Metal Storm logo
Do you know about my country?

Original post

Posted by Damnated, 17.05.2006 - 17:39
SO, the idea of this tread would be something similar to the late 'The Rest Of The World' s,: say something about your country, where it is, some history, and something you find important saying. I'm going to post about my country, but not right now.
26.05.2006 - 19:02
Falcon
Written by [user id=8664] on 19.05.2006 at 02:16

Brazil is a huge country (3 times bigger than Europe, I guess), and has a lot of beautiful places to live. Although our politicians aren't the ones you'd like to have in your country, we still are happy, despite all the corruption, poverty and injustice we still have here. Rio de Janeiro and the city I live, Salvador, are among the most beautiful cities in the world. We have marvelous beaches, pretty girls and Brazilian people are quite receptive. I love my country!

Not 3 times, but almost 1 time as bis as Europe I think Russia should be 3 times bigger than Europe
----

°~\m/~° Thoughts of death inside tear me apart from the core of my soul °~\m/~°
26.05.2006 - 19:21
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
@K7 and colombian metalstormers: yes, we forgot the cofee!!! I can't believe this and for men I forgot the beautiful women we have here
One of the greatest advantages we have in Colombia is the great climate we have, sun shines all the year and we have 2 oceans, deserts, forests, great mountains, awesome nature
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
27.05.2006 - 20:10
Falcon
We have nothing of all that but we have beautiful cities! (Bruges, Ghent, Antwerp, Brussels...)
----

27.05.2006 - 21:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by The Alchemist on 26.05.2006 at 19:21

@K7 and colombian metalstormers: yes, we forgot the cofee!!! I can't believe this and for men I forgot the beautiful women we have here
One of the greatest advantages we have in Colombia is the great climate we have, sun shines all the year and we have 2 oceans, deserts, forests, great mountains, awesome nature

Well coffe and women,
It's easy/hard get women in Columbia, I mean not p[rostitute but women

Well I know Columbia are far from real Andes, but hawe you seen Condor this might bird

My mother has been in Panama, she has been close to border, and gun fighting starts, soem drug sellers shout 4 police man, and well after it cops was like moscitos, well all locel people was locked chached 2 hours, she and her bf locls like forener and thay was let go after 2 minutes.

But landscape yes it amazing, rainforests, mountais, forest aninals and in Columbia are barra bravas
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.05.2006 - 00:46
Alouqua
Account deleted
Written by The Alchemist on 26.05.2006 at 19:21

sun shines all the year but not this year! not here at least . but is true we have just a perfect climate! and the most beautiful women in the whole world! (not me of course!)
28.05.2006 - 01:10
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
@Alouqua: Well, I'm in Bogota right now and yes, here we have a cold climate, but anyways, sun shines. and why don't you consider beautiful yourself?
@K7: yes, Colombia is part of the andes, and condor is very known here, and it's a national symbol.
About getting women here, it deppends of what you search I think
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
28.05.2006 - 03:09
Icewings
La Luna
well I think Colombia is a beautiful country as well , and I'm not saying it because is my country of heritage and I love that country but because it just beautiful , I have travel around and in every place there's something beautiful ..What I love the most is the cultural spirit that colombia has , something that not many countries are able to have in every little place or their land .. so I love the music seeing musicians in the buses and on the streets walkign around showing their music ..ahh there's nothing more valuable than that to me ... I mean it just great ..also when I was young I LOVED to go to the park and listen to the cuenteros or storytellers ... ahh they were my favorite .... so beautiful , also the museums WOW !!!!such variety of museums it just wonderful to see all the things the indians did ...also colombia is full of history and I LOVE that ... I love the fact that we colombians do anything for the art and be educated ....

@Alouqua: yeah Indeed they colombia has beautiful beautiful people including yourself ....

@The alchemist :right I bet she is beautiful !
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
01.06.2006 - 22:47
Metal_Messias
Account deleted
Hey, Laevos, 3 times bigger than Europe it's too much. But Brazil is the forth biggest country in the world (US is bigger with Alaska, but I don't count this shit! hehehe!).

