Metal Storm logo
Dissection

Original post

Posted by Mega-Slayer, 25.06.2006 - 07:22
I was suprised to find there wasn't a thread about them already.Anyway I bought "Storm Of The Light's Bane/Where Dead Angels Lie",finally and "Somberlain" is next on my list."Where Dead Angels Lie" and "Night's Blood" are the highlight tracks for me.I wasn't sure if they were considered blackened death or melodic death.Its hard to describe the mood of this album,its dark and dreary,yet somewhat fantasy.If you haven't heard it go an buy it,if you like death or black you will enjoy it.
30.11.2011 - 00:26
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Death influenced melodic Black metal imo... The death metal is just an influence on their music (read: first two albums). The Black parts are still more dominant. Except the last album... It's a melo death album.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass

Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.

30.11.2011 - 00:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Last album I choose to ignore And that one is pure black metal. The band's management even told us at MS so when it was nominated for best melodeath album back when it was released
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.11.2011 - 00:45
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Obviously the problem there is the album being nominated for "best" album in any genre, really.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.11.2011 - 00:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.11.2011 at 00:45

Obviously the problem there is the album being nominated for "best" album in any genre, really.

as a melodeath album it was quite okay imo but still nothing great but then again I think that year was a crappy melodeath year, like every year after that
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.11.2011 - 01:21
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.11.2011 at 00:32

Last album I choose to ignore And that one is pure black metal. The band's management even told us at MS so when it was nominated for best melodeath album back when it was released

A funny thing is how this dude I talked to you about said that it was black too, the lyrics, atmosphere, ideology and shit and then tried to give me a history lesson talking about the reasons behind his suicide.... OMFG am I born yesterday or what?! Like if that didn't happen many years ago and wasn't big news when it happened.
Urgh... I barely hold my laugh when he was talking about his hero ending his own life because he wanted it to end by his own terms and he did everything he wanted to do with his life and blablablablabla.... Oh man!
----

Rod, let me love you.

01.12.2011 - 01:37
Savopipo
One of the best bands ever .. many people seems to think that "Reinkaos" is an album below standard but listen to it in detail and you'll understand how perfectly wonderful that album is!! I understand ...
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com
01.12.2011 - 01:39
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Reinkaos is decent for its melodies alone, but not much else. It has a bit of an occult vibe to it (due to the lyrical content most likely) but totally failed to grab me in any real way. I did enjoy "Starless Aeon" and "Black Dragon" though.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
01.12.2011 - 01:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Never listened to it. Probably never will.
01.12.2011 - 01:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
You aren't missing out on anything (although if you were ever curious enough, I'd recommend the two songs I posted).
----
01.12.2011 - 09:45
Warman
Erotic Stains
I love "Maha Kali", except for that song I never give Reinkaos a spin in the stereo. As I've always said, Reinkaos is the reason Nötveidt took his life, because he realised what he had done. And I said that before the "Hail Satan" dudes!
----
01.12.2011 - 21:28
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Warman on 01.12.2011 at 09:45
As I've always said, Reinkaos is the reason Nötveidt took his life, because he realised what he had done.

I was just about to say that to that fanboy who wanted to give me a history lesson about him... But yeah, he was hella taller and it was in charge of the cd-store that day so... and I actually think the guy is cool overall.
----

Rod, let me love you.

28.02.2013 - 18:57
Aristarchos
For me Reinkaos is their masterpiece. I find "Storm Of The Light's Bane" overrated. I don't think their early material could match the Swedish death metal bands. I have never been a fan of Swedish black metal, we have so much better death metal. Especially a melodic death metal album like "Eternal Death" by The Crown. In black metal I prefer Polish bands like early Behemoth and Furia, and also Ukrainian Lutomysl.
06.05.2013 - 00:00
Demonmayonnaise
I could listen to Storm of the LIght's Bane and Somberlain all day. Love those albums.
30.05.2013 - 16:48
Metal|Bleed
Reinkaos is a pretty catchy album overall, and the acoustic pieces are top notch. Don't see why many consider it to be bad. On first listen I actually enjoy it much more than The Somberlain.
----
Metal T-shirts, Metal accessories, Metal Pants, Metal posters.... For true metal fans only on http://www.metal-shop.eu/bands/
01.06.2013 - 19:48
Lit.
Account deleted
Reinkaos is an unbelievably meh album. Coming after two classics, I just retcon it and go listen to those two.
26.07.2013 - 07:23
DyingWorld
I was listening to Reinkaos earlier today. I understand why people aren't big on it but how anyone could write off "Black Dragon" is beyond me. Sure, it's very different from what came before but it's still a great album in it's own right. I don't even like most Gothenburg styled metal but they did it better than anyone else could.
27.07.2013 - 01:50
Lady GaGa
Account deleted
IMO they were always Death Metal with Black influences, as Jon would say "Anti Cosmic Metal Of Death", Storms and The Somberlain are great. I haven't heard enough of Reinkaos to make a judgement.
28.07.2013 - 02:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=848] on 27.07.2013 at 01:50

IMO they were always Death Metal with Black influences, as Jon would say "Anti Cosmic Metal Of Death", Storms and The Somberlain are great. I haven't heard enough of Reinkaos to make a judgement.

