Metal Storm logo
Megadeth vs Metallica

Original post

Posted by -Valhalla-, 07.06.2006 - 03:18
Megadeth and Metallica have been trying to out do eachother for years. Dave Mustaine was an Ex-Metallica guitarist, and made Megadeth to show that he doesn't need metallica. Metallica the more popular of the two, cut thier hair, and sold out, touring with bands like Linkin Park, Limp Bizcuit. Meanwhile, Megadeth's still going strong. Who's better? Would you rather go to see live?

In my opinion Megadeth is the better of the two. Metallica is a bunch of fatheads who have sucked balls since Ride The Lightning. Megadeth still sounds great, and has the Gigantour going, while Metallica is busy filming their next documentary about, whiney disagreements, and how the band is falling apart.

Poll

Megadeth vs. Metallica

Megadeth
Metallica

Total votes: 971
13.06.2006 - 22:56
Dam3k
Written by Dangerboner on 12.06.2006 at 01:19

lol shit, if you like St. Anger I'm afraid of the other stuff you might like....

A truly enlightned post... we've got a narrow-minded mate here... XD
----

13.06.2006 - 23:04
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
yeah...if I wasn't joking maybe.
13.06.2006 - 23:15
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Dangerboner on 13.06.2006 at 22:48

Written by BitterCOld on 13.06.2006 at 22:38

I am still confused as to why people shit on Metallica but still worship Dave Mustaine - I guess it's because his attempt at a cash grab wasn't as successful, thus making it more forgivable.

What are you talking about? Metallica is like 100 times more popular than Megadeth. Almost everyone I know dislikes Dave Mustaine, except for me.

Dave IS a better songwriter than anyone in Metallica. Within the first 3 seconds of listening to a Metallica song, you already know what to expect. At least Dave throws in some surprises and actually has his songs progress.

Metallica is mroe popular at large. Dave is on this board. How many posts have you read ripping any of Metallica's post 1990 work? How many have you read ripping Megadeths (outside of mine)?

Read the pathetic first post - typically a poll should have a neutral kick off with the OP giving their opinion. The OP opted to use it as a soapbox to blast Metallica while cupping Dave's megatesticles. With that in mind (and my dismissal of his absolutely retarded statement that Nine Inch Nails paved the way for industrial metal bands like Godflesh, KMFDM, and Ministry still in my head) , I came in to state my opinion just as bluntly.

Both bands got real boring real fast once the 90's rolled around.

And dave being a better songwriter is not fact, even if you capitalize he word IS.

It's opinion.

I could argue the 1st graders in my wife's class could pound away on keyboards for an hour and come up with something better than the lyrics to 'cycotron' (actually, I know it... one of the kids is destined to be a Horror meets Fantasy writer...) ... and while Holy Wars and Hangar 18 might have some nice directional changes, so do Master of Puppets and One. And that element of songwriting was completely lacking in any of hte simplified radio friendly crap both bands started recording post 1990.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
13.06.2006 - 23:32
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by BitterCOld on 13.06.2006 at 23:15

I am still confused as to why people shit on Metallica but still worship Dave Mustaine - I guess it's because his attempt at a cash grab wasn't as successful, thus making it more forgivable.

What are you talking about? Metallica is like 100 times more popular than Megadeth. Almost everyone I know dislikes Dave Mustaine, except for me.

Dave IS a better songwriter than anyone in Metallica. Within the first 3 seconds of listening to a Metallica song, you already know what to expect. At least Dave throws in some surprises and actually has his songs progress.

Metallica is mroe popular at large. Dave is on this board. How many posts have you read ripping any of Metallica's post 1990 work? How many have you read ripping Megadeths (outside of mine)?

Read the pathetic first post - typically a poll should have a neutral kick off with the OP giving their opinion. The OP opted to use it as a soapbox to blast Metallica while cupping Dave's megatesticles. With that in mind (and my dismissal of his absolutely retarded statement that Nine Inch Nails paved the way for industrial metal bands like Godflesh, KMFDM, and Ministry still in my head) , I came in to state my opinion just as bluntly.

And dave being a better songwriter is not fact, even if you capitalize he word IS.

It's opinion.

