Metal Storm logo
Your favourite season?

Original post

Posted by Stalker, 22.03.2007 - 23:52
Being that I'm big admirer of nature, it came across my mind that it would be nice to know what do you people think about certain parts of year, and which is your favourite. Especially because we all live in different parts of world, and things look different in different places, so to say. You get the idea.

Concerning me, I like better "transient" seasons, autumn and spring, that are between two extremes - winter and summer. I like more those hints of changes that are coming to be, than that change itself. And between spring and autumn, I choose autumn, because spring is too lively and colorfull for me, all aroun bee's buzzing, butterflies flying, tons of flowers and noise everywhere...
Although its for some poeple too depresive and boring, I like autumn because its more quiet and peacefull, I like watching and listening rain, or sitting in forest in absolute silence, when you cant hear anything except falling of the leaves... its one of the most beautifull things for me....

So, which do you like (or dislike), please explain why??

Poll

Which is your favourite part of the year??

Winter
Summer
Autumn
Spring

Total votes: 174
03.04.2007 - 15:44
Hyvaarin
Written by [user id=20800] on 01.04.2007 at 11:42

d'I og rof retniw esuaceb fo eht lufituaeb seirenecs taht esira. XD

Way annoying to read haha.

I like winter the best. Australian summers suck the big one - no matter what I do, I'm sweating and uncomfortable - swimming offers some relief, but it doesn't change the fact that life generally becomes gross and miserable. Spring has magpies, so that's ruled out. Autumn's nice, but just a milder winter.

Winter, though... . I can live without dying of heat, clothes don't have to be constantly washed, sleeping actually becomes nice, I can listen to black metal with maximum enjoyment, I can wear the ol' leather jacket/cooler clothes, it rains/fogs more, smoking is actually pleasurable (not that I do it much, but still).
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
09.04.2007 - 07:57
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I'd like to post here again, I'm now in the season I like...the end of winter, but not yet the beginning of summer, the weather is neither too hot nor cold. The evenings are usually cloudy and windy, with thunders. I really enjoy this kind of weather. When the wind blows, everyone shut their windows and sit in their rooms... and this really gives a very calm feeling.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
09.04.2007 - 17:29
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Well I prefer Winter too. Australian Summers really suck hard, so Summer is my least favourite. The positives of Winter greatly outweigh those of Summer. Autumn isn't bad either. It never really rains in Autumn any more though...
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
10.04.2007 - 00:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Raiden on 09.04.2007 at 17:29

Well I prefer Winter too. Australian Summers really suck hard, so Summer is my least favourite. The positives of Winter greatly outweigh those of Summer. Autumn isn't bad either. It never really rains in Autumn any more though...

Hhaha probobly Australia winter are like here summer, or something simmilar does there are colder how +15*C in winter?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.04.2007 - 04:18
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by Bad English on 10.04.2007 at 00:40

Hhaha probobly Australia winter are like here summer, or something simmilar does there are colder how +15*C in winter?

Haha, something like that. We did laugh at the English when they were whinging about having a "heat wave" of around 30°C in their last summer though
----
- Bruce Dickinson

10.04.2007 - 10:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Raiden on 10.04.2007 at 04:18

Haha, something like that. We did laugh at the English when they were whinging about having a "heat wave" of around 30°C in their last summer though

Hahah I saw scotisch pl here in +1*C whit kilt and no t-shirt almoust nacked I was whit a lot of shirts and jackets haha

Yeah I wanna go there and live
----

10.04.2007 - 12:19
Torelli

I probably couldn't stand Australian summers, I'm starting to complain as soon the temprature is over 25°C.... The ideal would be around 10-15°C, which means autumn or early spring here.
The same way people here complaining about the heat, tourists complains about the cold instead. They think it's freezing when the temprature is under 0°C(normal winter here is about - 10°C). Some tourist even have jackets when it's 20°C...
10.04.2007 - 13:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Torelli on 10.04.2007 at 12:19

I probably couldn't stand Australian summers, I'm starting to complain as soon the temprature is over 25°C.... The ideal would be around 10-15°C, which means autumn or early spring here.
The same way people here complaining about the heat, tourists complains about the cold instead. They think it's freezing when the temprature is under 0°C(normal winter here is about - 10°C). Some tourist even have jackets when it's 20°C...

