Metal Storm logo
Welcome Newcomers!

Original post

Posted by White Winter Sun, 07.05.2008 - 23:48
Written by Ilham on 07.05.2008 at 12:57

I'm not new here, but I wanted to say I am back, for those who recognized me. After a little while, and some change, it feels good to come back.

Welcome back Ilham
29.04.2011 - 22:27
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Written by Timm O))) on 29.04.2011 at 22:23

Hi all!
I just registered here via Facebook. I'm just looking for a nice new forum to hang around since a previous forum i visited died a horrible slow, painful death...
Anyway, my name is Tim, i'm a 19-year old dude from the Netherlands who loves mostly doom and black metal and who is really pissed off that he missed the Roadburn Festival for the third year in a row.
Cheers!

Internet high five for mentioning Altar of Plagues in your favorite band list.
29.04.2011 - 22:34
Timm O)))
Thanks man! *high five*

By the way, if people are interested, here's my Last.fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/TimvanGerner
29.04.2011 - 23:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Hi all!
I just registered here via Facebook. I'm just looking for a nice new forum to hang around since a previous forum i visited died a horrible slow, painful death...
Anyway, my name is Tim, i'm a 19-year old dude from the Netherlands who loves mostly doom and black metal and who is really pissed off that he missed the Roadburn Festival for the third year in a row.
Cheers!

wellcome dude
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.04.2011 - 02:54
ß
Problem?

Hi all!
Cheers!

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay here
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
30.04.2011 - 03:02
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
The more black and doom fans the better. Keep 'em coming.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.05.2011 - 02:19
Llort
'Sup.

I'm Paul. In my boredom I decided to sign up! I'm 19 and live in London. I'm currently studying for a music degree (I play guitar). I also play in a few bands, the main one being called Phyrexia, which is what I spend the vast majority of my time on.

Favourite metal bands include Iron Maiden, Death, Iced Earth, Bal-Sagoth and Chthonic. As well as metal I listen to rock, prog, jazz, classical and lots of video game music. I'm somewhat of a music/gaming/film nerd.

So yes, greetings!
12.05.2011 - 09:04
Void_Eater
Account deleted
^Thank you good sir for introducting me to Chthonic. You have my eternal gratitude.
12.05.2011 - 17:02
Llort
Lol, glad to help someone see the light
15.05.2011 - 19:48
theFIST
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.04.2011 at 03:02

The more black and doom fans the better. Keep 'em coming.

the more non Doom or nu fans the better
keep those coming
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:

17.05.2011 - 01:16
JollyRoger
Hi everybody!

I'm the new girl on deck! Great there is an international metal community! I'm Andrea, 30, from Aachen as the westernmost town of germany.

I listen to many different styles of music. First of all and of course metal (Death, Doom, Prog, Technical Death, Heavy Metal, Stoner Rock/Metal, Melodic Black, ...'n'Roll, ...) then Jazz, Blues, Swing, Rock'n'Roll, Surf, Classical Music, etc...

Enough for now, .... I will now dig into some threads
----
"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it." (Oscar Wilde)
17.05.2011 - 01:37
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by JollyRoger on 17.05.2011 at 01:16

Hi everybody!

I'm the new girl on deck! Great there is an international metal community! I'm Andrea, 30, from Aachen as the westernmost town of germany.

I listen to many different styles of music. First of all and of course metal (Death, Doom, Prog, Technical Death, Heavy Metal, Stoner Rock/Metal, Melodic Black, ...'n'Roll, ...) then Jazz, Blues, Swing, Rock'n'Roll, Surf, Classical Music, etc...

Welcome JollyRoger =)
17.05.2011 - 07:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by JollyRoger on 17.05.2011 at 01:16

Hi everybody!

Wellcome Alemannia Aachen rules
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.05.2011 - 18:27
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Welcome to all the new people.
26.05.2011 - 00:36
Sophist
Damn I missed this thread, in my defense it was in a section at the bottom of the forum index.

Most of the essential info is in my profile, so if you wanna know just click there, it won't kill you.

I don't play any instruments, I just listen to metal music.
26.05.2011 - 02:22
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by Sophist on 26.05.2011 at 00:36

Damn I missed this thread, in my defense it was in a section at the bottom of the forum index.

Most of the essential info is in my profile, so if you wanna know just click there, it won't kill you.

