Metal Storm logo
Wintersun

Original post

Posted by Elfeder, 23.05.2006 - 17:00
I was shocked when I noticed that no one created a topic on Wintersun it is so strange because this band is one of the best I know...they have just released one album but this album is fucking masterpiece,
I like their songs "Death and the Healing" and "Beautiful Death" they are great songs and this band is Idol for me.
14.07.2009 - 21:35
chematss
Written by Fhuesc on 14.07.2009 at 20:38

Written by chematss on 13.07.2009 at 21:59

From WS forum;

-I found something from Youtube comments. This was 2 weeks ago:

"Today me and my friend saw Jari in Tuska metal-festival... Well we spoke for about 10 minutes and took a group picture. Nobody will belive me tho. Glad I live here Actually I asked when Time is going to come First he said NEVER but I think it was a joke. After a while he said its coming in 2012 but then Kai (the drummer who was also there) said probably near christmas time"-

I hope it's true .

Sounds fishy to me, cuz he swears he has a pic with em; so if he has a pic why nobody believes him?

I saw the pic and I have no reason to not believe in him..Kai probably said that..
'I hope its true' that means 'Does Time really come out at Christmas as Kai said? or Will they finish it until Christmas?' ..Got the point?

If you wanna see the pic, just ask.
15.07.2009 - 04:43
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
I'm thinking it will be out sometime early next year. But it doesn't really matter cause I'm patient.
17.07.2009 - 23:46
JÄY
Metal slave
This whole situation is ridiculous
19.07.2009 - 11:00
Uller
In fact jari is waiting for the end of the world (in year 2012) so we all can die listening to his masterpeace and go straight to heaven, and then sit next to jesus, buda, the flying spaghetti monster, michael jackson and Odin.
----
23.07.2009 - 05:38
wormdrink414
Elite
Although I am truly sick of waiting for Time, there is no question in my mind that it will be brilliant. That and I do not believe Wintersun the album is capable of growing tiresome.
23.07.2009 - 15:48
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I think the problem is they are promising too much...if they just sit still and work on it, there wont be problem to wait for most of the fans...but it is still "new album is behind the doors...erm, sorry, wait half a year"...and in couple of months again...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

23.07.2009 - 16:21
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
This subject has an eerie similarity to the whole Duke Nukem Forever fiasco
----
rekt
31.07.2009 - 21:43
Wyrd
I just started getting in to this band and so for there amazing. If any one can recommend me one of there albums to get I would appreciat it.
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
31.07.2009 - 21:50
Elio
Red Nightmare
YOu could check Time, I think it is an amazing album, everyone should love it.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
01.08.2009 - 06:01
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Elio on 31.07.2009 at 21:50

Lol. +1 metal point.

Written by Wyrd on 31.07.2009 at 21:43

I just started getting in to this band and so for there amazing. If any one can recommend me one of there albums to get I would appreciat it.

*Facepalm*
-1 for not taking 12 seconds to look at the bands profile page and seeing how redundant your question is.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.08.2009 - 06:26
Uller
Time now on December.... Booo!!
----
01.08.2009 - 08:57
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight

you are cruel about him...and about Wintersun too...
----

03.08.2009 - 20:03
MeloDeathViking
Does anyone know if there has been an official statement by the band or something like that stating that Time is expected to be out in December?
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
03.08.2009 - 21:27
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well...no update on their web since February when they had canceled gigs...
----

03.08.2009 - 21:36
Elio
Red Nightmare
Guys, guys... why are you all still hoping, waiting, swearing for this release? They are kidding you all... who the fuck knows when this album will be out...and when it is, it'll be average old shit at best.

Stop wasting your time waiting for this, try new bands, there's a lot of music that totally outshines Wintersun, who cares about Time.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
03.08.2009 - 22:03
MeloDeathViking
Written by Elio on 03.08.2009 at 21:36

Guys, guys... why are you all still hoping, waiting, swearing for this release? They are kidding you all... who the fuck knows when this album will be out...and when it is, it'll be average old shit at best.

Stop wasting your time waiting for this, try new bands, there's a lot of music that totally outshines Wintersun, who cares about Time.

