Metal Storm logo
New year's Goals

Original post

Posted by selken, 06.01.2008 - 04:38
I don't know about your country, but in most countries I know, people have the tradition of proposing goals, objectives or aims that you could go after in this new year. For example, finnish your studies, learn something important (to drive, to speak a language....) or change something in your life.
For example, I don't have any particular goals for this year except by keep improving my knowledge, what about you guys, do you have a special issue for this year?
06.01.2012 - 20:42
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
I usually succeed in all my New Year's resolutions except in losing weight. I would have succeeded this year, but I decided I should trust people who tell nothing's wrong with me. And by returning to "normal" eating I put on a bit more than I should, and I also changed my mind, so this year's resolution is to finally make up my mind on my body image.

There, it's on the internet now, now I have to make it come true or I'll be embarrassed next year.
----
7.0 means the album is good
07.01.2012 - 05:15
Kennoth
Written by Kennoth on 02.01.2011 at 01:26

Alright, here's mine:

-Getting a gf, preferably for a stable relationship
-Building more confidence and self-respect
-Being more optimistic and happier about life in general
-Getting into circles of people I can get along with, or to put it bluntly, more friends
-Earning any kind of money via work
-Finding something to occupy my spare time, instead of wasting it online

This sounds funny in retrospect. Now out of all those I only managed to earn some money. Hope to continue the trend.

As for the new year's resolutions, I won't make any this, or any other year. Not worth it.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
07.01.2012 - 09:50
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Valentin B on 31.12.2011 at 14:59

Now you might say New Year's Resolutions are gay and meaningless but all these I am very proud to say I have accomplished. I love organizing and putting things into perspective and then looking back and tick stuff I've accomplished.

seeing how your life & attitude has changed I think you've done an amazing job. (: what's your secret? I think my life's not exciting enough and I would like to change the way I live and look at things but I don't know where to start or how to motivate myself.

Written by Troy Killjoy on 31.12.2011 at 22:03

Get over my ex.

seriously, dude, what's wrong with you? it's like you're attracting bad luck as a magnet although you seem to have far too great personality to actually deserve it. I bet you did something horrible in your past life.

anyway, I'm wishing all of you to have a great 2012 & hope to hear more success stories the next year! (considering the world's not really going to end)
07.01.2012 - 10:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Ragana on 07.01.2012 at 09:50
it's like you're attracting bad luck as a magnet although you seem to have far too great personality to actually deserve it.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who seems to think so. I mean, I'm not saying I'm a great person or whatever, but I always try to do the right thing, I make sacrifices for those around me, and my ultimate goal is to achieve a mutual peace and respect with anyone I encounter. Yet, for reasons unexplained, almost everything I do or attempt becomes a negative in my life.

Obviously I was Hitler, or at the very least, a serial killer.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.01.2012 - 12:11
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ragana on 07.01.2012 at 09:50

Now you might say New Year's Resolutions are gay and meaningless but all these I am very proud to say I have accomplished. I love organizing and putting things into perspective and then looking back and tick stuff I've accomplished.

seeing how your life & attitude has changed I think you've done an amazing job. (: what's your secret? I think my life's not exciting enough and I would like to change the way I live and look at things but I don't know where to start or how to motivate myself.

it's a question of what you do. if you think your life is not exciting enough, you should probably try and get an Erasmus scholarship, travel more, do exciting and adventurous stuff. as far as i know it's the "season" to apply for Erasmus too (same thing goes, if you want to study, look for the nordic countries/germany, if you want to just party, then italy or spain).

i see this stuff all the time on 9gag for example: guys complain about being friendzoned or being bored at home and doing nothing about it. if you allow your life to sink into a dull and repetitive mess, then it'll drag you down with it too. on the other hand, if you say "ok, i've had enough" and start actually going for real results you can turn the situation around (it can be something as simple as going to a concert on your own, if it's something cool that you've never done before, it's a step in the right direction).

granted, you need some luck to get away from it all too, like for example I know I probably wouldn't feel so good about myself now if for 2 reasons: I was able to plan my finances even with my shit scholarship (of which 60% went on rent, 20% on going out and approximately 10% on food), and since I came back about a year ago, I got this great job (relatively low volume of work and high pay), but even for this I studied German for about 5 years, so at its core imo it's still about what you do to advance yourself and get better enjoyment out of life. my college education was mostly a formality and apart from now having a diploma and getting that scholarship, I can't say it's helped me learn a lot of interesting stuff.
07.01.2012 - 16:19
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 07.01.2012 at 12:11

i see this stuff all the time on 9gag for example: guys complain about being friendzoned or being bored at home and doing nothing about it. if you allow your life to sink into a dull and repetitive mess, then it'll drag you down with it too. on the other hand, if you say "ok, i've had enough" and start actually going for real results you can turn the situation around (it can be something as simple as going to a concert on your own, if it's something cool that you've never done before, it's a step in the right direction).

