Metal Storm logo
The Last Concert You Attended

Original post

Posted by Deadsoulman, 16.10.2007 - 09:33
Ok people, like the old one, this is the place to tell us your latest concert experiences!

I'll start by pasting my last message in the old thread:

I saw Behemoth, Kataklysm, Aborted and Lyfthrasyr on Sunday.

As I may write a report about this one, I won't say much. Just that Kataklysm, and above all Behemoth, were amazing. Really. Absolutely amazing. I've been blown away, even if it was the third time this year I was seeing Behemoth live (after the No Mercy fest and the Hellfest). But, as headliners, they are even better.

Ok, I'll just give you the setlists of the last two bands, for those who care
Setlist Kataklysm:
Like Angels (Weeping The Dark)
Let Them Burn
Ambassador Of Pain
The Resurrected
Crippled & Broken
Serenity In Fire
1999:6661:2000
Where The Enemy Sleeps...
Beyond Salvation
As I Slither
Face The Face Of War
Manipulator Of Souls
In Shadows And Dust

Setlist Behemoth:
Rome 64 C.E.
Slaying The Prophets Of Isa
Antichristian Phenomenon
Demigod
From The Pagan Vastlands
Prometherion
Conquer All
Christgrinding Avenue
Drum Solo
Slaves Shall Serve
As Above So Below
Summoning Of the Ancient Gods
Christians To The Lions
Decade Of Therion
Chant For Eschaton 2000

Encore:
I Got Erection (Turbonegro cover)

To reply to another post in the old thread, both bands played approximately 75 minutes.

Next to come is Enslaved and Keep Of Kalessin tomorrow
19.02.2008 - 09:51
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Tonight I went to the Doomsayers tour.

White Chapel
I don't know why these guys opened, but they were killer. The venue was already packed for this band and it was a little difficult for me and my friend to push our way up to the front. They only played for about half an hour, but it was a solid set. Sadly, they ran out of CD's and shirts.

Emmure
This is another trendy hardcore band, and despite the gay hardcore dancers, it was a fairly enjoyable set. They were actually really heavy - even heavier than they are on CD. Instead of doing those shouts/spoken passages, the lead singer just screamed some more. I was filled with anticipation for Cephalic Carnage though.

Cephalic Carnage
This was the third time for me seeing this band, and they remain one of my favorite live bands. Unlike the previous two times, they stopped after every fucking song, which was really annoying, but it doesn't matter because every song they played was fucking brutal. Some of the songs that I remembered them playing are Hybrid, Endless Cycle of Violence, Lucid Interval, Kill for Weed, Dying Will be the Death of Me, and BLACK METAL SABBATH! They put on masks that resembled corpse paint while playing that last song, and before it they played the King of the Hill theme song xD. Sadly, the mosh pit was pretty weak.

Darkest Hour
This is also my third time seeing this band. I liked them quite a bit when I was in high school, but after they released Undoing Ruin, I kinda lost interest. Some of the songs they played were Deliver Us, With a Thousand Words to Say but One, Convalescence, For the Soul of the Savior, a lot of songs from their new album, Sound the Surrender, Accessible Loses, and they closed with The Sadist Nation. Overall they had a great set - their stage presence was awesome and the mosh pit/crowd reaction was good as well.
19.02.2008 - 22:45
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by Dangerboner on 19.02.2008 at 09:51

White Chapel
I don't know why these guys opened, but they were killer. The venue was already packed for this band and it was a little difficult for me and my friend to push our way up to the front. They only played for about half an hour, but it was a solid set. Sadly, they ran out of CD's and shirts.

Yeah, i already had the opportunity to hear their album (The Somatic Defilement) and i was quite impressed. I think that they use three guitar players, am i right? I've noticed that in your pictures you wear a Leng Tch'e shirt. Have you ever seen them live?

Anyway my last gig (more like a small festival). The main bands were
Leng Tch'e, Impaled Nazarene. Leng Tch'e was absolutely killer! Then, there was another band that i already knew (Decadence), they have a female vocalist and they play Melodic Thrash Metal, quite enjoyable.
20.02.2008 - 01:57
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Unconsecrated on 19.02.2008 at 22:45

Written by Dangerboner on 19.02.2008 at 09:51

White Chapel

Yeah, i already had the opportunity to hear their album (The Somatic Defilement) and i was quite impressed. I think that they use three guitar players, am i right? I've noticed that in your pictures you wear a Leng Tch'e shirt. Have you ever seen them live?

