Metal Storm logo
Carcass

Original post

Posted by Maim, 17.05.2006 - 08:39
Ok here it is, the official Carcass thread. I'm sure most of you know who they were. For those who don't they started off as a grindcore band from England and gradually changed to melodic death metal before disbanding, and helped pioneer these genres. Alright everyone, post your thoughts...
22.07.2006 - 07:23
Robstar
Awesome Band. Man I just can get enough from these dudes! Damn! They are so fucking amazing, Carcass changed it all , Grindcore wouldn't be Grindcore with out ''The Carscass''.
I got all their shit and it rocks, all their videos and they rock..
Great Band !
Maybe due to it is a compilation album which includes lots of songs from different album I would say that , Wake Up and Smell the Carcass is my favorite album...
----
Nothing is unreacheable
29.07.2006 - 22:20
Fane
Great band. Carcass kick asses of other same style bands. Wake Up and Smell the Carcass could get deads wake up from their graves
Best song is Rot'n Roll \,,/
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
03.08.2006 - 20:52
Cut-Throat
carcass are defo one of the best grindcore/death metal bands to come from england!

Corporal Jigsore Quandary is their best song followed but "Black star" from swansong!
09.08.2006 - 16:01
Wo0dy
Account deleted
what album(s) would you recommend from these guys? i have there discography but not sure which album to listen to exactly
09.08.2006 - 16:23
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
depends there... I would personally say start at the beginning and work your way through, as every album has different elements and you can see how they progressed more visibly (other than the obvious change from gore to melodic death after Carcass' first two albums)...
10.08.2006 - 00:28
Snake-Eye
Account deleted
HEARTWORK

Ok, their grindcore albums are very influental, but Heartwork really is their masterpiece. Amott should have sticked with them, as Heartwork is way better than anything Arch Enemy has ever done...
10.08.2006 - 15:48
Fetid Fetus
Account deleted
ARGH.
Carcass is not all Grindcore!
I'm glad that somebody, whom I have not had to convince, agrees...
From 'Reek of Putrefacation through to 'Tools of The Trade E.P' is pretty much grindcore, but after that; the only real grind played by Carcass is from the 'best of...' compilations.

@Snake-Eye: it'd also have been good if Bill Steer had stayed with them too, instead of playing with blues/rock band 'Firebird'.
11.08.2006 - 17:33
Snake-Eye
Account deleted
Written by [user id=11936] on 10.08.2006 at 15:48

From 'Reek of Putrefacation through to 'Tools of The Trade E.P' is pretty much grindcore

Well....?
11.08.2006 - 21:43
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
only reek of putrefaction is grind. you're just being silly.

symphonies of sickness is the only album that appeals to me in a big way. it has a really heavy sound and a dark atmosphere. reek of putrefaction gets boring quickly. later stuff isn't anything overwhelmingly amazing.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
12.08.2006 - 04:12
Invoked
Account deleted
SoS through "Necroticism" is Carcass' best stuff in my opinion.
12.08.2006 - 08:24
Fetid Fetus
Account deleted
Written by [user id=3144] on 11.08.2006 at 17:33

Written by [user id=11936] on 10.08.2006 at 15:48

From 'Reek of Putrefacation through to 'Tools of The Trade E.P' is pretty much grindcore

Well....?

well, uh, you sort of cut out the key sentence in there. the one after 'carcass is not all grindcore'...
the reason for that being the fact that ive had to argue with more than one person over carcass being grind, and thus the sentence thereafter which states that im glad i dont have to argue that point any longer.
12.08.2006 - 08:58
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by -tom- on 11.08.2006 at 21:43

symphonies of sickness is the only album that appeals to me in a big way. it has a really heavy sound and a dark atmosphere. reek of putrefaction gets boring quickly. later stuff isn't anything overwhelmingly amazing.

agree with every word
12.08.2006 - 12:41
Maim
Written by -tom- on 11.08.2006 at 21:43

I concur with Mr. FancyPants. I tend to listen to symphonies of sickness a bit more then the other albums. I really enjoy everything they put out though, whether it was from their grindcore days or their melodic death period.
----
Friends will help you move... REAL friends will help you move bodies...
16.08.2006 - 06:11
soilwork
Account deleted
I don't like reek of putrefaction at all, but the rest is great, symphonies of sickness it's probably my favorite Death metal album!
16.08.2006 - 14:54
herodutus
Account deleted
I haven't posed much on the forum, but I usually make references to Carcass when I do. All time favourite band, definitely. Very clear progression from Reek through to Swansong. To me Necroticism was there last Grind Album. By Heartwork they were really moving more into the technical area of things and swansong was a total let down for me. Blackstar which they formed after without Bill Steer was even worse. Jeff Walker should never have tried singing, it kind of ruined it.

