Metal Storm logo
Satanism

Original post

Posted by Sunioj, 24.08.2006 - 16:14
Satanism, from contemporary individualism to the sub categories of MLO and left hand path...
Plain and simple, what do you all think about it?

Im curious to hear people share thoughts and ideas of this philosophy and let me start by saying that contemporary Satanism is very interesting since it focuses on building oneself spiritually.

Lets take an example like Jon Nodveidt's recent decision to end his life....
He killed himself and his band claims it was a ritual suicide, does this make his form of Satanism a religion because it has rituals or is MLO another form of interpreting Satanism?
13.08.2007 - 03:34
Sunioj
Written by Warman on 13.08.2007 at 03:06

I started reading The Satanic Bible some months ago. It enlighted me. I read it during a night and agreed on everything the black pope wrote. It was exactly what I needed in a time with many questions and the feeling of being all alone. After I read it I finally started accept myself, accept the world. I love myself. I do not go anywhere without the sigil of Baphomet around my neck.
I love my sister and that's why I chose to be there during her confirmation not so long ago. And I sat there in church surrounded by people who had their finest clothes on. I had my torned jeans, my denim jacket (with the backpatch showing a large inverted cross surrounded by 666 and the words "Dissection: Anti-Cosmic - Metal of Death"), Baphomet necklace, Baphomet ring and earphones in my ears listening to Opeth (Blackwater Park actually)! People looked at me and I just smiled.

I'll unbaptize myself someday.

I gave a copy of The Satanic Bible to my best friend and he has joined me. I feel closer to him than ever before. LaVey has given me self-respect and a confidence like never before. To actually feel that I'm worth something, that I'm worth more than anyone else is a refreshing feeling. I am a God, I'm a satanist and I am fucking proud of it!

Im happy that you found strength in yourself...that is the thing I never found in the Abrahamic god, because you have to submit your life to a force that may or may not damn you for a sin you might of never even remembered. Reading the pillars of satanism really opened my mind to think of something I would've never dared ( out of fear ) and it gave me the confidence and the pride I need to get me through very tough times as well...and I have to thank Satanism for that.
14.08.2007 - 19:57
NECURATU
Call me mr. knuckles but mr. satan and mr. god are one and the same thing, and so is the whole religion/philosophy surrounding them. No offence Warman, but the "I'll unbaptize myself" part was darn funny. It's like you're chaning skin, but the core is still the same!

Right now I was considering saying that the first superhuman will be the being capable of rejecting any system of beliefs/philosophy of life but I guess that believing in nothing still means believing in something so I end up with a big contradiction and the conclusion that such a rejection would only be possible living by instinct alone (like any other animal) and forfeting rational thinking that is one of the things which makes us humans.

That doesn't mean ANY system of beliefs isn't the same thing with different colors to me. I must agree that the little I know about satanism does make it more appealing than christianism (we can have sex before marriage dear !!) but I prefer not so submit myself to anything. I've got the system to fuck the system
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
14.08.2007 - 20:56
Basso
Account deleted

I love my sister and that's why I chose to be there during her confirmation not so long ago. And I sat there in church surrounded by people who had their finest clothes on. I had my torned jeans, my denim jacket (with the backpatch showing a large inverted cross surrounded by 666 and the words "Dissection: Anti-Cosmic - Metal of Death"), Baphomet necklace, Baphomet ring and earphones in my ears listening to Opeth (Blackwater Park actually)! People looked at me and I just smiled.

I'll unbaptize myself someday.

Wow, I didnt even enter the church (or leave my bed for that matter) on my brothers confirmation. It had nothing to do with me loving or hating my brother, its just that I didnt want to go to church, simple as that. I am confirmed myself, which brings me to why I quoted your baptizism line.

I decided to confirm myself since I moved to this area the same year the confirmation was active, thus I did it to get to know some people that didnt go to my school etc.(almost all confirmed themselves here, and zero stay in church after it lol). It was during my confirmation my disgust for christianity grew, but I just kept going since I knew I would get money as present when I finally got confirmed so I could by myself my own computer And I finished it... In disgust Well my point is:

I'll unconfirm myself someday
and while at it I'll unbaptize myself someday.