I don't play any instruments, I just listen to metal music.

Welcome (by the way, i felt the death... but i'm still alive : )
29.07.2011 - 08:06
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Haha I don't think i did this thread either. Or maybe i did
I've been here quite a while since MS was quite young. I used to use the forum back then, but then i stopped for quite a long time and then recently got back to it. It's good to be back.

I play for bass for a band here in India. You can check us out at
http://www.reverbnation.com/innersanctumindia
I also play a didge, some guitar and jew's harp

I listen a lot of metal, most of my music is predominantly metal, stoner doom/metal, sludge a bit of hard core i used to listen to a lot of tech death. I listen to some math rock, noise rock and alot of post rock as well. Apart from that i listen to a lot of trip hop and downtempo, some indie singer songwriter stuff(alexi murdoch, iron and wine) some electronica and some dubstep. Thats pretty much all my musical preferences.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
07.08.2011 - 00:45
Hello MS. I've been a fan of this site for a while, so I finally decided to join.

I'm mainly a fan of heavy metal power metal and a little thrash, but I recently started expanding my tastes by adding some prog and death metal into my collection. My favorite bands are Judas Priest, Sonata Arctica, and Sabaton.
07.08.2011 - 10:54
Roro
Written by DragonSavior X10 on 07.08.2011 at 00:45

Hello MS. I've been a fan of this site for a while, so I finally decided to join.

I'm mainly a fan of heavy metal power metal and a little thrash, but I recently started expanding my tastes by adding some prog and death metal into my collection. My favorite bands are Judas Priest, Sonata Arctica, and Sabaton.

welcome aboard
07.08.2011 - 22:59
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by DragonSavior X10 on 07.08.2011 at 00:45

Welcome, "Be Metal, my friend" by Bruce Lee haha
13.08.2011 - 16:20
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Most essential info can be found in my profile page. I'd like some friends!
21.08.2011 - 00:14
Metalorgy
Hello everyone,

I've been on this site since a couple of days now. My main motivation to come here is the ability to create a collection of wanted albums which helps me to keep track of what to buy next without updating a stupid Excel file (was I the only one to do that?), but it's also a great opportunity to interact with the MS community !

I'm kind of new to the metal scene as I only started to explore the metal genre 2 or 3 years ago. Believe it or not but before that I listened almost exclusively to minimalistic and abstract electronica. But at one point I started to get bored with it and live "performances" of this genre are the most boring you can imagine (it's just some dude sitting behind his Macbook pressing buttons). So I turned to the only musical genre I hadn't really explored until then and never looked back ! And it's still very exciting as I have a lot catching up to do and many bands to discover.

I love going to metal concerts and festivals, done quite a few this year (Hellfest, Graspop, Sonisphere, ...) I'm very excited to go see BTBAM and Machine Head in the coming months.

I like many metal genres but mostly thrash, death, metalcore and progressive. If you ask me my what favourite bands are the first names that will pop up are Opeth, Gojira, Tool, Mastodon, Meshuggah and Between the Buried And Me ...

Hope to see you guys soon in the forums !

Netanio

PS : yes I'm old compared to most of you guys but inside I'm still veeery young (maybe too much ;-)
21.08.2011 - 00:40
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by Metalorgy on 21.08.2011 at 00:14

Hello everyone,

I've been on this site since a couple of days now. My main motivation to come here is the ability to create a collection of wanted albums which helps me to keep track of what to buy next without updating a stupid Excel file (was I the only one to do that?), but it's also a great opportunity to interact with the MS community !

I'm kind of new to the metal scene as I only started to explore the metal genre 2 or 3 years ago. Believe it or not but before that I listened almost exclusively to minimalistic and abstract electronica. But at one point I started to get bored with it and live "performances" of this genre are the most boring you can imagine (it's just some dude sitting behind his Macbook pressing buttons). So I turned to the only musical genre I hadn't really explored until then and never looked back ! And it's still very exciting as I have a lot catching up to do and many bands to discover.

I love going to metal concerts and festivals, done quite a few this year (Hellfest, Graspop, Sonisphere, ...) I'm very excited to go see BTBAM and Machine Head in the coming months.

I like many metal genres but mostly thrash, death, metalcore and progressive. If you ask me my what favourite bands are the first names that will pop up are Opeth, Gojira, Tool, Mastodon, Meshuggah and Between the Buried And Me ...

