Metal Storm logo
Wintersun

Original post

Posted by Elfeder, 23.05.2006 - 17:00
I was shocked when I noticed that no one created a topic on Wintersun it is so strange because this band is one of the best I know...they have just released one album but this album is fucking masterpiece,
I like their songs "Death and the Healing" and "Beautiful Death" they are great songs and this band is Idol for me.
03.03.2007 - 22:58
baldur
Written by Warman on 02.03.2007 at 18:14

Written by [user id=1909] on 02.03.2007 at 17:54

can someone please explain the following to me: why the hell do so many idiots think Amon Amarth are viking metal? Just because they sing about vikings and wear mjollnirs that doesnt make them viking metal does it? The style of music they play bares no resemblance at all to anything that can be classified about viking metal.

That is bullshit, Amon Amarth are certainly not Viking metal. I am just as confused as you really, people seem to be shallow and consider them to be Viking just for the reason that they dress that way and sing about it. For me, Amon Amarth are like THE Melodic Death metal band, certainly not Viking metal.

the lyrics of unleashed are also about vikings but are they therefore viking death metal??? sure not!!!
04.03.2007 - 02:24
Bankler
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 02.03.2007 at 18:14

Written by [user id=1909] on 02.03.2007 at 17:54

can someone please explain the following to me: why the hell do so many idiots think Amon Amarth are viking metal? Just because they sing about vikings and wear mjollnirs that doesnt make them viking metal does it? The style of music they play bares no resemblance at all to anything that can be classified about viking metal.

That is bullshit, Amon Amarth are certainly not Viking metal. I am just as confused as you really, people seem to be shallow and consider them to be Viking just for the reason that they dress that way and sing about it. For me, Amon Amarth are like THE Melodic Death metal band, certainly not Viking metal.

Men riktiga vikingar är dom allt

Well, Wintersun is a great band. I like the fast drums that create some speed and the positive melody of the guitars. Hope they will live on.
18.04.2007 - 16:36
baldur
seems like the new album will be released next year
18.04.2007 - 16:40
Nixx
Account deleted
Quote:

Well, Wintersun is a great band. I like the fast drums that create some speed and the positive melody of the guitars. Hope they will live on.

they better, they're going to perform on my "Finnish Metal-Royal" concert!

alongside with Kalmah, Kiuas, Korpiklaani and Children of Bodom!
wish it happened for real though
18.04.2007 - 18:06
Warman
Erotic Stains
I just laughed when I saw the latest news. I'm not surprised. But I ain't dissapointed either, I don't need the album right now. I can wait till next year and I'll welcome that day since I'm finally starting to get tired of most of their songs right now.
----
18.04.2007 - 18:21
Valar
IndianSteel
Fuck, Not being released this year, now i am getting a feeling this is an deliberate attempt to push the release further and genrate huge interest when it finally comes out....
Better not be a dissapointment
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
25.04.2007 - 04:38
Hyvaarin
New Wintersun = the Finnish 'Chinese Democracy'?
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
25.04.2007 - 16:04
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Hyvaarin on 25.04.2007 at 04:38

New Wintersun = the Finnish 'Chinese Democracy'?

I fucking hope not. It shouldn't be, and I guess the only way that could happen would be for the band to disintegrate. But even then, the core of the band is Jari himself, so he could just do it all himself with a drummer like he did for the debut. Ahhh, what am I saying? I don't want any bad omens!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
25.04.2007 - 19:39
SirHooke
I was pretty dissapointed when I heard the news of the delay, but hey, theres nothing I can do about it, So I'll just wait impatiently for it to arrive
25.04.2007 - 19:54
Milutin
Account deleted
Wintersun are awesome band. Their first album is a pure masterpiece. Every song on it is great. I see that there is even a battle of the best Wintersun song. I think my favorite is Starchild...or Winter Madness...hmm...
Infact all are my favorite. That album instantly goes to my list of favorite albums. I'm looking for their new album and I hope that will be even better than the first.
25.04.2007 - 23:34
marts
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 18.04.2007 at 18:06

I'm finally starting to get tired of most of their songs right now.

Never!

Here's a sleeping stars cover i did, i got someone to do harsh vocals but need clean, anyone? The singer is 14 and he is bloody awesome, sounds almost like Jari... in a way

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ajomqv
26.04.2007 - 00:50
Nixx
Account deleted
I've never looked so much forward to an album before, seriously, if it's going to be like "Wintersun", I'm gonna cream my pants or something.
*jumps around in joy*

oh, and my favourite songs are "Starchild" and "Beyond the Dark Sun".
16.05.2007 - 12:20
RavenLord
My Special Tour Edition of Wintersun came in the post yesterday! I've had a download of the album for a while, but now I can play it REALLY FUCKING LOUD out of my hi-fi and it's UNBELIEVABLE! My favourite song has to be Winter Madness...the solo is amazing! Perfectly memorable, and yet so awesome!

