Metal Storm logo
What do you think about Linkin Park?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 09.10.2006 - 22:45
In my first post I didn't include much information about the band because I just wanted to know your opinion about them.
Anyway I knew this band from the T.V I saw the "IN THE END" clip once and I like it so much. I loved the lyrics and the way they skip from the rap to the rock. Actually this band is famous in this style so I started listing to them that's happened about 2 years ago.
Then I meet my boyfriend "Imperial Ice" and Ofcours he was a metal head long time ago then I met the metal songs so I stopped listing to them. (I know long details).
Now I'm so in Gothic Metal and some other bands like Children of Bodoom, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Iced Earth. But about month ago I heard about the new album for them LP and I liked it so much the lyrics the music even the screaming. I loved there voices and I saw them as a metal band not rock or hard rock but as a metal band I mean when I listen to the song Die Die Die my darling for Metallica I see no different between the song Don't Stay (album Meteora) for LP or the song Faint from the same album.
I hope that someone could understand what I mean or find the missing point in my words so can help me explaining to you Metal Storm about the importance of this band
Thank you
17.09.2012 - 08:35
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Hybrid theory and Meteora--that's what LP was all about. For me, they died after Meteora.
14.10.2012 - 18:22
pottsj
When I started getting into "alternative music", I was listening to Linkin Park, Slipknot, The Rasmus, stuff like that... I can't stand any of those bands now apart from Linkin Park. They were more than just teenage angst and stood the test of time
17.10.2012 - 20:54
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 16.09.2012 at 23:58
One of the girls decided to visit the balcony for having a smoke, and there she went, only to find out there are frozen mushrooms on the balcony floor. She came back quickly and told about disgusting frozen mushrooms, and I slowly started to remember that it possibly was my last night's puked pizza on that balcony floor. Well, she still remembers me from those mushrooms, and I remember the song "Going Under".

Still a better love story than twillight!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.12.2012 - 15:11
burnt-bridge
Horrible band, always have been
21.12.2012 - 02:50
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by burnt-bridge on 20.12.2012 at 15:11

Horrible band, always have been

Nah, not really.
29.12.2012 - 18:05
Thrashette
The band that immediately comes to mind when someone says "generic suburban white boy music"....
I remember liking Hybrid Theory and even Meteora when I still had some liking for pop music, but didn't bother following them after that. I eventually realized they're just another over-rated band that got famous following the same algorithm and writing shitty angsty lyrics for all their songs.
29.12.2012 - 18:13
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Thrashette on 29.12.2012 at 18:05

I remember liking Hybrid Theory and even Meteora when I still had some liking for pop music, but didn't bother following them after that.

This.

Now, they have become some fucking boring dubstep crap group who have lost popularity, money and fame. Well, i must tell you this band WAS broke up when Mike Shinoda and Chester started their own groups( Fort Minor and Dead By Sunrise) and created feud.
30.12.2012 - 21:14
FinnishSammich
Written by Thrashette on 29.12.2012 at 18:05

The band that immediately comes to mind when someone says "generic suburban white boy music"....

You say it like it's a bad thing.

Regards, suburban white boy
30.12.2012 - 22:10
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Whiny
----
30.12.2012 - 22:15
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Don't ban me, I know it was one word. My bad.
----
31.12.2012 - 03:53
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish

... is what I think about Linkin Park. But yeah, I still have my copy of Hybrid Theory somewhere.
01.01.2013 - 01:03
FourMechALYX
Account deleted
I don't like them personally, but then again I don't really know a lot about them. This thread reminded me of my silly twelve year old self trying to get into their music because a couple of my friends were into it and not being able to because the songs I was listening to by them made me really sad. Oh well, haha.
16.01.2013 - 17:25
Jtbmetal123
All of their material is great until Minutes To Midnight. Everything After that is bad to me.
23.01.2013 - 02:10
stupid noob
Account deleted
You know, it's funny. All of my friends love these guys and none of us understand why I don't like them either! It's crazy! They write interesting songs about personal struggles, they have a perfect mix of heavy and emotional moments, and they even have ties to rap just like Slipknot. But for some reason I just can't get into them! I did get into metal thanks to a few of their videos on MTV years back though, so I can't knock them for that!
08.03.2013 - 16:27
Kanto
Written by Jtbmetal123 on 16.01.2013 at 17:25

