Metal Storm logo
Your favourite season?

Original post

Posted by Stalker, 22.03.2007 - 23:52
Being that I'm big admirer of nature, it came across my mind that it would be nice to know what do you people think about certain parts of year, and which is your favourite. Especially because we all live in different parts of world, and things look different in different places, so to say. You get the idea.

Concerning me, I like better "transient" seasons, autumn and spring, that are between two extremes - winter and summer. I like more those hints of changes that are coming to be, than that change itself. And between spring and autumn, I choose autumn, because spring is too lively and colorfull for me, all aroun bee's buzzing, butterflies flying, tons of flowers and noise everywhere...
Although its for some poeple too depresive and boring, I like autumn because its more quiet and peacefull, I like watching and listening rain, or sitting in forest in absolute silence, when you cant hear anything except falling of the leaves... its one of the most beautifull things for me....

So, which do you like (or dislike), please explain why??

Poll

Which is your favourite part of the year??

Winter
Summer
Autumn
Spring

Total votes: 174
18.04.2007 - 14:23
Oracle
Orcinus
Written by Bad English on 18.04.2007 at 14:17

Written by Oracle on 18.04.2007 at 13:53

my favourite season would have to be spring because its not too hot and its not too cold, its the perfect season for doing stuff like camping but i like all seasons to be honest because its nice to have a change with weather. summer gets way too hot where i live but then we have really cold winters too.

How cold +15*C or +10*C
I hear in Tasamany are cold winter an dnot nice but in Continental Australia not

Well i live in New South Wales in Australia and sometimes in winter in the mornings at my house it gets to -1 but durning the day its not too bad but nights are freezing. the hottest we ever get in summer is about 40 degrees but not always.
18.04.2007 - 14:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Oracle on 18.04.2007 at 14:23

my favourite season would have to be spring because its not too hot and its not too cold, its the perfect season for doing stuff like camping but i like all seasons to be honest because its nice to have a change with weather. summer gets way too hot where i live but then we have really cold winters too.

How cold +15*C or +10*C
I hear in Tasamany are cold winter an dnot nice but in Continental Australia not

Well i live in New South Wales in Australia and sometimes in winter in the mornings at my house it gets to -1 but durning the day its not too bad but nights are freezing. the hottest we ever get in summer is about 40 degrees but not always.

- in Australia I cant belive, but ok if in day its in + 10*C or + its ok
I hate such days its - 5*C but sun are shining and its hot whit clouds such thinks odffen hepen here in February
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.04.2007 - 14:44
Oracle
Orcinus
Written by Bad English on 18.04.2007 at 14:25

Written by Oracle on 18.04.2007 at 14:23

How cold +15*C or +10*C

- in Australia I cant belive, but ok if in day its in + 10*C or + its ok
I hate such days its - 5*C but sun are shining and its hot whit clouds such thinks odffen hepen here in February

well it does get really cold here but in places like Queensland are hot all yar round but it still gets quite cool at night. so how cold does it get in your country?
18.04.2007 - 14:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Oracle - In winter well it depends but ususlay -5*C till -15*C but can be -30*C some times ist not nice here in winter ugly snow and dark and cold sometimes I diddnt go out 5 weeks
----

18.04.2007 - 15:16
Oracle
Orcinus
Written by Bad English on 18.04.2007 at 14:56

@Oracle - In winter well it depends but ususlay -5*C till -15*C but can be -30*C some times ist not nice here in winter ugly snow and dark and cold sometimes I diddnt go out 5 weeks

How hot do your summers get? it doesnt snow where i live. it only has once but that was only one occasion and that must have been a very cold winter. i used to live close to victoria and it was way colder than where i live now, even in summers it was cold.
18.04.2007 - 15:25
GANG METALSTORM
Written by APOHAKC on 03.04.2007 at 04:13

Winter of cause, (NOT BECAUSE I AM METALHEAD, GOD!!) I hate summer and when it is hot, in summer there are lot of god damn snakes around here and I hate them, Spring is fine I suppose, Autumn is awful, rain and staff, Winter is great. I like when first snow fall, and than I like to walk through the forest, I like when it is cold, only thing I don't like much is cold wind, but nothing special, and the most important thing, there are no snakes. And smoking cigarets is much better on winter when it is cold than on summer when you are sweating like a pig and smell like my cousins dinner, the last thing you need is cigaret in mouth...

Sorry for my little confusion, but did you mean snakes as kind of animal or else?
18.04.2007 - 15:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Oracle on 18.04.2007 at 15:16

How hot do your summers get? it doesnt snow where i live. it only has once but that was only one occasion and that must have been a very cold winter. i used to live close to victoria and it was way colder than where i live now, even in summers it was cold.