Yep, they had three guitarists on stage...quite unusual for hardcore, but still it was awesome. And no, I haven't been able to see Leng T'che live yet. I don't think they tour the US too often.
20.02.2008 - 12:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Tonight I drukenly went to the Lucifer Over America Tour.

lol after the first band ended, I tried to sneak into the bar, even though I was already drunk. Since I'm only 20, I legally can't get in so I had to use my friend's ID, which usually works at the other venues. I nonchalantly showed the guard my friend's ID, and after looking at it for a while, he said something about the ID having brown eyes, while I have blue eyes. I didn't understand how he could have noticed, since it was kinda dark, but I told him that I had brown eyes. He shined a flashlight at my face to reveal my blue eyes, and told me he'd give the ID back to me, but I wasn't allowed in. He was really nice about it, but I acted pissed off. Five minutes later, he found me in the small crowd and told me that he talked to his boss because he felt bad, and that if I showed his boss my friend's ID, I could get in. But, my friend was standing next to me, and since I was afraid of him noticing (I've been kicked out before for alcohol-related issues) I quickly made up a lie and walked away. Wow that was a fucking useless story. Anyways....

Three bands I didn't care about played. Then:

Belphegor
I still think this band is for noobs. They were alright, but nothing special. I stood about 6 inches from the bassist, and he only played one fucking string the entire time. The only songs I recognized were Swarm of Rats, Lucifer Incestus, and one song where the chorus is like three words or something and it's really catchy, but the name escapes my mind at the moment.

Immolation
These guys are fucking crazy live. I stood at the very front because you do not mosh during Immolation, you bang your fucking head. I stood less than a foot away from guitarist Robert Vigna, and he was incredible as usual. This was my second time seeing them and they were just as good as last time. The only songs I remember them playing were Immolation, Hate's Plague, Passion Kill, The Condemned (fuck yeah!), Son of Iniquity, Burn With Jesus (I thnk), World Agony, and they closed with the song, Bring Them Down.

Immolation live is better than sex. I've had sex. I've seen Immolation. Immolation is better.

Rotting Christ
These guys were good, but I was already really tired and losing my drunk buzz. The lead singer played with a lot of energy and passion, but I was a little too burned out to fully enjoy them. They mostly played new songs, but they included Non Serviam as an encore.
22.02.2008 - 10:02
Evican
Ann O'War
My last concert was Nightwish.

We waiting outside the venue for about 5-6 hours before the doors opened and got front row. Just awesome. What kind of pisses you off though is very busty, short, rotund 40-something year old women who wear strapless corsets which are only just covering their nipples slip the security guards a $50 and get in 30 minutes before the doors open.

They were a hundred times better than they were when I saw them with Tarja.

Next show is Immortal in March!
22.02.2008 - 12:50
MadGatsu
Written by Evican on 22.02.2008 at 10:02

My last concert was Nightwish.

We waiting outside the venue for about 5-6 hours before the doors opened and got front row. Just awesome. What kind of pisses you off though is very busty, short, rotund 40-something year old women who wear strapless corsets which are only just covering their nipples slip the security guards a $50 and get in 30 minutes before the doors open.

They were a hundred times better than they were when I saw them with Tarja.

Next show is Immortal in March!

In case you missed the welcome thread, welcome m/
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
22.02.2008 - 15:42
Warman
Erotic Stains

We waiting outside the venue for about 5-6 hours before the doors opened and got front row. Just awesome.

Haha, me and my friends had no expectations so we came 5 minutes before the venue opened. We didn't even see the place due to the long line... still we got to stand in the front row, right at the stage. No fucking idea how it happened or why nobody took those places.
----
23.02.2008 - 04:36
Evican
Ann O'War
Written by Warman on 22.02.2008 at 15:42

We waiting outside the venue for about 5-6 hours before the doors opened and got front row. Just awesome.

Haha, me and my friends had no expectations so we came 5 minutes before the venue opened. We didn't even see the place due to the long line... still we got to stand in the front row, right at the stage. No fucking idea how it happened or why nobody took those places.

Nice work. The line was the same, there were people all the way up the street in both directions. Though the front row against the barrier was totally full within seconds of the doors opening.
23.02.2008 - 11:40
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
This was the first time in a while that I liked all of the bands that performed.

