Metal Storm logo
Wintersun

Original post

Posted by Elfeder, 23.05.2006 - 17:00
I was shocked when I noticed that no one created a topic on Wintersun it is so strange because this band is one of the best I know...they have just released one album but this album is fucking masterpiece,
I like their songs "Death and the Healing" and "Beautiful Death" they are great songs and this band is Idol for me.
03.06.2007 - 17:18
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by [user id=5394] on 29.05.2007 at 17:18

Written by [user id=24059] on 29.05.2007 at 14:50

Wintersun are one of the fastest bands i've ever heard. I love them for their speed especially on Beyond The Dark Sun.

You sure havent heard alot of music if thats the fastest you have heard :O

Haha, you stole my thoughts!
----
26.06.2007 - 22:44
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
So I finally got around to getting the Wintersun album. Firstly I have to say it is so very overrated. Dont get me wrong, its fantastic, and definitly exceeded my expectations, and worth the money, but not worth the amount of praise it gets. Ill be definitly getting 'Time' when it finally comes out.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.06.2007 - 23:03
Robstar
Great band, One of my favorite finish bands ever... From their Wintersun album my favorite track is Beautiful Death, so dark so beautiful.. great band indeed.
----
Nothing is unreacheable
29.06.2007 - 04:53
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
OK, so after a few days of listening Im actually coming around to Wintersun and Im starting to see what all the hype is about. Id probably fully understand the hype behind this band alot more if I was a guitarist, it seems the unique sound comes almost entirely from the great guitars.
----
- George Carlin
05.07.2007 - 23:12
OneWithMisery
And finnally people have noticed that not only CoB can make great solos and music...and with each listening of Wintersun I'm thinking more and more that the ones overrated are actually Children of Bodom..damn, just can't decide who is more talented-Alexi or Jari. /but respect to them both/
----
Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'till it goes CLICK!
07.07.2007 - 23:05
Ryliuk
Account deleted
After listening to their material and seen their performance on the Summer Breeze Open Air 2005 I conviced myself that some of the most amazing bands have been created in Suomi Finland, that for sure is going up in the top metal countries (is there a topic about it??? got to search...).
Great lyrics and musical composicion and performers makes Wintersun´s album "Wintersun" a masterpiece for me, I just can wait for "time" to be released.
Time is the Death and the Healing!!!
06.09.2007 - 08:54
Huse
Account deleted
Any news about Time?
06.09.2007 - 12:03
Nixx
Account deleted
Written by OneWithMisery on 05.07.2007 at 23:12

And finnally people have noticed that not only CoB can make great solos and music...and with each listening of Wintersun I'm thinking more and more that the ones overrated are actually Children of Bodom..damn, just can't decide who is more talented-Alexi or Jari. /but respect to them both/

Jari get's my vote, considering the fact that he does all the instruments on "wintersun" except the drums.
07.09.2007 - 07:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=20369] on 06.09.2007 at 12:03

Jari get's my vote, considering the fact that he does all the instruments on "wintersun" except the drums.

I find Jaris definitly more talented, but sometimes his solos are pointless, so you can play 5 billion notes per second, who cares?
----
- George Carlin
07.09.2007 - 09:13
Nixx
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 07.09.2007 at 07:04

Written by [user id=20369] on 06.09.2007 at 12:03

I find Jaris definitly more talented, but sometimes his solos are pointless, so you can play 5 billion notes per second, who cares?

Guitar players like my friend, that cares only about solos and speed.
I'm more into guitars with melodies that fits though, and that doesn't "rape" the songs.
08.09.2007 - 20:35
RedBaron
Account deleted
Jari is formidable, that is all I can say. After he left Ensiferum... well, you can notice some kind of difference.
Anyway, when is Time due? It's taking ages! Hope it will worth it!
08.09.2007 - 21:23
Nixx
Account deleted
Written by [user id=25700] on 08.09.2007 at 20:35

Jari is formidable, that is all I can say. After he left Ensiferum... well, you can notice some kind of difference.
Anyway, when is Time due? It's taking ages! Hope it will worth it!

Last time I heard anything about it was yesterday, where I read that it would probably be out by early 08.
08.09.2007 - 22:27
RedBaron
Account deleted
aha, thanks Nixx. wintersun's site doesn't present any new info on this matter. hope Jari's ok
12.09.2007 - 04:58
Winter Death
Account deleted
Considering how long this album is taking to come out, Time better make me ejaculate in my pants within 10 seconds of me hitting the play button.
12.09.2007 - 18:06
RavenLord
Written by [user id=16136] on 12.09.2007 at 04:58

Considering how long this album is taking to come out, Time better make me ejaculate in my pants within 10 seconds of me hitting the play button.

The total album length may exceed 74 minutes, which would mean it would run on to a second disc.

There are about 200 tracks used by song (I seriously don't know if Jari means this).

Let me elaborate.

Most 80's albums would have been done on, say, a 12-track, or a 24-track.

The earliest Venom, Darkthrone and Bathory albums were recorded on 4 or 8 tracks.

TWO HUNDRED TRACKS.

Even if that means two hundred tracks for the entire album, it's still going to sound ridiculously complicated. Either Maenpaa pulls off the song length and complexity, or it will fall flat on its face. It will either make you orgasm so hard your genitalia tear off and embed themselves in the nearest wall, or it will sound like a complete mess.

I think it's going to be the former.
----
13.09.2007 - 01:35
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by RavenLord on 12.09.2007 at 18:06

Written by [user id=16136] on 12.09.2007 at 04:58

or it will sound like a complete mess.

