Metal Storm logo
Winter Olympic Games In Vancouver 2010

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 04.11.2009 - 18:53
I know maybe its lil to early, since its be in 2010 february, but soon there gonna start winter sport season
You can reed more
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Winter_Olympics
http://www.vancouver2010.com/

I also know its nots ame like summer olympic games, so those who never had live din winter, probobly care less for games but still

I just cant wate for this event, even its be in fucked up hours of night so , probobly I gonna watch in re play or day events(here late eve) , moust I cant wate for hockey, because its be ebst hockey tournament in planete, I hope Sweden will defend gold medal, its shame Mats Sundin end carear and Peter Forsberg thinking play or not, we still have Daniel and Henric Sedin , Daniel Alfredson, Fredirc Zeteberg, Patric Berglund, Nicklas Backstrom, Henric Lundquest, Mikeal Samuelsson, Tomas Halmstrom etc so I suppose and hope for gold, but I wont be mad if Canada win, I wanna see in semies Sweden, canada, Czceh(or USA) and Finland,

I also looking forvard for Alphine Skiing, Biathlon, Bobsleight, Cross-country skiing and luge.

Those are winter sports what I enjoy moust

Sweden will get medals, same like norway, finland, well Latvia I doubt we will have any but we can try hard in bosleight and luge, only where I see objective fight for medals, sorry no biathlon we wont get there, so

I dont wanna talk about athletsm line ups etc, to long time, but still we can discuss thinks like I gonna watch,wont watch, like, dont like etc ...
18.02.2010 - 12:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 18.02.2010 at 12:02

I find rugby more gay than figure skating - all those men on one big heap...

Try watch UK , Aus, NZ, SA rugby leage and union you will see new thinks there
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.02.2010 - 12:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
SILVER, SILVER, SILVER, SILVER, SILVER

Luge - Dovles Andris Sicis, Juris Sicis was secend there Lv has one medal hahahhahahha

1) Wolfgang and Abdreas Linger(Aut I)
2)2)Andris and Juris Sicis(LV)
3)Christian Oberstolz and Patrick Gruber(It)

4)Andre Florshutz and Torsten Wulstlich(Ger II)
5)Patrik Leitner and Alexander Recsh(Ger I )
6)Dan Joy and Christianm Niccum(USA)
7)Chris and Mike Moffat(Can)
8)Markus and Tobia Shiegel(Aut II )
9)Oswald Hassserrieder and Gerhard Plankerschteiner(IT II)
10)Vladimir Mačnutin and Vladislav Yuz?akov(Rus)

I been watching summary and day replays in last days its hard follow to all
Ladies downhill live Is a witw as awesome, but poor 2 girls one was american who falt in first race and poor sweed Anja Persson who felt and she likes metalica to, she's metalhead and no suprise Limndsey Vonn got gold

Ladies spring cross country skiing was good Margit Bjoergen from Norway got gold now one gold medal need Norway to get 100 in all WOG history and nice see sunshine in skking cenre there
----

18.02.2010 - 12:33
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Bad English on 18.02.2010 at 12:10

you will see new thinks there

no doubt about that
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

18.02.2010 - 12:38
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
The women downhill was really brutal...i think 6 or even more girls fell down...Anja Paersson flew 60 meters!...also there was Swiss girl, who felt once and as she was sliding down the slope, she was once again thrown in the air, it looked horrid...and later Romanian competitor was even transported by medi-copter...funny was one French, who felt already 10 meters after start...also our racer Kří?ová felt, but was finally able to finish the race - with 25 secs loose...
----

18.02.2010 - 14:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 18.02.2010 at 12:38

The women downhill was really brutal...i think 6 or even more girls fell down...Anja Paersson flew 60 meters!...also there was Swiss girl, who felt once and as she was sliding down the slope, she was once again thrown in the air, it looked horrid...and later Romanian competitor was even transported by medi-copter...funny was one French, who felt already 10 meters after start...also our racer Kří?ová felt, but was finally able to finish the race - with 25 secs loose...

yes Czceh girl was first , I saw 2 falls cz and Anna (she's metal head then I switch to Fin-Bel and didnt saw, but Eurosport and SVT and LTV7 is on all day I try find re play down hill, I lke it werry much, I like donwhill since I was child
----

18.02.2010 - 14:50
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I have recently realized, that it in fact appears to be quite boring for me...i mean i know, it is extremely hard for the competitors that they are riding down the hill in 100+ kph etc, but it simply doesn't seems so when you just watch it in tv...
----

18.02.2010 - 14:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 18.02.2010 at 14:50

I have recently realized, that it in fact appears to be quite boring for me...i mean i know, it is extremely hard for the competitors that they are riding down the hill in 100+ kph etc, but it simply doesn't seems so when you just watch it in tv...

