Written by grey_gecko on 01.01.2009 at 17:20

DNR by Testament.....absolutely crushing

Dude at least read the word in brackets of the thread's title
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
01.01.2009 - 18:10
grey_gecko
Lol, and there i was wondering why everybody's favs were non metal...
02.01.2009 - 06:57
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Mmm Last of a Dying Breed by Ludacris has been crushing my downstairs neighbor's ceiling for awhile now. msot of the tracks from Immortal Technique's new album are fuckin legit too.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
04.01.2009 - 18:33
Remus
"7 things i hate about you" from Miley Cyrus of course! Man it's SO catchy!

Others would be:

- Katy Perry (Lord have mercy, check those thighs!) "Hot'n'Cold"
- Lady Gaga - "Poker Face"
- Kanye West - "Love Lockdown"

It must be mentioned that i like the above songs 'cause the videos are just so awesome!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
08.01.2009 - 05:45
Metal_Militia
//Jockey Full of Bourbon- Tom Waits/ Who Needs the Peace Corpse?- Frank Zappa//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

09.01.2009 - 21:27
Hellkommando
Let it be - Nick Cave
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
13.01.2009 - 17:43
Torelli
I have listen to the song Suna No Oshiro by Kanon Wakeshima for a while now, it has been stucked in my head. Mana really knew what he was doing when he co-operated with this girl!
17.01.2009 - 16:11
Graveheart
Kate Covington - Rose of May

Damn, I love Youtube sometimes. My buddy is a big fan of the Final Fantasy video game series (especially FFIX) and he's very obsessed with Nobuo Uematsu's music. Long ago he managed to get me a little hooked on it too and I still remember this particularly gorgeous song. So yesterday I wondered if anyone has uploaded their own guitar arrangements of it on Youtube and possibly provided some tabulature to go with it. As I found a few videos I glanced over to the related clips list and this treasure was waiting for me there. Kate Covington has written her own wonderful lyrics and arranged them around the song melody (not just any random lyrics, they're related to what's happening in the game), recorded the whole thing with several background instruments and the result is of professional quality, far superior to anything you'd ever expect of an amateur musician on Youtube. Highly recommended if you're into video game music and/or singer-songwriter pop and if you believe in their beautiful unison. Hell, myself I've never even played the game and this impressed me more than any song has done in a long while.

And I'm still working on playing this on the guitar.
19.01.2009 - 01:31
Remus
Written by Ernis on 01.01.2009 at 16:34

but that red-headed/blonde Persian lady Noosh Afarin's song "Aisti aisti" has got me somehow....

Dude i googled it and she doesn't have such a song.Could you please tell me the correct title of the song you're thinking of? I myself LOVE boomshakalaka arabic songs

Like, da chicks are usually hot! Like that lebanese chick - Haifa Wehbe

On topic:

Current fav would be the Pussycat Dolls' "I hate this part". Nice video

EDIT: never mind, i found it, but thanks anyway
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
19.01.2009 - 13:58
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Remus on 19.01.2009 at 01:31

Written by Ernis on 01.01.2009 at 16:34

but that red-headed/blonde Persian lady Noosh Afarin's song "Aisti aisti" has got me somehow....

Dude i googled it and she doesn't have such a song.Could you please tell me the correct title of the song you're thinking of? I myself LOVE boomshakalaka arabic songs

Like, da chicks are usually hot! Like that lebanese chick - Haifa Wehbe

On topic:

Current fav would be the Pussycat Dolls' "I hate this part". Nice video

EDIT: never mind, i found it, but thanks anyway

Google Nooshafarin Ashti ashti...
I wrote the title according to the Irish orthography rules.....
19.01.2009 - 19:53
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Ernis on 19.01.2009 at 13:58

Google Nooshafarin Ashti ashti...
I wrote the title according to the Irish orthography rules.....

Dude, that really surprised me.. I would think about anything but her being discussed here..
I recommend you, if you're interested in music of middle-east, to listen to Haydeh. I like her voice, although I listen to Iranian artists rarely. But her voice in history of Persian music is on top.. She rests in peace..
19.01.2009 - 20:16
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Hamird on 19.01.2009 at 19:53

Dude, that really surprised me.. I would think about anything but her being discussed here..
I recommend you, if you're interested in music of middle-east, to listen to Haydeh. I like her voice, although I listen to Iranian artists rarely. But her voice in history of Persian music is on top.. She rests in peace..

تشکر!
She's does sing good....altho, in fact, as I once said...I never liked Middle-Eastern music....I never liked the sound of Arabic language and I always found it annoying when Turkish and Persian singers often also distort their vocals....for instance, Mezarkabul sings proper Turkish, generic Turkish pop singers sing Turkish which is made sound like Arabic....horrid...

