Metal Storm logo
Music genre you despise the most

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 06.07.2007 - 20:33
i was looking through this forum and found that many people like music which i consider shit. nothing wrong with that, but it made me curious as to what do people on here truly despise.

i, for one, hate improvisational jazz mainly, when the only one who isn't soloing is the drummer playing in 17/13 time signature a 32-bar rhythm.. sure, you're technical, but.... no emotion in your playing, therefore YOU SUCK!
28.04.2008 - 17:30
Sunioj
Written by Dangerboner on 28.04.2008 at 07:47

Written by Sunioj on 12.04.2008 at 14:17

Ethiopian pop music.

Do they sing about food?

I don't know... my logic is 'how could they sing about something they don't have?' or 'o my god, it's reggae, r'n'b, jungle trance, hardcore techno, and abba mixed into one song, I felt a blood vessel explode'
02.05.2008 - 19:11
Haightredy
Genres i hate most (in order of how much I hate them):
1. Rap
1. Pop
1. Country
1. Punk
1. All non-Metal Mainstream Music
1. Techno
1. Like Cursed said "experimantal random music of any kind, nonsense ambient-dream pop music(hooverphonic, morcheeba etc.) and "no, it's not random, it's just....proggy!! yeah!" music (improvisational jazz mainly, when the only one who isn't soloing is the drummer playing in 17/13 time signature a 16-bar rhythm)" I agree with that.
1. Nickelback: Biggest sellouts ever!
1. Any other sellouts

BTW: Thay are all #1 because I hate them all equally.
14.05.2008 - 06:47
Hrothdane
Written by Haightredy on 02.05.2008 at 19:11

1. Rap
1. Pop
1. Country
1. Punk
1. Techno
1. Like Cursed said "experimantal random music of any kind, nonsense ambient-dream pop music(hooverphonic, morcheeba etc.) and "no, it's not random, it's just....proggy!! yeah!" music (improvisational jazz mainly, when the only one who isn't soloing is the drummer playing in 17/13 time signature a 16-bar rhythm)" I agree with that.
1. Any other sellouts

quoted for fucking truth!
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
14.05.2008 - 11:20
Hamird
Lieutenant
no, not all the genres are cheap, look at industrial/ebm music and see the real heavy music.. alien vampires is a good example that even is known as black metal.

but i hate rap and specially gongasta rap which is included niggers (i don't hate black people but those who are in this genre are really nigger).
18.05.2008 - 22:16
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I used to hate emo, but now I'm just indifferent to it. I never hear it anyway, nowhere. So... whatever. Still, I prefer growls, because I can understand growls while I can't understand those screams.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
18.05.2008 - 23:53
Valentin B
Iconoclast

i don't really recall ever saying i hate everything else that is not metal in my post. and yes, i do dislike that type of music.

Written by Dangerboner on 28.04.2008 at 07:47

Written by Sunioj on 12.04.2008 at 14:17

Ethiopian pop music.

Do they sing about food?

actually that's the prog rock bands you are talking about. and yeah they sing about food, mostly sci-fi/fantasy themes like that
24.05.2008 - 10:06
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
I like most of the music genres(and respect most of those I dont listen) but Pop is shit. I cant stand them, it is the biggest shit ever, i like serbian turbofolk even more(its great when you are out) althought it has much worse music and lyrics
06.06.2008 - 12:22
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
EVERYTHING THAT IS NOT METAL!!!
well,to be more precise and honest i'd better say, i hate everything that IS NOT metal, Pink Floyd, Bad Relligion, A FEW other rock bands (NIN,A Perfect Circle,tool, ...).
Especially POP and RAP, they really SUCK, pure SHIT, worthless, ...
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
11.07.2008 - 22:47
Stuart
MiseryKing
I'm not too into genre classification, but I really HATE traditional central and southern african music... theres some good stuff from west and north africa though, and when they mix it with jazz, it is sublime. i like all genres of music though from pop to black metal, I just hate shit artists, which is 90% of all music in all genres.
12.07.2008 - 02:27
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 06.06.2008 at 12:22

well,to be more precise and honest i'd better say, i hate everything that IS NOT metal, Pink Floyd, Bad Relligion, A FEW other rock bands (NIN,A Perfect Circle,tool, ...).

That's pretty fuckin close minded there bud...you're missing out on a lot of good music then eh...heavy metal is not the end all be all...hopefully you'll learn that one day...
13.07.2008 - 14:49
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by [user id=2084] on 12.07.2008 at 02:27

That's pretty fuckin close minded there bud...you're missing out on a lot of good music then eh...heavy metal is not the end all be all...hopefully you'll learn that one day...

no, it's not a matter of being close-minded and such, it's just my taste, and there's nothing to be learned later!!!
----
13.07.2008 - 23:52
Elio
Red Nightmare
techno and tunz-tunz of the discos...if we can consider this music...
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
14.07.2008 - 04:10
sq_xeper
rap, hip-hop, reggaeton I really fucking hate and despite those genres! the other ones like pop, emo, techno Im indifferent to them, I dont care about that
----
The only way to learn is be aware and hold on tight...
17.07.2008 - 08:39
Tórnach
Account deleted
Techno, rave, hip hop and country. I can't give them positions, they all suck.
18.07.2008 - 03:40
JackMetal
Account deleted
new wave and punk.......enough said
23.07.2008 - 04:54
Twilight
IntepridTraveler

1. Rap
1. Pop
1. Country
1. Punk
1. Techno
1. Any other sellouts

Lol, I guess you got most music styles in a nutshell there.
Is there anything beside metal left to appreciate?
23.07.2008 - 16:23
Conservationist

I can agree to this. Excepting some ambient/electronica (Autechre, Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, Lord Wind, Wolfsheim, VNV Nation) and classical, everything but metal is ass. Rock music is for morons and rap for sub-morons.
23.07.2008 - 23:21
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin

1. Rap
1. Pop
1. Country
1. Punk
1. Techno
1. Any other sellouts

honestly, i just feel sorry for you. sure your laundry list covers a lot of crap - but it also covers a lot of damned good music as well.

oh well, your loss.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.07.2008 - 03:09
MetalFäng
Account deleted
Pop, rap. I cant stand hearing people singing about teenage heartbreak or capping people. They just suck so much.
24.07.2008 - 17:11
Detric
King Of Twilight
Country, grindcore and punk.
25.07.2008 - 00:19
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by BitterCOld on 23.07.2008 at 23:21

honestly, i just feel sorry for you. sure your laundry list covers a lot of crap - but it also covers a lot of damned good music as well.

oh well, your loss.

Written by Twilight on 23.07.2008 at 04:54

Lol, I guess you got most music styles in a nutshell there.
Is there anything beside metal left to appreciate?

Written by Conservationist on 23.07.2008 at 16:23

I can agree to this. Excepting some ambient/electronica (Autechre, Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, Lord Wind, Wolfsheim, VNV Nation) and classical, everything but metal is ass. Rock music is for morons and rap for sub-morons.

i'm pretty sure he was just sarcastic.. or i hope he was.. and you guys too lol.
25.07.2008 - 11:19
Detric
King Of Twilight

You can't possibly be 21..
25.07.2008 - 19:48
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Detric on 25.07.2008 at 11:19

You can't possibly be 21..

huh...you're right, i forgot, i'm just 6 caz didn't say what you would agree with!!
----
25.07.2008 - 21:00
Detric
King Of Twilight
Whats metal for you then? Dont you like Sabbath, Maiden, Deep Purple or Led Zeppelin? Im just curious, since I would get really bored of listening to metal only, day in and day out..
26.07.2008 - 18:10
Dark 3liss
it's interesting to see how u guys sound so visceral about the kinds of music u despise. like metal didn't offer variations itself... speed, power, epic, black, death, etc. it's hard to believe u like them all the same way.:)

there r some types of brazilian music i don't like and i personally have a bad time when for some reason i am forced to listen to pop and trance, but in general i'm okay with most types and i believe u can learn a lot about different cultures, especially when it comes to folk music.
26.07.2008 - 22:02
Haightredy
Quote:
Quote:

i'm pretty sure he was just sarcastic.. or i hope he was.. and you guys too lol.

Lol. Yes, most of that was sarcasm...
26.07.2008 - 22:11
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Quote:
Quote:
Written by Haightredy on 26.07.2008 at 22:02

Lol. Yes, most of that was sarcasm...

well then, what do you really hate? i couldn't get that out of your post lol
27.07.2008 - 11:00
Diluted
Account deleted
rap
**shudders**
27.07.2008 - 12:45
Tórnach
Account deleted
Pop, techno, rave, rap and gore metal. I hate gore metal.
27.07.2008 - 18:27
Sunioj
Written by [user id=33438] on 27.07.2008 at 12:45

...gore metal.

Kind of vague in my opinion.. do you mean metal with gore themes like Death and Grind?