Summer its about +20*C till +30*C and sometimes +35*C but summer are one month hot nic sunny july-august in midle of agusts ist something from Autumn, but june it can be so and so
Night its not cold maybe 5 degrees less how in dav
----

18.04.2007 - 16:25
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite

You hate winter and its temperature because your bottles are frozen and you can't drink them.
You can admit it to us. We don't repeat it, promise
18.04.2007 - 17:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by White Winter Sun on 18.04.2007 at 16:25

You hate winter and its temperature because your bottles are frozen and you can't drink them.
You can admit it to us. We don't repeat it, promise

No man I hate it because its cold I cant waer t-shirt letter jacket outside and i freeze, I had mediterainain gens and i love sun and positice tempretre
----

18.04.2007 - 17:33
LadyThrash
Account deleted
i love summer. i love being hot.ooo

i dont like winter.. i dont like being cold..
18.04.2007 - 18:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=23252] on 18.04.2007 at 17:33

i love summer. i love being hot.ooo

i dont like winter.. i dont like being cold..

hahahaha me too, me too someone are here in my side too
----

18.04.2007 - 18:40
Opium
Account deleted
If anything, I'd say Autumn. Nice calm weather, generally. Perfect, relaxing sun, when it does come out and not too cold either.
18.04.2007 - 19:56
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Wow, outside is like autumn, hard wind is blowing, sky is gray, yeah, perfect weather for me. Too bad i dont have some suitable music for this situatuion, it could be very relaxing....
----
18.04.2007 - 21:14
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Summer of course. Weather is warm, grass is green, nature is beautiful etc. If you have only 3 warm months in a year, then you learn to appreciate it.
18.04.2007 - 21:24
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by GANG METALSTORM on 18.04.2007 at 15:25

Winter of cause, (NOT BECAUSE I AM METALHEAD, GOD!!) I hate summer and when it is hot, in summer there are lot of god damn snakes around here and I hate them, Spring is fine I suppose, Autumn is awful, rain and staff, Winter is great. I like when first snow fall, and than I like to walk through the forest, I like when it is cold, only thing I don't like much is cold wind, but nothing special, and the most important thing, there are no snakes. And smoking cigarets is much better on winter when it is cold than on summer when you are sweating like a pig and smell like my cousins dinner, the last thing you need is cigaret in mouth...

Sorry for my little confusion, but did you mean snakes as kind of animal or else?
Since he didnt answer you, I'll try, because I strongly believe that he meant on animals. I cant think of any other reference on snakes, except as animals. Probably snake has few meanings in your language, since you ask???
----
18.04.2007 - 22:44
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Kariasakis7: Really? That hardly ever happens...that's proof right there that the weather is indeed fucked up and will only become more fucked up with time...
18.04.2007 - 23:02
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Stalker on 18.04.2007 at 21:24

Since he didnt answer you, I'll try, because I strongly believe that he meant on animals. I cant think of any other reference on snakes, except as animals. Probably snake has few meanings in your language, since you ask???

Yes - he meant real snakes - he has told me there are lots in the forest near to where he lives.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
18.04.2007 - 23:11
Ernis
狼獾
Written by UnholyMenace on 18.04.2007 at 21:14

Summer of course. Weather is warm, grass is green, nature is beautiful etc. If you have only 3 warm months in a year, then you learn to appreciate it.

You've got to be kidding right? Well...I have nothing against warm weather but I'm completely against heat...and for me heat starts with +20C...it's unbearable...and I can't tolerate any sunlight at all....Can't you see what's going on in our country today? It's awful...I took a bus to Nõmme and not only were the heaters in the bus turned on, the sun was scorching straight into my face.....thanks to oh-so-lovely warm weather I must wash my clothes every fucking day because I sweat like an animal...so....if it was raining and if the temperatures were from -5C in winter to the maximum of 16C in summer and if there were no sunlight at all....this would be the real paradise for me....

I visited HRL last year and guess what ruined it for me? SUN and HEAT!!!

And no...nature isn't beautiful in summer...nature withers in the scorching heat....and all flaws and bad things become visible and even more repulsive in the light...
18.04.2007 - 23:23
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Written by Ernis on 18.04.2007 at 23:11

You've got to be kidding right? Well...I have nothing against warm weather but I'm completely against heat...and for me heat starts with +20C...it's unbearable...and I can't tolerate any sunlight at all....Can't you see what's going on in our country today? It's awful...I took a bus to Nõmme and not only were the heaters in the bus turned on, the sun was scorching straight into my face.....thanks to oh-so-lovely warm weather I must wash my clothes every fucking day because I sweat like an animal...so....if it was raining and if the temperatures were from -5C in winter to the maximum of 16C in summer and if there were no sunlight at all....this would be the real paradise for me....

I visited HRL last year and guess what ruined it for me? SUN and HEAT!!!

And no...nature isn't beautiful in summer...nature withers in the scorching heat....and all flaws and bad things become visible and even more repulsive in the light...
But nobody is holding you here - you can easily move to Alaska or some other place where you feel more comfortable. People are different and I guess same goes to you and me. I guess if you pick out only the bad sides, then every single thing in the world may seem bad and disgusting.
19.04.2007 - 07:45
Judas
The Amputator
I hate the summers here, they're so damn long and you really melt. The temperatures rarely go below 30C and are frequently well above 35C, and sometimes exceeding 40C. Winters piss me off, because they aren't cold enough to be called winter. You Europeans will laugh, and with good reason - the daytime temperature is hardly ever below 15C, and even at night, it only drops to around 5C at the very coldest.