Hahah man I wa sin Northen Sweden and I saw how ppl was inside whole summer when was +30*C abouit IMO isty normal tempreture for walking
I never had complain about more how 30 degreas, besides all pll here do that
What can I say its gens, I had helenic blood
----

10.04.2007 - 16:18
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Yes, it's all quite interesting how it gets colder or warmer in different parts of the world. It means too that sunrise/sunset is different. In summer the sun can get to 9.30pm and be still setting. In winter though it can be down before 6.00pm. What's it like over in other parts of the world?
----
- Bruce Dickinson

10.04.2007 - 16:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Raiden on 10.04.2007 at 16:18

Yes, it's all quite interesting how it gets colder or warmer in different parts of the world. It means too that sunrise/sunset is different. In summer the sun can get to 9.30pm and be still setting. In winter though it can be down before 6.00pm. What's it like over in other parts of the world?

Hahah man in north sun are whole day and night but in winter no sun

Here in summer it rise in maybe 4-5 am(hope am are in morning) and goes down 9pm winter rise hmm 9am and gos doonw 4pm but well if its clody here you cant see sun, but summer hhah well in night isr light specely june
----

17.04.2007 - 13:19
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
Written by Hyvaarin on 03.04.2007 at 15:44

Written by [user id=20800] on 01.04.2007 at 11:42

d'I og rof retniw esuaceb fo eht lufituaeb seirenecs taht esira. XD

Way annoying to read haha.

Lmao, thats what the site looked when I signed in at that time, the words were mispelled everywhere, And I thought they were doing that on purpose just for the fuck of it.......turns out. It wasnt on purpose. :|
hahaha I feel so stupid.....which is a good thing. XD.
17.04.2007 - 16:38
slowdeathchick
I love the summer time. Summer means my birthday, swimming, camping, hiking, road trips, more band time, hanging out at the river, cook outs, beer bashes.....Good times happen in the summer, how could you not love it.
----
The past defines the future, but sometimes you must leave something behind to be able to grow.

Gaahl
17.04.2007 - 17:21
Nixx
Account deleted
I prefer the norwegian autumns and winters. ^^
its probably the two most different seasons in Norway, in any way.
Autumn with all its red and yellow (sometimes even green) colours, and the rain and wind.
And the winter, where the Norwegian nature folds its natural beauty. (getting all philosophic here <_< ).

Hate summer-time, it's too hot, and we got all the bimbos and wannabe macho ppl roaming the streets -.-"
17.04.2007 - 19:07
Ernis
狼獾
Written by [user id=20369] on 17.04.2007 at 17:21

Autumn with all its red and yellow (sometimes even green) colours, and the rain and wind.
And the winter, where the Norwegian nature folds its natural beauty. (getting all philosophic here <_< ).

Hate summer-time, it's too hot, and we got all the bimbos and wannabe macho ppl roaming the streets -.-"

I would really like to see Norwegian autumn and winter....these seasons must be extremely beautiful in your country....
Concerning summer...I really hate it so fucking much...I hate summer too much....We're having a heat wave here in Estonia....it's from 8C to 21C...one moment you're sweating like an animal, the next minute a cold wind makes you feel chilly...it's abnormal....I was going to the sports center by bus...and you know what....the bus had it's heaters switched on....and the hot sun beamed through the window....I had a nice t-shirt....which became all sweaty after this....
I hate summer....and unfortunately it is summer here....no clouds...only hot temperature and sun....I heard we'll have rain and sleet soon...can hardly wait...
17.04.2007 - 20:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Man in Noraw cant be real summer and hot no way even in Baltic has not real summers when afe hot hot IMO its 40*C but +20*C man I need glows then
----

17.04.2007 - 21:53
Nixx
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 17.04.2007 at 20:08

Man in Noraw cant be real summer and hot no way even in Baltic has not real summers when afe hot hot IMO its 40*C but +20*C man I need glows then

Summers in Norway are hotter than people tend to believe, sure, it's not as hot as in southern europe, but when the sun is 35+degrees, it's way too hot for me, it's just who I am as a person
other Norwegians seem to like the summer very much though.
But like I said, the autumns, and winters in Norway, are definatly the best seasons of the year, and spring on a really really good 3rd place.
17.04.2007 - 21:58
Nixx
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 17.04.2007 at 19:07

I would really like to see Norwegian autumn and winter....these seasons must be extremely beautiful in your country....
Concerning summer...I really hate it so fucking much...I hate summer too much....We're having a heat wave here in Estonia....it's from 8C to 21C...one moment you're sweating like an animal, the next minute a cold wind makes you feel chilly...it's abnormal....I was going to the sports center by bus...and you know what....the bus had it's heaters switched on....and the hot sun beamed through the window....I had a nice t-shirt....which became all sweaty after this....
I hate summer....and unfortunately it is summer here....no clouds...only hot temperature and sun....I heard we'll have rain and sleet soon...can hardly wait...