I could argue the 1st graders in my wife's class could pound away on keyboards for an hour and come up with something better than the lyrics to 'cycotron' (actually, I know it... one of the kids is destined to be a Horror meets Fantasy writer...) ... and while Holy Wars and Hangar 18 might have some nice directional changes, so do Master of Puppets and One. And that element of songwriting was completely lacking in any of hte simplified radio friendly crap both bands started recording post 1990.

Well when you said EVERYONE likes to shit on Metallica and worship Dave, I thought you meant it on a larger scale than the 4 people on this thread.

If I'm not mistaken, the forum rules state that you have to express your opinion on threads you create, so his post wasn't too out of line.

BTW, I also don't like post 1990 Megadeth, but I think Countdown is alright. I've never considered them to be fast so I was that disappointed. I can admit that Metallica is faster and heavier, but not better.

Way more Megadeth songs significantly progress than just Hangar 18 and Holy Wars. Pretty much all of the songs do on Peace Sells and Rust in Peace.
13.06.2006 - 23:48
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Dangerboner on 13.06.2006 at 23:32

Well when you said EVERYONE likes to shit on Metallica and worship Dave, I thought you meant it on a larger scale than the 4 people on this thread.

If I'm not mistaken, the forum rules state that you have to express your opinion on threads you create, so his post wasn't too out of line.

BTW, I also don't like post 1990 Megadeth, but I think Countdown is alright. I've never considered them to be fast so I was that disappointed. I can admit that Metallica is faster and heavier, but not better.

The metallibashing and dave love has been an ongoing phenomenon for the two years I've been on this forum. Some people love metallica, some hate them, some (like me) aren't fond of their post 1990 work... but I've never seen the vitriol spilled at Dave about Megadeth's collapse into mediocrity that I have for Metallica.

"Risk" is rated at below a FIVE right now with over 30 votes (and I have not voted on that album, fwiw... it could be worse) - but have you seen it bashed a la "Saint Anger"? A score below a FIVE on a forum where all the ratings are horribly top heavy? Hell, on this forum, even an average album seems to score in the 7-7.5 range... with 9's and 10's doled out like aol discs. Scoring a sub-five score? You might as well have just released an album of a microphone in the toilet bowl catching your bout of explosive diarrhea after a night of heavy drinking and a taco bell munchie stop...

You have the right and should be encouraged to express your opinoin on this forum - however, when starting a poll it's not good form to give one artist a reach around while referring to the other as a bunch of "fatheads."

As a pollster, you probably shouldn't be trying to drop heavy rhetoric in order to influence voters, thus unduly skewing the results of the poll. Unless, of course, the entire thing is a mastubatory excerise to attempt to prove your tastes are somehow "right" or "correct" (which is why I find it hilarious that Fatheadtallica is currently winning this poll).

the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round...
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
13.06.2006 - 23:59
rebelos
Account deleted
i voted for Metallica...

i believe that Kill'Em All contributed as no Megadeth cd ever

and Master Of Puppets is magnificant of course...
14.06.2006 - 02:53
Mega-Slayer
Written by Dangerboner on 13.06.2006 at 23:32

Written by BitterCOld on 13.06.2006 at 23:15

It's opinion.

Way more Megadeth songs significantly progress than just Hangar 18 and Holy Wars. Pretty much all of the songs do on Peace Sells and Rust in Peace.

I totally am with pyron,on this one.The proof is Megadeth's songs,not opinon that the progress way more than metallica.For example "Good Mourning/Black Friday" my fav. deth song progressess till the last minute,unlike most material from metallica,not saying their shitty or anything,I just like more variety.Anyway I think people worship Dave on here,because he didn't get nearly enough credit as Metallica did,and he deserves better.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
16.06.2006 - 04:30
Logo666
Account deleted
Metallica ?!? Actual this is only commercial band ....
NO COMENTS !!!
17.06.2006 - 19:39
Man Or Ash
Account deleted
Metallica
18.06.2006 - 05:50
samael06
Account deleted
Interesting. Quite a few who voted for Metallica, were specific and said their votes were based on Metallica's earlier material. Well, I agree that everything Metallica did up to Justice, was good. Up to that point, to me anyway, both bands were running neck and neck with Metallica having the slight edge. But Metallica failed to do it (for me anyway) after Justice and Megadeth ran away from them. So, taking both bands' library as a whole, I'd have to vote for Megadeth.