Autumn and spring are good seasons, usually temperatures between 20C and 30C, which allows for the wearing of leather jackets but also for lots of outdoor activity without being drenched in sweat. Spring gets my vote, actually, because it starts with some really strong winds and then slowly it gets warmer and warmer, the plants bloom etc etc.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
19.04.2007 - 07:56
Oracle
Orcinus
@Judas: Yeah summers are hot hey, Brisbane isnt far from where i live and we get about the same temperatures and what you mentioned.
this year we couldnt even fill our pool because of water restrictions and it was too hot to do anything outside so i just sat inside for most of the summer. im so glad it isnt summer anymore, i hate being sticky and sweaty.
19.04.2007 - 11:10
Ernis
狼獾
@UnholyMenace....actually you're right...I am considering moving....I think the climate of Ireland is the best for me...it's rarely over 20C there in July and it rains in winter and the sky is nice and cloudy and everything is green and living...however, I know that it's hot even in Ireland at the moment...I'm afraid global warming is affecting us all.....

About summer....well...of course...unlike K7, I really dislike sun, suntan and being sticky with sweat....this is hell....
19.04.2007 - 14:56
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Oracle on 19.04.2007 at 07:56

@Judas: Yeah summers are hot hey, Brisbane isnt far from where i live and we get about the same temperatures and what you mentioned.
this year we couldnt even fill our pool because of water restrictions and it was too hot to do anything outside so i just sat inside for most of the summer. im so glad it isnt summer anymore, i hate being sticky and sweaty.

I'm not really a swimming/beach type of person, but some days I would die for a dip in the pool, except we have the very same problem, we're not allowed to fill it up when the water level drops. Come on, rain...
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
19.04.2007 - 15:29
Oracle
Orcinus
Written by Judas on 19.04.2007 at 14:56

Written by Oracle on 19.04.2007 at 07:56

I'm not really a swimming/beach type of person, but some days I would die for a dip in the pool, except we have the very same problem, we're not allowed to fill it up when the water level drops. Come on, rain...

Yeah we need the rain so bad, especially because we live on a farm with cattle and the water in the dams are getting low. i hope it rains soon otherwise were screwed if those dams run out of water.
19.04.2007 - 16:32
dark-1988
Account deleted
Winter!!

I really cannot stand the heat.
I like to be cold, like my heart.

Also my B'Day is in the winter.
19.04.2007 - 16:58
GANG METALSTORM
Written by hanna of steel on 18.04.2007 at 23:02

Written by Stalker on 18.04.2007 at 21:24

Yes - he meant real snakes - he has told me there are lots in the forest near to where he lives.

I got it, . Just because I was confused by thinking that none of snakes in Europe
19.04.2007 - 21:33
APOHAKC
The Bard
@Jet Of cause I meant on animals... they are awful, I hate them... They are not very dangerous but they can do damage and I don't like them even on pictures.. I am less scared to walk into forest on winter when there are wolfs and staff than on summer...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
19.04.2007 - 23:24
Ernis
狼獾
Written by GANG METALSTORM on 19.04.2007 at 16:58

I got it, . Just because I was confused by thinking that none of snakes in Europe

To be honest, we have snakes even here in Estonia...and they are venomous...you usually don't die if the ambulance comes on time....but you may get serious injuries...a woman I know, who lived in Saaremaa, an island in the Baltic Sea, when she was in high school, she was tanning in her garden and then a snake bit her....she was rescued but she threw up for a long time and it was painful and very unpleasant...besides...the leg that was bitten swelled....as a result it was painful and difficult to walk afterwards.....

Another thing we have in summer, are bugs....these are like tiny spiders....it is hard to notice them....but many of them may infect you with a dangerous disease which affects your brain.....our neighbours son, a strong young man was on the brink of becoming paralyzed for the rest of his life.....a wife of another neighbour was taken to hospital and was in coma...she is a bit demented after the bite of this bug....fortunately people are vaccinated against this disease.....you see....all this occurs in summer....
21.04.2007 - 02:05
Oracle
Orcinus
I dont like summers because of snakes. they are everywhere where i live and we have to be very careful where we walk because they could be anywhere we walk. we have the most venomous snakes in the world i think. but im not sure. we always see snakes on the road and sometimes we see them in the chook pen or where my dog sleeps. im so scared that my dog will get bitten because he always tries to kill them.
21.04.2007 - 16:14
GANG METALSTORM
@Aronax, Milto, Orcale: me too. I dont like summer. I fear of snakes, most horror kind of animal to me. I dont know if I dare to live in where there are snakes around. But I guess snakes exist there becuase no one hunt it. Different to the Orient, ppl in India worship it, and in my city ppl eat it, .

Winter has special thing that is wolves. They are great, though I dont know if they bite/attack/eat us when walking in forest