All of their material is great until Minutes To Midnight. Everything After that is bad to me.
Every single word of this. Punctuation mark included. The "Transformers" incident didn't work very well for them. They hit on Billboard and all that, but the music quality went down.
----
...Dude.
29.03.2013 - 10:22
Rhiannon
Account deleted
I never had a problem with them. I only heard some songs from Hybrid Theory and Meteora when they were popular (around 2000-2002 I guess), and I liked them. Metalcore bands are much more annoying than them imo.
01.04.2013 - 21:38
Written by Azarath on 31.12.2012 at 03:53

... is what I think about Linkin Park. But yeah, I still have my copy of Hybrid Theory somewhere.

It basically sums up my thoughts as well.

...Nah but seriously I used to listen to some of their songs when I was younger. Just the most mainstream and popular stuff, they never caught my attention.
14.02.2014 - 03:08
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
That meme above hahahaha. Made my night.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
27.05.2014 - 01:01
Dr.Overkill26
Honestly Hybrid Theory is one of my Favorite albums of all time, it was literally the first cd I ever bought incidentally.
----
Do you need what I need? Boundaries overthrown Look inside to each his own
Do you trust what I trust? me myself and I Penetrate the smoke screen I see Through the selfish lie
30.06.2014 - 08:36
Ganondox
They're okay, sorta catchy and have some good songs, though half their songs sound the same. I only like their more metallic stuff, though it's still far from metal.
18.09.2014 - 17:41
Kanto
The other day I listened to "Hybrid Theory"...that was nostalgic, but not specially music I like now. If they introduced me a song called "In the end" or "Crawling" today I'll be just like ....meeeeeh. Nostalgia works people, it does.
----
...Dude.
29.12.2014 - 14:37
I like some of their songs. I relate them to Tranformers so they sound quite nice.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
18.03.2015 - 00:03
ADIresiduos
I liked their first 2 albums; the following ones I did not because they were sounding less-metal/rock and more pop/electronic. But the new one I like; they're getting back to their roots now. Good change of musical direction.
08.09.2015 - 19:14
In Bone Factory
I just like their first 2 albums. "Crawling" "Papercut" "In the End" "Faint" and "Numb" were my favourites. Chester Bennington is very good though. He could be a great Metal vocalist.
----
The End Is Nigh ...
30.08.2016 - 19:15
Metren
Dreadrealm
Listening to them now for nostalgic reasons and heh... they're not half as bad as I remembered. "Numb" is a great example of how to make a four-chord-song without being too obvious about it and that actually takes some skill. I kind of like their overall sound and the vocals too, I think if the guitars were actually interesting I'd listen to them for other than nostalgic reasons too
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
17.09.2017 - 12:45
darkthrone
One word-crap
17.09.2017 - 21:31
Polaria
I have never knowingly heard a single song from them. I only know them by name and tragic news.
----
Life is all the pain we endeavour.
09.07.2022 - 17:45
Good band, just a little bit of youthful teenage, but at least they help young ppl.
10.07.2022 - 12:41
Metal Rasputin
In a way they represented a somewhat typical early 2000's alternative metal with some rap and synth stuff here and there. I never really liked them myself, I think most people who were into Hybrid Theory and maybe Meteora quickly forgot them after some time had passed. I don't think many people even knew they were still around until Chester Bennington died and da fans found them again. From what I've heard, their later albums arent any good, but whatever.

This goes little off-topic, but there's something about a death a of a celebrity that makes some people go completely insane. Years ago we had this one massively despised public figure in Finland who people wished would go away and die already, some folk threw bottles at him. After the poor man passed away he became a frigging saint and everything was suddenly forgiven, every good person, politicians, journalists and their cats and dogs came to mourn his passing publicly and some even tried to get him a lavish stateman's burial. They even erected a frigging statue in his honor. I have never seen anything more hypocritical in my life, it was disgusting.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!