Early workd wa smore ''melodic'' ''atmosferic'' band lost atmosfere into music when Jon came out of jail
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.07.2013 - 23:34
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by [user id=848] on 27.07.2013 at 01:50
IMO they were always Death Metal with Black influences, as Jon would say "Anti Cosmic Metal Of Death"

Fuck, somehow I never thought of that (and I have this t-shirt). You just cracked the code, dude.
----

Rod, let me love you.

19.03.2016 - 17:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What does MLO warrior stands for
BTW does I am only one who thinks this guy was better looking whit long hair?

----

19.03.2016 - 18:07
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I don't know who that guy is, but some long hair would definitely hide some of his ugliness, yes.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
19.03.2016 - 18:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 19.03.2016 at 18:07

I don't know who that guy is, but some long hair would definitely hide some of his ugliness, yes.

Its Jon from Dissection
----

19.03.2016 - 18:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Guy who sings , sorry short haired metalheads but in this case he looks better whit long, long hair somehow hides his nazie ideas

----

19.03.2016 - 18:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 19.03.2016 at 17:56

Ever heard of Google?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.03.2016 - 19:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.03.2016 at 18:15

Written by Bad English on 19.03.2016 at 17:56

Ever heard of Google?

yes but it don't make a sense. Unless Mythological Luciferian Warrior as some ''so so'' sites suggests
----

19.03.2016 - 19:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 19.03.2016 at 19:06

yes but it don't make a sense. Unless Mythological Luciferian Warrior as some ''so so'' sites suggests

How the hell do you manage to make Mythological Luciferian Warrior out of Misanthropic Luciferian Order? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_of_the_Black_Light
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.03.2016 - 19:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.03.2016 at 19:23

How the hell do you manage to make Mythological Luciferian Warrior out of Misanthropic Luciferian Order? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_of_the_Black_Light

LOL it happened
Its 1th time I heard such thing, I am not interested in things what Jon was, I think he was one big idiot, Phil just speaks shit , Jon did shit, I don't support such acts, and I am not interested in, I only know 2 albums was awesome musically , its all. I found this pic and I was curios what means that patch. Its all
----

20.03.2016 - 01:34
Lord_Regnier
Written by Bad English on 19.03.2016 at 19:31

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.03.2016 at 19:23

LOL it happened
Its 1th time I heard such thing, I am not interested in things what Jon was, I think he was one big idiot, Phil just speaks shit , Jon did shit, I don't support such acts, and I am not interested in, I only know 2 albums was awesome musically , its all. I found this pic and I was curios what means that patch. Its all

It is well-known that Jon Nodveidt was a member of the Misanthropic Luciferian Order.
Dissection released 2 excellent albums and I like them very much but I didn't like Jon himself. He was fucked up in his head.
Another reason why I hate "Reinkaos", apart from the music being shit and nowhere near the level of the first 2 albums, is that it is a stupid tool of propaganda for Jon's fucked up ideas. If I remember correctly, "Reinkaos" was not even a Dissection album in the sense that Jon was the only remaining member of the original band, so it was a different band with Jon on vocals and guitars.
And yes, he was an idiot who caused the demise of the band, as well as his own demise.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
21.03.2016 - 18:10
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Lord_Regnier on 20.03.2016 at 01:34
And yes, he was an idiot who caused the demise of the band, as well as his own demise.

Even though it's a terrible joke... I still enjoy saying that he offed himself because he realised how shitty and pretentious his last album was.
----

Rod, let me love you.

22.03.2016 - 00:12
Lord_Regnier
Written by X-Ray Rod on 21.03.2016 at 18:10

Written by Lord_Regnier on 20.03.2016 at 01:34

Even though it's a terrible joke... I still enjoy saying that he offed himself because he realised how shitty and pretentious his last album was.

I heard this before from someone else on another board. I know you intended it as a joke but it is not impossible that the negative reception "Reinkaos" received played a small part in his suicide. But even in the case it played a part (I highly doubt it did), there are other things that played a much greater part. The guy had serious personal and social issues. I think he's never been diagnosed as bipolar or schizophrenic or anything like that but I believe he suffered from some mental illness. I don't think it is only a matter of having extreme ideas. Perhaps if he had received medical treatment he would not have ended up in jail, he would still be alive and he would still write and play great music. Tragic, when you think about it. Perhaps only a few right actions at the right time could have changed everything. Mind is so fragile and the line between sanity and losing control is so easy to cross.
Even if I said that he was an idiot and fucked up in his head, I like to believe that he could have been a better person if he had received help at the right time.
And even if I think lots of people are selfish and corrupt, I believe very few human beings are truly evil. At least I want to believe it. I find it too depressive to think otherwise.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"