Will always remain the greatest of Death Metal bands probably cos they did split up after so few albums. (oh and I met them which kinds fueled the adoration)
11.09.2006 - 22:05
Ibanez07
Account deleted
Can someone list their finest melodic work? Songs I mean. I'm intent on learning more about these guys.
11.09.2006 - 22:31
DyNo!!
Account deleted
Written by [user id=5724] on 11.09.2006 at 22:05

Can someone list their finest melodic work? Songs I mean. I'm intent on learning more about these guys.

my favourite melodics songs of their are : "heartwork", "buried dreams" and "keep on rotting in the free world" (that aren't so melodic, but...)
17.11.2006 - 04:05
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Man, Carcass was formed out of an EX Napalm Death guitarist, and an awsome guitarist from Arch Enemy, so you know that shit's good! I only own heartwork which is there last one with Ammot so I think its pretty much think its the best. It has some melodic points...But it's still got grindcore flowing through its veins.
24.11.2006 - 07:13
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I've bought Swansong, downloaded Heartwork and parts of Necroticism and Wake Up. All excellent stuff but my favourite is probably the Necroticism - Heartwork era.

Melodic songs to recommend I'd say Heartwork, Embodiment, This Is Your Life and almost anything off Swansong (particularly Room 101 or Polarized).

Easily one of my top two death bands. Is there any more knowledge about the supposed reunion?
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to [url=../bands/album.php?album_id=28982]wind up[/url] on Sundays
24.11.2006 - 11:48
Syrack
Account deleted
Written by [user id=17838] on 17.11.2006 at 04:05

I only own heartwork which is there last one with Ammot so I think its pretty much think its the best. It has some melodic points...But it's still got grindcore flowing through its veins.

More death metal with melodic touch and almost nothing from grind in Heartwork, however I like Heartwork the best.
By the way, has anyone heard that carcass country stuff
24.11.2006 - 22:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
No, but I heard that Ville Vallo from HIM plays on that album. That's reason enough for me not to listen to it.
25.11.2006 - 03:45
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
^^Seriously. How could that be fucking possible?
27.11.2006 - 12:15
crown
Account deleted
Carcass is UBER ALLES!!!!!
They were the best Grind Band until they decided to release Necrotism.....
Then they became the best Death Band, until they realsed Swanson....
Then they died as the once best Death/Grind Band ever to exist....

Bill Steer if you read this.... you fucking twat!!!!! Get back into the groove and revive Carcass... we love you!!!!!!!!!!!!
03.12.2006 - 02:28
Grind_Bastard
Account deleted
I am a carcass fan but only the grindcore era suits me... I don't like melodic death at all and i won't make any exceptions...this is sad ( at least for me )...i liked their gore related and grindcore songs... i liked that brutal feeling...
03.12.2006 - 14:19
Syk
myspace/bonerama
If you haven't listened to Necroticism or Heartwork because of that, don't worry - it's not the bastardized, misnomered melodic death like late In Flames and Dark Tranquillity. If you haven't heard Carnal Forge or Forensic Clinicism there's a good chance you'd like those songs.
----

he's not the kind you have to [url=../bands/album.php?album_id=28982]wind up[/url] on Sundays
03.12.2006 - 14:53
Grind_Bastard
Account deleted
Well i listened to them but i am not impressed... I have respect for the band and i was curious to listen to all other albums but still... i am an old school death metal and grindcore fan ... maybe thats the "problem"...
05.12.2006 - 07:34
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Ah that's all good then, as long as you've heard it.
----

01.03.2007 - 04:20
fire101
Account deleted
I just got into Carcass, and may I say that life is good now.
01.03.2007 - 05:35
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Grind Carcass right, fire?
01.03.2007 - 19:25
Martinikuss
Thats realy awesome group. The best album for me is Swansong, R**k The Vote is one of my favourite songs which i ever listened (brilliant riff)