25.09.2007 - 19:49
?Master?
Account deleted
i dont kno
i wouldnt take part in anything satanic
unless i knew i was gonna get some kikass powers or some shit
cause regardless im going to hell
might as well go on lucifers side
haha
26.09.2007 - 01:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Here it goes:

About firts part, deeply sorry man, i know how it feals , realy know, ... and Im depresed since 14 too moustly thinking about life and death, paradise and hell, this world, otherside, and so on my life isnt like it shood be, but ... secend part
Dont blame God to it, blame Satan, he use it to take your soul but moust ebil think are love, realationships, kids and so on, thats a reason why I never will belive in lov, but about satanistic thinks its not usefull sacrifice your life, ... man if you had been werry close to death or almoust ath you wold understrand me what i try to say
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.09.2007 - 02:48
Sunioj
Written by NECURATU on 14.08.2007 at 19:57

Call me mr. knuckles but mr. satan and mr. god are one and the same thing, and so is the whole religion/philosophy surrounding them.

Right now I was considering saying that the first superhuman will be the being capable of rejecting any system of beliefs/philosophy of life but I guess that believing in nothing still means believing in something so I end up with a big contradiction and the conclusion that such a rejection would only be possible living by instinct alone (like any other animal) and forfeting rational thinking that is one of the things which makes us humans.

That doesn't mean ANY system of beliefs isn't the same thing with different colors to me. I must agree that the little I know about satanism does make it more appealing than christianism (we can have sex before marriage dear !!) but I prefer not so submit myself to anything. I've got the system to fuck the system

Well, the SYMBOLS are definetly derived from the imagry of Satan resisting God's might. And the imagry of lucifer is also synanomous with the Morning Star ( mentioned in the bible ) which is synanomous with Babylon, with strength and mystery, also will have you know that Babylon was the Israelities enemy and commonly condemned for their ungodly beliefs. But its debatable, since pagans had the upright pentacle first, which usually leads to me notice a stolen and bastardized icon.

Hah, I know how you feel in your second post. The idea of rejection is common to alot of philosophies, but thats why its even more valid IMO. Even if in the end, you do not submit to the beliefs and ideas that Satanism projects, at least it made you think of the possibility of that theory or even completely reject it. We must question everything, and that alone is a large part of curious human nature. Thats what Satanism acknowledges. But its also about bringing the best out of the chaos of ones human nature, and controlling yourself.

@k7
Warman cannot blame Satan or God for the things that happenned in his life, those figures are merely a symbol of defiance and self liberty.
26.09.2007 - 13:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Sunioj on 26.09.2007 at 02:48

Written by NECURATU on 14.08.2007 at 19:57

@k7
Warman cannot blame Satan or God for the things that happenned in his life, he is merely a symbol of definace and self liberty.

but I never had blamed God for such thinks, if it hepen it shood hepened, more blame are destiny
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.09.2007 - 14:21
Sunioj
@K7

Quote:
but ... secend part
Dont blame God to it, blame Satan, he use it to take your soul

This is what you said. As you can see, I get the impression that you are telling Warman to blame Satan for the bad things that have occurred in his life. However, if you read his ( Warman ) post in full you would see that he said this:

Quote:
Or should I say blamed since I no longer believe in the christian god.

And if you know anything about the Church of Satan and their beliefs, you would know that Satan is a SYMBOL. Lavey Satanism. Which means, that Satan and God is non existant to him, This might help you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism

If I interpreted you wrongly, then I ask pardon.