yeah it's the same in Norway now, really hate it.
the sun has been "burning" (as much as it can in "chilly" Norway ) for 2weeks straight, im just begging for the clouds and the rain to come. and the wind ^^
The winter just lost its grip, and to be honest, after almost 6 months of winter, im ready for the spring :p
the REAL spring, not the hot ones

And yeah, if you're a nature person, you should without a doubt come and see Norway, I don't like to brag, but I believe that Norway must be one of the most beautiful countries in the world, I consider myself really lucky to be living here
17.04.2007 - 22:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=20369] on 17.04.2007 at 21:53

Summers in Norway are hotter than people tend to believe, sure, it's not as hot as in southern europe, but when the sun is 35+degrees, it's way too hot for me, it's just who I am as a person
But like I said, the autumns, and winters in Norway, are definatly the best seasons of the year, and spring on a really really good 3rd place.

Man +35*C then I go out ist nice for walk and live

I was in Norden Sweden I saw non ppl outside when was about +30*C I wa sonly walking going to football and sun didnt damige me, but when was +10*C I was freezing and outside was full whit ppl
----

17.04.2007 - 22:09
Nixx
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 17.04.2007 at 22:03

Written by [user id=20369] on 17.04.2007 at 21:53

Man +35*C then I go out ist nice for walk and live

I was in Norden Sweden I saw non ppl outside when was about +30*C I wa sonly walking going to football and sun didnt damige me, but when was +10*C I was freezing and outside was full whit ppl

well we aren't used to what I would call "the explosive heat", once it gets really really hot, some people like to stay home and just try to cool themselves down.
17.04.2007 - 22:09
Sunioj
Its crazy, in Israel its been colder then in some parts of Europe for the last few months, when it snowed here in January my friend f/finland called me and apparently there was more snow here then there. Its starting to get warmer for spring so my allergies are going loco.
17.04.2007 - 22:24
Martinikuss
Only Spring therefor Im waiting impatient for Summer and vacation
17.04.2007 - 22:28
Nixx
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 17.04.2007 at 22:09

Its crazy, in Israel its been colder then in some parts of Europe for the last few months, when it snowed here in January my friend f/finland called me and apparently there was more snow here then there. Its starting to get warmer for spring so my allergies are going loco.

im starting to take this "global warming" thing for real o.0
17.04.2007 - 22:37
Sunioj
Yeah, I think that even if the threat isnt real, we should still take the time to make sure that we dont pollute the envireonment.
17.04.2007 - 22:40
Nixx
Account deleted
yeah, Norwegian politicians are having a little "omg omg remember the environment" period right now, I think it's great thing, specially since we Norwegians have only the nature and the metal to brag about :p
17.04.2007 - 23:40
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Hellraizer: Yah...we just had a huge blizzard yesterday and it's all melted right now...it's been at least ten degrees below seasonal all month so far...
18.04.2007 - 10:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=2084] on 17.04.2007 at 23:40

@Hellraizer: Yah...we just had a huge blizzard yesterday and it's all melted right now...it's been at least ten degrees below seasonal all month so far...

I saw in new Mexico and southern states has blizzrd too
----

18.04.2007 - 12:58
Ernis
狼獾
Woke up this morning...the heat wave is over...hopefully...
The sky was dark instead of bright and it was raining a tiny bit...I could go outside without becoming sweaty....today I could really say that the weather made me shine....
18.04.2007 - 13:53
Oracle
Orcinus
my favourite season would have to be spring because its not too hot and its not too cold, its the perfect season for doing stuff like camping but i like all seasons to be honest because its nice to have a change with weather. summer gets way too hot where i live but then we have really cold winters too.
18.04.2007 - 14:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Oracle on 18.04.2007 at 13:53

my favourite season would have to be spring because its not too hot and its not too cold, its the perfect season for doing stuff like camping but i like all seasons to be honest because its nice to have a change with weather. summer gets way too hot where i live but then we have really cold winters too.

How cold +15*C or +10*C
I hear in Tasamany are cold winter an dnot nice but in Continental Australia not
----

18.04.2007 - 14:22
Nixx
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 18.04.2007 at 12:58

Woke up this morning...the heat wave is over...hopefully...
The sky was dark instead of bright and it was raining a tiny bit...I could go outside without becoming sweaty....today I could really say that the weather made me shine....

It's only cloudy in Norway
Give rain!