19.06.2006 - 13:50
marinBG
Metallica may be kind of weak right now, but still I have quite a lot of favourite Metallica songs (alongside lots of boring ones) like One, Sanaterium, Enter Sandman, Fade to black, Nothing Else Matters, For whoam the bell tolls, Master of puppets and so on while Megadeath are mainly boring to me...
+ metallica my be considered sell outs by some (which I belive they are not), but Dave Mustane is defenetly a jerk and most of the people agree on that especially the people that have met him or had to work with him, so if it going to be a personallity thing and not a music thing (which I think is stupid) than Metallica still wins...

P.S.: There is absolutly nothing wrong with touring with Limb Bizkit and Linkin Park, cause those are the bands that pull biggest crowds especially in the States + you should be touring with bands that are not exactly like you and have different audience so thier audience can discover you also. Of couse it works mainly as Metallica pulling crowds for the other but I bet there were some LP fans for example that have switched to the true side of music because of this tour, so I don't see nothing bad in this... I also see nothing bad in listening to LP if I have to be honest... I for example do...
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
20.06.2006 - 14:17
Dam3k
@ Samael06: Well, I've voted for Metallica and I like their earlier stuff as well as their new suff it's seems a crime I'd like albums like St.Anger... I just think it's kinda underrated... people now bases his opionion about Metallica depending the kind of fans they have... that's pointless...
----

21.06.2006 - 02:41
Daru Jericho

A cash grab? So if he wanted to continue with music it would be deemed as nothing more than a cash grab and he should have just stopped making music for the sake of not getting more money, rather than something he enjoyed?

Anyhow, the war between Metallica and Megadeth is one of these wars that seem to be perpetuated more by the fans than the bands themselves. This thead is such proof.

Regarding the poll, I'm a massive fan of Metallica up to and including Master Of Puppets. I love all of Megadeth's albums with the exception of Risk and The World Needs A Hero (although '1000 Times Goodbye' is probably one of my favourite Megadeth songs). Still, I find it difficult to say who's intial works I perferred. It could probably easily be Metallica; I haven't given it as much thought as I wish to. Later bands took their different directions, of course. Metallica, for me, no longer put out anying of interest, save a couple of songs (one being a cover). Megadeth went on to release my favourite Megadeth album Coutdown To Extinction, which contains a lot of my favourite induvidual songs. Yes, Megadeth wins my vote on this poll.

Of course, both bands contained skilled musicians (at least at some point). Marty Friedman is a fine guitarist. For Metallica I'd like to add that they did write some good lyrics and regarding the comment about Megadeth's 'Psychotron', yes that track had poor lyrics and overall I disliked the song. But I think songs like 'Holy Wars...The Punishment Due' and various tracks on their latest studio effort make up for this.

I'll stop rambling here.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

21.06.2006 - 03:12
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Daru Jericho on 21.06.2006 at 02:41

A cash grab? So if he wanted to continue with music it would be deemed as nothing more than a cash grab and he should have just stopped making music for the sake of not getting more money, rather than something he enjoyed?

Not my point at all.

My point was Metallica gets slagged for simplifying and making music that started receiving radio and eMpTy Vee play.

Megadeth did about the same thing, simplifying their music shortly after Metallica did - "symphonies" was their "black" album - complete with radio and eMpTy Vee play. "Sweating Bullets" was on so often it was obnoxious.

Yet, somehow when megadeth became, imo, megaboring they didn't garner the same vitriol directed their way that you see people post about Metallica.

It's not their change in direction I was ripping on. Not at all. It wasn't a rip on either band. I was ripping on many of the posters here who hate metallica for being sell-outs, but excuse megadave for trying to do the same thing.

Can anyone tell me with a straight face that "Symphonies" and "Youthanasia" are as interesting, dynamic, energetic and challenging as "Peace Sells" or "R.I.P."?

I'm sorry, but I was a huge megadeth fan and those two albums were just as bad a 1-2 kick in the groin to me as "Black" and "Load" were.

And, yet again, I will cite the importance of CHRONOLOGY - in that the opinions expressed by you younger folks are valid, but if you were not a megadeth fan in the very early 90's you cannot understand how much of a horrible let down that album was.
----

21.06.2006 - 03:58
Daru Jericho
Written by BitterCOld on 21.06.2006 at 03:12

Written by Daru Jericho on 21.06.2006 at 02:41

Not my point at all.

My point was Metallica gets slagged for simplifying and making music that started receiving radio and eMpTy Vee play.

Megadeth did about the same thing, simplifying their music shortly after Metallica did - "symphonies" was their "black" album - complete with radio and eMpTy Vee play. "Sweating Bullets" was on so often it was obnoxious.

Yet, somehow when megadeth became, imo, megaboring they didn't garner the same vitriol directed their way that you see people post about Metallica.

It's not their change in direction I was ripping on. Not at all. It wasn't a rip on either band. I was ripping on many of the posters here who hate metallica for being sell-outs, but excuse megadave for trying to do the same thing.

Can anyone tell me with a straight face that "Symphonies" and "Youthanasia" are as interesting, dynamic, energetic and challenging as "Peace Sells" or "R.I.P."?

I'm sorry, but I was a huge megadeth fan and those two albums were just as bad a 1-2 kick in the groin to me as "Black" and "Load" were.

And, yet again, I will cite the importance of CHRONOLOGY - in that the opinions expressed by you younger folks are valid, but if you were not a megadeth fan in the very early 90's you cannot understand how much of a horrible let down that album was.

Firstly, I agree with the statement about Megadeth become more commercial. I think Risk is the product of this and now Mustaine agrees that that album was bad.

Secondly, I just want to clarify; are you comparing the song 'Symphony Of Destruction' to the entirety of the Black album? I think 'Sweating Bullets' is one of these simple yet affective songs. I personally enjoyed it anyway. Musically, it was very minimalistic, often there were parts where only vocals could be heard. Rare(ish?) for Megadeth.

As for your attack on the posters....well, I don't really have much to say on it. My own standards when posting on an online forum is never to get to mudslinging a band because I'm aware that everyone has their own opinions.

Well, I like 'Symphony Of Destruction' and 'Youthanasia'. The former because I thought the riff was pretty intense and thrashy. Very memorable. As for the song 'Youthanasia', I enjoyed that too. It was a different style for Megadeth, dramatically taking the pace down compared to other thrash releases (contrary to Megadeth coining the term 'speed metal' for themselves). Lyrically, this song is pretty interesting although not the best well written song I've come across. This song is pretty challenging when compared with other Megadeth releases. I guess your use of the word challenging is pretty ambiguous though.

I acknowledge your opinon on how poor Youthanasia and Countdown (I think you're referring to) even if it is one I disagree with but I believe in freedom of speech so I'm not going to rip you on that one, nor would I ever dream to.

Finally, chronology. I think this is a pretty key point actually and one I sort of omitted in my original post. Megadeth released a couple of poor albums but redeemed themselves with their latest studio album The System Has Failed, whereas Metallica have yet to put out a good album and 20 years have passed. Rust In Peace was released around the turn of the century in '90 and even though I think Megadeth have released better albums later, I think this is where ex~Megadeth fans such as yourself see the cut off point. Up to The System Has Failed (which every Megadeth fan, whether past and/or present that I have talked to seems to enjoy) and that's only a 15 year gap compared to Metallica, who still have yet to rectify their past works.

I can understand why you may be getting upset about some of the posters but really, do you think you have to resort to directly attacking the band? Once again, I'd like to stress that this isn't a flame on you, just interesting banter.
----

21.06.2006 - 06:11
Endoftherainbow
Well I think Megadeth is by far the superior metal band out of the two. Metallica has not made a good album since Master of Puppets IMO with the exception of S&M but that doesn't count because it's a live album with old songs. Megadeth on the other hand made all great albums up until Risk which IMO is their only bad album and then they redeemed themselves by releasing a great record like the Systems Has Failed. Metallica hasn't redeemed themselves and seems to be digging a deeper and deeper hole for themselves as every new album is released. When it comes to solos I also find Megadeth to be alot more interesting then Metallica since Megadeth has had great guitar players like Marty Friedman and Chris Poland. When it comes to instrumental songs Metallica's tend to be quite repetitive and don't really go anywhere, while in Megadeth instrrumentals there is constant progression.