Here's something from my country for ya, our version of Haydeh... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG1PVdfY4uc
and here's the metal rendition of the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H22MS9U1MPw&feature=related
19.01.2009 - 20:51
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Ernis on 19.01.2009 at 20:16

Written by Hamird on 19.01.2009 at 19:53

تشکر!
She's does sing good....altho, in fact, as I once said...I never liked Middle-Eastern music....I never liked the sound of Arabic language and I always found it annoying when Turkish and Persian singers often also distort their vocals....for instance, Mezarkabul sings proper Turkish, generic Turkish pop singers sing Turkish which is made sound like Arabic....horrid...

Here's something from my country for ya, our version of Haydeh... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG1PVdfY4uc
and here's the metal rendition of the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H22MS9U1MPw&feature=related

Less Iranian artists are influenced by Arabic music. Rarely you can see Arabic themes, in Persian music..
20.01.2009 - 16:08
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Hamird on 19.01.2009 at 20:51

Less Iranian artists are influenced by Arabic music. Rarely you can see Arabic themes, in Persian music..

That's nice....I did find Darya Dadvar, by the way....her singing sounds wonderful.....
20.01.2009 - 17:13
Elio
Red Nightmare
Il Testamento Di Tito (in English Tito's Testament) by the never forgotten 70's Italian songwriter Fabrizio De Andrè...the protagonist of the song, Tito, is one of the two thieves crucified with Jesus on the Golgotha. In the song he analyzes the ten commandments and shows their hypocrisies.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
20.01.2009 - 20:11
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Ernis on 20.01.2009 at 16:08

Written by Hamird on 19.01.2009 at 20:51

That's nice....I did find Darya Dadvar, by the way....her singing sounds wonderful.....

I haven't heard of her. But for sure she's not much famous, because I know most of famous singers in Iran.
You may find some interesting songs by another singer named Homeyra.. Her voice is as well as Haydeh. I like Haydeh more, but she's also a great great Persian singer.
20.01.2009 - 20:21
Ernis
狼獾
Darya Dadvar is a classical singer as far as I know....mayb she works abroad most of the time, therefore may not receive much coverage in modern Iran....
21.01.2009 - 02:51
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I have 2 fav songs ath te moment.

Fascinación, by Amaury Gutiérrez. Something soft and romantic I dedicated to my beloved Luisa
And....
"Peanut Butter Jelly Time" by Buckwheat Boys. it's so fuckin' catchy
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
22.01.2009 - 14:07
Kanto
Not rock? I think Rebellion (Lies), by Arcade Fire...I love that indie band
----
...Dude.
22.01.2009 - 16:36
Ragana
Rawrcat
:wumpscut: - Achtung!

Yep, I'm a fan of dark electro/EBM/aggrotech/industrial music whatever you call it.
Ah, yes, and of course our neighbour's pride and pleasure: Traffic - Läti Disko Too catchy to resist.
22.01.2009 - 19:08
JayEstonio
Account deleted
Before, I was caught by Paris Hilton's Stars are blind. Now I'm on Katy Perry's Hot and Cold.. What? Did I just say that?
31.01.2009 - 22:24
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
LOVE local SA band Coleske...

They are terrifyingly gay though, people might think its like "Michael Learns to Rock" but for some reason I think its INSANE. Probably the best harmonizing Ive heard since "Simon & Garfunkel" they also have a "Best of S&G" out which totally slays the original!

Band hasnt been active since 1997 though Cant even find them on myspace / facebook or anything so I guess theyve just disappeared.
01.02.2009 - 01:30
WagonOfFilth
Hip Hop - Dead Prez
No Cars Go - Arcade Fire
4 Ton Mantis - Amon Tobin
----
Your trust is in Whiskey, and Weed, and Slayer. It's goddamn electric!
01.02.2009 - 01:38
Ragana
Rawrcat
Oh, oh, update!
Kombat Unit - We Are Machines

Too bad they have only two songs, at least what I know.
02.02.2009 - 22:11
Dersu Uzala
The Beatles - Two Of Us (Let it be )
05.02.2009 - 20:01
Sick Girl
"Diva" -Beyonce hahahahahaa. It's so catchy! I'm listening to it right now haha. :]

But other than that.
"Haunted" -Bella Morte [probably one of my favorite bands]
"Huomenna" -Uniklubi

:]
17.02.2009 - 00:06
Deus Ex Machina
Kevin Rudolf feat. Lil' Wayne - Let it Rock
Kanye West - Love Lockdown
Elemental - Za?to te imam
- Tako lijepa
Edo Maajka - Saletova osveta

Even though usually Kanye West annoys the shit outta me.
17.02.2009 - 12:24
Abattoir
Staff
Touch And Go - Would You Go To Bed With Me

Pretty good song for a dedication to the girls
17.02.2009 - 15:57
Elio
Red Nightmare
Bjork - Hyper - Ballad
So good and catchy
----