We have our problems (and we have US, England and Portugal to thank for it... hehehe!) but it's a beautiful country and I love it! We have awesome Metal bands, we have the best football players, we have a lot of other good stuffs that I don't to write because I'm damn lazy... hehehehe!
01.06.2006 - 23:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=4589] on 01.06.2006 at 22:47

Hey, Laevos, 3 times bigger than Europe it's too much. But Brazil is the forth biggest country in the world (US is bigger with Alaska, but I don't count this shit! hehehe!).

We have our problems (and we have US, England and Portugal to thank for it... hehehe!) but it's a beautiful country and I love it! We have awesome Metal bands, we have the best football players, we have a lot of other good stuffs that I don't to write because I'm damn lazy... hehehehe!

Man Russia are biggest country in the world so, also Canada are big, and

I agre about Metal bands my fav are Avec Tristia, and many many more

But whay youb say Brazil is not best in Football, Vamos Argentina, Vamos Inependiente, Los Barachas Del Tablon

Man best country are Italy, Argentina, Elada ehh Croatia.

But landscape are greta and piranjas
----

apos;'
[image]
06.06.2006 - 21:53
*~Älatu~*
Account deleted
Yeah! México is great! I´m from Queretaro, but some friends changed the name: "Quereta-gore" ^^ also, I thingk that Disgorge, and Piraña are from Qro. ... Agora is from D.F (México)
We have colors, and holydays for each day! (jojo) ...Our food is delicious ¡TACOS TACOS, TAAAACOOOS!
I love my country! ^^
*~Älatu~*
06.06.2006 - 22:51
Lupas
Maximus
Most of you are telling us which is the biggest country.
Well in my case i live in the small country of all, Malta , the second small country in the world

Hurray and i'm proud of it ALtough small but whit a great histroy. More than America
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
07.06.2006 - 00:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lupas on 06.06.2006 at 22:51

Well in my case i live in the small country of all, Malta , the second small country in the world

no mn vatican, San Marino, Andora, Luxemburg, are smller
----

apos;'
[image]
07.06.2006 - 01:20
Falcon
Written by Bad English on 07.06.2006 at 00:50

Luxemburg is not smaller, but Monaco is
----

07.06.2006 - 01:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Falcon on 07.06.2006 at 01:20

Written by Bad English on 07.06.2006 at 00:50

Luxemburg is not smaller, but Monaco is

Well we can discuss aboutsmaler countries in fric re 2 countries who are smaler about ,alta too
----

apos;'
[image]
07.06.2006 - 20:44
Lupas
Maximus
The first 3 are
Vatican City
San Marino
Monoco

and Malta after Luxemburg.

Btw Today in malta is a National Holiday . This day is the day when back in 1919, 3 maltese men died in a small revolution against English goverment. From this day maltese people can have a represent in the government. This was the first step towards our independency that happend in 1964
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
07.06.2006 - 22:03
Metal_Messias
Account deleted
I didn't said that Brazil is the biggest, I wrote wrong I think.. It's in position 4, behind China, Canada and Russia. U.S. is bigger if count with Alaska, but Alaska is far form the country, so I don't count it. hehehe!

And Brazil is much better than Argentina on football! Who was the champion of America's Cup? Who was the champion of Confederation's Cup (I don't know if this is the correct name in english, it's just a poor translation from portuguese... hehehe! But we won Argentina by 4x1)? Who is 5 times champion of the World Cup? Who has excelent players like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Juninho, Cicinho, Roberto Carlos, Zé Roberto? The answer is Brazil!!! We rule when the subject is football!!!! hehehehe!
07.06.2006 - 23:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=4589] on 07.06.2006 at 22:03

I didn't said that Brazil is the biggest, I wrote wrong I think.. It's in position 4, behind China, Canada and Russia. U.S. is bigger if count with Alaska, but Alaska is far form the country, so I don't count it. hehehe!

And Brazil is much better than Argentina on football! Who was the champion of America's Cup? Who was the champion of Confederation's Cup (I don't know if this is the correct name in english, it's just a poor translation from portuguese... hehehe! But we won Argentina by 4x1)? Who is 5 times champion of the World Cup? Who has excelent players like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Juninho, Cicinho, Roberto Carlos, Zé Roberto? The answer is Brazil!!! We rule when the subject is football!!!! hehehehe!