Im glad you included that, I was going to say that more tracks by no means garuntees it to be a great song. Alot of shitty nu metal bands use ridiculous amount of tracks like that. Not to mention it sounds over-produced alot of the times.
----
- George Carlin
13.09.2007 - 02:25
Winter Death
Account deleted
I have serious doubts about this album if Jari feels the need to track shit over and over again. Either your songs are good or they are not. Overkill tracking isn't going to change that.
15.09.2007 - 21:51
RedBaron
Account deleted
I don't think that Manepaa with all that talent could generate a crap album! He was the essence of the Ensiferum's Iron album which was a blaster. Debut album of Wintersun, another masterpiece. Don't think that the following material will be crap. Maybe he won't be able to match previous success, but still...
15.09.2007 - 22:03
RavenLord
Written by [user id=16136] on 13.09.2007 at 02:25

I have serious doubts about this album if Jari feels the need to track shit over and over again. Either your songs are good or they are not. Overkill tracking isn't going to change that.

I think he's just going to expand on what was the basis for the debut...after all, there are a hefty number of tracks in that already, given all the fills and vocal harmonies he throws in...
----
27.09.2007 - 00:30
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Wintersun is what I'd call a BEAUTIFUL FUCKING BAND. I heard Jari was really torn up about getting kicked out of ensiferum (which was actually because of his involvement with wintersun) and I was thinking maybe the whole "abandoned in the snow" theme had something to do with his feelings about that...?

Anyway, Jari is a great vocalist. The musicianship is great all around in this magnificent band. I cannot wait for the next album. My favorite track on Wintersun is "Battle Against Time". It's so amazingly beautiful...it almost made me cry the first time I heard it (which is not easy to do; I am not a sensitive person, seeing as I listen to mostly Death Metal and Grindcore). I am also really fond of "Winter Madness". I love the solo and bridge after the solo....very creative musicianship. I would LOVE to see this band in concert...
27.09.2007 - 19:20
RavenLord
Written by [user id=26018] on 27.09.2007 at 00:30

I would LOVE to see this band in concert...

From what I've seen of their latest tour (supporting Amon Amarth w/ Tyr) they've really polished up their live act, presumably due to the ability to purchase better equipment, and also down to experience. The solos sound damn orgasmic live, even on the 'Live at Summer Breeze' cash-grab DVD...
----
28.09.2007 - 05:48
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Does anyone know if/when Wintersun will headline a concert anytime????
28.09.2007 - 06:41
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Marcus on 28.09.2007 at 05:48

you could always check the tour dates on a bands website, why wouldnt you just go there?
----
- George Carlin
05.10.2007 - 02:30
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Written by Doc G. on 28.09.2007 at 06:41

Written by Marcus on 28.09.2007 at 05:48

you could always check the tour dates on a bands website, why wouldnt you just go there?

haha, gues I never thought to check myself. Maybe I'm just an idiot?
06.10.2007 - 15:19
Nixx
Account deleted
Kinda annoying, Norway being a neighbour country and a fellow comrade in metal, and they still havent visited us..

The track list for the new album is ready though, dunno if it's old news or not, just thought i'd add it:

"1. Sons of Winter and Stars
2. Land of Snow and Sorrow
3. Time
4. Fire
5. One with the Shadows
6. Storm
7. Silver Leaves

Seven epic songs and quite long ones, over 65 minutes of material.
It´s a theme album. The music has some new dimensions,
but has also the recognizable "Wintersun style". So hopefully
you will stay patient, the wait will be worth it!"
- Jari"

From their official myspace site.
06.10.2007 - 16:41
RavenLord
Written by [user id=20369] on 06.10.2007 at 15:19

Kinda annoying, Norway being a neighbour country and a fellow comrade in metal, and they still havent visited us..

The track list for the new album is ready though, dunno if it's old news or not, just thought i'd add it:

"1. Sons of Winter and Stars
2. Land of Snow and Sorrow
3. Time
4. Fire
5. One with the Shadows
6. Storm
7. Silver Leaves

Seven epic songs and quite long ones, over 65 minutes of material.
It´s a theme album. The music has some new dimensions,
but has also the recognizable "Wintersun style". So hopefully
you will stay patient, the wait will be worth it!"
- Jari"

From their official myspace site.

EXCEPTIONALLY old news.

Basically, all the music is written and most of it is recorded, but the studio has been booked for mixing until next year (!), so we have to wait until then before we can get a release date and tour dates announced.

...which makes the album title all the more ironic...
----
06.10.2007 - 16:45
Nixx
Account deleted
Yeah I kinda noticed that they were, I'm listening at o many bands these days that I'm kinda just listening at the music, and not seeking out for the news.
Think I'm gonna have to start doing so.
09.10.2007 - 12:47
Huse
Account deleted
I hope Jari would put some samples of Time to myspace or somewhere......
09.10.2007 - 22:51
RavenLord
Written by [user id=18554] on 09.10.2007 at 12:47

I hope Jari would put some samples of Time to myspace or somewhere......

He can't, as they haven't even been mixed yet...the most he could do is put down some of the tracks from it, but given the large number of tracks he claims to have used, that would be like attempting to give an impression of a Monet painting by revealing one colour.
----
10.10.2007 - 01:15
Stigmatized
After listening to this album again, I think it has finally hit me. It's still a little too long, but I was a lot less bored this time around. A few more listens and we'll see where it goes.