I don't really believe in destiny, or that my path is already set for me waiting for events to occur. I believe that we all have the power to shift our fates in life even if it means, doing something extreme or releasing yourself from an oppressive power. Even being reborn into a new set of beliefs can make you feel like your fate has been reclaimed, but one still to has reflect on themselves and make a real effort in order to change your fate.
26.09.2007 - 16:52
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 26.09.2007 at 01:52

About firts part, deeply sorry man, i know how it feals , realy know, ... and Im depresed since 14 too moustly thinking about life and death, paradise and hell, this world, otherside, and so on my life isnt like it shood be, but ... secend part
Dont blame God to it, blame Satan, he use it to take your soul but moust ebil think are love, realationships, kids and so on, thats a reason why I never will belive in lov, but about satanistic thinks its not usefull sacrifice your life, ... man if you had been werry close to death or almoust ath you wold understrand me what i try to say

As I said, I don't blame god. Since he didn't help me at all I do not longer believe in him.
----
26.09.2007 - 20:58
Damnated
Churchburner
how can you un-baptize your self?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
26.09.2007 - 23:48
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Damnated on 26.09.2007 at 20:58

By dunking your head in a pool filled with the blood of a thousand virgins. Duh!
----
The force will be with you, always.
27.09.2007 - 04:01
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Written by Clintagräm on 26.09.2007 at 23:48

By dunking your head in a pool filled with the blood of a thousand virgins. Duh!

ROFL.

Well...

Anyone with a literal deistic belief (in satan or god) is either a moron or a pussy. Let me explain my logic:

Case no. 1: You are a moron. You believe in an actual creature that is watching over you and points a finger at you from miles away and orders you about, more or less. That is mythology. Paganism, Norse Mythology, Satanism (not LaVeyan, which is different; I will get to that later on), Greek mythology, Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Shintoism, mormon--it's all the same! All fucking mythology! People who believe in it blindly simply because they grew up with it and can't think AT ALL for themselves are STUPID.

Case no. 2: You are a pussy. You are insecure and don't feel that you can face life on your own, so you turn to a deity of some kind; a "parent figure", if you will, that tells you what to do, what is right, what is wrong, etc, because you don't feel up to the responsibilities of living your own life. You are scared. You need to get a grip and cut the shit, and stop being a pussy! You don't need to rely on anyone but yourself!

Now that that's been said, I will move on to LaVeyan Satanism- NOT a religion, despite the existence of the "church of satan", but more a philosophy. LaVeyan Satanism does not encourage a literal deistic belief or worship of any kind, nor does it encourage violence and/or evil behavior. It simply uses "satan" as a METAPHOR FOR HUMAN NATURE. That is the key. It contradicts the bible, (which IMO isn't necessary, seeing as the bible contradicts itself constantly and consistently throughout) and MAKES SENSE. LaVey feels Satanism is about LEAVING BEHIND ALL THE MYTHOLOGY, although he uses plenty of it metaphorically, and living out your feelings, without thinking it's a sin. LaVeyan Satanists have no tolerance for stupidity, including Christians AS WELL as literal satan-worshippers.

People are INCREDIBLY stupid in this world. They will believe virtually anything. Considering ancient greeks primitive for believing in Zeus is hypocritical if you have a literal deistic belief in God; it's the same damn thing. LaVey realized this, and created this whole ideology based on it, and opened up an area of acceptance for people like me, who realize how fucked up the human race is.
27.09.2007 - 04:44
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by [user id=26018] on 27.09.2007 at 04:01

Written by Clintagräm on 26.09.2007 at 23:48

ROFL.

Well...

Anyone with a literal deistic belief (in satan or god) is either a moron or a pussy. Let me explain my logic:

Case no. 1: You are a moron. You believe in an actual creature that is watching over you and points a finger at you from miles away and orders you about, more or less. That is mythology. Paganism, Norse Mythology, Satanism (not LaVeyan, which is different; I will get to that later on), Greek mythology, Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Shintoism, mormon--it's all the same! All fucking mythology! People who believe in it blindly simply because they grew up with it and can't think AT ALL for themselves are STUPID.

Case no. 2: You are a pussy. You are insecure and don't feel that you can face life on your own, so you turn to a deity of some kind; a "parent figure", if you will, that tells you what to do, what is right, what is wrong, etc, because you don't feel up to the responsibilities of living your own life. You are scared. You need to get a grip and cut the shit, and stop being a pussy! You don't need to rely on anyone but yourself!