Man how many times Argentina win in Coppa America, 3 Argentina more then 8, and Independiente, Estundiantes, Argentinos Juniors rulle in Copp Libertadoes, and yes Confederation cup are real name
Man Argentina win Brazil in Monumental what a game, I wasnt sleeping then.
and man Roberto Bagio if score then Italy 4, Brazil3, Germany can be 4, Brzil4 or 3 if Italy win WC 1994.

Man Pele, Garincha, Tafarel, kafu, Paolo Izadoru, Socrates, Zico, Rivelino was legends, not this generation.
So Hrvatsko 3-0 Brazil

Man joun in football tread and we can discuss there.
----

apos;'
[image]
10.06.2006 - 14:02
Lupas
Maximus
do you consider histroy as an important part of your country
----
10.06.2006 - 17:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lupas on 10.06.2006 at 14:02

man yes I agre history are important part of countryt
butr im shame about latvin history from 18th till 1918 and 1945-1991 :puke:
i think I shoud not explain why, but im proiud of german ere here
----

apos;'
[image]
18.06.2006 - 14:20
X-FrEaK

sure...Portugal is all about history!is one of the oldest countries ever! and we show the world...to the world

ahaha and we lost the European Football Cup to Greece...that just sucks...
----
18.06.2006 - 14:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by X-FrEaK on 18.06.2006 at 14:20

sure...Portugal is all about history!is one of the oldest countries ever! and we show the world...to the world

ahaha and we lost the European Football Cup to Greece...that just sucks...

Nope man Hellada beat you twice 2-1 AND 1-0 and I was dancing from happyness of Greek wictory
And Portugal ebatvLatvai too

But Portugal are nice country Porto, lisboa, Teju river, Doru river and nice wine, I like thsi great brige in porto town, amazing i just wanna see it, also there are good food, never eat it but I had seen, Portugal food its closer to my herat how latvian food, so maybe one day i go live there
----

apos;'
[image]
18.06.2006 - 16:29
Stigmatized
Do I dare write anything? Everyone knows my country is wasteful and our President can't say his own name....Anything else I need to say?
18.06.2006 - 16:45
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Stigmatized on 18.06.2006 at 16:29

Do I dare write anything? Everyone knows my country is wasteful and our President can't say his own name....Anything else I need to say?

But is not that wasteful . come on . Big country like that
You should give us info about the civil war between north and south , to begin with. See there is something to say
----
18.06.2006 - 21:50
X-FrEaK

LOLOLOL yes sorry but the USA are an arrogant country, the USA are one of the youngest countries in the world and they think they own everyone :|

but its not that bad...you helped europe in World War II and you invented McDonalds PP hum...i also have an xbox lolol

as for Kariasakis7: yes Portuguese food is awesome , we are going to win the World Cup you will see!! You refer Porto and Lisbon...i live in lisbon, actually i dont like Lisbon nor Porto, too old and very confusing :| if you are going to live here someday...Algarve, Costa da Caparica, Santa Maria da Feira, Sintra are all nice places P (i dont like Algarve though LOL)
----
18.06.2006 - 22:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Dream_of_Hate you shood tell us about indian killin in 19yh century and thay buffalos and wolfs was almoust killed, so maybe Katarina was punishmant for past sins

@X-FrEaK Man when i go there I need place where live near river or see where wwimm.
I saw movie about winyards near Portu and landscapa was woundefull, so nice place where swim and stay
----

apos;'
[image]
18.06.2006 - 23:30
Stigmatized
Written by X-FrEaK on 18.06.2006 at 21:50

LOLOLOL yes sorry but the USA are an arrogant country, the USA are one of the youngest countries in the world and they think they own everyone :|

but its not that bad...you helped europe in World War II and you invented McDonalds PP hum...i also have an xbox lolol

as for Kariasakis7: yes Portuguese food is awesome , we are going to win the World Cup you will see!! You refer Porto and Lisbon...i live in lisbon, actually i dont like Lisbon nor Porto, too old and very confusing :| if you are going to live here someday...Algarve, Costa da Caparica, Santa Maria da Feira, Sintra are all nice places P (i dont like Algarve though LOL)

Sure, we helped in WWII, but I hate McDonalds. Xbox is good though.

Lets see, I'm gonna try to list good things about America-

1. Nile
2. Burger King
3. Taco Bell
4. Morbid Angel
5. Slayer
6. Megadeth
7. Cradle of Filth isn't from here....
18.06.2006 - 23:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Dream_of_Hate about WWII you helped wrong side to winn, better give Germans USSR and help to Englnd hold western Europe, but its long ago

And man McDonalds are :puke: I only once eat burger an dafter it puke 2 days, i was 9 years old, now If i derink coce same I want puke

About metal well doom, black, and melo black and traditional where are bands ?
----

apos;'
[image]
19.06.2006 - 00:43
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by Stigmatized on 18.06.2006 at 23:30

Lets see, I'm gonna try to list good things about America-

1. Nile
2. Burger King
3. Taco Bell
4. Morbid Angel
5. Slayer
6. Megadeth
7. Cradle of Filth isn't from here....

I'll try to help

8. Metallica and Bay Area Thrash in general
9. Dream Theater
10. National parks
11. Thomas Alba Edison
12. Richard Feynman (I'm a very biased Physics student, lol)
13. The Marx Brothers
14. Isaac Asimov (although he was born in Mother Russia)
15. The NBA

I'm sure I might remember some more later. Sadly, the history of my country is such that its victories have brought nothing good to this world, but its defeats are usually connected to some global development and cultural splendour. For example: The discovery of America paced the way for the extermination of millions of American natives; the Spanish hegemony in the 16th century, where we tried to establish a Catholic world dominated by the Church and its Inquisition, was opposed to humanistic movements in Italy and the Netherlands. In contrast, the loss of several territories of the former Spanish Empire, which took part in the 17th century, saw the most important shining in literature history, the so-called Siglo de Oro ("Golden Century"): Lope de Vega, Tirso de Molina, Quevedo or Calderón de la Barca in Spain to name a few; Molière and Jean Racine in France; John Milton and Aphra Behn in England, and so on. Not to mention the loss of the American colonies where Indians had been murdered, raped and enslaved for 400 years! Sure the submarine and helicopter were firstly designed by some Spaniards, but used by strangers.

In my opinion, the only good thing that the existance of Spain has brought to the world is sangría http://www.wineintro.com/sangria/
20.06.2006 - 02:04
X-FrEaK
Written by Taktsekte on 19.06.2006 at 00:43

I'm sure I might remember some more later. Sadly, the history of my country is such that its victories have brought nothing good to this world, but its defeats are usually connected to some global development and cultural splendour. For example: The discovery of America paced the way for the extermination of millions of American natives; the Spanish hegemony in the 16th century, where we tried to establish a Catholic world dominated by the Church and its Inquisition, was opposed to humanistic movements in Italy and the Netherlands. In contrast, the loss of several territories of the former Spanish Empire, which took part in the 17th century, saw the most important shining in literature history, the so-called Siglo de Oro ("Golden Century"): Lope de Vega, Tirso de Molina, Quevedo or Calderón de la Barca in Spain to name a few; Molière and Jean Racine in France; John Milton and Aphra Behn in England, and so on. Not to mention the loss of the American colonies where Indians had been murdered, raped and enslaved for 400 years! Sure the submarine and helicopter were firstly designed by some Spaniards, but used by strangers.

In my opinion, the only good thing that the existance of Spain has brought to the world is sangría http://www.wineintro.com/sangria/

spanish hegemony? ahah the portuguese started it all, you were the students, the portuguese were the teachers

lol i thought Sangria was portuguese nevertheless i get drunk with Sangria a lot of times LOL
----
20.06.2006 - 02:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well but how many countries speek spanish and how portugl(exept Africa)

But you shood remeber reconcista spanish and portugl was unite to fight against maors, about colonies in SA, soanish was teachers and portigeases was studends, ll koncistadoirs was whit soanish name, Pisko, ehh im in summer holiday I dont want digging in history, lest takk about it in september
----

apos;'
[image]