To answer the question asked in this thread I would much rather and have seen Megadeth live and I would never see Metallica live because they charge $100 for tickets here and I think that's bullshit because they don't even tour with good bands. I saw Megadeth on Gigantour for $40 and that was with amazing bands like Symphony X, Nevermore, and Dream Theater.
21.06.2006 - 06:14
Edible Autopsy
I voted Metallica for the plain and simple fact I prefer their music over Megadeth's. Don't get me wrong Megadeth are a brilliant band but in my opinion they come nowhere near Metallica.
----
So let it be written
So let it be done
I've be sent here by the chosen one

So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born pharoah son

I'm Creeping Death
21.06.2006 - 07:02
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Daru Jericho on 21.06.2006 at 03:58

Firstly, I agree with the statement about Megadeth become more commercial. I think Risk is the product of this and now Mustaine agrees that that album was bad.

Secondly, I just want to clarify; are you comparing the song 'Symphony Of Destruction' to the entirety of the Black album? I think 'Sweating Bullets' is one of these simple yet affective songs. I personally enjoyed it anyway. Musically, it was very minimalistic, often there were parts where only vocals could be heard. Rare(ish?) for Megadeth.

As for your attack on the posters....well, I don't really have much to say on it. My own standards when posting on an online forum is never to get to mudslinging a band because I'm aware that everyone has their own opinions.

Well, I like 'Symphony Of Destruction' and 'Youthanasia'. The former because I thought the riff was pretty intense and thrashy. Very memorable. As for the song 'Youthanasia', I enjoyed that too. It was a different style for Megadeth, dramatically taking the pace down compared to other thrash releases (contrary to Megadeth coining the term 'speed metal' for themselves). Lyrically, this song is pretty interesting although not the best well written song I've come across. This song is pretty challenging when compared with other Megadeth releases. I guess your use of the word challenging is pretty ambiguous though.

I acknowledge your opinon on how poor Youthanasia and Countdown (I think you're referring to) even if it is one I disagree with but I believe in freedom of speech so I'm not going to rip you on that one, nor would I ever dream to.

Finally, chronology. I think this is a pretty key point actually and one I sort of omitted in my original post. Megadeth released a couple of poor albums but redeemed themselves with their latest studio album The System Has Failed, whereas Metallica have yet to put out a good album and 20 years have passed. Rust In Peace was released around the turn of the century in '90 and even though I think Megadeth have released better albums later, I think this is where ex~Megadeth fans such as yourself see the cut off point. Up to The System Has Failed (which every Megadeth fan, whether past and/or present that I have talked to seems to enjoy) and that's only a 15 year gap compared to Metallica, who still have yet to rectify their past works.

I can understand why you may be getting upset about some of the posters but really, do you think you have to resort to directly attacking the band? Once again, I'd like to stress that this isn't a flame on you, just interesting banter.

By "Symphonies", I meant "Countdown" - and to me it was a disappointment, as was the follow up album. As with "THe Black Album", it as the start of several far more radio friendly releases.

Both Metallica's and Megadeth's first two albums of the 90's might have been decent 'rock' albums, but neither band seemed to capture the Piss and Vinegar (or perhaps Vodka and Heroin, more accurately) of their 80's releases.

I am not an Ex-Megadeth fan, simply a fan of both Metallica and Megadeth that doesn't like anything they've done since, well, a good chunk of the people who have posted on this thread are alive.

And I, again, didn't attack the band - simply point out that Megadeth followed a similar trend to Metallica - and yet the posters here seem to offer them a lot more leniency on it. Both started pumping out radio friendly tracks and scoring videos on eMpTy Vee...

My personal soapbox was directed at the posters who accuse metallica of 'selling out' when both followed a similar path.

If you want to read an "attack on a band" - try re-reading the actual original post of this thread. I don't recall ever posting anything as inflammatory as, say, "Megadave is a fathead" and "everything they've done since 'Peace Sells' sucks balls" - which is EXACTLY what the OP said about Metallica.
----

22.06.2006 - 02:40
Daru Jericho
I read a 'fuck megadeth' message that you posted on the previous page somewhere.

