Metal Storm logo
New year's Goals

Original post

Posted by selken, 06.01.2008 - 04:38
I don't know about your country, but in most countries I know, people have the tradition of proposing goals, objectives or aims that you could go after in this new year. For example, finnish your studies, learn something important (to drive, to speak a language....) or change something in your life.
For example, I don't have any particular goals for this year except by keep improving my knowledge, what about you guys, do you have a special issue for this year?
04.01.2009 - 18:57
Nexus
Asshat
I really suck at New Year's resolutions, as I usually make them too specific and never end up thinking about them/accomplishing them. However, I have some general guidelines I'd like to stick by to survive the upcoming year.

1) Stop screwing around so much/going out, and concentrate more on school.
2) Set more time to do my assignments when necessary.
3) Work more hours/get another job to have more money leftover once I have paid for my rent.
4) Train some more! (Arm weights and cardio, mostly).
5) Never thought I'd ever say this, but ... stop drinking so much (especially at costly bars!:P)
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
04.01.2009 - 20:19
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Nexus on 04.01.2009 at 18:57

5) Never thought I'd ever say this, but ... stop drinking so much (especially at costly bars!:P)

good idea. Drinking and working out don't very much go together very well
----
Coldgrits
04.01.2009 - 23:24
V8Thrasher
Written by -DC-002- on 04.01.2009 at 20:19

agreed
04.01.2009 - 23:26
V8Thrasher
Written by [user id=2084] on 04.01.2009 at 16:24

Written by V8Thrasher on 04.01.2009 at 11:02

Written by [user id=2084] on 04.01.2009 at 04:15

Written by V8Thrasher on 03.01.2009 at 23:58

you do realize that they probably think the same about your music right? along with the general populus?

Oh really? Gee, I thought everyone out there liked Death, Obituary, Anoerexia Nervosa, The Gathering, etc... :

yeah... stupid statement on my part

It's not a stupid statement because a lot of metalhead friends I know think that metal is the greatest music ever and they play it loud and think that everyone around them is going to hear it and think 'my GOD! that is amazing! why haven't I ever heard this angelic music before?!'

no way, are you serious? well.... to each his own right? lol. yeah ive found out a long time ago not everyone wants to hear a blazing guitar solo blasting out of the car haha. it seems the public would rather a repetitive "beat" coming out of the car.
05.01.2009 - 02:35
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by V8Thrasher on 04.01.2009 at 11:08

Written by Visioneerie on 04.01.2009 at 07:21

I have many goals that i want/need to achieve and '09 is a fresh time to start. To sum it up in a few words i need to GET MY SHIT TOGETHER.
here's some details if some of you might care :
- get back to regularly playing the guitar (at least 1 hour daily)
- bodybuilding (muscle weight gain), this time is for real ... a strict and big diet and no skippping workouts
- doing well in school, i've got a brain for that
- no more waking up at 12pm on weekends
- i have to find a fucking job, BAD
I'll have plenty on my hands this year

hey man good luck with the bodybuilding. my main goal for this year is to get my amateur bodybuilding license, along with my ISSA and ASF certs. if your serious about the dieting, start out slow, if you start strict right away you wont keep to it trust me. its nice to know a fellow Metal Listener (notice i dont use the word MetalHead, i fucking refuse to be called that now) is keen about their physical well being, and seems to want to do more than just play guitar. best of luck to you

thanks for the heads up man, i can use all the advice i can get. that's awesome that you're going for your ISSA cert and amateur bodybuilding license, you must know the field pretty well. anyways help is appreciated and if you have any recs shoot em' out i'll be more than happy.
and concercing the stereotypical metalhead, i don't have to smoke rigs and do dope to be metal physical well being and health is an important thing, i'll hold the guitar in one hand and the dumbbell in the other
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
05.01.2009 - 03:30
Not fuck up on my last semester of high school. Shit, it's gonna be the longest 9 weeks D;
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
05.01.2009 - 14:07
Elio
Red Nightmare

I don't care drinking/eating too much after working out....
...After all I only mind to be a big badass and not to have sculptured abs
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
05.01.2009 - 14:34
Abattoir
Staff
Well I have also a few important goals for this year:

- to finish this hard first year of sports faculty
- to play soccer in my team as best as I can (hopefully to score some goals)
- attending Metal Camp 2009

I have also some other goals which aren't that important of mentioning.
06.01.2009 - 12:42
tulkas
el parcero
I shold get a job as well. i work at my university as a teacher assitant, you know, correcting the crap 1 semestre students write, but i want smething else, more money! i want more money so i don't spend it so quickly
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
10.01.2009 - 17:26
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Elio on 05.01.2009 at 14:07

but having a sixpack is by far the easiest way to badassness!
10.01.2009 - 19:25
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Valentin B on 10.01.2009 at 17:26

Oh, don't worry, I'm interested in all the ways
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
12.01.2009 - 03:32
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Valentin B on 10.01.2009 at 17:26

You and I are very baddass then, no matter ioif your sixpacks is because of our Cheetah bodies

As for me... well my goals woudl be start learning french and taking the photography course...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
12.01.2009 - 12:07
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Getting a sixpack is fairly pointless unless you walk around topless a lot. You have to have very low body fat for it to show up as more than one square block. By all means, do abdominal crunches but I don't think it'd be worth trying to lose the fat just so it'd show up when no one's going to see it.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
12.01.2009 - 17:29
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by -tom- on 12.01.2009 at 12:07

Getting a sixpack is fairly pointless unless you walk around topless a lot. You have to have very low body fat for it to show up as more than one square block. By all means, do abdominal crunches but I don't think it'd be worth trying to lose the fat just so it'd show up when no one's going to see it.

you see, when you're so damn skinny and weak, you have to have some sort of consolation i used to crouch in a corner of my room at night and cry.

