think you can't say that satanists are evil either. They just don't need to obey the moral the others have. They decide the difference between acceptable and non-acceptable by themselves. If they feel that things which are 'evil' or 'wrong' helps them in some way they have no reason not to do such things. Most of ppl are still happy with the laws and rules in society and obey them for they have no reason to break them. And I believe most satanist obey them too. At least I haven't heard that satanists have made any more murders or such than the members of any other religions.

In that way it really depends on person, not the whole group.
14.12.2007 - 00:05
MetallicA
I agree with Usvakorpi here! She pretty much said it.

I've known a few Satanists and I used to be one (a few years back...I'm now just athiest) and when I was one, I considered myself an LaVey Satanist and I just followed the philosophy in the Satanic Bible. Basically all it said was that "you are your own god" and do whatever it takes to make yourself better, be it good or bad and feel free to indulge yourself in food or sex if desired. I also met someone who actually worshipped Satan and I must say, this guy was fucking wierd! I kinda avoided him after I knew what he was about...he wasn't breaking any laws but I could tell his thinking was way off.

The people I met (and myself) weren't criminals and for the most part, they were kind, especially this one particular guy; he is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. This goes for Christians, Jews and whoever else.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
14.12.2007 - 14:18
Sunioj

Really? Why is that?
14.12.2007 - 14:56
RockeRoy
Written by Sunioj on 14.12.2007 at 14:18

Really? Why is that?

Thats my opinion! and when i said that i mean the people who are real christians, good christians and real satanists! not a wannabe chrisitan or satanist
----

Walk with me in hell