And yes, I did read the initial post but it really was unworthy of commenting on.
----

22.06.2006 - 05:00
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Ive been getting really into Megadeth lately and are loving there music, and a little while ago i went back and tried to listen to Metallica, i have all there music and saved them all to my XBOX and put shuffle on ... seems like i was skipping alot of songs than i would normally because ive been listening to them for 4-5 years and i think im getting a little tired of them. I still like their music (specially the old 80's material) dont get me wrong but i think i have to be in a bit of a mood to play them now, which is kind of sad being one of the first bands i listened to.

Anyway ive been listening to Megadeth alot at the moment with my fav albums being 'Killing IS My Business' 'Peace Sells' and 'Rust In Piece' and cant et enough of them.

Perhapes its just because ve been listening to the alot or maybe because at the moment im a little tired of Metallica, but i'll vote for Megadeth.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
22.06.2006 - 06:27
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
@Bitter Cold- Well...yeah the post 1990 albums weren't as good, but Metallica totally shifted genres. At least Megadeth is still slightly thrashy. Megadeth still has some hope of coming out with a decent album, even though I completely hated The System Has Failed. As for Metallica, well, they're done. They've been done.
24.06.2006 - 16:46
VicRattlehead1
Account deleted
tell you what.. . dave mustaine.. megadeth... has always been so dedicated to music.. ... metallica is good.. but . compared to megadeth... they are a bit.. back.

Megadeth. have got Gigan tour.. along with.. cool metal bands, and they even have started working on new album, with new cool members,
while Metallica.. um... after angry sessions, james sick and tired, and lars shitting on his pants and playing drums like trash cans, they say they are feeling better than before, we are going to start over...... but after a break....
well
how many times they have to take a break.. and.. its also about patience to make a good album, but .. metallica should now really prove it, making a finally metal sounding record like in 80s.
24.06.2006 - 16:51
VicRattlehead1
Account deleted
and another thing to mention.... watch.. metallica mtv icon.. you wil l be pissed...
25.06.2006 - 02:08
heresiarch
Forever Dead
I voted Metallica. Megadeth has never really kicked my ass,they have plenty of good songs but they lack that last punch into the face,that knock out punch
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
25.06.2006 - 05:22
Daniel
I would have voted metallica,but there ST.Anger album was rubbish,wasn't even metal,hard rock at the most,so i voted Megadeth,they have stayed metal over the period they have been a band,metallica just suck now.
----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere
26.06.2006 - 08:04
Pianoman
Account deleted
I vote for Metallica beacause i dont really know much about megadeth.
Metallica to Kill em All til the Black album were gods but then they turned to shit. What disapointed I was when I heard St Anger. It has only two good songs. St Anger and Frantic all the others are shit even Some Kind of Monster.
I hope that they will go back to their roots after returning to metal (St Anger), of course an awful metal that gives a bad image of the style because Metallica is our most repressentative band.

Keep listening to the good metal!!!
Metal is not dead!!!!
26.06.2006 - 22:10
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by [user id=6192] on 26.06.2006 at 08:04

I vote for Metallica beacause i dont really know much about megadeth.
Metallica to Kill em All til the Black album were gods but then they turned to shit. What disapointed I was when I heard St Anger. It has only two good songs. St Anger and Frantic all the others are shit even Some Kind of Monster.
I hope that they will go back to their roots after returning to metal (St Anger), of course an awful metal that gives a bad image of the style because Metallica is our most repressentative band.

Keep listening to the good metal!!!
Metal is not dead!!!!

If you don't know much about Megadeth, DON'T VOTE
26.06.2006 - 22:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Metallica, I like the older stuff. And for some reason, I've never really liked Megadeth. Have no clue why. So yeah, Metallica is winning this one.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
27.06.2006 - 08:32
tulkas
el parcero
I guess I´d go with Metallica, mainly because of the older stuff, they had great songs and were a true metal band But the latest albums were to and also because I´m not really into Megadeath don´t know why
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
28.06.2006 - 01:36
SilentScream
Blasphemer
I was offered the chance to see both bands at different times. I only saw Megadeth.
I guess that show's you in which direction I voted.

I have always been a fan of all the material released by Dave Mustaine and I find his career has been much more complete (to me) then Metallica's. The newer Metallica has just strayed too far away it is almost painfull.
All this while Megadeth has been consistently putting up good, diversified but good, albums.