HMP
I was stuck waiting for a gay fucking train, as usual, so I missed their first two songs. I hadn't heard them prior to the show, but I was very surprised. They play a form of thrash metal that sounds a little similar to old Metal Church, but much faster.

Warbringer
This is another thrash band that I was unfamiliar with until today. They are fast as fuck - almost Dragonforce fast, including the guitar solos. The shredder even used the overhand technique. They were a little too cliche and I'm not big on harsh vocals used in thrash, but overall they were awesome.

Goatwhore
These guys were my main reason for going to this concert. They played songs from all three albums and had a strong stage presence. The lead singer even made us do a 4 corner wall of death, which is basically like Cephalic Carnage's 360 wall of death. It was brutal.

Exodus
Since this was mainly an old school thrash show, there were tons of old annoying people with skullets. I hate old people at shows because they're always drunk and obnoxious. Anyways, Exodus was great even though the first three or four songs they played were new ones. My favorite song of the night was Another Lesson in Violence, mostly because of the punky bass lines. I forget which song we did it to, but the lead singer made us do a wall of death, where I was in the very front line, of course. After that, Gary introduced the band for a while and told funny stories about each member. They played more songs, and then did three encore songs - a song I don't remember, Bonded by Blood, and Toxic Waltz. Before playing Toxic Waltz, they played six or seven random 45 second cover songs of Ritchie Blackmore, 2 Metallica songs, Black Sabbath, and some others. It was funny because there was a mosh pit for each one. xD

Another cool thing that happened was that during one of Gary's millions of guitar solos, the lead singer walked up to him and started picking, while someone else gave him a cup of water to drink as he was playing the notes with his left hand. It was funny.

Arsis didn't show up again. This is the third time in a row they dropped out. I hate them now.
23.02.2008 - 14:30
Warman
Erotic Stains
Evile
Funny guys who played great music. Sounded so much like Slayer I laughed my ass off.

Boring Gothenburg Metal, although the vocalist knew his shit! When they said "Vi är från Göteborg" (We're from Gothenburg) the crowd cheered and then it was quiet... the only sound came from me: "booooo" (There's a friendly rivalry between Stockholm and Gothenburg)

Megadeth
Although the sound sucked in the beginning this was without doubt one of the funnest and coolest concerts I've attended. Played a lot of classics.
----
28.02.2008 - 05:57
Evican
Ann O'War
I saw Killswitch Engage on Tuesday night. Now I'm not a fan of metalcore, but they can put on a show. They are one of the tightest bands I've seen and I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw and heard. Adam D is hilarious.

Howard even jumped off the speakers on the side of the stage into the crowd only to be just held above the floor. Just awesome.
28.02.2008 - 07:21
Daniel
Last was:

Nevetherym & LORD. Two great aussie bands.Although I doubt anyone on here has heard of them .

But I am going to see Immortal soon!

Than Mayhem!!

Yes!!!!
----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere
28.02.2008 - 07:51
Metal_Martin
My Last Concert was Municipal Waste & Toxic Holocaust.

They both where great!

But Municipal Waste they where f´´king Crazy! =P
28.02.2008 - 15:13
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Dangerboner on 23.02.2008 at 11:40

This was the first time in a while that I liked all of the bands that performed.

HMP
I was stuck waiting for a gay fucking train, as usual, so I missed their first two songs. I hadn't heard them prior to the show, but I was very surprised. They play a form of thrash metal that sounds a little similar to old Metal Church, but much faster.

Warbringer
This is another thrash band that I was unfamiliar with until today. They are fast as fuck - almost Dragonforce fast, including the guitar solos. The shredder even used the overhand technique. They were a little too cliche and I'm not big on harsh vocals used in thrash, but overall they were awesome.

Goatwhore
These guys were my main reason for going to this concert. They played songs from all three albums and had a strong stage presence. The lead singer even made us do a 4 corner wall of death, which is basically like Cephalic Carnage's 360 wall of death. It was brutal.

Exodus
Since this was mainly an old school thrash show, there were tons of old annoying people with skullets. I hate old people at shows because they're always drunk and obnoxious. Anyways, Exodus was great even though the first three or four songs they played were new ones. My favorite song of the night was Another Lesson in Violence, mostly because of the punky bass lines. I forget which song we did it to, but the lead singer made us do a wall of death, where I was in the very front line, of course. After that, Gary introduced the band for a while and told funny stories about each member. They played more songs, and then did three encore songs - a song I don't remember, Bonded by Blood, and Toxic Waltz. Before playing Toxic Waltz, they played six or seven random 45 second cover songs of Ritchie Blackmore, 2 Metallica songs, Black Sabbath, and some others. It was funny because there was a mosh pit for each one. xD

Another cool thing that happened was that during one of Gary's millions of guitar solos, the lead singer walked up to him and started picking, while someone else gave him a cup of water to drink as he was playing the notes with his left hand. It was funny.

Arsis didn't show up again. This is the third time in a row they dropped out. I hate them now.

damn you go for a lot of gigs. Well your lucky enough to get so many bands playin in your city.

There were some rumors about Arsis breakin up,if that is true maybe thats y they dint play( dont think they wud break up before the release of their new album).
And your fuckin lucky to have arsis play in your city, wish they wud play in mine
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
29.02.2008 - 06:33
DreamWeaver
Elite
Iron Maiden: Somewhere Back In Time Tour

Simply amazing. As you can see, I come from a place where almost no metal band want to play in. Needless to say, Iron Maiden coming to Costa Rica was a huge surprise for all of us. The performance was great, the assistance was above expected. The biggest concert in Costa Rica, ever. No other artist have brought people from all around Central America.
Singing Fear of the Dark along with Bruce Dickinson was like a dream come true. Also listening to songs among my favorite ones like Powerslave, Clairvoyant and Hallowed Be Thy Name was something I've never imagined could happen. The best concert I've ever attended to.
----
05.03.2008 - 13:54
-Morbid-
Last show I went to was Sounds of the Underground back in July. Been busy and unfortunately haven't been able to make it to anything since then. I missed most of the earlier bands because there was a mix up with our tickets, but I got to see every band I wanted to (Goatwhore, Amon Amarth, Job for a Cowboy, Chimaira, Shadows Fall and GWAR). Was a great show, only complaint was the short sets but that's to be expected with so many bands at one show.
05.03.2008 - 14:28
Deadsoulman
Elite
Saw Symphony X supported by Circus Maximus and Dreamscape (I'm not sure about the name of the band) yesterday.

Dreamscape was a cool warm-up band with their prog that reminded me a lot of Wastefall, the singer was really good at interacting with the audience and all. A fun little show altogether.

Circus Maximus was very good at freezing me down. A lot of people seemed to be enjoying this band, but they just bore me to death. And I developped a kind of irrational hatred towards the lead singer. For no reason except that his "oh I'm closing my eyes to show I'm emotional" attitude, his posing around during and between the songs and his face really pissed me off. I can't say why. I spent one hour trying to control an urge to break his teeth on the pavement (those who've seen American History X know what I'm talking about).

Symphony X was absolutely brilliant. Six weeks without a decent show was way too much, but they made up for it big time. What can I say, the sound was huge and fat, Russell Allen is one hell of a frontman and his vocals are even better than in studio, the whole band seemed to have a lot of fun, the setlist was great, and the audience as well (there even was a little moshpit during Sea Of Lies and Of Sins And Shadows). Only the Egypt part was a little boring. Excellent night out.

The setlist (unlike in Bordeaux two days before, they didn't play Out Of Ashes):

Oculus Ex Inferni
Set The World On Fire (The Lie Of Lies)
Domination
Serpent's Kiss
Masquerade
Paradise Lost
Egypt /Death
Inferno
Smoke & Mirrors
Sea Of Lies
Revelation

Eve Of Seduction
Of Sins And Shadow
05.03.2008 - 20:49
Abattoir
Staff
(4.3.08) Nightwish, supported by Pain.
Great concert...If I start with Pain. They had a quite short repertoire, for about half an hour;but they played damn good and they warmed up the crowd too. The response was very positive.
Nightwish performance was on high level of course. I had payed some intetion on Anette, and I can say that I'm very pleased with her singing, well done.
There was lots of pyrotechnic effects and flames too it was quite hot in the hall...
It was worthed to saw it
06.03.2008 - 15:01
-Morbid-
Well the SotU tour was the last metal show I went to anyways. Saw Johnny Winter (blues guitarist) last weekend, although I dunno how many people here know him or have any kind of interest in that kinda stuff.
06.03.2008 - 15:10
Hangar XVIII
Like, the last big concert I went to was Rush.
I go to the ol Volume 11 Tavern that's near me to see smaller bands all the time though.
It's pretty nice.
They let my band play, so they obviously do not ave very high standards.