Now that that's been said, I will move on to LaVeyan Satanism- NOT a religion, despite the existence of the "church of satan", but more a philosophy. LaVeyan Satanism does not encourage a literal deistic belief or worship of any kind, nor does it encourage violence and/or evil behavior. It simply uses "satan" as a METAPHOR FOR HUMAN NATURE. That is the key. It contradicts the bible, (which IMO isn't necessary, seeing as the bible contradicts itself constantly and consistently throughout) and MAKES SENSE. LaVey feels Satanism is about LEAVING BEHIND ALL THE MYTHOLOGY, although he uses plenty of it metaphorically, and living out your feelings, without thinking it's a sin. LaVeyan Satanists have no tolerance for stupidity, including Christians AS WELL as literal satan-worshippers.

People are INCREDIBLY stupid in this world. They will believe virtually anything. Considering ancient greeks primitive for believing in Zeus is hypocritical if you have a literal deistic belief in God; it's the same damn thing. LaVey realized this, and created this whole ideology based on it, and opened up an area of acceptance for people like me, who realize how fucked up the human race is.

Well, usually I would say that most of this is an ignorant statement, as nothing can be determined for certain, whether something is real or not, but I'll bypass that and agree with you on people hypocritically calling Greek, Roman, Norse, and other people's beliefs "mythology." I never saw the difference in that. I mean, what's so more believable about an apocalypse as described in the New Testament and Ragnarok? I don't agree with you on the whole moron, pussy thing, as that can be a wide argument, but I do agree with you on the mentioned statement.

Anyway, sorry for being off topic, but it's incredibly hard not to. Oh well.
----
28.09.2007 - 15:06
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Warman the last stanza ov that story was actually very inspiring , though I am not Satanist, I feel it has slightly more to offeer than Christianity. Stay strong man.
08.10.2007 - 22:18
Woutjinho
Account deleted
satan is just another figure no one has ever seen. people have seen him in their dreams, but thats fake.
I had dreams about Nikki Next Door, I'm not starting religion about her. (eventhough she is real. I'm not sure about her boobs though)
I think the story was taken way to seriously. luckily people dont take Lord Of The Rings that serious, otherwise it would have been a REAL mess around here
09.10.2007 - 05:52
juliocb
mmm..satan

Satan= the dark side of god

I have nothing further to say..
----
http://www.ballade.no/nmi.nsf/pic/carpatian_forest_01/$file/carpatian_forest_01.jpg
14.10.2007 - 03:35
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by juliocb on 09.10.2007 at 05:52

How do you figure? They are two different entities. Do you have some reason for believing it, or are you just spouting inane comments?
----
(space for rent)
14.10.2007 - 04:36
juliocb
Written by Dane Train on 14.10.2007 at 03:35

Written by juliocb on 09.10.2007 at 05:52

How do you figure? They are two different entities. Do you have some reason for believing it, or are you just spouting inane comments?

It is believed that god created everything, including Satan. Satan involves everything which god prohibits us to do, but he created it. He is the other side of the coin. What's the point of creating something that will do what you don't want to do. Satan is everything god doesn't like, so its his own unlikeness. Besides, why did he created it?, was it a mistake?, if that's so, god supposedly doesn'r make mistakes..
----
http://www.ballade.no/nmi.nsf/pic/carpatian_forest_01/$file/carpatian_forest_01.jpg
14.10.2007 - 04:48
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by juliocb on 14.10.2007 at 04:36

It is believed that god created everything, including Satan. Satan involves everything which god prohibits us to do, but he created it. He is the other side of the coin. What's the point of creating something that will do what you don't want to do. Satan is everything god doesn't like, so its his own unlikeness. Besides, why did he created it?, was it a mistake?, if that's so, god supposedly doesn'r make mistakes..

You bring up some good questions. The full nature of Satan is not known to humans, and probably for good reasons. What we do know is that God created Lucifer, who was an Angel. Lucifer rebelled against the Kingdom and was cast out.

But to say that Lucifer is the other side of the coin, I would disagree with. God is far more powerful than any and all the devils combined.