Netanio

PS : yes I'm old compared to most of you guys but inside I'm still veeery young (maybe too much ;-)

Interesting your story =). Welcome!
21.08.2011 - 00:45
ß
Problem?

Hello everyone,

Netanio

Welcome aboard! it's always great to see new metalheads. I hope you enjoy your stay at Metal Storm
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
21.08.2011 - 19:03
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted

Hello everyone,

Netanio

Welcome to the site.
Enjoy it.
24.08.2011 - 00:40
Hellbrann
Hi,I'm Mitchell from The Netherlands! (and no, I don't do weed )

I was looking for an online metal community and stumbled upon Metalstorm. Talking about music and metal in general is one of my favourite activities.
I have listened to metal for about six/seven years now/ It all started with Rammstein, Slipknot and Metallica and slowly I discovered more. I developed a taste for melodic death, folk/viking/pagan and power metal, but I like bands from all kinds of musicgenres, from black metal to industrial and 60-70-80's rock. My all-time favourite bands include Epica, Rammstein, Queen, Finntroll Sonata Arctica and Sabaton. And ABBA, I loooooove ABBA

I have my own folk metal band, Druantia, in which I play the drums. And I study journalism to become a music journalist, write reviews for a Dutch webzine and my own MetalBlog (also in Dutch).

I look forward to becoming a part of the community!

Mitch
----
Druantia | Folk metal
24.08.2011 - 00:50
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Hellbrann on 24.08.2011 at 00:40

I look forward to becoming a part of the community!

Mitch

Oy, make yourself at home.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.08.2011 - 21:18
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff

I'm kind of new to the metal scene as I only started to explore the metal genre 2 or 3 years ago. Believe it or not but before that I listened almost exclusively to minimalistic and abstract electronica. But at one point I started to get bored with it

Ironic, it's the other way around for me. Well, I'm definitely not bored with metal but I'm recently checking out electronica, dark ambient and noise.

Hopefully you will have fun with this site! Don't worry, there are a lot of older people around
You might check this thread and say hi to them
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass

Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.

26.08.2011 - 21:26
Metalorgy
Written by X-Ray Rod on 26.08.2011 at 21:18

Ironic, it's the other way around for me. Well, I'm definitely not bored with metal but I'm recently checking out electronica, dark ambient and noise.

Hopefully you will have fun with this site! Don't worry, there are a lot of older people around
You might check this thread and say hi to them

If you're looking for some new names in electronica, don't hesitate to ask me for stuff I listen(ed) to.
Thanks for the link, I will most certainly check it out.
08.09.2011 - 14:10
The_Warcult
Hello, my pseudonym as you can tell is Ares. You may call me Sam if you wish. I've been lurking on MetalStorm for a while now (about a couple years now) and created a profile a few months ago. I am literally the only guy at my high school who listens to heavy metal. So with nobody to talk metal stuff with, I guess this site should be sufficient enough.

My interests include military history/science, philosophy, working out, and music. I have enlisted into the United States Marine Corps and plan to ship out 20120625.

My favorite bands include Behemoth, Bolt Thrower, Death, God Dethroned & Holy Terror.

Fav albums-

Behemoth- Sventevith (Storming Near The Baltic)
Bolt Thrower- The IVth Crusade
Death- The Sound Of Perseverance
God Dethroned- Into The Lungs Of Hell
Holy Terror- Terror And Submission
11.09.2011 - 22:02
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by The_Warcult on 08.09.2011 at 14:10

Hello, my pseudonym as you can tell is Ares. You may call me Sam if you wish. I've been lurking on MetalStorm for a while now (about a couple years now) and created a profile a few months ago. I am literally the only guy at my high school who listens to heavy metal. So with nobody to talk metal stuff with, I guess this site should be sufficient enough.

My interests include military history/science, philosophy, working out, and music. I have enlisted into the United States Marine Corps and plan to ship out 20120625.

My favorite bands include Behemoth, Bolt Thrower, Death, God Dethroned & Holy Terror.

Fav albums-

Behemoth- Sventevith (Storming Near The Baltic)
Bolt Thrower- The IVth Crusade
Death- The Sound Of Perseverance
God Dethroned- Into The Lungs Of Hell
Holy Terror- Terror And Submission

Welcome Ares.