Metal Storm logo
Sonata Arctica

Original post

Posted by SteTech, 19.05.2006 - 18:33
I couldn't help noticed there wasn't a thread for Sonata yet. They're one of my favourite bands, and I just got their new live DVD today. Watched it, and loved it! I have all the albums as well, with my fave's being Ecliptica and Reckoning Night. Winterheart's Guild is good, but for me, Silence just lacks the magic of the other albums. I know a lot of Sonata fans will argue that Silence is their best and all that shit, but I fail to see what you lot see in it. I'm not saying it's bad, just not their best
17.04.2009 - 16:25
Janne
Hugin
Written by Zelse on 17.04.2009 at 15:56

Written by Fhuesc on 17.04.2009 at 07:17

2 friends told me that Caleb, The End Of This Chapter and Don't Say A Word, are parts of the same story, so i went to the Trivia section, but there wasn't any info. So i google it and found some forums that discuss this, but in none of them, there's a solid proof about this. Certanly the songs could be connected, but do someone here has a proof of this, like a statement of any member or something like that?

As far as I know, the songs are connected because they tell the story of a rather mentally disturbed man who turns out to be a stalker or something. Can't remember the specifics of it, but that's the basic gist of it. The first song of them would be Caleb, followed by Don't Say A Word, then The End of This Chapter, I think.

Interesting! I haven't heard about it yet. I'll ask my Sonata expert friends
----

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
17.04.2009 - 17:45
Zelse
Yea. Listen to the songs and something might click; the dialogue at the beginnings of TEOTC and Caleb are pretty big hints.
18.04.2009 - 04:40
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
I can understand that The End of This Chapter and Caleb are connected somehow, but Don't Say A Word? That dosen't seem right O_o
18.04.2009 - 04:52
Zelse
Http://metal-archives.com/release.php?id=48458

Think about the lyrics, there's definitely a story there
18.04.2009 - 10:26
Fhuesc
From what i was told, Caleb is the childhood is this stalker, Don't Say A Word is when the stalker knows this girl/woman, and The End Of This Chapter is when he kills her. Lyrics kinda fit with this, but that is why i wanted to know if you had some more info.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
18.04.2009 - 18:04
Melodeath Master
Written by Fhuesc on 18.04.2009 at 10:26

From what i was told, Caleb is the childhood is this stalker, Don't Say A Word is when the stalker knows this girl/woman, and The End Of This Chapter is when he kills her. Lyrics kinda fit with this, but that is why i wanted to know if you had some more info.

Okay, yeah, the picture is getting clearer now! It definatly fits with the lyrics of mentioned songs.
18.04.2009 - 19:18
Zelse
I know there was some stuff on the official website (sonataarctica.info) about it but I can't seem to find it anymore.
18.04.2009 - 20:05
BRJ Events
It Wont Fade
----
www.myspace.com/brjevents
20.04.2009 - 09:18
Eeric
Account deleted

I don't think Caleb has anything to do with Don't say a word and end of this chapter.
I remember that tony said at some interview a couple years ago, how Don't say a word and The end of this chapter are linked.
20.04.2009 - 10:08
LostSoul
Written by [user id=35853] on 20.04.2009 at 09:18

I don't think Caleb has anything to do with Don't say a word and end of this chapter.
I remember that tony said at some interview a couple years ago, how Don't say a word and The end of this chapter are linked.

at the gig of tavastia in finland Tony said Don't say a word and The end of this chapter are linked together and the story continues in them. Should check the tape again and see what he said about them. But I have never read nor heard anywhere that Caled would have anything to do with those two. Send them email and ask?
----
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...
A true friend will be sitting next to you saying "Damn... we fucked up"
20.04.2009 - 19:07
Zelse
The End of This Chapter and Don't Say A Word are indeed connected and are about a man stalking a woman. Caleb is the name of the man and the dialogue at the beginning of the song hints to this as well - "you may know his tragedy, the later years, by heart" refers to the other songs, specifically The End of This Chapter.
21.04.2009 - 09:31
Eeric
Account deleted
Heh, ok. I believe you
That interview which I know those things is like really old so...
23.04.2009 - 00:30
Lioncourt
I think it is dead obvious that three songs are connected, but this might assure some of you:

"And the Stalker we know as Caleb returns to meet his maker...or let..s see how that one turns out. "
Taken from Kakko's blog.

O.K. That did not assure shit, but it might have given news about the upcoming album to some of you.
----

Think twice before you buy furr! http://www.strasbourgcurieux.com/fourrure/
23.04.2009 - 01:25
Zelse
I completely forgot that Tony writes in his blog. Just checked it out and I can't wait to hear more news about it. Really eager to hear anything new from these guys, even though Unia was much more experimental, everything these guys do is fresh and enjoyable to listen to.
23.04.2009 - 03:21
Fhuesc
Written by Lioncourt on 23.04.2009 at 00:30

"And the Stalker we know as Caleb returns to meet his maker...or let..s see how that one turns out. "
Taken from Kakko's blog.

Thank u, this is the kinda info i was looking for
----
Until victory, always!
12.07.2009 - 02:34
Janne
Hugin
Compare these two pictures. The first is the new Sonata cover art, the other is the cover art of Vendetta by Celesty.
Don't you think these pics are very similar? imo they are almost the same..

----

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
12.07.2009 - 07:42
Zelse
I thought the same thing when I saw that. Bizarre how similar they are... nonetheless, I can't wait for the new album.
12.07.2009 - 08:26
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I guess they have the same color concept and the same concept of nature...and the same layout...
12.07.2009 - 13:48
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Neither of those cover arts are that great imo
but yes, they are ridiculously similar o0 well spotted
----
loves 小巫
12.07.2009 - 18:16
MeloDeathViking
Yeah, wow, they're almost identical! That's just ridiculous
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
12.07.2009 - 23:35
Melodeath Master
Perhaps the same artist drew them?
24.07.2009 - 19:57
Nah, the simple fact is that everyone wants a piece of how awesome Sonata is so they do what they can to be like them.
----
- Wrainth
24.07.2009 - 20:18
Zelse
But that would mean Celesty would have had to time travel into the future

fuuuuuuck
24.07.2009 - 21:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Zelse on 24.07.2009 at 20:18

someone should be desperate to imitate godly Sonata...you didnt knew that?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

25.07.2009 - 18:23
Janne
Hugin
Written by Zelse on 24.07.2009 at 20:18

fuuuuuuck

then they did it.. Sonata is sacrosanct xD
----

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
26.07.2009 - 10:33
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Janne on 12.07.2009 at 02:34

Compare these two pictures. The first is the new Sonata cover art, the other is the cover art of Vendetta by Celesty.

The colours are the same and some of the contents are a like but the same it's not at all
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
26.07.2009 - 12:00
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by GT on 26.07.2009 at 10:33

The colours are the same and some of the contents are a like but the same it's not at all

yes, it isnt same...it is mirrored
----

26.07.2009 - 23:08
Fhuesc
Written by GT on 26.07.2009 at 10:33

Written by Janne on 12.07.2009 at 02:34

Agree, there are too many differences between these covers
----
Until victory, always!
27.07.2009 - 00:53
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Hopefully is will be as good as Unia...I love the cover art and don't care that it has some slight similarities with Celesty's artwork for their new one...
27.07.2009 - 02:13
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Some people say Unia is quite poor album...
----