You bring up some good questions. The full nature of Satan is not know to humans, and probably for good reasons. What we do know is that God created Lucifer, who was an Angel.
----
(space for rent)
15.10.2007 - 12:51
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Dane Train on 14.10.2007 at 04:48

Written by juliocb on 14.10.2007 at 04:36

You bring up some good questions. The full nature of Satan is not known to humans, and probably for good reasons. What we do know is that God created Lucifer, who was an Angel. Lucifer rebelled against the Kingdom and was cast out.

But to say that Lucifer is the other side of the coin, I would disagree with. God is far more powerful than any and all the devils combined.

You bring up some good questions. The full nature of Satan is not know to humans, and probably for good reasons. What we do know is that God created Lucifer, who was an Angel.

you say it like it really happened.
please do not to unless you have prove
16.10.2007 - 02:49
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by [user id=26136] on 15.10.2007 at 12:51

Why not? What if I believe and have faith that it did? You have no more proof that it didn't than I do that it did.
----
(space for rent)
16.10.2007 - 06:18
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Dane Train on 16.10.2007 at 02:49

Why not? What if I believe and have faith that it did? You have no more proof that it didn't than I do that it did.

Oh gawd! Harold! The kids awe fighting again!
----
16.10.2007 - 08:33
Stephen Hunley
Account deleted
LeVeyan Satanism is a joke. Read Atlas Shrugged and Thus Spoke Zarathustra and you will see that Levey is just knocking off much older philosophies from the likes of Ayn Rand, Neitzche etc.

Objectivism (As explored in Atlas Shrugged and The fountainhead)
An exercise in egotistic integrity which I am a semi-believer in.
Like John Galt I try to stick to my own benefits rather than constant altruism

Satanism (As explored in The Satanic Bible and The Satanic Ritual's published nearly two decades after the pioneering Objectivist manifesto's)
"Do what thou wilt"

Sound similar? Now which one sounds less silly?

Luciferian values are beneficial ones but don't follow a non-profit organization like The church of Satan because of that!
16.10.2007 - 16:04
Woutjinho
Account deleted

scientists proved the stories in the bible were false\
the church denied

religion doesnt believe truth scientists bring. but therefore its faith. I'm not insulting you though, I wouldnt dare, otherwise your god will surely punish me wont he?
16.10.2007 - 16:15
Sunioj
Written by [user id=18955] on 16.10.2007 at 08:33

LeVeyan Satanism is a joke. Read Atlas Shrugged and Thus Spoke Zarathustra and you will see that Levey is just knocking off much older philosophies from the likes of Ayn Rand, Neitzche etc.

Satanism (As explored in The Satanic Bible and The Satanic Ritual's published nearly two decades after the pioneering Objectivist manifesto's)
"Do what thou wilt"

Luciferian values are beneficial ones but don't follow a non-profit organization like The church of Satan because of that!

I agree with you. Laveyan Satanism echoes alot of characteristics which were already discussed philosophically before Lavey. Anyone should know that. Luciferian values? That Lucifer is the master of the material world?Or that he is the symbol of Self Evolution?

'Do what thou wilt, that is the law of Thelema' one of my favorite phrases.
17.10.2007 - 03:41
Stephen Hunley
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 16.10.2007 at 16:15

Written by [user id=18955] on 16.10.2007 at 08:33

"Do what thou wilt"

Luciferian values? That Lucifer is the master of the material world?Or that he is the symbol of Self Evolution?

What I really meant was questioning authority. Especially executive authority.

17.10.2007 - 12:18
m3ta1he4d
I'm an atheist. I just do good things, and I avoid evil..
17.10.2007 - 13:30
Hyvaarin

It's pretty hard to prove something didn't happen.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
17.10.2007 - 13:52
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Hyvaarin on 17.10.2007 at 13:30

It's pretty hard to prove something didn't happen.

indeed. religion tell people what happened without any prove
and they tell the atheists that we cant prove it didnt happen... cowards
18.10.2007 - 01:37
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by [user id=26136] on 17.10.2007 at 13:52

indeed. religion tell people what happened without any prove
and they tell the atheists that we cant prove it didnt happen... cowards

What about historical truths found in religious text?
----
(space for rent)