I've been finding plenty of new music, but I'm not gonna just ignore Time altogether. I'm merely keeping an eye out for updates. Since the release date was changed on here, I figured something official had been released. Trust me, I've gotten over the whole waiting with bated breath thing. I've moved onto waiting on other albums, like Between the Buried ane Me
----
03.08.2009 - 22:15
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by MeloDeathViking on 03.08.2009 at 22:03

I've been finding plenty of new music, but I'm not gonna just ignore Time altogether. I'm merely keeping an eye out for updates. Since the release date was changed on here, I figured something official had been released. Trust me, I've gotten over the whole waiting with bated breath thing. I've moved onto waiting on other albums, like Between the Buried ane Me

Cool man, I mean, this is not your case maybe, but I noticed that people are so anxious about this album... as it is the most important thing ever. It is not that important considering that you have everyday bands releasing new material and that Time will probably be crap
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
03.08.2009 - 22:18
MeloDeathViking
Written by Elio on 03.08.2009 at 22:15

Written by MeloDeathViking on 03.08.2009 at 22:03

Cool man, I mean, this is not your case maybe, but I noticed that people are so anxious about this album... as it is the most important thing ever. It is not that important considering that you have everyday bands releasing new material and that Time will probably be crap

Haha, I don't know about crap, but I have a feeling it won't be as good as the S/T. I know you don't like them, but I still don't think crap is the correct term To each his own
----
03.08.2009 - 22:32
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by MeloDeathViking on 03.08.2009 at 22:18

Haha, I don't know about crap, but I have a feeling it won't be as good as the S/T. I know you don't like them, but I still don't think crap is the correct term To each his own

Ok maybe crap is not the right term (it will average at best anyway IMO ) but you understand that I mean that this way TIME is unnecessarily overhyped even before its release.

EDIT: Also, I don't hate Wintersun, I used to like A LOT the debut before, and still now i consider it a not bad album
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
03.08.2009 - 22:37
MeloDeathViking
Written by Elio on 03.08.2009 at 22:32

Written by MeloDeathViking on 03.08.2009 at 22:18

Ok maybe crap is not the right term (it will average at best anyway IMO ) but you understand that I mean that this way TIME is unnecessarily overhyped even before its release.

EDIT: Also, I don't hate Wintersun, I used to like A LOT the debut before, and still now i consider it a not bad album

I agree that it's overhyped. Had it come out a year, maybe even 2 years after it was originally anounced I could understand, but now that we're going on 4 years since it was announced, I think people need to trim back they're expectations. We may not even see it by the end of 2009.
----
03.08.2009 - 23:18
necrovamp
This band are driving me nuts, they have a good album, but they keep putting back the release of a time (the fact its called time might be a factor!) And now they were due to play bloodstock but pulled out becuase:

''Our album time will be delayed and wil not be out for the festival and no one wants to here the old songs live'' Slightly misqouted

I wanna haer the old stuff, they havn't been in england before (to my knowledge) Take a break from shouting at your computer dudes and come and play the festivals!
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
04.08.2009 - 10:52
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight

i dont care about it, but it is good way how to earn new posts, isnt it?
----

05.08.2009 - 21:24
heresiarch
Forever Dead
I met Kai Hahto recently and obviously he cannot comment about incoming album and it's release schedule , however he told me that " compare to this new album , last album was just rehearsing demo "

It' going to be Mammoth one
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
05.08.2009 - 21:43
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Of course he's gonna say that as opposed to "i dunno... we are running out of ideas tbh..."
----
loves 小巫
06.08.2009 - 18:50
VPeter
This is all turning into a bad soap... I wonder though, is Jari that of a perfectionist or just lazy?
06.08.2009 - 20:24
VPeter
At the same time Wintersun fans need to take their calm pills, Time is not the second coming of Jesus. It will be released someday, but until then - enjoy other music.
06.08.2009 - 20:33
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by VPeter on 06.08.2009 at 20:24

At the same time Wintersun fans need to take their calm pills, Time is not the second coming of Jesus. It will be released someday, but until then - enjoy other music.

Hey man don't copy me!

Also, @Vitriolic Hate: I don't think so
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
08.08.2009 - 07:05
Wyrd
Written by Doc G. on 01.08.2009 at 06:01

Lol. +1 metal point.

Written by Wyrd on 31.07.2009 at 21:43

*Facepalm*
-1 for not taking 12 seconds to look at the bands profile page and seeing how redundant your question is.

Thank you soo much for not giveing me your personal opinion on what album YOU think the best for people trying to get in to this band, and taking a shit on my post! lol! Cheers mate!
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
08.08.2009 - 09:16
Kasper
Written by Wyrd on 08.08.2009 at 07:05

Thank you soo much for not giveing me your personal opinion on what album YOU think the best for people trying to get in to this band, and taking a shit on my post! lol! Cheers mate!

You do notice, that they have only put out one album so far? And most of us, are awaiting the new album, which hopefully will come out this year. And the last pages of the wintersun thread has been all about "Time" - the oncoming album.
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
08.08.2009 - 09:53
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by heresiarch on 05.08.2009 at 21:24

compare to this new album , last album was just rehearsing demo

hm...megalomania already killed many...pity to those guys...
----