Original post

Posted by Damnated, 14.07.2006 - 01:52
Mine is Gnarls Barkley - Crazy, Norah Jones - Don't Know Why
10.10.2008 - 07:39
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Dark Blood on 10.10.2008 at 06:21

Written by Uirapuru on 10.10.2008 at 00:50

hehe.. to me even old Dragon Ball and Yuyu Hakusho songs are nostalgic.. i have to download it all again. So many series with great soundtracks: Hellsing, Last Exile and the Gundam's.

Yeah.. and Evangelion they're great. All good ost's you mentioned. One of the best composers I've heard was Yuki something (I don't remeber her last name..). She had a band called See-Saw and did some ost's like Noir and Hack Sign. Great music.

See-Saw, i know this band, the girl who sings has a beautiful voice. I really dont remember them in Noir but i remember they have made the first ending of Gundam Seed (another series with great soundtrack).
Its weird that such renomade animes like Naruto doesnt have a descent collection of ost's.. Berserk, one of my favorites, also sucks at this query the opening of Berserk is horrible.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
10.10.2008 - 12:26
SepulchreUK
Account deleted
Chase & Status featuring Plan B = Pieces. Awesome Jump Up style Drum N Bass!
13.10.2008 - 13:57
Ernis
狼獾
Dunno why but the song "Pokka" by an S-rock singer Irina is relatively catchy...discovered it yesterday and it's now playing all the time....
17.10.2008 - 13:10
Yossarian
Portishead "Roads". Try to find it and you will know why. Also "Selling out" from Senser.
17.10.2008 - 13:11
Yossarian
Senser album that includes that song is "Asylum". Please do not try to listen any other Senser album...it is pop-rap.
19.10.2008 - 22:59
Abattoir
Staff
Katy Perry - I Kissed A Girl

O yea, this song is amazing especially the remix heh
25.10.2008 - 00:21
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Better together - jack johnson
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
26.10.2008 - 18:38
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
I like the song 'the con' by tegan and sara...its very catchy like soft rockish its good
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
27.10.2008 - 00:50
Warman
Erotic Stains
"Viva la Vida" by Coldplay. I know it's a rock band but since this is a type of rock I never listen to or rarely like I had to put it here. This is a really good song with an awesome video... ehhmm... thanks... (I don't wanna say it)... MTV...
----
27.10.2008 - 01:18
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Hey, I think Coldplay are a good band. I liked them since their first album.. Trouble is a great song IMO.
I also like almost everything by Cranberries and U2.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
03.11.2008 - 16:04
Graveheart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ITv4OBV9c

I'm currently going through a phase I'd like to call a nostalgic trip back to the early-mid 90s. The song I linked there above used to be one of my favorites back then and I hadn't heard it for about ten years or even thought about it for at least five years, not until yesterday. It's one of those songs you constantly bumped into while watching MTV as a kid and when something else was on you just wished they played it again soon. Well thanks to Youtube it's easy to return to those memories now but it's also a little "too" easy, because whatever you're into these days is always available and as you don't get a chance to "miss" those songs the same way like you used to I see there might be some serious damage on their sentimental value. Kids these days hardly get to experience such emotional attachments on music because of that, not to mention how the mainstream has generally turned for the worse as years have passed. Can it all be in my head or why can't I see any 21st century equivalents of, for example, Losing My Religion by R.E.M, Zombie by the Cranberries, Lemon Tree by Fool's Garden, Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm by Crash Test Dummies or Cornflake Girl by Tori Amos (and Scatman John of course ) in today's mainstream? Damn, even the music videos are lacking that particular warm atmosphere that went hand in hand with the music. I'm sorry about the lengthy rant, but is there anyone else in their twenties or older with me on this one?