Out of all dudes on forums here, you perhaps are the one that inspires me most with your posts. I wish you all the very best in life
----
7.0 means the album is good
07.01.2012 - 17:24
GANG METALSTORM
I know some Erasmus people from my country, though I know only English, dont know where to go if applied, and if after finishing study I fear that I cannot find a job then must going back home... The important thing is how can I stay and not coming back home,
31.12.2012 - 00:31
Valentin B
Iconoclast

As for 2012:

1.travel more.

2.save enough money each month in the first half of the year in order to facilitate goal #3.

3.either get the dream-job I'm pursuing now in Norway or move to Las Palmas in september.

4.have more fun and meet even more interesting new people.

5.perfect one of my Germanic languages.

Well I totally forgot about what I wrote here last year, these goals were actually quite ambitious I did manage to cover #1 and 4, and even managed to have a decent conversation in Swedish so #5 is okay. Anyway I am quite satisfied with 2012, continuing the positive trend

For 2013:

-get a motorcycle and finally pass my car-license driving exam

-find a place to rent

-have fun with, and have new experiences with AEGEE

-contain myself from spending all the money I have and quite a lot of money I don't have, on travelling
31.12.2012 - 17:49
Thrashette
I thought these up around mid-December rather than New Years. I don't really make New Year's goals but happened to have a moment of inspiration and serious observation of myself and my lifestyle around then
-exercise more regularly
-start reading more
-waste less time on the internet
-meet people who will bring me more fulfilling experiences rather than bring me down (or more like drift apart from certain people and get closer with others)
-perhaps get my driver's license and learn a new language too

I feel like 2012 was a year of partying. When I think about that, it seems like a shallow form of fulfillment. It's great to do every once in a while, but I feel sorry for the people with dull dreary lifestyles who live only for those types of moments and have nothing else to be happy for in their lives.
31.12.2012 - 18:33
MetalSpider
Exercise again
Get a GF (I think it's time to really find that special lady in my life... For many reasons. Also to have someone to bring to my best friends wedding...she really wants me to bring someone lol :p...and I really want to)
Get an even better job or move up in my company

Those are the main ones I can think of for now.

Oh and also continuing to enjoy life and spending time with my friends and family.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
31.12.2012 - 18:38
ANGEL REAPER
1.to finish demo record
2to .make good mead
3.to have better grades this year
4.to quit making to do lists...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
01.01.2013 - 02:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Get a job .... normal job rest is secendary
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.01.2013 - 09:52
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Get reunited with the love of my life been seperated for nearly a year now by long distances of land and sea !!! ohhh and try to think positive more rather than my depressive thoughts
04.01.2013 - 02:37
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Thrashette on 31.12.2012 at 17:49

you could pass for being of latin descent so you can try Spanish, though I don't think there are so many latinos up there that might be up to practice Spanish.. try California :p
04.01.2013 - 16:55
Thrashette
Written by Valentin B on 04.01.2013 at 02:37

Written by Thrashette on 31.12.2012 at 17:49

you could pass for being of latin descent so you can try Spanish, though I don't think there are so many latinos up there that might be up to practice Spanish.. try California :p

I actually have like 4 latino friends here and my aunt is Peruvian
I was thinking of learning Tagalog, the language of the Philippines. I hear it's kind of similar to Spanish. My mother's side of the family is from the Philippines and it would be nice to know what my relatives are saying when they're obviously talking about me when I'm right there
A lot of people's first guess at my nationality is Spanish or southern Italian (I'm like 25% Italian and probably have some Spanish blood from a few generations back), though I've gotten some interesting guesses like Egyptian, Persian, and Mongolian
10.01.2013 - 18:05
Jtbmetal123
My goal is to possibly get a local gig with a buddy of mine. Most likely wont happen but who knows.
23.12.2013 - 23:41
no one
Account deleted
Get to Europe with out having to get a loan
30.12.2013 - 00:59
ANGEL REAPER
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 31.12.2012 at 18:38

1.to finish demo record
2to .make good mead
3.to have better grades this year
4.to quit making to do lists...

damn! i failed again
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
30.12.2013 - 01:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Quote:
Get over my ex. Get a job.

