Metal Storm logo
Funeral doom

Original post

Posted by Damnated, 19.05.2006 - 08:49
One of the most underground style's of metal, with very talented bands. I have been listening to a lot of funeral doom lately, and I really like it. The slowness and the atmosphere is just amazing. My fav bands from this genre would be Shape Of Despair, Nortt, Worship, Remembrence, Pantheist, Tyranny, Skepticism, just to mention the daily bands. What about you guys?
27.06.2008 - 18:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by HolyandFallen on 26.06.2008 at 14:10

Shape of Despair hadn't done any releases in two years now. Are they gonna do anything this year?

look ate home page and offical band sites, lables maybe there's s something, but I havnt hear nothing
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.07.2008 - 23:16
annodomini
Remembrance - Silencing The Moments is unbeatable for me this year .
----
the riddle wants to be...
04.07.2008 - 23:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by annodomini on 04.07.2008 at 23:16

I agree awsome album, it prooves furneal doom has future, because there soem people who always can make such music, realy good band
----

05.07.2008 - 00:35
BrutalDoom
Account deleted
Written by HolyandFallen on 26.06.2008 at 14:10

Shape of Despair hadn't done any releases in two years now. Are they gonna do anything this year?

According to their last interview, they're working on split with Process of Guilt.

Abyssmal Sorrow, Ataraxie, Esoteric, Remembrance. They all have made an outstanding albums this year.
05.07.2008 - 06:19
posmoderno
Account deleted
This is a good bands...

Here... in Chile exist bands like Funeral Inconscientemetne Natural, Úden and Voice Transmissions with the deceased...
10.07.2008 - 13:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ataraxie new album samples awalible in band myspace page, and new album are so awsome, realy awsome I love this band
Huh who's better french funeral doom or french wine?
----

10.07.2008 - 17:02
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Esoteric's latest album, and especially their solos, make me want to die. To be more precise, they make me want to dive in the cold sea at night, right in the middle so every shore is equally far, think about life for a few moments and when my energy systems are fully drained, suck my lungs full of cold, cold water and float...
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
11.07.2008 - 07:53
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah, I was listening to Esoteric there awhile ago...it's really too heavy for me to get into...
11.07.2008 - 13:51
Deadsoulman
Elite

I loved their debut, but I find "Silencing The Moment" quite boring actually. I really hoped they would leave the obvious nods to Shape Of Despair behind, but they didn't and unfortunately they quite sound like a rip-off on the new release IMO.
11.07.2008 - 15:44
annodomini
Its a matter of taste, for me its far better than debut.
----
the riddle wants to be...
11.07.2008 - 18:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Deadsoulman on 11.07.2008 at 13:51

I loved their debut, but I find "Silencing The Moment" quite boring actually. I really hoped they would leave the obvious nods to Shape Of Despair behind, but they didn't and unfortunately they quite sound like a rip-off on the new release IMO.

It isnt so band one of best 2008 albums, there much crapier albums and cheasyer nowdays how that one and Lithiaian dude was write its matter of taste
----

11.07.2008 - 23:35
Deadsoulman
Elite
Huh, of course it's a matter of taste, thanks for pointing that out twice to me : Just in case it wasn't clear that my post reflected my own personal opinion, I even typed IMO at the end. Anyway.

Still in my opinion, and I hope you'll forgive me for stating it, the new Esoteric which was mentioned a few posts above is most definitely the doom metal highlight of the year so far. I hadn't heard such twisted and morbid perfection for quite a long time. Those vocals are really insane, almost inhuman. This is an exhausting album to listen to, it's very psychologically demanding.
11.07.2008 - 23:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Deadsoulman on 11.07.2008 at 23:35

Huh, of course it's a matter of taste, thanks for pointing that out twice to me : Just in case it wasn't clear that my post reflected my own personal opinion, I even typed IMO at the end. Anyway.

Still in my opinion, and I hope you'll forgive me for stating it, the new Esoteric which was mentioned a few posts above is most definitely the doom metal highlight of the year so far. I hadn't heard such twisted and morbid perfection for quite a long time. Those vocals are really insane, almost inhuman. This is an exhausting album to listen to, it's very psychologically demanding.

For me Esoteric I never had listrened band much but album whit 2 CD I prefere one CD album better and Esoteric are one of those rear FD bands what I dont like so much even I wont deny it either
----

23.07.2008 - 21:37
Symmachus
Funeral doom is awesome music. I've been listening to a lot of it recently. I just got done listening to Absence of Life by Until Death Overtakes Me. I also enjoy drone doom a good deal as well.
27.07.2008 - 21:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 24.03.2008 at 22:23

the new Remembrance is pretty good. i have to hear it a few more times, though.

