Metal Storm logo
Black Sabbath

19.03.2008 - 18:20
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I was going to ask a question but then I realized that there wasn't an original topic for Black Sabbath anymore, so here it is. Anyway, on to my question:

Has anyone heard the latest live album 'Live at Hammersmith Odeon' and if so, how is it? I realize it was limited to 5000 copies and probably no one here got one, but I'm sure some people have still heard it. Just wondering.
----
The force will be with you, always.
19.03.2008 - 20:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
I wonder if the album has the okay from the band since it is released by a rather obscure record company.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.03.2008 - 21:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
WTF hepen whit original topic I swear I had seen it in forums but now
I never had hear BS album live onlys ee soem videos but I wanna get soem live album whit Ozzy and dio
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.03.2008 - 22:32
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.03.2008 at 20:25

I wonder if the album has the okay from the band since it is released by a rather obscure record company.

You think they would. It coincides with the Heaven & Hell line-up reforming, plus it's Sabbath. I wouldn't see why they wouldn't have the okay.
----
The force will be with you, always.
19.03.2008 - 22:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Clintagräm on 19.03.2008 at 22:32

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.03.2008 at 20:25

You think they would. It coincides with the Heaven & Hell line-up reforming, plus it's Sabbath. I wouldn't see why they wouldn't have the okay.

Well, Live At Last didn't have an okay from the band either. And btw, MA is reknown for having bootlegs in band discographies as if they were demos (especially the case with Metallica who ONLY had TWO demos and nothing more) or live albums (came across a couple in the Sacred Reich disco, which were later removed)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.04.2008 - 12:58
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
u know is the best and first metaller , I like this sing : Paranoid as u know when perform in live
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
22.04.2008 - 13:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ArtiA on 22.04.2008 at 12:58

u know is the best and first metaller , I like this sing : Paranoid as u know when perform in live

Hmmm didnt get what you try to say but Ozzy in all shows play paranoid live
----

apos;'
[image]
22.04.2008 - 13:45
addiction

Written by Bad English on 22.04.2008 at 13:28

Written by ArtiA on 22.04.2008 at 12:58

Hmmm didnt get what you try to say but Ozzy in all shows play paranoid live

hahahahahahahaha kariasakis didnt get what another person wrote....sorry about this but hahahahahahahaha!!!! the irony!!!!

anyway havent listened to sabbath for a long long time!!! but paranoid is cool
----
alive in the superunknown
13.07.2008 - 21:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast
just found this really great version of Planet Caravan, i like both versions, first heard this one in the link and both are great, smooth and calming tracks http://youtube.com/watch?v=hcS5XFnHzPQ
17.07.2008 - 04:42
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah, Black Sabbath is forever the premier and best heavy metal band ever...their first few albums are my favorite
17.07.2008 - 05:00
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I love sabbath, Toni Iommi and Geezer Buttler are amazing musicians. Well, all of them were, but those are my favorite members.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
17.07.2008 - 05:05
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Valentin B on 13.07.2008 at 21:38

just found this really great version of Planet Caravan, i like both versions, first heard this one in the link and both are great, smooth and calming tracks http://youtube.com/watch?v=hcS5XFnHzPQ

Eh, I will admit, she had a soothing voice, but you just can't compete with the origional.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
17.07.2008 - 07:23
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Can someone please tell me if these albums are good: Never Say Die!, Born Again, Seventh Star, The Eternal Idol, Headless Cross, Tyr, Cross Purposes, and Forbidden

I'm running out of HD space for downloads.

I worship most of their other albums though, with their debut being probably my number two album of all time.
17.07.2008 - 13:31
Valentin B
Iconoclast
it's Geezer's Birthday... Happy Birthday you old Geezer!!

one of my personally favorite bassists.
17.07.2008 - 22:27
Gordon Freeman

Written by Dangerboner on 17.07.2008 at 07:23

Can someone please tell me if these albums are good: Born Again, Seventh Star, The Eternal Idol, Headless Cross, Tyr, Cross Purposes, and Forbidden

I'm running out of HD space for downloads.

I worship most of their other albums though, with their debut being probably my number two album of all time.

Tyr is a great album.

The Eternal Idol, Headless Cross and Cross Purposes are all pretty decent as well.

I don't like Seventh Star...but some people do. And Forbidden just sucks.

I haven't heard Born Again.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
18.07.2008 - 00:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Thanks. I've come across some YouTube videos for these albums, so hopefully they have enough for me to get an idea how they sound. I've only heard two songs from Headless Cross so far, and it reminds me a little of Trouble, actually, but with more of an 80's feel LOL. I might eventually have to buy it
18.07.2008 - 03:26
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Gordon Freeman on 17.07.2008 at 22:27

Born Again isn't that great of an album...Gillan's vocals really don't fit with Black Sabbath hahaha...Digital Bitch and Zero Hour are the only really memorable and good points on the album in my opinion...
18.07.2008 - 11:54
mortjoyeux

Written by Guest on 18.07.2008 at 03:26

Written by Gordon Freeman on 17.07.2008 at 22:27

Born Again isn't that great of an album...Gillan's vocals really don't fit with Black Sabbath hahaha...Digital Bitch and Zero Hour are the only really memorable and good points on the album in my opinion...

Word to that, only song I actually liked on that album was digital bitch. Other than that I couldn't grasp the vocals.
18.07.2008 - 13:10
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth

This girl inspired me to pick up my acoustic guitar and learn the riff. I think I'm gonna learn it and cover it with my band.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
18.07.2008 - 13:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by K✞ulu on 18.07.2008 at 13:10

This girl inspired me to pick up my acoustic guitar and learn the riff.

yeah lol me too. though i did modifiy it a bit, it sounds too goddam weird on the original with the F#-G-B-E chord... i mean wtf?

so instead of playing the 4th fret on the D string for that chord, i play the 5th fret and it sounds much more normal.

what a great riff though.. Iommi is a fucking genius.
18.07.2008 - 13:21
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Arian Totalis on 17.07.2008 at 05:00

I love sabbath, Toni Iommi and Geezer Buttler are amazing musicians. Well, all of them were

..well except for ozzy that is that dude is a poor vocalist, whatever you all might say. of course i personally can't imagine another guy singing paranoid, electric funeral, sweet leaf or into the void, his voice fits them well, but although he has a unique voice, he isn't really that special, the special thing about him was his showmanship, like with the buckets of water or the bats and pidgeons lol... or saying "we love you all!! god bless you all!!" to the crowd every 20 seconds

dio on the other hand blows ozzy away, his voice is too "epic" for their first albums, but really, Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules are 2 of their best songs, and ozzy would butcher these 2 live.
18.07.2008 - 13:29
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Valentin B on 18.07.2008 at 13:16

Written by K✞ulu on 18.07.2008 at 13:10

This girl inspired me to pick up my acoustic guitar and learn the riff.

yeah lol me too. though i did modifiy it a bit, it sounds too goddam weird on the original with the F#-G-B-E chord... i mean wtf?

so instead of playing the 4th fret on the D string for that chord, i play the 5th fret and it sounds much more normal.

what a great riff though.. Iommi is a fucking genius.

Do you mean istead of this

-0---------
---7-------
------4---

you played this:

-0-----
---7----
-----5 ?

Or what part do you mean? And yeah, Tommi is indeed a genius: two bars make the whole song, and then an awesome slow solo. I think I'm gonna let the lead guitarist play the whole song, and I will just sing it. I wish my band agreed to do it. Most of them have different influences from me...
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

18.07.2008 - 14:18
Valentin B
Iconoclast
it's like this in the original:

e--------------------------------------------------
b---------------0---0--------------0--------------
g---------------0---0-----------0----------0------
d---------4-----5---4-------4----------4-----7---
a------7----------------7-5----------5------------
e----0---------------------------------------------

but i play it like this:

e------------------------------------------------------
b---------------0---0--------------0------------------
g---------------0---0-----------0-----------0--------
d---------5-----5---5-------4------------4----7-----
a------7----------------7-5------------5-------------
e----0------------------------------------------------

you got it upside-down... are you a left-handed guitarist or something?
18.07.2008 - 15:26
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
that's what I meant. I freaking always write tabs upside-down. Seriously... . I tried playing it like you, but think it loses the beauty of the because you have 5th fret on the D string followed by another two. So I like the original better.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

07.12.2013 - 21:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
When Black Ssabbath did realise new album, I dont remeber what discussion we had, and then I found out Geezer was main BS song writer, and I was listening Ozzy yesterday and all time whole life I have been thinking how came BS has so good lyrics and Ozzy solo those are cheaper and sucks more, and more, much weeker, now I found out the ansver and well indeed BS lyrics are much better aI think Geezer The Lyricist could write song lyrivs for Ozzy's solo songs to and what would be better
----

apos;'
[image]
25.12.2013 - 18:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bad English on 07.12.2013 at 21:06

When Black Ssabbath did realise new album, I dont remeber what discussion we had, and then I found out Geezer was main BS song writer, and I was listening Ozzy yesterday and all time whole life I have been thinking how came BS has so good lyrics and Ozzy solo those are cheaper and sucks more, and more, much weeker, now I found out the ansver and well indeed BS lyrics are much better aI think Geezer The Lyricist could write song lyrivs for Ozzy's solo songs to and what would be better

if its true then OZZY is one big wussy, Gezzer Buttler wrote lyrics at black sabbath, now eh writes at Ozzy solo album, what Ozzy can do, probably not even satisfy Sharon ... what a wuss, snif the white dude
PS Geezer's lyrics are better

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-ozzy-osbourne-bassist-bob-daisley-talks-to-eddie-trunk-about-for-facts-sake-book-audio/
----

apos;'
[image]
09.07.2016 - 13:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Wanna hear something cool read my post here
----

apos;'
[image]
25.11.2022 - 19:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Tony Martin Opens Up on 'Really Weird' Band Politics, Says Box Set of Martin-era Black Sabbath Is Coming Out in 2023

In a new interview with Canada's The Metal Voice he confirms it

----

apos;'
[image]
25.12.2022 - 08:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Geezer Butler has come down with pneumonia. Earlier today (Saturday, December 24),the 73-year-old musician's wife, Gloria, shared images of her husband wearing a face mask and sitting in the examination room at a doctor's office. She captioned the images: "After day 1 at Dr with my husband & was told he was negative for flu, Covid, strep & tonsillitis; I said…well, he's positive for being a pain in my arse. Day 2 at Dr, he was told he has pneumonia. Although, still positive for being a pain; I now feel guilty for thinking that. #ugh #mypoorhusband #feelbetter #menmaketheworstpatients #geezerbutler".

This past June, Butler revealed that he had tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, apparently for at least the second time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmjftvVrVo_/
----

apos;'
[image]
03.01.2023 - 15:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]