Nailed it.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.12.2013 - 03:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Non, this tiem because non of those works out
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.12.2013 - 12:24
Wargus
Account deleted
Quit smoking. Sigh...
I wish I never started it, cause it's damn hard to quit with it and it's a money sink (thinks about all the records I could have bought instead of buying cigarettes).
30.12.2013 - 13:25
angel.
Evil Butterfly
I did nothing special during last year, hopefully next year would be a time for it.
----
The Fangirl.
30.12.2013 - 20:55
Mattybu
Reading a couple of these, actually figured one out, could go for my driver's license upgrade thing. Currently can only drive with a driver who has been fully licensed I think 3 or 4 years, and that blows.

Also going to have half a year off from school so I should probably get a job of some kind. Will make sure to game plenty hard and soak in an optimum amount of heavy metal.
30.12.2013 - 21:01
no one
Account deleted
Written by Mattybu on 30.12.2013 at 20:55

Reading a couple of these, actually figured one out, could go for my driver's license upgrade thing. Currently can only drive with a driver who has been fully licensed I think 3 or 4 years, and that blows.

yeah i have the same licence, I have been d.i.c'd three times, rolled a car, millions of speeding tickets and never once been pulled up for only having that licence so i never bothered, i don't think i ever will.

If you go to Australia or Raratonga you can just pay the money to get it
30.12.2013 - 21:05
no one
Account deleted
Written by [user id=135780] on 30.12.2013 at 12:24

Quit smoking. Sigh...
I wish I never started it, cause it's damn hard to quit with it and it's a money sink (thinks about all the records I could have bought instead of buying cigarettes).

my wife was the most chronic smoker i know around my age and she has done 9 months, i thought she would never quit but seeing her quit i think anyone can. Just have to go through a month or two feeling a bit shit, and it's not that bad, i found it harder to quit drinking
30.12.2013 - 21:07
Mattybu
Written by [user id=136611] on 30.12.2013 at 21:01

Written by Mattybu on 30.12.2013 at 20:55

yeah i have the same licence, I have been d.i.c'd three times, rolled a car, millions of speeding tickets and never once been pulled up for only having that licence, so i never bothered i don't think i ever will.

If you go to Australia or Raratonga you can just pay the money to get it

hahaha wow here you have to take another driving test and do a road test as well (for the first one it's just a multiple choice thing on paper, like 20 questions then another 20 for road signs), and if you want lower insurance driving school too.
30.12.2013 - 21:09
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by [user id=136611] on 30.12.2013 at 21:05

my wife was the most chronic smoker i know around my age and she has done 9 months, i thought she would never quit but seeing her quit i think anyone can. Just have to go through a month or two feeling a bit shit, and it's not that bad, i found it harder to quit drinking

Now what a healthy family you are.
----
The Fangirl.
30.12.2013 - 21:18
no one
Account deleted
Written by angel. on 30.12.2013 at 21:09

Written by [user id=136611] on 30.12.2013 at 21:05

Now what a healthy family you are.

not if you saw the shit iv been eating lately and all the weed i have been smoking
30.12.2013 - 21:24
no one
Account deleted
Written by Mattybu on 30.12.2013 at 21:07

hahaha wow here you have to take another driving test and do a road test as well (for the first one it's just a multiple choice thing on paper, like 20 questions then another 20 for road signs), and if you want lower insurance driving school too.

here in nz you have, 'learners' which is theory, then 'restricted' which is drive around the city and motor ways and shit, then 'full' which is drive around pointing out hazards and all that shit
30.12.2013 - 21:24
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by [user id=136611] on 30.12.2013 at 21:18

not if you saw the shit iv been eating lately and all the weed i have been smoking

some says that weed is less harmful than smoking cig or drinking alcohol. I don't know what kind of shit you eat
----
The Fangirl.