Burial Stone from Hungary you know band?
What do you think about it?

http://www.myspace.com/burialstone
----

27.07.2008 - 22:44
ß
Problem?
Iv'e been getting into funeral doom latley. So can anyone recommend me some bands?
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
27.07.2008 - 22:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by ß on 27.07.2008 at 22:44

Iv'e been getting into funeral doom latley. So can anyone recommend me some bands?

Best cd this year by far... Esoteric - Maniacal Vale, and then go for Skepticism, Thergothon, Evoken, Moss, Pantheist, Worship...
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.07.2008 - 22:54
ß
Problem?
Iv'e listened to some Skepticism so far and it sounded pretty good . Ill be sure to check out all the others thanks for the recommendations .
----
27.07.2008 - 23:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ß on 27.07.2008 at 22:44

The Funeral Orchestra and best way are gettin into doom are www.doom-metal.com there all funeral doom also try Pantheist
----

28.07.2008 - 04:39
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Brendan_is_cool: Maybe Esoteric? I've been listening to that band recently and they're pretty solid and have really slow chugging riffs...sometimes it's too much all at once (I'm not a religious funeral doom fan) but Esoteric seems to get the job done...
28.07.2008 - 05:30
ß
Problem?
Yea I gave Esoteric a listen and I quite enjoyed them. It looks like ill have to check out all the recommendations soon.
----
28.07.2008 - 11:09
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 27.07.2008 at 21:34

Written by Damnated on 24.03.2008 at 22:23

the new Remembrance is pretty good. i have to hear it a few more times, though.

Burial Stone from Hungary you know band?
What do you think about it?

http://www.myspace.com/burialstone

never heard about them, but they sound rather good. should find one of the demos.

another small band worth mentioning is Echoes From The Deep. they use a violin in their rather slow doom/death. never really listened to their material, i only saw them live recently, but that was enough to get a good impression.

dunno what's up their myspace, they said it's some badly produced stuff, but check it out anyways. it should give you an idea about their music. [url] http://www.myspace.com/echoesfromthedeep[/url]
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.

06.08.2008 - 05:43
ß
Problem?
I recentley found A Russian Funeral Doom Metal with lots of mixture of folk metal band called Во Скорбях which translates into In Sorrow. Im not entirely sure of the translation if im wrong please tell me the right translation. I recommed this to anyone who wants to hear some unique funeral doom metal .
----
06.08.2008 - 13:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ß on 06.08.2008 at 05:43

I recentley found A Russian Funeral Doom Metal with lots of mixture of folk metal band called Во Скорбях which translates into In Sorrow. Im not entirely sure of the translation if im wrong please tell me the right translation. I recommed this to anyone who wants to hear some unique funeral doom metal .

spell that band in latin letters and I try trasnlate, because written it in cyric can be hard find it in net
----

06.08.2008 - 17:02
BADDEST MEMBER
Yeah, I searched but found no profile band with the cyrillic name. Need the latin version.
06.08.2008 - 19:36
ß
Problem?
I found a youtube link if anyone wants to check them out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9RJm2rgJHQ

Edit: I should of edited this a long time ago but the bands name is Vo Skorbyah
----
11.08.2008 - 12:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Anybody knows sométhinbg about Darkflight new album
----

29.07.2009 - 18:10
Southern Wind
Account deleted
The Divinity Of Oceans by Ahab is probably one of the very best funeral doom metal albums ever released.... I'm obsesed with it, even although I hadn't been able to get the official version without those annoying voice-overs in some songs... to this date, the doom metal album of the year.
30.07.2009 - 20:55
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Written by [user id=5080] on 29.07.2009 at 18:10

I hadn't been able to get the official version without those annoying voice-overs in some songs...

i suggest you send me a private message then
thought i disagree with all the other things mentioned in your post. definitely not my type of thing
----
loves 小巫
31.07.2009 - 02:30
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by [user id=5080] on 29.07.2009 at 18:10

The Divinity Of Oceans by Ahab is probably one of the very best funeral doom metal albums ever released.... I'm obsesed with it, even although I hadn't been able to get the official version without those annoying voice-overs in some songs... to this date, the doom metal album of the year.

i ordered it, along with skepticism (alloy), evoken (antithesis of light) and darkspace III earlier this week when it was finally made available Stateside. cannot wait to get it next week.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!