Metal Storm logo
Blind Guardian

Original post

Posted by Judas, 21.06.2007 - 14:35
Alright, since the old thread was locked because we posted to the limit, here's the new one!

To get us re-started, I think I'll wish Frederik a Happy 29th Birthday.

Also, have any of you bought the 'Another Stranger Me' single, and if so, do you recommend getting it? I usually don't get EPs and singles, but if they're good then I can make exceptions. I've already seen the video (which was weird, at least for Blind Guardian), but some of the songs are new. Also, any comments on their appearance at Hellfest would be much appreciated, from those fortunate enough to see them there.
18.07.2009 - 15:45
Atrej
I mostly like "nightfall in middle-earth", and also "Tales from the twilight world".
----
http://www.metalzine.pl
20.07.2009 - 04:58
Hrothdane
Written by Biedrik on 17.07.2009 at 19:08

Written by Hrothdane on 17.07.2009 at 03:38

Written by Biedrik on 15.07.2009 at 04:44

I envy you Europeans. Us Americans won't be getting to see Blind Guardian live for a while. Probably not until the new album comes out.

Don't remind me!

I still haven't seen them yet...

I'm sorry. I know how you feel. I missed them back in 2006

I didn't first listen to them until winter break of 2006-2007. If I had just gotten into them a couple months earlier, I could have seen them!
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
28.07.2009 - 14:37
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Today i must laugh...my brother, who almost isnt listening to metal (only a few solitary songs), told me "i know new great song, but you will obviously dislike it, since it is not "your metal""...

well, the song was "Skalds and Shadows", used for the movie "In the name of the king"...and i obviously didnt dislike it
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

28.07.2009 - 19:42
Zelse
Skalds and Shadows was used in that movie? wtf

Any info on the new album? It's been three years, I'm itching for new Blind Guardian.
28.07.2009 - 20:12
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Zelse on 28.07.2009 at 19:42

Skalds and Shadows was used in that movie? wtf

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460780/...havent seen yet, but under end credits this song is playing...and according to IMDB, soundtrack is containing "Skalds and Shadows" and "Carry The Blessed Home" by BG and also "The Fire Burns Forever" by HammerFall

when my brother launched the song, i have absolutely no idea, it will be BG (i didnt know Twist in the myth that well), but took me not only minute to recognize, it are Blind Guardian...and i also remembered i heard something about them making music for some movie...
----

28.07.2009 - 20:39
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Written by Zelse on 28.07.2009 at 19:42

Any info on the new album? It's been three years, I'm itching for new Blind Guardian.

Except the piece of news a month or two ago, nothing.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
30.07.2009 - 05:20
Galar
Wicked Mung
Sooooooo good live saw them in '06 in worcester
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
30.07.2009 - 09:55
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I saw some their live videos...for example Nightfall...i thought it will be strange and bad, because in studio version there are many overlaying voice tracks hard to be singed live, but they did it and it looked great
----

08.08.2009 - 03:28
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Ellrohir on 30.07.2009 at 09:55

I saw some their live videos...for example Nightfall...i thought it will be strange and bad, because in studio version there are many overlaying voice tracks hard to be singed live, but they did it and it looked great

but i haven't ever seen live version of "a dark passage"! does such thing exist
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
02.10.2009 - 01:53
In_tallica
Best fuckin heavy metal band ever!!! enough fucking said!
02.10.2009 - 08:46
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Hm...i always thought they are power metal...
----

04.10.2009 - 23:28
Wyrd
Written by In_tallica on 02.10.2009 at 01:53

Best fuckin heavy metal band ever!!! enough fucking said!

YES!! Could not agree more with you my friend!!
GUARDIAN GUARDIAN GUARDIAN OF THE BLIND!!!!!
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
06.10.2009 - 00:23
Lord_Regnier
Written by Ellrohir on 02.10.2009 at 08:46

And you're right.
Their old albums are more thrashy but they're still Powermetal and nothing else.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
06.10.2009 - 13:59
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Lord_Regnier on 06.10.2009 at 00:23

And you're right.
Their old albums are more thrashy but they're still Powermetal and nothing else.

Yep, their old albums are a bit thrashier but still not thrash. At the time we used used to call that speed metal (just like old Helloween and Angel Dust) thrash metal had the same speeds and sometimes was even slower than tha speed metal but thrash was rawer and speed metal a bit slicker. Over the course of some time speed metal morphed into what we today call power metal.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.10.2009 - 00:04
Lord_Regnier
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.10.2009 at 13:59

Written by Lord_Regnier on 06.10.2009 at 00:23

And you're right.

Yep, their old albums are a bit thrashier but still not thrash. At the time we used used to call that speed metal (just like old Helloween and Angel Dust) thrash metal had the same speeds and sometimes was even slower than tha speed metal but thrash was rawer and speed metal a bit slicker. Over the course of some time speed metal morphed into what we today call power metal.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
08.10.2009 - 12:43
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
It has to be fly,otherland,turn the page,dead sounds of misery and into the storm.i :metal:think all of them would do.
24.12.2009 - 15:10
StormRiderUK
Blind Guardian are one of the best metal bands out there in the metal world, but their last album was disappointing, especially for die-hard fans like myself. This, however, doesn't mean I have lost hope in my favourite band, I just hope they pull through with this new album!
01.01.2010 - 00:06
fade
Son of Sweden
Staff
I all honesty BG have really moved into a glass ceiling with their last couple albums. They are boring and I don't see them moving in a new direction like they always have. Their next album hopefully will not be a disappointment and will move them into a new exciting direction.

Or I could just be tired of Power metal.....
----
The troubles of avoiding horseshit.
My Music database: http://www.racksandtags.com/northernsky/
01.01.2010 - 00:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Listening to Skalds And Shadows and slightly disagreeing with verblasst...
----

01.01.2010 - 00:39
fade
Son of Sweden
Staff
Your allowed to disagree
----
The troubles of avoiding horseshit.
My Music database: http://www.racksandtags.com/northernsky/
01.01.2010 - 21:10
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ellrohir on 01.01.2010 at 00:23

Listening to Skalds And Shadows and slightly disagreeing with verblasst...

they actually played that song when they came to Bucharest, though i didn't know it back then.. 18th May 2007, Trooper as support act.. it was my first real metal gig, one of the best nights of my life.
01.01.2010 - 21:19
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Seeing Blind Guardian live would be one of my best nights too...havent chance yet...
----

02.01.2010 - 00:34
IronAngel
I saw them in Tuska some years bag. A bit of a let-down, really. They were nice; they're Blind Guardian, after all. But that's about it. They didn't blow my mind. I've seen many better shows from many worse bands. Too bad. I hope to see them in a more intimate venue in the future, for a longer show.
02.01.2010 - 10:22
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well my knowledge about them live is mainly based on videos from Coburgh 2003...but there they absolutely rocked the place, i always wished to be there...
----

02.01.2010 - 11:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ellrohir on 02.01.2010 at 10:22

Well my knowledge about them live is mainly based on videos from Coburgh 2003...but there they absolutely rocked the place, i always wished to be there...

yeah, also it's very fun to just relax and listen to 3000 metal maniacs chant their lungs out during the ending of Valhalla and The Bard's Song.
another song i want to hear them play is Lord of the Rings, it makes me feel so angry that i didn't go to the Kaliakra rock fest back in July, they played on the same night with Scorpions and Edguy(though i wasn't into either band at the time, i'd have only gone there for BG at the time), anyway as you can imagine now i'm pretty pissed i didn't get there haha.
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/edguy/2009/gods-of-metal-monza-italy-43d7e3a7.html - edguy setlist

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blind-guardian/2009/bloodstock-open-air-walton-upon-trent-england-5bd7af24.html - BG setlist

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/scorpions/2009/kaliakra-rock-fest-kavarna-bulgaria-4bd66bca.html - scorpions setlist
11.02.2010 - 05:06
BattleHamster
Hey, another update is on their site. It's nice to see that they're bothering to tell us how things are going. I can't wait until their next album.
11.02.2010 - 12:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I hope it will great piece, so i would lost all hesitations about the trip to Brno to see them live in October
----

11.02.2010 - 16:37
TehMetalMan
Blind Guardian rules! My favorite is Nightfall in Middle Earth
----
Signatures are so annoying and confusing! ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE IN CAPS!
14.02.2010 - 14:05
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I now hesitate between Nightfall and Bard's Song
----

14.02.2010 - 21:41
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Imaginations Frotm The Other Side and the acoustic version of Mordred's Song - I fell into a trance when they performed the later three years ago in Belgrade...
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.