Looking on Wikipedia, I read that every track on Time is going to be recorded on 200 tracks. Does anyone have a source for this statement? Even if it's 200 tracks for the whole album, that's still fucking incredible! I can't wait for it to come out (ignoring the irony that an album titled 'Time' has been delayed twice already)!
----
21.05.2007 - 20:10
SirHooke
Written by RavenLord on 16.05.2007 at 12:20

I read that every track on Time is going to be recorded on 200 tracks.

What exactly do you mean with this, I don't quite understand..
22.05.2007 - 06:40
MetalSpider
It means that it will sound huge!

Either Jari has tons of instruments or he recorded, for example, his guitar onto 10 tracks (again just an example). Or maybe it means both.

Oh and by tracks, we dont mean songs. A guitar is considered, again for example, 1 track, bass is 1 track, keyboards is 1 track, vocals is 1 track and drums could be 2 or more.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
22.05.2007 - 08:50
SirHooke
Aaah! K, thanks for the explanation
So I guess that's great news .. It will be so awesome, I hope time runs fast so I can get Time in time for my yearly CD-ordering-spree
22.05.2007 - 16:48
RavenLord
Written by SirHooke on 21.05.2007 at 20:10

What exactly do you mean with this, I don't quite understand..

It means that, as long as Jari isn't caught up in prog-wank, that there will be (literally) about a hundred guitar parts, which will mean shitloads of fills.

An interesting idea to illustrate this...listen to the section leading up to and including the second chorus of Winter Madness with only one speaker/headphone (the left one). You'll be able to clearly hear an incredible guitar fill that is only hinted at in the full mix (around the 2:44 mark). Cool, isn't it?
----
23.05.2007 - 21:32
SirHooke
It sure is Jari really is an incredible musician!
24.05.2007 - 08:24
Asat0r
I absolutely love this album. It blows my mind that Jari did everything on the album, except for the drums. The more I listen to it, the more I love it.
25.05.2007 - 13:46
SirHooke
I concur with you all, its just amazing
Hey! what about a game,
lets all guess the actual release date of 'Time' and whoever is the closest to the right date wins!
25.05.2007 - 14:14
RavenLord
Written by SirHooke on 25.05.2007 at 13:46

I concur with you all, its just amazing
Hey! what about a game,
lets all guess the actual release date of 'Time' and whoever is the closest to the right date wins!

Well, since they can't get mixing time until 2008, I'm guessing Late summer/autumn of 2008. Although, if they don't get it all done next time, they could be pushed back again...in which case they may just release it when I leave university (and considering I haven't applied yet, that's saying something )
----
25.05.2007 - 15:40
Galar
Wicked Mung
As of right now, I am very dissapointed in Jari. He has had OODLES of time to complete this album, and although he wants it to be perfect another year is bull-shit. Kinda funny, considering Petri is recording like 2-3 albums a year!
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
25.05.2007 - 16:13
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Galar on 25.05.2007 at 15:40

Kinda funny, considering Petri is recording like 2-3 albums a year!

And all of those are of high quality too IMO.
----
25.05.2007 - 19:40
RavenLord
Written by Galar on 25.05.2007 at 15:40

As of right now, I am very dissapointed in Jari. He has had OODLES of time to complete this album, and although he wants it to be perfect another year is bull-shit. Kinda funny, considering Petri is recording like 2-3 albums a year!

Ummm, you can't really compare them. The fact is, the first time Jari didn't get everything recorded (IIRC), and there was also a technical fault somewhere along the line. Petri may be recording 2 albums or something, but he's doing those in different bands in different studios on separate budgets, and Norther/Ensiferum do not have as many tracks to lay down as Wintersun. Plus, they don't have really long songs to record (excepting Victory Song).
----
29.05.2007 - 14:50
Simezo
Account deleted
Wintersun are one of the fastest bands i've ever heard. I love them for their speed especially on Beyond The Dark Sun.
29.05.2007 - 17:18
Basso
Account deleted
Written by [user id=24059] on 29.05.2007 at 14:50

Wintersun are one of the fastest bands i've ever heard. I love them for their speed especially on Beyond The Dark Sun.

You sure havent heard alot of music if thats the fastest you have heard :O
29.05.2007 - 17:54
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
its pretty fast thou perhaps its not speed metal at its best but i can agree that it can be fast
----
-At live's eve our flames will cease-
02.06.2007 - 07:05
Simezo
Account deleted
Written by [user id=5394] on 29.05.2007 at 17:18

Written by [user id=24059] on 29.05.2007 at 14:50

You sure havent heard alot of music if thats the fastest you have heard :O

I did say 'one of' not the only one
02.06.2007 - 07:58
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Wintersun win on so many levels. I can't pick out any flaws from the s/t, it's a masterpiece! Pitty we'll have to wait another year for Time.
03.06.2007 - 09:11
Judas
The Amputator
Written by [user id=23458] on 02.06.2007 at 07:58

Wintersun win on so many levels. I can't pick out any flaws from the s/t, it's a masterpiece! Pitty we'll have to wait another year for Time.

'Time' better fucking blow the balls off every other release ever, it's been that damn long in the making. I know it'll have to be supremely brilliant to beat the first album, but I know Jari has it in him to pull something even better out of the bag!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."