Its hard you shood train all life, born in hills, have good strong legs, stomack mussles, leg mussles , and fisical condition shood eb good, I never have ride down more how 50M hill :p
----

18.02.2010 - 15:53
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
It is also not easy to play baseball/softball on high level but for fans who are not really involved in it is boring to watch...
----

18.02.2010 - 21:02
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Doc G. on 18.02.2010 at 09:14

@BitterCOld;
What about basketball at the summer Olympics? You guys pretty much dominate that...

not really. how many golds do we have in the last 25 years? we got a couple early when they started letting the NBA players compete... the original Dream Team (Bird, Barkley, Magic, Jordan, etc)... but until last summer our most recent squads were huge flops. people actually kinda rooted against them, as in many regards they were the exact opposite of our "Miracle on Ice" hockey team.

the 1980 Men's Hockey Team was a bunch of hungry "lunchpail" college kids that were thrown up against older professionals.

the late 90's/early 00's basketball teams were largely disinterested NBA players. some skipped out entirely, others were there for "other" motives... in Greece, they didn't even stay at the Olympic village. and they got flat out embarrassed.

at least this last team in '08 was on a mission, and was comprised of our top caliber pros.

as far as baseball being "Boring" - depends upon the crowd. might be boring to some audiences (Europe, for example), but to others- Central America, Mexico, Japan, Korea, etc, it is exciting and fun.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
18.02.2010 - 21:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BitterCOld on 18.02.2010 at 21:02

Written by Doc G. on 18.02.2010 at 09:14

@BitterCOld;
What about basketball at the summer Olympics? You guys pretty much dominate that...

not really. how many golds do we have in the last 25 years? we got a couple early when they started letting the NBA players compete... the original Dream Team (Bird, Barkley, Magic, Jordan, etc)... but until last summer our most recent squads were huge flops. people actually kinda rooted against them, as in many regards they were the exact opposite of our "Miracle on Ice" hockey team.

the 1980 Men's Hockey Team was a bunch of hungry "lunchpail" college kids that were thrown up against older professionals.

the late 90's/early 00's basketball teams were largely disinterested NBA players. some skipped out entirely, others were there for "other" motives... in Greece, they didn't even stay at the Olympic village. and they got flat out embarrassed.

at least this last team in '08 was on a mission, and was comprised of our top caliber pros.

as far as baseball being "Boring" - depends upon the crowd. might be boring to some audiences (Europe, for example), but to others- Central America, Mexico, Japan, Korea, etc, it is exciting and fun.

Did you saw how USA fucked ussr in 80? where was students n amatours, Is aw only film not from beggining was it good game, I would like to see it

Best hockey OG final was in 1994 and 2006, one man still has on action might Peter :p
----

18.02.2010 - 21:38
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Did you guys noticed the story of Petra Majdic?

when i watched the race broadcast yesterday, our commentator said according to the latest news she hasnt any rib broken, only bruised muscles...and now it appeared she raced 3 sprint races with 4 broken ribs and pneumothorax...and still able to got bronze medal...so far biggest hero of the games
----

18.02.2010 - 22:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 18.02.2010 at 21:38

Did you guys noticed the story of Petra Majdic?

when i watched the race broadcast yesterday, our commentator said according to the latest news she hasnt any rib broken, only bruised muscles...and now it appeared she raced 3 sprint races with 4 broken ribs and pneumothorax...and still able to got bronze medal...so far biggest hero of the games

No I didnt hear it its a heroic act
----

18.02.2010 - 22:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Norway has 2 gold in this OG and now they have 100 GOLD medals in WOG history
First who did it was cros country skiier Marit Bjoergen now womem 15KM individial Tora Berger
Congrats
----

18.02.2010 - 22:44
Met@1lurg
Tomorrow we will play against Slovakia. We'll see. Malkin go!
Plushenko must win tomorrow in figure skating. I hope and all Russia hope.
18.02.2010 - 22:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Met@1lurg on 18.02.2010 at 22:44

Well you migfht be luck sometimes because time zone, dunno where you live if its +1 or +2 from here but sometimes it helps enjoy game heheheh.
It wont be so easy how againts Latvia

Figure skatinmg is what I hate trooly hate no metter what
----

18.02.2010 - 22:59
Met@1lurg
Written by Bad English on 18.02.2010 at 22:47

Well you migfht be luck sometimes because time zone, dunno where you live if its +1 or +2 from here but sometimes it helps enjoy game heheheh.

Wanna to watch the match with Sweden. I know that Holmstrom is injured. But we are too strong to fight against all opponents with all stars! Many people wait Russia-Canada at Final. So, i know Crosby. He plays with Malkin and Gonchar. But Ovechkin is so strong. I like his style!
18.02.2010 - 23:02
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Bad English on 18.02.2010 at 21:15

Did you saw how USA fucked ussr in 80? where was students n amatours, Is aw only film not from beggining was it good game, I would like to see it

i vaguely remember the game itself, but being only 7 was too young to fully understand the importance. i grew up in suburb of Boston... and many of the heroes of that team - Jim Craig (G), Mike Eruzione (Captain, Forward, scored the GWG), and my fave, Jack O'Callahan were all from BU.

if you saw "Miracle", the Disney treatment of the film was actually pretty spot on. They slightly "thugged up" the Russian goals... but the flow was about right, and the US goals were accurate portrayals.

hell, Kurt Russell tried so hard to be as close to Herb Brooks as he could for that film that he learned to write left handed, and didn't get to know any of the hockey player actors (outside of Eddie Cahill as Jim Craig, the rest of the skaters were actually hockey players that they taught to act, rather than actors taught to skate) ... he only referred to them by their character name throughout filming. He intentionally tried to keep them at the same distance Brooks kept the actual team at. "Herb against Them".

i'm sure you can youtube scenes from the game.

HBO did a great documentary on it with interviews with both most of the American side and several of the Russians, including Mikhailov, Bilyaletdinov, and Tretjak.

another side note - one of the heroes of that game, Mark JOhnson (two goals), is the coach of the US Womens team this year.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
18.02.2010 - 23:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Met@1lurg on 18.02.2010 at 22:59

Wanna to watch the match with Sweden. I know that Holmstrom is injured. But we are too strong to fight against all opponents with all stars! Many people wait Russia-Canada at Final. So, i know Crosby. He plays with Malkin and Gonchar. But Ovechkin is so strong. I like his style!

Holmstron its doble sa dman he's was Lulea player, and actualy final might be cz vs Fin, swe vs USA, Svk vs Rus in this stage wher ebest o best is hard to tell who's gonna win its almoust not possible , its not WC where we can say who will win here TOP 8 can play and win , who told in last OG final be Swe vs Fin non
----

18.02.2010 - 23:21
Met@1lurg
Written by Bad English on 18.02.2010 at 23:12

Written by Met@1lurg on 18.02.2010 at 22:59

Holmstron its doble sa dman he's was Lulea player, and actualy final might be cz vs Fin, swe vs USA, Svk vs Rus in this stage wher ebest o best is hard to tell who's gonna win its almoust not possible , its not WC where we can say who will win here TOP 8 can play and win , who told in last OG final be Swe vs Fin non

What do you think about advertisement at Olympics? Uniforms and various arenas are clean. It is pleasure for me not to see it on TV.
18.02.2010 - 23:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Met@1lurg on 18.02.2010 at 23:21

What do you think about advertisement at Olympics? Uniforms and various arenas are clean. It is pleasure for me not to see it on TV.

For me Hockey arena whit OG looks weird, Im use to watch Cunucs games and now it whit Olympic logos, IMO its good all uniforms and atmosfere is good friendly, no hate n war and fights between people , its friendly , Torino was same, Salt Lake , and fiew dopings its good, sport take nr 1 and it shood be like it
ok I cant tell about 90's 80's because now its all modernise but seems for each time each OG is special and also i net helps follow to results
Just wounderinh how OG be in Soči 2014 , even I would like see Winter OG in some other place how europe, NA and Asia , but seems it never will hepen
----

18.02.2010 - 23:33
Met@1lurg
P.S. Surprisingly why Finland so many years can not win WC or Olympics? They often went to final matches but... defeat.
I watched Sweden-Finland in 2006, Canada-Finland in 2007 and others.
What about Forsberg and Alfredsson now? Will they play on Olympics?
18.02.2010 - 23:44
Met@1lurg
Written by Bad English on 18.02.2010 at 23:30

Written by Met@1lurg on 18.02.2010 at 23:21

For me Hockey arena whit OG looks weird, Im use to watch Cunucs games and now it whit Olympic logos, IMO its good all uniforms and atmosfere is good friendly, no hate n war and fights between people , its friendly , Torino was same, Salt Lake , and fiew dopings its good, sport take nr 1 and it shood be like it
ok I cant tell about 90's 80's because now its all modernise but seems for each time each OG is special and also i net helps follow to results
Just wounderinh how OG be in Soči 2014 , even I would like see Winter OG in some other place how europe, NA and Asia , but seems it never will hepen

Yeah, The next Olympics will be Ours! Russian experts will try so hard that Sochi 2014 will be great event in Russian sporting history.
18.02.2010 - 23:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Met@1lurg on 18.02.2010 at 23:33

P.S. Surprisingly why Finland so many years can not win WC or Olympics? They often went to final matches but... defeat.

Both play and both are Old Alfredsson its maybe last majoy event in team Swe , same for Peter Forberg
I dunnow hy Fin, they play wellk, but something missing , even Fin hockey school is good, good tecqnique, defense and tachtics and also players but something missing , maybe luck

Well etleats one big event in 2014 be in normal hours not gay hours at night how WC in Brazil
WC be etleast in nornal time this year
----

19.02.2010 - 00:00
Met@1lurg
Written by Bad English on 18.02.2010 at 23:50

Written by Met@1lurg on 18.02.2010 at 23:33

Both play and both are Old Alfredsson its maybe last majoy event in team Swe , same for Peter Forberg
I dunnow hy Fin, they play wellk, but something missing , even Fin hockey school is good, good tecqnique, defense and tachtics and also players but something missing , maybe luck

Well etleats one big event in 2014 be in normal hours not gay hours at night how WC in Brazil
WC be etleast in nornal time this year

I agree with "maybe luck". But who know? Finnish hockey is unpredictable.
How do you think if Sweden will play with Canada for example in 1/2 - what will be the result?
As for my team - we must win in final. I hope for that.
It will be interesting to see the final Rus-Swe.
in Sochi we must go for gold. Absolutely!
19.02.2010 - 00:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dont think now how its be swe-Can, I think Can will win, because you see Swe has 19 NHL players, they are weryy godo and skilled but team hasnt spend training together, they shood find old conmnections, in 1/2 final its be Stenley cup fight 7th game all or nothing , you never can tell when play so hight level teams, like last WC Rus one whit 2-1 , its +1 because Rus can not win Can whit +4 or more, same Can, in big game, its same level teams and winner usualy be thet who do better thgose small hockey thinks what only experts can ses

well 2014 I thibk Rus wont win, because you make presure for team and its harder , much harder how if you play free whit out, when host nation won OG in hockey? Same WC in hockey and football
Spain 1960 in football, its hard because of psychological presure,
----

19.02.2010 - 02:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Crap The Netherlands missed out on gold for the women 1000 metres speed skating by just 0.02 seconds.
Well Nesbitt, the Canadian who won, has been strongest the entire year up to now. So, not an unexpected winner and she deserved it since she skated fastest. Well, silver and bronze for The Netherlands and 6th and 8th place as well is quite a good score.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.02.2010 - 05:33
MetallicA
I caught some of the downhill skiing. pretty impressive, especially the one woman who had a nasty bruise on her shin
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
19.02.2010 - 11:40
Met@1lurg
The next game Russia will be playing with Czech rep.
Latvia was playing not good.
It was bad shootout of Ovechkin and Malkin against Slovakia. Next game will not allow to make mistakes. Slovakia worked hard to take that result. I know that Canada had problems with Swiss. Sweden won only 2-0 Germany.
So, very very hard matches will be in future. Playoffs will be on nerves.
Plushenko in figure skating won Silver medal. Normal result. He did 4-circle jump. It is very difficult. Other sportsmen didn't make it except for Japanese figure-skater.
19.02.2010 - 12:08
Met@1lurg
Written by Bad English on 19.02.2010 at 00:10

I dont think now how its be swe-Can, I think Can will win, because you see Swe has 19 NHL players, they are weryy godo and skilled but team hasnt spend training together, they shood find old conmnections, in 1/2 final its be Stenley cup fight 7th game all or nothing , you never can tell when play so hight level teams, like last WC Rus one whit 2-1 , its +1 because Rus can not win Can whit +4 or more, same Can, in big game, its same level teams and winner usualy be thet who do better thgose small hockey thinks what only experts can ses

well 2014 I thibk Rus wont win, because you make presure for team and its harder , much harder how if you play free whit out, when host nation won OG in hockey? Same WC in hockey and football
Spain 1960 in football, its hard because of psychological presure,

"Spain 1960 in football" is not Winter Olympics! How can you mix football events with Olympic hockey??!!
19.02.2010 - 12:42
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Hahaha...Russia lost to Slovakia and Canadians needed penalty shots to beat Switzerland...was funny to see how much was whole Canadian crowd happy with the preliminary round victory 3:2

womens hockey - USA - Finland 6:0 ... those finnish girls should return the skates, because they play really really horrible...

figure skating...lol...American looser won over Plju?čenko thanks to the refs, congratulations ...czechs - Březina 10th, Verner 19th

women snowboarding u-ramp - our racer Pančochová 14th overall, she was 2 places back from going into final

speed skating - 17 years old Erbanová 12th on 1000 m
----