12.01.2009 - 17:39
Rozz
Being fit is not pointless. i have to get on the road again to geting fit. this year will be another hard yeah and alot of recovery. might be my my hardest year concerning work ethic but being fit is one of my goals. i have been a fit athletic person my whole life and last year and this year im not fit. so being fit is my main goal
12.01.2009 - 19:32
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
I didn't say being fit was pointless. I'm working on it myself. I just don't see the point in losing the fat to have a clearly defined sixpack.

Perhaps if you live somewhere with nice weather and near a beach....
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
12.01.2009 - 19:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by -tom- on 12.01.2009 at 19:32

I didn't say being fit was pointless. I'm working on it myself. I just don't see the point in losing the fat to have a clearly defined sixpack.

well it could be a confidence thing, and a big fatty belly pretty much looks bad.

i try to keep a fairly defined six-pack for in the summer when i go to the seaside/swimming pool whatever, to look good and for the lulz. but mostly for the lulz... lolz
12.01.2009 - 19:42
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Valentin B on 12.01.2009 at 19:38

well it could be a confidence thing, and a big fatty belly pretty much looks bad.

i try to keep a fairly defined six-pack for in the summer when i go to the seaside/swimming pool whatever, to look good and for the lulz. but mostly for the lulz... lolz

You can't say that you have a sixpack, it's only that you are skinny as fuck
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
12.01.2009 - 20:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Elio on 12.01.2009 at 19:42

i'm skinny as fuck, therefore i exist have a sixpack.
12.01.2009 - 20:58
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Valentin B on 12.01.2009 at 20:55

-1 Metal Point for the rime
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
12.01.2009 - 21:12
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Elio on 12.01.2009 at 20:58

Written by Valentin B on 12.01.2009 at 20:55

-1 Metal Point for the rime

lol but +1 metal point cause i didn't realise it ... though with common english it doesn't rhyme, maybe with jamaican accent
29.12.2009 - 20:04
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Valentin B on 01.01.2009 at 12:37

Written by [user id=2084] on 31.12.2008 at 23:32

I personally think that New Years Resolutions are stupid...I tried to make them over the years and I never stick to them...other people I know feel this way too...

well i don't see them as strict necessities to do in the upcoming year, but more like a laying down of plans for the next 52 weeks, like "what i am i gonna do with my life this year?"

ok, so here goes(in order of importance, with 1 being the most important):
1.move in with my best friend in a 2-bedroom apartment
2.pass the first year of college and if i can't get the second one for free, make more money and pay up the taxes
3.second year in a row- find a girlfriend(this is gonna be tough )
4.get a distortion effects pedal and get in a band
5.go to the manowar gig in july and massacrate my ears in the front row center
6.be a better guitarist

seems the only point i didn't achieve was the first one, in retrospective it seems 2009 was a great year, didn't end as i would have wanted, but it's definitely been my best year so far.

next new year's goals:
-get a girlfriend(fourth year in a row lol)
-go to Wacken 2010 whatever the costs
-get an Erasmus scholarship in Italy even for just 4 months
-learn better German and Italian, possibly become fluent in Italian
-successfully gig with my new band, Red Unit, without doing too many cover songs..
29.12.2009 - 22:07
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
No new year goals...i wont go for them anyway

maybe i would like to move forth my bands Ennorath and Ashes To Wind, but it is matter of hard work, not talking
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

30.12.2009 - 00:16
Ragana
Rawrcat
I just got inspired. I'll make some difference and won't say that I need a new boyfriend (and not because I have one ATM) - I guess I wouldn't need it anyway. Guys just come and go. I'll worry at age twenty-something...

So, anyway, things I WILL do (I don't like this "I would like" because it doesn't sound convincing even to myself) in 2010:
* I'll be a good girl and I'll finish high school better than I (now) think I will.
* I'll choose what and where to study. And I'll get in that particular university, I'm sure I will!.
* I'll inspire myself to do things differently.
* Oh, and I'll be more outgoing.
* Declare peace between me and my best friend.

One more thing:
* Talk less, do more.
30.12.2009 - 04:46
tulkas
el parcero
More than goals, it's "wishes":

- Buy a car, ASAP!
- Hope I get the job I want at the Car and Driver magazine
- Start earning more and more money!
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
30.12.2009 - 09:18
BADDEST MEMBER
-Finding scholarship or fund loans for studying abroad or the most best is to coming back study in US
-Finding a job
-Be more in shape
-Better health
-Better Life
-Finding some good luck.
-Oh yeah, try keep maintaing contact to my girl
30.12.2009 - 09:28
Kasper
A few of my goals:

- Get in a really good shape.
- Become a good fighter at MMA.
- Maybe find a girlfriend.
- Start from fresh - (I'm moving out the 1st of Feb.)
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
30.12.2009 - 10:00
Elio
Red Nightmare
-Start practising some sport (or going to thegym) again.
-Study more
-General happiness.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
30.12.2009 - 14:47
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
-Get a job
-My own place
-A girl
-Finally totally quit smoking (it's been coming, just need to finalise it)
-Try and watch more movies and read more books (something I used to do a lot, but have seemed to have give up over the last 18 months)
-Discover at least one new album a day (shouldn't be a problem RYM keeps me motivated for this)
-Try and leave parties at 3 or 4 rather than 10 or 12 the following day (it just makes you tired all week)

That's it basically.

EDIT: Also, try to learn how to piss straight
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
30.12.2009 - 16:41
baldur
-quit smoking