While I'm at it I guess I'll have to form a band and break through into success with a hit song called "Ninety-four, Ninety-five" as a tribute to the Connells.
11.11.2008 - 05:51
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Accessory - Deadline
Electro from Germany
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
13.11.2008 - 04:13
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson...I'm not ashamed anymore to say he is brilliant...this song is good kinda 80's but anything 80's I generally like heh

ooo and I like Billy Idol - Hot In The City, purely for the fact its the song playing in the film 'Big' when they stick their heads outta the limo after the party at work...and drive around the city hehe
----
13.11.2008 - 15:45
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Necrogeddon on 13.11.2008 at 04:13

Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson...I'm not ashamed anymore to say he is brilliant...this song is good kinda 80's but anything 80's I generally like heh

man, i hate it when people think that saying you like his music is like coming out of a closet LOL... he is a brilliant songwriter, the best pop music musician in the last 2-3 decades. today's shit is MILES behind his music.
13.11.2008 - 16:46
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
Written by Valentin B on 13.11.2008 at 15:45

Written by Necrogeddon on 13.11.2008 at 04:13

man, i hate it when people think that saying you like his music is like coming out of a closet LOL... he is a brilliant songwriter, the best pop music musician in the last 2-3 decades. today's shit is MILES behind his music.

i agree with you there, pop music now is just so bad...
----
25.11.2008 - 14:33
Valentin B
Iconoclast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXmlJQN5Pm8

one of my favorite songs/videos in history. pure erotic eye candy.
25.11.2008 - 23:02
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 25.11.2008 at 14:33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXmlJQN5Pm8

one of my favorite songs/videos in history. pure erotic eye candy.

yeah i love that song. his voice is great.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.11.2008 - 03:54
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
King by UB40...brillo white reggae from Birmingham!
----
26.11.2008 - 09:00
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...angelmoon - he's all i want

it takes me back to high school & my first love lol
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
29.11.2008 - 09:30
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Voodoo People by Pendulum. originally by The Prodigy, Pendulum remixed it and made it 15 times better. give it a listen if you like really fast, really epic drum n bass.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
29.11.2008 - 12:24
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
The Rasmus - Livin' In A World Without You
Katy Perry - Hot N Cold - I just adore this chick, she totally rocked my world with being something different on the pop scene
Robbie Williams - Feel
Madonna - Jump
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
29.11.2008 - 13:19
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by AnGina-- on 29.11.2008 at 12:24

Katy Perry - Hot N Cold - I just adore this chick, she totally rocked my world with being something different

Another good thing is that she is, oh shes SO HOT hehe
----
Coldgrits
29.11.2008 - 14:21
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
All i want for christmas is you - mariah carey....tis nearly christmas, this always gets me in the mood
----
01.12.2008 - 02:02
I don't know if it's my favorite, but i've been listening to The Myriad a lot lately and enjoy the song You Waste Time Like a Grandfather Clock.
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
01.12.2008 - 04:46
Black Mass
Dammit - Blink 182: Reminds me of years 10 and 11 at school, hanging out with my best mates.
Santa Monica - Everclear: Cos I can't fucking wait to go to California!
Skinny Love - Bon Iver: Good song to cry to!
This Years Love - David Gray: same reason as above
Bitch Betta Have My Money - AMG: good for a laugh (I think its AMG I could be wrong though...)
30.12.2008 - 19:32
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Elijah on 14.07.2006 at 02:39

Chris de Burgh - Spanish Train

I love the lyrics more then the actual music, but it's still an all around ace song.

dude yes, i've known this song through my dad when i was a kid, it used to give me chills haha.
spot on about the lyrics, very inspiring.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
30.12.2008 - 19:41
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Shoot Out The Lights - Richard Thompson
anyone a fan of this guy ? i find that song really soothing and deep at the same time. He has a really good voice and his guitar playing style is quite unique also.

Where Is This Dream Of Your Youth - The Strawbs
very catchy verse and chorus and there's this huge keyboard solo that covers up most of the song, it's insane ... and i thought Janne Warman from Bodom was the man for the keys.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
30.12.2008 - 20:47
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Black Mass on 01.12.2008 at 04:46

Dammit - Blink 182: Reminds me of years 10 and 11 at school, hanging out with my best mates.

Gosh, that song is great, and the videoclip is brilliant too, as others clips by them.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
31.12.2008 - 01:45
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Russian National Anthem

heard it on youtube performed by Therion live...great one...and "versions" with big russian army choirs are nice too
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

01.01.2009 - 17:20
grey_gecko
DNR by Testament.....absolutely crushing