Metal Storm logo
Nu Metal bands you like

Original post

Posted by +{Jonas}+, 16.03.2007 - 01:51
So, the title says it all. I made this so the ones here that like nu metal can discuss about the bands we like. So about me, I like:

Godsmack (Although for me it's Alternative), because their songs are really cool, and they have great lyrics and the "Changes" DVD is simply awesome, and theitr drums are great. Sully's voice is quite unique, and their lyrics are pretty nice.

Slipknot, because of their energy, the outfits look great, and their lyrics make me laugh, besides their live shows are quite impressive. Also Vol. 3 is a change, IMO they found that they don't have to scream for everything, and they prove it with a great accoustic song.

Disturbed: David's voice is great. and with their thrid album,. 10.000 fists" they try a new, more melodic sound. besides Dan Donegan proves himself as a great guitar player

KoRn: But only the first albums.

Evanescence, because Amy lee has a great voice, but their last album, "The Open Door" was a big letdown for me.

Also Adema, TrustCompany, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, Chevelle, Mudvayne, Soil and I enjoy Metallica's St. Anger.

So that's it. If you have band suggestions you can and must post them as well. If you don't like Nu metal, please don't post bashing bands and attacking with things like "X band sucks" or "Nu metal sucks". Please, let's have some respect for the other fellow MSers taste.
23.05.2008 - 20:18
Gordon Freeman
Written by Metalhead2 on 23.05.2008 at 10:43

here are few nu metal albums(a lil diferent from normal nu metal album but doesnt matter):

Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
Immortal - Pure Holocaust
Therion - Secret of the Runes
Wintersun - Wintersun

when you finish listening to those tell me i will give you more recommendations

Uh...wait...what?

I don't think that word means what you think it means...
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
23.05.2008 - 20:23
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
i just gave some recommendations to nu metal fans so you should say thanks
23.05.2008 - 20:42
Gordon Freeman
Written by Metalhead2 on 23.05.2008 at 20:23

With trickery!

I like it!
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

23.05.2008 - 21:26
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
@Metalhead2: I only like Therion and Wintersun.
BUt that won't stop me from listening Nu metal.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
28.05.2008 - 09:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

here are few nu metal albums(a lil diferent from normal nu metal album but doesnt matter):

Wintersun - Wintersun

ex cuse me
NU-Metala re genbre like thrash, speed, black, but not nu-new bands who is new commers ins cene like those what you mentione dlike Wintersun
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.05.2008 - 14:21
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Bad English on 28.05.2008 at 09:39

Wintersun - Wintersun

ex cuse me
NU-Metala re genbre like thrash, speed, black, but not nu-new bands who is new commers ins cene like those what you mentione dlike Wintersun

Don't worry, he's just playing the tr00 card, thinking that people who can enjoy a bit of nu metal know shit about the rest of their beloved "real metal". Better ignore that kind of people, nothing constructive can come out of it :
28.05.2008 - 14:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Deadsoulman on 28.05.2008 at 14:21

Wintersun - Wintersun

ex cuse me

Don't worry, he's just playing the tr00 card, thinking that people who can enjoy a bit of nu metal know shit about the rest of their beloved "real metal". Better ignore that kind of people, nothing constructive can come out of it :

I agree and I try do it and dont start seriuss discusion because it always can turn in war
and in age 16 I didnt know what is Nu metal, I know metal-long hair and letter jackets , but Im not shore in time when I was at age 16 there was Nu metal
----

28.05.2008 - 17:34
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@K7: When you were 16, it was 2001 right Nu-Metal sadly began in the '90's.
28.05.2008 - 19:34
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat

Wintersun - Wintersun

ex cuse me

Also recommending a not-so-good Therion album, when Deggial or Vovin are much better. And completely ignoring the first post "Have respect for other fellow MSers taste"
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

28.05.2008 - 20:28
Gordon Freeman
Mudvayne and Deftones top my list. I'm not really a fan of either bands newer material.

I also like some some music for Static-X, 40 Below Summer and a few early Korn songs.
----

04.06.2008 - 00:46
Anacrusis
Account deleted
Early Deftones material (ie. Around The Fir)...and maybe when no-one is looking I'll play Korn's Freak On A Leash
14.06.2008 - 16:56
DavidX
Account deleted
Korn is cool.
15.06.2008 - 02:43
DavidX
Account deleted
I don't know why Disturbed are not in this site =|
15.06.2008 - 15:35
Madame Nocturna
Account deleted
KoRn, Deftones, Disturbed, Element Eighty, SOAD, Mudvayne, Static-X, P.O.D. (old - Satellite), etc.

Also, I like metalcore bands like: Lamb Of God, Killswitch Engage, Soulfly, As I Lay Dying, EkoTren, etc.

New Breed rulz !
24.06.2008 - 22:07
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by HolyandFallen on 24.06.2008 at 18:48

Wintersun - Wintersun

What the hell!!! If anyone would ever say that Wintersun, Therion, Immortal and Darkthrone are into Nu Metal, I would hit the man in the face.

MEtalhead2 was being iropnic. If you read the posts after his ·"recomendations" you'll get it.
Still, Nu metal is still metal, no matter what tr00 metalheads think. It's an accepted genre.

----

21.07.2008 - 04:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff

Wow, this thread just suddenly turned into a place where all the tr00 little 16 year olds can come in here and try to "school" people who really couldn't give 2 shits. I think the whole point of this thread is for people who arent really into nu-metal to talk about the nu-metal bands they are into. Besides all those "recommendations" you gave weren't exactly underground secrets.

Ok, my turn. The supposed 'Nu-Metal' I like isnt so much a band but just one album, lately Ive been listening to 'Roots' by Sepultura a lot, you can sugar-coat it all you want, but it is nu-metal, but I still enjoy it.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
22.07.2008 - 18:42
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
i am true you are not are you jealous??

although i wish i have never recommended wintersun and new therion to anyone
23.07.2008 - 00:33
Madame Nocturna
Account deleted
I think that u're too much offtopic.
This is a topic 4 NU-METAL so talk about it.
23.07.2008 - 00:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=33268] on 23.07.2008 at 00:33

if you about metalhead2 you shood read metalhead3 post where he dont says Hajduk lives forever

BTW I dont know in what cathegory belongs RawBaw Slaven Bilic band but its cool
----

23.07.2008 - 13:42
Madame Nocturna
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 23.07.2008 at 00:42

Written by [user id=33268] on 23.07.2008 at 00:33

if you about metalhead2 you shood read metalhead3 post where he dont says Hajduk lives forever

BTW I dont know in what cathegory belongs RawBaw Slaven Bilic band but its cool

sry on offtopic.

RawBau is alternative rock band.
02.08.2008 - 21:00
Insects Of Death
Account deleted

Thanks for the bands i really liked wintersun there a good band.
02.08.2008 - 21:22
brapp32
40 below summer are a very underrated band, old system of a down is great, slipknot is the shit, dry kill logic are very good, hemlock(not sure if they're considered nu metal) are good,ill niño,American head charge,bloodsimple,gridlokt, end of the rope,coal chamber,motograter,454,sickle,syx,hed p.e.,36 Crazyfists, venting machine,straight line stitch,snot,spineshank,silent civilian,Sicks deep,lunatic candy kreep, Korn, are just a few of my favorites.
02.08.2008 - 23:02
Opiário
Account deleted
Korn (oldies) and Deftones.
07.08.2008 - 01:37
Hamird
Lieutenant
Soulfly is my favorite band in Nu metal. I found them better than other bands who are in Nu metal, at least their front man had a successful discography before.
Then Mudvayne and P.O.D are good, too..
27.09.2008 - 23:16
lpsoldier
Account deleted
I reallly love nu metal & for me it's definitly Linkin Park which is my all time favorite band. But I also love Disturbed, KoЯn, dope, slipknot, limp bizkit, drowning pool, and many others.
24.10.2008 - 03:02
DevilBabi
Oh god,
ive never seen a forum with such controversy.
How come no opne can ever jsut give their opinion without getting drilled for it?
26.11.2008 - 05:35
laid2rest
Account deleted
Nu metal is not a genre, it's an umbrella term.

Let me explain... During the late 90's there was an outburst of heavy rock and metal bands in the USA that were different from the metal bands that had come before them. Critics were saying that they were the 'new metal'. Many of these bands incorporated funk, rap, and hip hop into their music, so a the term new metal, or 'nu metal' had gained use as a genre.

Now, for why it isn't a genre... Most of these bands had little in common with each other, appart from the one and only defining characteristic of Nu metal, guitars with drop-D tuning, and simple riffs. Other than that, there are no defining characteristics of Nu metal, and most of the bands that were called nu metal were alternative rock, rapcore, or alternative metal.
27.02.2009 - 04:14
Gigginova
Account deleted
@laid2rest: dude those are defining characteristics!

anyway, terrible genre for the most part, really terrible. But I do like Rage Against The Machine and Otep. That's about it
27.02.2009 - 20:00
jd-inflames
Account deleted
I remember that little phase. The ones that really caught my attention were Ours, Professional Murder Music, Adema, etc.
28.02.2009 - 05:55
Galar
Wicked Mung
Nu-Metal is a disgrace to metal and it often makes me embarrassed to be "catogorized" in the same group of people. I realllly can't stand that crap, and there is nothing good that comes out of that so called "genre" of music.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK