Metal Storm logo
Dissection

Original post

Posted by Mega-Slayer, 25.06.2006 - 07:22
I was suprised to find there wasn't a thread about them already.Anyway I bought "Storm Of The Light's Bane/Where Dead Angels Lie",finally and "Somberlain" is next on my list."Where Dead Angels Lie" and "Night's Blood" are the highlight tracks for me.I wasn't sure if they were considered blackened death or melodic death.Its hard to describe the mood of this album,its dark and dreary,yet somewhat fantasy.If you haven't heard it go an buy it,if you like death or black you will enjoy it.
14.06.2007 - 00:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lathronniel on 11.05.2007 at 20:25

"Thorns Of Crimson Death" and "Night's Blood" great ones!

Hehe tahy had 2 albums what I like ok I woud say I like all Dissection recors exept last album after Jon was realised
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.06.2007 - 03:07
Germ
Account deleted
Thorns of Crimson Death is a GREAT song. I love dissection. They are by far my favorite Melodic Black Metal band.
08.08.2007 - 13:59
Sunioj
Finally got the 'Where dead Angels Lie' EP and its fucking sick...atmosphere is especially strong and I love the Elizabeth Bathory cover, its so epic...
08.08.2007 - 19:23
Warman
Erotic Stains
This band and Jon Nödtveidt means so much for me (everything before jail and Reinkaos of course). I've just bought a big patch to the back of my denim jacket:

My best friend consider Reinkaos to be the best album ever, I consider it to be average. I always mock him for that.
----
08.08.2007 - 20:26
Sunioj
Written by Warman on 08.08.2007 at 19:23

...I always mock him for that.

Good! Thats kind of strange, its almost unheard of IMo...lol how can anyone really think that its the the greatest album? I guess its a differrence of taste or maybe your friend hasn't been listening to metal that long...weird. Well it looks like the death of Jon is coming to a one year anniversary on the 18th of this month...man I can't believe its already been a year, and what a shock.
08.08.2007 - 20:35
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Sunioj on 08.08.2007 at 20:26

Good! Thats kind of strange, its almost unheard of IMo...lol how can anyone really think that its the the greatest album? I guess its a differrence of taste or maybe your friend hasn't been listening to metal that long...weird.

He's been listening to Metal just as long as me (even a couple of weeks longer). I don't know how he can think it's the best album ever... it's retarded!
----
09.08.2007 - 00:34
soulseller
Account deleted
Dissection is DEATH METAL! Too bad Mr. Nodtveid killed himself...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Soulseller Records has signed an exlusive license deal with longtime Italian partner AVANTGARDE MUSIC for the following vinyl issues:

Ophthalamia - A Journey in Darkness LP
Ophthalamia - Via Dolorosa Gatefold Double LP
Forgotten Tomb - Negative Megalomania LP

These vinyl versions will be limited to 500 copies each.

Scheduled release dates are for October 2007.

Available:

SSR004: Repugnant - "Epitome of Darkness" Lp (180 gram vinyl. Includes 2 HUGE posters)
SSR004: Repugnant - "Epitome of Darkness" Picture Lp (Includes sleeve and 2 HUGE posters)
SSR008: Black Crucifixion - "Faustian Dream" Cd

Upcoming in Mid/End of August:

SSR004: Repugnant - Epitome of Darkness cd (finally available again)
SSR006: Black crucifixion - Promethean Gift Cd/Gatefold LP

www.soulsellerrecords.com
09.08.2007 - 01:10
Sunioj
Written by [user id=24948] on 09.08.2007 at 00:34

Dissection is DEATH METAL! Too bad Mr. Nodtveid killed himself...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Soulseller Records has signed an exlusive license deal with longtime Italian partner AVANTGARDE MUSIC for the following vinyl issues:

Ophthalamia - A Journey in Darkness LP
Ophthalamia - Via Dolorosa Gatefold Double LP
Forgotten Tomb - Negative Megalomania LP

These vinyl versions will be limited to 500 copies each.

Scheduled release dates are for October 2007.

Available:

SSR004: Repugnant - "Epitome of Darkness" Lp (180 gram vinyl. Includes 2 HUGE posters)
SSR004: Repugnant - "Epitome of Darkness" Picture Lp (Includes sleeve and 2 HUGE posters)
SSR008: Black Crucifixion - "Faustian Dream" Cd

Upcoming in Mid/End of August:

SSR004: Repugnant - Epitome of Darkness cd (finally available again)
SSR006: Black crucifixion - Promethean Gift Cd/Gatefold LP

www.soulsellerrecords.com

Ok...um, are you trying to upsell something? Heard of an album called The Somberlain or Storm of the lights bane? Yes, sadly...REINKAOS is melodeath.
17.08.2007 - 18:36
Warman
Erotic Stains
Exactly, Reinkaos is almost Gothenburg Metal... not Black at all. But please, of course there's Black in the two first albums. Melodic Black Death Metal I'd say, Mr. soulseller.
----
17.08.2007 - 23:39
RavenLord
About one year since Notveidt's death...rocked out to The Somberlain last night, and realised how shit Reinkaos sounds by comparison...yes, it's old and cliched, but...

...I guess Notveidt properly listened to Reinkaos...
----
18.08.2007 - 00:26
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Is that one year ago already?

And I think I'm gonna give Dissection another chance. Probably the fifth.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
18.08.2007 - 03:12
Ilham Cotterell
Account deleted
Dissection is great... I should maybe say "was"... I would have liked to hear more of them.. And you should try again Lucas, they are worth it .

R.I.P. Nodtveid.
18.08.2007 - 11:32
Sunioj
Im going to reassure my fanboydom to Dissection once more, ever since I started with Metal, I haven't found much bands that hold a special place and music that has meant so much to me. I respect his wish to end his life since that was his own choice, doesn't mean that I agree with it though...

See you in 'Transylvania' Jon Nodveidt...
18.08.2007 - 12:11
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Lucas on 18.08.2007 at 00:26

Is that one year ago already?

Said the same thing, time flies dont it.

Bring on the lame 'RIP Jon' posts...
----

Hellcunt Smurf
18.08.2007 - 13:41
Warman
Erotic Stains
Here my lame post comes! RIP JON NÖDTVEIDT! FOREVER DARKNESS, FOREVER CHAOS! ANTI-COSMIC METAL OF DEATH! OPEN YOURSELF FOR CHAOS!
Then it's like one year and a week since I first heard the band!

But I actually came to this topic to post a link. Here in Sweden there's a movie called Keillers Park. It's really funny, it's about the murder of that gay guy. It has so many flaws and I really doubt that this was the way it all happened. The biggest flaw is that Jon shoots the guy in the movie, but in reality his friend Vlad did it. I guess it isn't as fun if you don't understand swedish (don't worry, there's subtitles in my link!) and hear the bad acting and comments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV_Lago8LrY
Haha, I especially like the part when they speak "satanica".
----
18.08.2007 - 14:43
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 18.08.2007 at 13:41

What the fuck? Thats horrible, If I was Jon I would personally murder the maker of that movie....
26.11.2007 - 00:37
ChasingEuphoria
Account deleted
im listeing to storm of the light's bane now which i gave few spins before
i have to say this album deserves all the hype it gets
the shit kicks ass!
ill be listening to it more, perhaps download another albym by them
any recomendations?
26.11.2007 - 00:47
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by [user id=4927] on 26.11.2007 at 00:37

the shit kicks ass!
any recomendations?

The Somberlain
----
26.11.2007 - 02:45
ChasingEuphoria
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 26.11.2007 at 00:47

the shit kicks ass!
any recomendations?

The Somberlain

ok i will check it out as soon as i get my internet to download music. thanks
26.11.2007 - 08:43
Sunioj
Written by Warman on 18.08.2007 at 13:41

Here my lame post comes! RIP JON NÖDTVEIDT! FOREVER DARKNESS, FOREVER CHAOS! ANTI-COSMIC METAL OF DEATH! OPEN YOURSELF FOR CHAOS!
Then it's like one year and a week since I first heard the band!

But I actually came to this topic to post a link. Here in Sweden there's a movie called Keillers Park. It's really funny, it's about the murder of that gay guy. It has so many flaws and I really doubt that this was the way it all happened. The biggest flaw is that Jon shoots the guy in the movie, but in reality his friend Vlad did it. I guess it isn't as fun if you don't understand swedish (don't worry, there's subtitles in my link!) and hear the bad acting and comments.

Wow, reading the subtitles was enough for me. Besides the fact that its flawed, its just unneccesary. The man died, and people served their time, and Jon Nodtveidt is dead. I can't imagine who would waste their time making 'keillers park'.

What no one else speaks Satanica?? lullzzz
26.11.2007 - 20:57
RavenLord

the shit kicks ass!
any recomendations?

Buy The Somberlain. If you don't have Storm of the Light's Bane on disc, get both as part of the 'Ultimate Reissue' series. It's all you'll ever need by the band, as Live Legacy and the Rebirth DVD are fairly superfluous, and, well...Reinkaos isn't exactly up to the standards of Black Horizons or Night's Blood.

Incidentally, those reissues have got to be some of the most comprehensive reissues available. After cross-checking with M-A, it appears that owning those two CDs covers you for every Dissection release from their origins (and even before!) up until the first dissolution of the band, and a few more goodies that were never released! My personal favourite has to be the demo version of 'Feathers Fell', which reminds me of something in between 'All the Leaves Were Brown' by the Mamas and the Papas and anything by Simon and Garfunkel.
----
30.11.2007 - 04:16
Lord TJ
I just heard the song, "Thorns Of Crimson Death", from Black Metal Radio, amazing song!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
30.11.2007 - 04:48
selken
Irreligious
Well, I like Dissection so much! I listen to them everyday since August.
Although I like every single song, including those from Reinkaos (in a different way)
Night's Blood: The intro is great, the atmosphere terriffic and the frighting melody is just amazing, my fav part is when the acoustic guitars come and then the distorted ones plays that same melody.
Unhallowed: The most epic song EVER composes in extreme melodic!!!, an epic solo, epic choruses,....
About Reikanos, well, I listen first to SFTLB and the somberlain, a moth later I got reinkaos, I was expecting to listen a similar sound, but nop it wasn't anyway I think that is still a good album but not for the same fans of them.
----
20.05.2008 - 06:22
Mega-Slayer
I have been listening to Dissection for two years now I played "The Somberlain" and "Storm Of The Light's Bane", on the way home from a long trip. I missed those classics, been to long since I enjoyed them. "a land Forlorn" still my favorite from the the Somberlain, and its a tie between "Where Dead Angels Lie" and "Thorns", from SOTLB.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
21.05.2008 - 04:55
ASiema113
Just recently purchased their Rebirth Of Dissection DVD(from Ebay none the less) which I found to be rather enjoyable & a well put on live performace, except for the fact that you couldn't hear the rhythm guitar for the first half of the show. Also when I checked out their myspace there were a bunch of pictures on there that I figured were on the DVD as well, but weren't. Despite the fact that they put on a superb show with a grand set list, they rather lacked in how Dethklok would put as Zazz.

But all in all Dissection still knows how to put on a damn good show.
----

Written by [user id=22888] on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.

20.06.2008 - 18:24
Edija
Account deleted
Dissection is Perfection for me.The Best Black Metal band ever , and I say that for a reason I know that most people consider Dissection Black/Death , but Dissection is Blacker then any of the other Black Metal bands that I like.The Music means very much to me, and its like the songs were writen for me,every melody,every riff and lyric just awakens countless emotions.Its just the thing that I was looking for in music.
I like the whole discography and Reinkaos too , even i it takes a somewhat different path from the older albums but it still has that Dissection magic that I love.
But my all time favourite remains Storm of the Lights Bane.
20.06.2008 - 19:43
Metal_Militia
//I picked up the Somberlain by total mistake the other day. I live in Columbus Oh so in case you didnt know, there is absolutely no way you can get good metal cds in a store. You have to obtain them all online or something like that. So theres this store called buybacks where you can take your cds and trade them in, then they become available for purchase to others for cheap prices... Just millin around not expecting anything special to pop up until i saw the somberlain 2 disc special edition sitting there for a mere $4.99!! It was in great condition and it even had the little cover sleve on it too. I consider it a nice steal. I already had Storm Of The Lights Bane which totaly slayed so i kinda knw what to expect. I knew it wasnt going to be as good as SOTLB but still great none the less//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

23.06.2008 - 20:48
The Somberlain
I like all dissection albums but The Somberlain is the best for me . Sorry if i make mistakes on my writing im trying to learn english .... saludos (that was spanish).
23.06.2008 - 23:15
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by The Somberlain on 23.06.2008 at 20:48

I like all dissection albums but The Somberlain is the best for me . Sorry if i make mistakes on my writing im trying to learn english .... saludos (that was spanish).

Jajjaja Don't worry man, I don't see any flaws on your post .

I don't like the last album so much : But the others are masterpieces.
Keep Posting.
Chao :p
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass

Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.

23.06.2008 - 23:28
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by X-Ray Rod on 23.06.2008 at 23:15

Written by The Somberlain on 23.06.2008 at 20:48

Jajjaja Don't worry man, I don't see any flaws on your post .

I don't like the last album so much : But the others are masterpieces.
Keep Posting.
Chao :p

Yeah, Rainkaos isnt bad, (title song is pretty good) but it isnt much Dissection-like either...
----