Metal Storm logo
Who, in your opinion, has the best username?

Original post

Posted by LeChron James, 20.07.2008 - 22:54
i thought of this question when i was *ahem* BOMBED out of my skull a few nights ago but neglected to pose it. who do you think has the best username (for those of you that choose pseudonyms over real names)? discuss.

EDIT 7-22: a one worded "mine" answer isnt good enough, as lucas points out, so try and explain yourself without only saying "mine".
07.10.2008 - 13:57
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
what about "_HIV_" ? if it means what i think: Human Immunodeficiency Virus
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
08.10.2008 - 11:34
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 07.10.2008 at 13:57

what about "_HIV_" ? if it means what i think: Human Immunodeficiency Virus

Yeah, but don't contact him via PM because he may infect you!!
09.10.2008 - 21:57
Valentin B
Iconoclast
http://metalstorm.ee/users/profile.php?user_id=6791

this one is pretty good
09.10.2008 - 23:00
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Valentin B on 09.10.2008 at 21:57

this one is pretty good

then say a Happy Birthday to him.
----
10.10.2008 - 05:17
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 09.10.2008 at 23:00

Written by Valentin B on 09.10.2008 at 21:57

this one is pretty good

then say a Happy Birthday to him.

hahaha i definitely just said happy birthday to him
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
10.10.2008 - 21:03
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
hahahaah this is a funny one

Faggot the Llama

EDIT 10/27

AMONAMARTHFTW! is a good one too.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
21.11.2008 - 01:49
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Me of course!!!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
22.11.2008 - 16:16
Frankenchrist
I think LeChron James is pretty sweet.
----
Blat Blat
24.11.2008 - 02:54
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Frankenchrist on 22.11.2008 at 16:16

I think LeChron James is pretty sweet.

why thank you, sir.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

24.11.2008 - 11:14
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by LeChron James on 03.10.2008 at 23:22

Written by [user id=5630] on 02.10.2008 at 23:27

Written by LeChron James on 02.10.2008 at 05:36

Written by [user id=5630] on 02.10.2008 at 03:57

I have the best username. All others are inferior to me.

dude your username comes from a cd/song. -10 originality points.

I sense your jealousy.

i sense a lack of creativity.

Hey man, not fair, mines named after a Motorhead song. I probably have the most unoriginal (thats if you don't count the couple dozen Bodom related usernames- plays on the band name like Child Of Bodom or something) username on MS, I used to think it was cool, but then I found like 60 0000000 Dr.Rock's on myspace (well, actually 313, 000 to be exact). At the same time I don't know if I could ever let it go...Its been my profile name for almost 3 years, I guess when I find something really fucking awesome and clever I'll change it...

I wanted to change it to The Artist Formerly Known As Dr.Rock, but it seems thats too long.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.11.2008 - 11:26
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Doc G. on 24.11.2008 at 11:14

Written by LeChron James on 03.10.2008 at 23:22

Written by [user id=5630] on 02.10.2008 at 23:27

Written by LeChron James on 02.10.2008 at 05:36

Written by [user id=5630] on 02.10.2008 at 03:57

I have the best username. All others are inferior to me.

dude your username comes from a cd/song. -10 originality points.

I sense your jealousy.

i sense a lack of creativity.

Hey man, not fair, mines named after a Motorhead song. I probably have the most unoriginal (thats if you don't count the couple dozen Bodom related usernames- plays on the band name like Child Of Bodom or something) username on MS, I used to think it was cool, but then I found like 60 0000000 Dr.Rock's on myspace (well, actually 313, 000 to be exact). At the same time I don't know if I could ever let it go...Its been my profile name for almost 3 years, I guess when I find something really fucking awesome and clever I'll change it...

I wanted to change it to The Artist Formerly Known As Dr.Rock, but it seems thats too long.

dude your user name fits you so well. and if you changed your name to "Ther Artist Formerly Known as Dr. Rock" would be very Prince of you and i approve. not that my opinion matters, but i just think itd be really lame.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

24.11.2008 - 11:35
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by LeChron James on 24.11.2008 at 11:26

dude your user name fits you so well. and if you changed your name to "Ther Artist Formerly Known as Dr. Rock" would be very Prince of you and i approve. not that my opinion matters, but i just think itd be really lame.

I suppose...but I like Prince...

I just hate stumbling across people with the same nickname/username and thinking to myself: "that bastard stole my name!" then realizing they're actuall well-established DJs and such who have been using that name longer than I have.
----
- George Carlin
24.11.2008 - 11:44
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Doc G. on 24.11.2008 at 11:35

I just hate stumbling across people with the same nickname/username and thinking to myself: "that bastard stole my name!" then realizing they're actuall well-established DJs and such who have been using that name longer than I have.

Prince is cool and he can play guitar well, but the whole phallic imagery thing is kinda excessive. and for the record i think Dj Jazzy Jeff has the worst DJ name ever. up there with this clown [url] http://www.discogs.com/artist/DJ+Fuckin%27+Terrible [/url]
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

24.11.2008 - 11:47
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by LeChron James on 24.11.2008 at 11:44

Written by Doc G. on 24.11.2008 at 11:35

Prince is cool and he can play guitar well, but the whole phallic imagery thing is kinda excessive. and for the record i think Dj Jazzy Jeff has the worst DJ name ever. up there with this clown [url] http://www.discogs.com/artist/DJ+Fuckin%27+Terrible [/url]

Well, I meant radio DJs, but that DJ Fucken Terrible is pretty original IMO.
----
- George Carlin
24.11.2008 - 22:31
ß
Problem?
Quote:
Quote:

I think my original username is the most unoriginal just shows how unoriginal I am with creating usernames
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
25.11.2008 - 12:47
Judas
The Amputator
I'm really sick of my username, but it's the only one I've ever had on here so I guess I'll just keep it. Rather unoriginal, I was really surprised that no-one had taken it before me.

I think K7's current name, 'Bad English' is probably the most apt self-designator that I've ever seen. I quite liked 'Nervel' too.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
09.12.2008 - 15:39
BADDEST MEMBER
I like my new one. Just used it since a month. Considering other's, I like "Himann"
09.12.2008 - 17:54
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I agree Himann sounds fucking brutal and necro but quite friendly at the same time.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass

Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.

09.12.2008 - 18:13
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by Ernis on 06.10.2008 at 19:53

veder in Spanish means "to see"

In Medieval Spanish books only. The Spanish word for "to see" is "ver".

Still, I like your paleolinguist-oriented posts.
10.12.2008 - 11:25
BADDEST MEMBER
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.12.2008 at 17:54

I agree Himann sounds fucking brutal and necro but quite friendly at the same time.

Does that word, "Himann" has any meaning? I only know it is from a Norwegian Metalstormer, and I just like and pick it intuitively. I really dont know what it means, and which language it belongs... Norwegian?
10.12.2008 - 15:13
Yossarian
Hi,
Of course not mine. It is taken from a novel character.

I like the nicknames not so obvious for a metaller, so I will keep aside all the satanism, occultism, magic and steel related ones. Although if the people who use them see that as a reflection of their personality or to show a theme of their interest... it will the best way to identify themselves. So it is a great choice, the best choice for them.

Another trend is using the name of a favourite song, album or band. That is not original, but really really acceptable to show your admiration for something or somebody. Mine is an example of this, though I just like the sound of the name really. He was almost the only sane pilot in a military campsite during WW2 from the amazing novel Catch 22 by Joseph Heller.

I don't like also the ones very twisted or difficult to grasp. Not examples again to prevent having foes.

My favourite ones are the ones that have a pun, a trick of words, the ones that make you think, the ones original and pretty or the very funny ones.
Then I like Hobbit Viggo for mixing the real life name of Mortensen with the fictional name of the race that he did not belong to in LOTR.
I saw as well "Reborn Nemesis" that I like for it is simply pretty, though it could be from a song.
I like the name of the creator of this post for making an allusion to that great basketball player, though I can figure out what means the CH in the middle if it really means something.
"Darkside Momo" is really twisted, but not enough and easy to grasp in a way and for that brings a lot of attention too. This one will be perhaps my favourite if we had not a....

...Bad English. It is the name of a band all right, but he has identify himself so much with his nickname that it is simply worth to be consider for the best nickname. I don,t know if he writes that way on purpose to identify with his nickname or if it is just a way to kind of laugh about himself. Any way or the other, he is totally identified with his Metalstorm "character".
10.12.2008 - 17:59
Yossarian
Hello again,

I have traced back 1 week ago in "last seen online" to gather more stricking nicknames and I liked the following:
Smurfkiller,
<insert name>,
the cock,
Melancoholic,
Number Juan,
Sir Fancy Pants,
neverbuild2last
replica of me,
necromansy,
psychOpeth,
DeathCarrot,
and the best of all the funny ones:
you're all gay
10.12.2008 - 21:31
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Yossarian on 10.12.2008 at 17:59

<insert name>,
the cock,
you're all gay

at these names, I saw <insert name> some time ago and thought it was pretty good.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
10.12.2008 - 22:54
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen

Hello again,

I have traced back 1 week ago in "last seen online" to gather more stricking nicknames and I liked the following:
Smurfkiller,
<insert name>,
the cock,
Melancoholic,
Number Juan,
Sir Fancy Pants,
neverbuild2last
replica of me,
necromansy,
psychOpeth,
DeathCarrot,
and the best of all the funny ones:
you're all gay

HAHAHA the cock. "you're all gay" is a good one too. good calls.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

11.12.2008 - 11:12
Yossarian
Hi again,

another brilliant and funny nickname. "Fat & Sassy" quoted me in another forum.
11.12.2008 - 12:10
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah

<insert name>,
you're all gay

haha...good ones. i also found these:
I, braineater
hangedhead
I like St Anger
Die Hacker [PT]
----
11.12.2008 - 18:15
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by BADDEST MEMBER on 10.12.2008 at 11:25

Does that word, "Himann" has any meaning? I only know it is from a Norwegian Metalstormer, and I just like and pick it intuitively. I really dont know what it means, and which language it belongs... Norwegian?

As far as I know... there is a cartoon that is namd Himann

pyroleprechaun is really nice... and I also don't know what the fuck it means.
----

Rod, let me love you.

11.12.2008 - 18:19
BADDEST MEMBER
Written by X-Ray Rod on 11.12.2008 at 18:15

You mean, the cartoo character, He-Man, or Heman? I guess the "Himann" is different and sound better. As for the pyroleprechaunn, I guess its word playing: pyro- and leprechuan.
11.12.2008 - 18:20
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 11.12.2008 at 18:15

pyro = shortened version of "pyromaniac" (someone who loves fire and sets stuff on fire all the time)
leprechaun = irish dwarf (One of a race of elves in Irish folklore who can reveal hidden treasure to those who catch them, supposedly)
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
11.12.2008 - 18:29
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Lucas on 11.12.2008 at 18:20

pyro = shortened version of "pyromaniac" (someone who loves fire and sets stuff on fire all the time)
leprechaun = irish dwarf (One of a race of elves in Irish folklore who can reveal hidden treasure to those who catch them, supposedly)

Jjjajaja fuck... I know those words and I couldn't think about that until now XD

I thought about some kind of brutal disease.
----

Rod, let me love you.