Out of the bands I've seen there, the good ones are Black Skies, Imperial Battlesnake, and Hellrazor if you feel like myspacing them.
Imperial Battlesnake opened for 3 Inches of Blood in Chicago.
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
11.03.2008 - 23:45
Sunioj
Saw Machine Head last night, and they completely ruled. Besides the fact that they decimated the opening act by betsefer ( an isreali core/groove band ), the energy that was projected the crowd was so immense. Even though one would think that a sold out, crowded club, wouldn't be the best place to be for a concert, once the guys started playing, all of the doubt went away. I'm not really a fan though, but the performance was one of the best live acts I've seen in ages
12.03.2008 - 00:13
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I hadn't seen a metal concert in a while (besides some local bands), but I'm seeing Bob Dylan tonight
15.03.2008 - 18:42
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Iron Maiden feb 21 it was awesome i was waay far from the stage but it was great

loved run to the hills XD
----
Stay Metal !!!
16.03.2008 - 02:40
moon_shadow
Account deleted
Stratovarius!! it was amazing... but theres have been a while
16.03.2008 - 03:25
strayreverie
Account deleted
Written by Abattoir on 05.03.2008 at 20:49

(4.3.08) Nightwish, supported by Pain.
Great concert...If I start with Pain. They had a quite short repertoire, for about half an hour;but they played damn good and they warmed up the crowd too. The response was very positive.
Nightwish performance was on high level of course. I had payed some intetion on Anette, and I can say that I'm very pleased with her singing, well done.
There was lots of pyrotechnic effects and flames too it was quite hot in the hall...
It was worthed to saw it

Yeh I saw Nightwish down here in Sydney too, they really do an awesome live show though I still miss the old Nightwish! We missed the support because when we finally reached the venue, SOMEONE realised they'd left the tickets at my house so we had to drive all the way home and back again! Thank god we drove...

Unfortunately we don't get many Scandinavian metal bands coming to Australia so there aren't many opportunities for me to see bands I like. Last gig I went to was Jeff Martin, ex-Tea Party (not metal, though there must be a couple of fans around here...?) Anyway he played a lot of Tea Party material anyway so that was pretty fun!!

Also accompanied a friend to see Iron Maiden whom I only listen to sporadically. The audience had the greatest diversity I've ever seen at a metal gig. My highlight was the Rime of the Ancient Mariner, being a fan of the original poem - great stage props.
16.03.2008 - 05:40
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
saw immortal last night in sydney they were brilliant played all my favs, except for maybe Tragedies Blows At Horizon, but still freakin awesome night

and going to immortal signing session on monday
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
16.03.2008 - 06:58
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
I went to iron maiden and the show was amazing, but i get there with my sister and i wanted to be with my friends!
17.03.2008 - 14:56
Hellish Star
Flotsam & Jetsam in Eindhoven...

Next to go: Keep it true festival in Germany with:
Jag Panzer
Helstar
Manilla Road
Doomsword
Cage
Crescent SHield
Titan Force
Sentinel Beast
Omen
Attacker
Heathen
Fueled By Fire
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
19.03.2008 - 06:01
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Hellish Star on 17.03.2008 at 14:56

Jag Panzer
Helstar
Manilla Road
Doomsword
Cage
Crescent SHield
Titan Force
Sentinel Beast
Omen
Attacker
Heathen
Fueled By Fire

Holy shit! That's a killer festival. I'm definitely going to need to move overseas later in life.
----
The force will be with you, always.
19.03.2008 - 21:27
Hellish Star
Written by Clintagräm on 19.03.2008 at 06:01

Written by Hellish Star on 17.03.2008 at 14:56

Jag Panzer
Helstar
Manilla Road
Doomsword
Cage
Crescent SHield
Titan Force
Sentinel Beast
Omen
Attacker
Heathen
Fueled By Fire

Holy shit! That's a killer festival. I'm definitely going to need to move overseas later in life.

One of the best festivals I have ever been. It's an international crowd with fans from Belgium, Germany, Greece, Portugal, Finland, Sweden, Holland, France, USA,... even Japan.... (total: 3000). There's also an amazing metal market where you can buy cheep CD's and a lot of collector items for almost no money
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm