Metal Storm logo
What Black and Death metal albums still need to be rereleased?

Original post

Posted by -tom-, 15.06.2010 - 01:09
Labels seem to be reissuing old metal from the black and death metal from the 90s more than they release genuinely good new stuff. There's fairly few albums from the 90s that are worth listening to and aren't still available in some format. What reissues were u glad to see finally come out and what albums are left that really need to be made available again?

A few that I'd like to see come out:
Obtained Enslavement - Centuries of Sorrow.
Gorguts - Obscura (Why hasn't this happened? Anyone?)
Decomposed - Hope Finally Died
The Chasm - Procreation of the Inner Temple

This has been on my mind after seeing that the Vinterland reissue is actually out now. People have been talking about this for 4 or 5 years. Was getting sick of seeing threads about it until I found that one said it was actually out.
29.01.2012 - 13:16
Written by Shuvo on 18.09.2011 at 15:53

Early works of beherit and mayhem

I keep seeing people posting that the early works of Mayhem need to be re-released. In what form? CD? Vinyl? I know that iTunes goes back to at least Deathcrush (seen it myself on there). So if your talking earlier than that as far as demos eBay is a nice place to start as most of them have been pressed in at least CD format.

I also agree with others that a remastered version of anything Bloodbath has done doesn't need to be put out. The only way I would accept a remaster of a Black or Death Metal record would be if it was offered as a 2-CD/Double (Quadruple in some cases??) LP that had both the original untouched recording and the remastered version. Therefore allowing us to compare but not forcing us into one version or the other and instead leaving it up to a matter of personal taste. Of course this will never happen......
29.01.2012 - 15:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by IncoherentScream on 29.01.2012 at 13:16

The only way I would accept a remaster of a Black or Death Metal record would be if it was offered as a 2-CD/Double (Quadruple in some cases??) LP that had both the original untouched recording and the remastered version. Therefore allowing us to compare but not forcing us into one version or the other and instead leaving it up to a matter of personal taste. Of course this will never happen......

I agree.

But it does happen from time to time. Toxaemia's stuff was rereleased as 2cd with both the original recordings and the remastered ones. Flotsam & Jetsam's Doomsday For The Deceiver was also rereleased like that.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.01.2012 - 16:29
spirit_inblack
harshhead
http://www.waronmusic.com/releases.html

Booya! Look what's on the top of the page! Finally, Winnipeg, Manitoba is on the map for something cool metal-related.
29.01.2012 - 19:27
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.01.2012 at 15:15

Written by IncoherentScream on 29.01.2012 at 13:16

The only way I would accept a remaster of a Black or Death Metal record would be if it was offered as a 2-CD/Double (Quadruple in some cases??) LP that had both the original untouched recording and the remastered version. Therefore allowing us to compare but not forcing us into one version or the other and instead leaving it up to a matter of personal taste. Of course this will never happen......

I agree.

But it does happen from time to time. Toxaemia's stuff was rereleased as 2cd with both the original recordings and the remastered ones. Flotsam & Jetsam's Doomsday For The Deceiver was also rereleased like that.

I honestly did not know about that. I am going to search for these and see if I can find them. Thanks for the heads up.
29.01.2012 - 19:32
Written by spirit_inblack on 29.01.2012 at 16:29

http://www.waronmusic.com/releases.html

Booya! Look what's on the top of the page! Finally, Winnipeg, Manitoba is on the map for something cool metal-related.

OH....SHIT!!! I think that my brain hadn't even fully registered the information on that page before I had already clicked on pre-order. Seriously??? 180g!!! HELL YES!!!
29.01.2012 - 19:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by IncoherentScream on 29.01.2012 at 19:27

I honestly did not know about that. I am going to search for these and see if I can find them. Thanks for the heads up.

Toxaemia 2cd can be ordered directly from the US label Dark Descent, F&J 25th anniversary box was done by Metal Blade
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.01.2012 - 19:57
Wow...again thanks for the info man. I'm gonna have to pick these up. Also, if anyone ever comes across the vinyl picture disc reissue of Mayhem's "Deathcrush" please let me know....pretty sure I would punch a baby in the face for that shit. Been looking for it for awhile now and this thread sort of jogged my memory a bit.
29.01.2012 - 20:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by IncoherentScream on 29.01.2012 at 19:57

Wow...again thanks for the info man. I'm gonna have to pick these up. Also, if anyone ever comes across the vinyl picture disc reissue of Mayhem's "Deathcrush" please let me know....pretty sure I would punch a baby in the face for that shit. Been looking for it for awhile now and this thread sort of jogged my memory a bit.

Btw, the vinyl pressing of the Toxaemia stuff does not include the remasters, reason for that can be read here.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.01.2012 - 20:57
What he said makes sense, just sucks that contracts and red tape get in the way of something so totally killer as 4 LP boxed set of the same material...

Either way though I need to go ahead and get a copy of at least the Toxaemia reissues since it's pretty much exactly what I was asking the Metal Gods for in that previous post. Wouldn't want to spit in their eye...