Metal Storm logo
Demos

27.05.2006 - 19:13
Samhain
Account deleted
OK, my band just completed our demo and we're proud of the songs. Here's the question we have. We recorded (what we feel is) an ass-kicking cover of "Nightcrawler" by Judas Priest, but we don't know if it would help or hurt us to leave it on the demo. Or if we can even leave it on the demo without copyright problems.

What should we do?
- Please help us
28.05.2006 - 13:33
kakalokola
well, about the copy right thing,,,i think its ok as long as you right ..JUDAS PRIEST COVER...
and the whole idea,,,i think its okto put a cover song it will help much the band..so its better to leave it on the demo
28.05.2006 - 19:20
Samhain
Account deleted
thanx Stigmurder, yeah we definately give Priest all the writing credits i really hope there are no problems, we really took a long time on it, to do it justice
30.05.2006 - 01:43
Ur-Nammu
Account deleted
@Samhain, when it comes to covering classic bands with godlike stature, make sure the cover does justice to the original, and is of superb quality, or you'll have herds of angered purists all over you
07.06.2006 - 02:32
Cybertrash
I wouldn't send a cover song to labels and I have noticed that magazines often dislike demo bands with covers on their discs. But for friends and fans, ofcourse, that's stuff the audience likes to hear, at least if it is as good as you say it is
----
Dibbukim - Az a foygl un a goylem tantsn, out on GM Music April 25th!

http://www.dibbukim.com
07.06.2006 - 23:38
Ur-Nammu
Account deleted
And one has to keep in mind the contrast. If the song you cover is some immortal classic, it'll make your own songs sound worse than they are in contrast.
10.06.2006 - 00:19
DLMokoma
Account deleted
I'd prefer to leave it to the demo but play it as much as live as you guys want.
20.06.2006 - 16:54
SILT
Account deleted
Well, I myself think y'all did a pretty good job on it. I mean, like what Slay said earlier, just be sure to put Judas Priest cover by the name. BTW, checked y'alls stuff out, liking it dude.
04.07.2006 - 18:29
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
I'm recording a demo with my band this week, and we play a pretty nice cover of Metallica - Seek and Destroy .. We are going to put it on the demo, we do have our own songs, but we think it'll increase our chances of being invited to do a show or something .. cuz a demo is to be sent to festivals or something too, so you can play more gigs ..

Anyway, that's just what we'll do
22.09.2006 - 11:39
domz
we've recorded a cover of sepultura roots bloody roots with my band. We usually say "that's a sepultura cover but covered in our style" when we post it somewhere or have people listen to it. you guys can check out our recordings if you want. shizophrenia is our own composition. lyrics adn vocals are from me. www.csyke.net/pizon
23.09.2006 - 21:46
Remus
@ Samhain: I don't think you should include the Judas Priest cover. Even if you mention it's not your song you could still get into shit for it. Best leave it for live shows!

@ domz: i downloaded the schizophrenia mp3 and here's what i think: soundwise it's shit(did you record it in garage?) but music wise i think the song is damn good! I like the guitar riff from 02:20 to 03:06, solo's pretty good too and so is your growling.

By the way, wouldn't it be cool if they had an "Upload section" on MS where members can upload their band's recordings? What do you say Ivan?
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
04.10.2006 - 10:43
Winter Death
Account deleted
A record label would be more interested in your own material than a cover song. Leave the covers for the shows were audiences can grasp onto something that they familiar with.
09.10.2006 - 05:58
Samhain
Account deleted
@ Remus: i luv the upload idea

Thanx all
12.10.2006 - 10:52
marinBG
Written by Remus on 23.09.2006 at 21:46
By the way, wouldn't it be cool if they had an "Upload section" on MS where members can upload their band's recordings? What do you say Ivan?

they don't have where to upload the just the compilation and you're talking about free upload... I think they wished they had such a capacity, but they don't...
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
30.09.2007 - 21:27
Black Winter
My first VERY short demo I'd like to know about your comments
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=qjskhmjj3od

lyrics:

blacks the day by its very start
leashes the will for an endless dart
ever been one step away
suicidal angels of my blank valley
(2times)
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
01.10.2007 - 05:35
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Since this thread has been revived...
Written by [user id=1003] on 27.05.2006 at 19:13

What happened?
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to [url=../bands/album.php?album_id=28982]wind up[/url] on Sundays